• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Hm...if it doesn't stop recovery, then you can probably still stall by jumping over the new collision box. But making it stop recovery is also not good. The slope might need to be moved up a little no matter what fix we use, but that's having some issues, unfortunately. Where's Maestro, anyway? Maybe he can help with the moving of the slope.

And I think Venom is a worse stage than Corneria in terms of competitiveness. It just allows to camp on either side of the wall, forcing the loser to approach from up top, which is oftentimes disadvantageous.
Melee allows Corneria, but bans Venom, for multiple reasons.
1) no, it can't when there's a wall at the ledge to stop it

2) yes it will **** with recoveries, but ideally not if its low enough

3) the slope won't move. you might as well just forget that option.

4) i pm'd meastro earlier today. the only fix i could think he could do that i can't is hex the ledge into a curve. its possible that he might be able to move the ground, but you really need to try and not get your hopes up (on top of possibly not working, it may rip holes in the models).

5) its going to be a bad stage in either form. in the meantime we might as well just finish venom if only as a side/optional download.

edit: if all else fails we can establish a rule against waterfall camping and leave it in alpha, announcing updates as we make them.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yes, it can, but putting planes at the base of the hill doesn't do anything to prevent the camping. what we need is some way to make the edge rounded so you just slide off. i'm trying it, but the edge just keeps refusing to go away.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Due to being stuck posting from the wii, I shall now attempt to download these stages with my mind.

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
This thread is great. I love it. A very welcome change from the bland playable stages we had before. Great job!

Also, does the level freezer code doesn't make all levels freeze, does it? And if not, where is the level freezer code for summit? I thought it used to be in the OP, but it's not there anymore. There's just one for Big Blue. =/
I'm probably a n00b.

DQP

Smash Ace
could someone upload a brawl+ 6.0 gct with summit frozen? code manager and gctedit both hate me right now:grrr:

camzy

Smash Journeyman
This thread is great. I love it. A very welcome change from the bland playable stages we had before. Great job!

Also, does the level freezer code doesn't make all levels freeze, does it? And if not, where is the level freezer code for summit? I thought it used to be in the OP, but it's not there anymore. There's just one for Big Blue. =/
I'm probably a n00b.
Learn how to make your own level freezer code here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9101769&postcount=2993

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
will try later.

Ooh very nice. I feel like a real haXXor now. it works.
Why isn't the level freezer for Summit in the OP, though? The one for Big Blue didn't work for Summit. It didn't for me, anyway. :(
well, i didn't put the code because the idea is to release sets of stages as DLC which would then include a txt/gct. however, if you do want to use the code, the stage ID for summit is 17. put it under the 00000000 line and you should be fine. otherwise, you can wait for the DLC (which as i understand it will come in v/B+/-/B versions).

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the stages FrozenHobo and MK26. They're excellent. I particularly like Summit+ and NPC+.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Just sharing an idea that, Green Hill Zone, relocate?
Probably on the top of the giant Loop or anywhere else that could probably fit better
(although, the loop just makes it a plain boring neutral though)

(Stupider Idea, Spear Pillar Upside Down XD [forgive me, I just think it might have a chance at being competitive lol except for the ceiling maybe] )

EDIT: I'd probably call that thinking out of the box, but meh i dunno

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Mansion: Didn't work because of Brawl+
NPC: Didn't work because of Brawl+
PTAD: Worked XD
Summit: Didn't work because I can't understand how to add new codes to Brawl+ without replacing the old ones.
WarioWare: Froze.
Big Blue: Didn't work because I can't understand how to add new codes to Brawl+ without replacing the old ones.
Distant Planet: Didn't work because I can't understand how to add new codes to Brawl+ without replacing the old ones.
Bridge of Eldin: Froze.

[sarcasm]I've had a succesful day[/sarcasm]

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Not sure why B+ would keep the first two from working. They work fine for me.

Still on 4.1? Are you PAL? You naturally won't be able to use some of these stages until File Patch 3.5.1 comes out due to file size.

Wish I knew how to port codes.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
well, i didn't put the code because the idea is to release sets of stages as DLC which would then include a txt/gct. however, if you do want to use the code, the stage ID for summit is 17. put it under the 00000000 line and you should be fine. otherwise, you can wait for the DLC (which as i understand it will come in v/B+/-/B versions).
I'm hoping that by the time we're done most of these, we'll have leaned enough that we no longer need the level freezer.

For now I'd just post it in code tags and leave it to the people to compile the gcts. It's not hