• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
centipede
Oh crap, you're kidding me. >.< I've been working on a centipede Pokemon as well (although it only has 2 stages and it's part of a pair, similar to Ledian/Ariados). This is what I get for not posting the ideas I'm thinking about doing.

But eh, what the hell, I'll post them anyway. Millipede Pokemon are still a work in progress...heck, the entire thing is a work in progress lolol. I'll be updating this post sporadically as I'm also working on a pumpkin Pokemon (just saying that so this won't happen again >.<)

EDIT:

But we're both making centipede thingies, I started before I saw your post, however.
lololol you too? I honestly thought I was being original. <.>

---

Centingle
(SEN-tin-gull)
The Centipede Pokemon
Evolves into Duopede at Level 18
Bug/Ground

Length: 1m
Weight: 2lbs

Centingle has the appearance of a centipede, with a greyish-yellow exoskeleton and 50 legs. It has a black "fin" that runs along its back, and two, sharp "antenna" attached to its hind, which it uses for fighting. Its head is a reddish colour, and has two, short antenna sprouting from the very front of the head. It has two round, black eyes placed along the side of its head, and its head is in the shape of a sphere, and is a bit wider than the rest of the body.

It would pretty much be exactly like this, except with the fin:

Pokedex Entry: "This Pokemon lives under tree stumps, where it lies in wait for its prey."

Stats

HP: 30
ATK: 70
DEF: 30
SPATK: 35
SPDEF: 20
SPD: 65
TOTAL: 250

Moves

-: Scratch
5: Leech Life
8: Fury Cutter
13: Mud-Slap
16: Twineedle
21: Focus Energy
27: Bug Bite
34: Swords Dance
41: X-Scissor
48: Double-Edge

(TMs later >.>)

Duopede
(DOO-oh-peede)
The Centipede Pokemon
Evolves from Centingle at Level 18
Bug/Ground

Length: 2m
Weight: 5lbs

Duopede, like its previous evolution, looks like a centipede, but its exoskeleton has changed to a dark brown and it now has 100 legs. Its black fin has split in two, and moved along yje body so that they are placed diagonally on Duopede's back. Also, it grew another head at other end of its body, where its second pair of "antenna " used to be. The heads have long, sharp pincers, long, black eyes and are shaped like and ant's head, and are a bit wider than the rest of the body.

Looks like this, but would be longer, has more legs, and it would have the fins and the other stuff I mentioned about its heads:

Pokedex Entry: "The second head of a Duopede does not think for itself, so the first head is never opposed in its decisions."

Stats

HP: 50
ATK: 105
DEF: 45
SPATK: 50
SPDEF: 40
SPD: 100
TOTAL: 390

Moves

-: Scratch
5: Leech Life
8: Fury Cutter
13: Mud-Slap
16: Twineedle
18: Double Hit
23: Focus Energy
30: Bug Bite
37: Swords Dance
45: X-Scissor
53: Double-Edge

(TMs later <.<)

Millaboose
(MILL-ah-boose)
The Millipede Pokemon
Evolves into Locopede at Level 18
Bug

Length: 20cm
Weight: 5lbs

Milliboose is basically a red millipede with only 500 legs, although by its short, stubby body, it looks more like a pill bug. The top half of its body has a black stripe that runs from its front to its end. It also has small, black squares placed along both of its sides, with regular intervals in between each square. It also has small spikes jutting out in pairs along its back, which roughly match up with the intervals between squares.

Locopede
(LOH-coh-peede)
Evolves from Millaboose at Level 18
The Millipede Pokemon
Bug/Dark

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Starters needed? Well, I have some that I've been "working" on for years now. I've thought about making a pokedex figuring that it would help to motivate me to refine/complete my ideas. But I'm such a huge procrastinator that nothing ever came of it. :p

I haven't completely finalized the designes yet so these are some fairly rough sketches of what they should look like.

Loving the amount of activity in this thread btw.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Sorry man, but we have 14,000 different things being put up for starters with movesets and stuff already done, and pre-specified types were already agreed on.... Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting, and Fire/Psychic as the last Pokemon in each evolution chain.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Haha, it's ok I was just sharing my ideas. I didn't know that you guys had already decided on anything as I didn't see a mention of it in the OP when I had last checked.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
We have like 4 fire starters

Which one we choose has yet to be decided.

As I said, Joe never updates the OP, theres got to be 10+ Fakemon hes missing.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Chill, feel free to submit any submissions that you wish to submit.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I know they're not going to be used, but Chill I really like the bird/grass starter and the dog/water starter! The fire one is also really cute :p

IC3R

Smash Lord
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Galeark
Height: 2'1"
Weight: 13.7 lbs

Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye / Own Tempo
Gender Ratio: Male 37.5%, Female 63.5%
Egg Group: Flying

Base Stats:
HP - 49
Attack - 43
Defense - 43
Special Attack - 30
Special Defense - 36
Speed - 61
(Base Stat Total - 262)

Movepool:

Level-Up:
Lv1: Peck
Lv1: Growl
Lv5: Screech
Lv9: Gust
Lv13: Mirror Move
Lv17: Meditate
Lv21: Whirlwind
Lv25: Assurance
Lv29: Roost
Lv33: Wing Attack
Lv37: Twister

Hurricrane
Height: 4'9"
Weight: 70.1 lbs

Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye / Own Tempo
Gender Ratio: Male 37.5%, Female 63.5%
Egg Group: Flying

Base Stats:
HP - 69
Attack - 73
Defense - 73
Special Attack - 50
Special Defense - 76
Speed - 101
(Base Stat Total - 442)

Movepool:

Level-Up:
Lv1: Peck
Lv1: Growl
Lv5: Screech
Lv9: Gust
Lv13: Mirror Move
Lv17: Meditate
Lv23: Whirlwind
Lv29: Assurance
Lv35: Roost
Lv41: Wing Attack
Lv47: Thrash
Lv53: Tornado*

• Tornado - Flying - Special
    120 Pwr - 85 Acc - 5 PP
    Effect: Traps the foe for 2-5 turns, dealing damage equal to 1/16 of the foe's max. health each turn.

TM / HM:
TM03: Water Pulse
TM06: Toxic
TM10: Hidden Power
TM11: Sunny Day
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance
TM21: Frustration
TM27: Return
TM32: Double Team
TM40: Aerial Ace
TM42: Facade
TM43: Secret Power
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM47: Steel Wing
TM51: Roost
TM58: Endure
TM68: Giga Impact
TM78: Captivate
TM82: Sleep Talk
TM83: Natural Gift
TM87: Swagger
TM88: Pluck
TM89: U-Turn
TM90: Substitute
HM01: Cut
HM02: Fly

Egg Moves:
Brave Bird - (Pidgeot, Crobat, Dodrio, Honchkrow, Skarmory, Swellow)
Curse - (Crobat, Farfetch'd, Aerodactyl, Skarmory)
Encore - (Togekiss, Chatot)
Hypnosis - (Crobat, Noctowl)
Perish Song - (Honchkrow, Altaria)
Pursuit - (Pidgeot, Fearow, Crobat, Dodrio, Aerodactyl, Honchkrow, Skarmory, Swellow, Wingull, Altaria, Staraptor)
Quick Attack - (Pidgeot, Fearow, Crobat, Dodrio, Farfetch'd, Xatu, Swellow, Wingull, Staraptor)
Take Down - (Aerodactyl, Noctowl, Altaria, Staraptor)

Tutor Moves:
Icy Wind
Ominous Wind
Snore
Swift
Endeavor
Heat Wave
Twister
Tailwind
Sky Attack

Bolded Moves have STAB.
Italicized Moves are competitive.

X-Act's Base Stat Rater says:
"This Pokemon is Rank: 4, ABOVE AVERAGE."

Sample Moveset (1):

You Must Die!:
Hurricrane @ Leftovers
Timid / Own Tempo
EVs - 232 HP, 28 Def, 248 Spd
~Tornado
~Perish Song
~Roost/Substitute/Protect
~Roost/Substitute/Protect

Trap foes with the powerful Tornado attack, then use Perish Song for a guaranteed KO (be it yours, and/or your foe's). The two filler moves are used for stalling turns while Perish Song is active.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Update the thread, JOE!
rawr

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
So is the foe is hit with a 120 BP move at the end of every turn, or simply taking 1/16 of his health away? Just askin'.

And I just realised something. Wasn't there this thread a while ago by 1 w1ng3d ang3l (called 'wat') which had some fake starters and legends in it? We could use that... except that I can't find it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Haha, it's ok I was just sharing my ideas. I didn't know that you guys had already decided on anything as I didn't see a mention of it in the OP when I had last checked.
Oh my goodness it's Chill!

This is true nostalgia now.

If only Kenji and W4M were here..

But I do like Galeark. :D

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Galeark and Hurricrane are pretty cool. I wanna see what they look like!

Also, let the battle of the centipedes begin!

Also, JOE! needs to update the OP

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Edit: Wut

Looks like flyinflipino edited out stuff, and now this post is usless.

JOE!

Smash Hero
ive been busy, if you want me to update the OP, either VM, PM me , or decide on which Farfech'd allready...

JOE!

Smash Hero
exactly, which is why im gonna go back and at least list them on the OP :p

but we need to decide this:

Our Farfech'd evo, our Fire starter, and I think our bug soon...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Sorry, I forgot to put something in my last post, and then got sidetracked, and then...

I vote Neofant/Ilumiphant/Tuskorch for the Fire starter, Aut'thaer, and I haven't decided on the Bug yet. Stay tuned!

Delfin

Evolves into Squalfin at LV36
Type: Water
Ability: Swift Swim / Technician

HP: 50
Atk: 50
Def: 50
Sp Atk: 70
Sp Def: 50
Spd: 60
BST: 330

Class: Playful Pokemon
Length: 3'11'
Weight: 75 lbs.
Colors: The stripes on the top and bottom of its body (including its fin) are a light, ocean blue. The rest of its body (including its tail) is a darker, but still vibrant, ocean blue. The small bump on its forehead is pale yellow.
Pokedex Entries:
- It blows bubbles and plays with them like toys. Its high-pitched cries travel faster through the water than in the air.
- It is said to be an intelligent and curious Pokemon. The lighter coloring on its underside help confuse attackers from below.

Level Up Moves:

- Bubble
- Supersonic
- Tail Whip
10 Water Gun
15 Pursuit
20 Swift
25 Aqua Ring
30 Bubblebeam
35 Mirror Coat
40 Sing
45 Bounce
50 Water Pulse

TM/HM Moves:

Water Pulse
Toxic
Hidden Power
Taunt
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Protect
Rain Dance
Safeguard
Frustration
Iron Tail
Return
Double Team
Rest
Attract
Thief
Brine
Endure
Flash
Captivate
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Swagger
U-turn
Substitute
Surf
Waterfall
Whirlpool

Move Tutor Moves

Ancientpower
Dive
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Snore
Swift
Uproar
Aqua Tail
Bounce
Iron Head
Mud-Slap
Signal Beam
Mirror coat
Headbutt

Egg Moves (Water 1/Ground Egg Group):

Ice Shard
Safeguard
Encore
Aqua Jet
Aqua Ring
Brine
Fake Out
Perish Song
Signal Beam
Baton Pass
Agility
Aqua Tail
Mud-Slap
Dive
Swift

Squalfin

Evolves from Delfin at LV36
Type: Water
Ability: Swift Swim / Technician

HP: 80
Atk: 80
Def: 80
Sp Atk: 100
Sp Def: 80
Spd: 105
BST: 525

Class: Nautical Pokemon
Length: 7'5''
Weight: 180 lbs.
Colors: Its main body is now a deep lavender color. Its top and bottom stripes (which form a wave pattern on its sides) are still a light sea blue. Its horn is pale yellow.
Pokedex Entries:
- Its elegant horn was highly sought after by sailors in the old days. It is used to defend its pod and also to augment its already high swimming speed.
- It is known to rescue humans drowining at sea and take them back to shore. Pods of Squalfin and Delfin migrate seasonally between warm and cold seas.

Level Up Moves:

- Megahorn
- Horn Drill
- Bubble
- Supersonic
- Tail Whip
15 Water Gun
20 Pursuit
25 Swift
30 Aqua Ring
35 Bubblebeam
40 Mirror Coat
45 Sing
50 Bounce
55 Water Pulse

TM/HM Moves:

Water Pulse
Toxic
Hidden Power
Taunt
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Hyper Beam
Protect
Rain Dance
Safeguard
Frustration
Iron Tail
Return
Double Team
Rest
Attract
Thief
Brine
Endure
Giga Impact
Flash
Captivate
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Poison Jab
Swagger
U-turn
Substitute
Surf
Waterfall
Whirlpool

Move Tutor Moves

Ancientpower
Dive
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Snore
Swift
Uproar
Aqua Tail
Bounce
Iron Head
Mud-Slap
Signal Beam
Mirror Coat
Headbutt

Egg Moves (Water 1/Ground Egg Group):

Ice Shard
Safeguard
Encore
Aqua Jet
Aqua Ring
Brine
Fake Out
Perish Song
Signal Beam
Baton Pass
Agility
Aqua Tail
Mud-Slap
Dive
Swift

JOE!

Smash Hero
Edit: Wut

Looks like flyinflipino edited out stuff, and now this post is usless.
which is why you shouldnt be so hasty to ***** at people, they can EDIT IT OUT.

(this is why I belive my MYM buddies left the thread, guys like you essentially attacking them for doing the littlest thing wrong, instead of saying what they did wrong in a constructive manner, you just ***** and moan...)

@Tery:

in regards to the new gen, lets get the starters down first and foremost, then decide on the area? Seeing as the area the gen takes place in greatly determines what Pokemon it would have.

and Ill also be making pics of the starter ideas we have so far soon...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
*doesn't know what was posted/is afraid to find out*

I also didn't know what Stratagem was, so I looked it up as well. Nice job, JOE!, although Delfin/Squalfin are spelled with an "f", not a "ph").

Is there anything specific that needs to be created for the New Gen.?
The region? :bee:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I didn't ***** at him, he made a post where he had Fakemon stuff like his previous one. He had that post, and he had two more Pokemon on it aswell, but those two Pokemon had Gloguide's stats, name, etc, and I simply commented on how he does that/did that on accident.

JOE!

Smash Hero
sorry, its just your track-record + my iffy mood today made me jump to a conclusion...

ok, gonna fix OP....

then we need to decide Aut'thear or talltale, along with Kittorch or Neophant

Bias aside, and with my respects to Kupo, id prefer if we had a balanced-bulky-speedy starter trio instead of balance-bulky-bulky, as it would give the player more options of how they want to go through the game, especially with their unique typings (well, the fire's is 100% unique).

Aside from this, there is 1 bear type pokemon (ursaring), 1 nautilis type (Omastar) and 1 tiger (Raikou, if you count him). Giving each of these starters a more unique feel then they allready get from being an evil panda, cthulhu and a mystical cat.

The elephant however allready has Donphan and Mamoswine, and not to be mean, but an elephant doesnt really come to mind when you think of a fire-type. Psychic can work, sure, as elephants are regarded highly in India and they even have an elephant god, relating to the mystic for them. But the fire element seems a bit alien for a pachyderm, whereas a Tiger would fit quite nicely with the image of fire, along with having the mystic roots the elephant has to give it Psychic as well.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
*doesn't know what was posted/is afraid to find out*

I also didn't know what Stratagem was, so I looked it up as well. Nice job, JOE!, although Delfin/Squalfin are spelled with an "f", not a "ph").

The region? :bee:
Oh. I was thinking of that but Joe beat you to the punch, hahaha.

I vote Tuskorch (the elephant one) for the Fire-type starter.

-Terywj

JOE!

Smash Hero
i just dont see the appeal of it..

I mean, the final evo is an elephant with a hole in it's head. Regardless of the fact theres no history or lore behind why an elephant is chosen for a fire starter...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Eh, a badger/rodent thing isn't exactly what I picture when I imagine a Fire-type, but I like Typhlosion anyway. Maybe you'll just have to choose another starter, JOE!. :bee:

*starts thinking up region*

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Just look at a detailed map of Japan.

You'll find a region sooner or later among the various islands Japan has.

JOE!

Smash Hero
...why do they have high special attack?

anyways, is that seriosuly the only thing you are looking at for the starter choice? the stats? (which wizz should edit into crashken)

what we have here is a tiger (which duh, would be close to other felines because ITS A DANM TIGER) which has roots in myth as to why it has fire and psychic powers.

on the other hand, we have an elephant, which has roots in myth for it's psychic powers as well, but is alien to the fire type. It would be like making an Ostrich a water type pokemon, when it isnt really related to water at all.

On top of this, it really negates why you would choose Pandark, as its either Balanced, or two tanks. As opposed to Attack, Balance, Defense along with the typing you would consider for your starter, isntead of just "which types do I wnat to resist..." it's "how do i want to play the game?"

On a second note, we dont even know what the Neofant line looks like, besides it being an orange (?) elephant with a gem in it's head-> bigger version of that-> bigger version, now with a hole in it's head that drools lava.

sure it has cool stats and stuff, but the design of it is just...odd. Its based off an animal that doenst relate to the fire type, and it doesnt even look different from each evo to the next, except when the gem falls off...

@flyin:

Cyndaquil is based off of an idea that a porcupine could have spines of fire most likley. Even though it is a tad off compared to every other starter idea, it still has a concept behnd it to drive it's beliveablity as you can kinda tell what it's about. WIth neophant, someone would look at it like: Cool, ane elephant!....Why is it a fire type?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It would be like making an Ostrich a water type pokemon, when it isnt really related to water at all.
I want to see a water-type Ostrich.

Right ****ing now. This is gold we have here, shiny, Muking, gold.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I hope youre just trying to be funny right now, because a water-ostrich is the stupidest idea ever.

Thats beacuse chickens do not fly around like eagles/etc.

Psyduck is a duck, they are more strongly associated with water, so they were kept as water-types.

Torchis is based aroudn ****-fighting, and fried-chicken for irony as it fries you :p

EDIT:

the point remains, what concept is behind an elephant being a fire-type? From the design all we have is that it's a warm, orange elephant...that gets bigger, then gets bigger again until the gem falls out, and it bleeds lava from the hole

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Nobody here can understand the almighty win of Aquastrich....

Sigh.....

Top Bottom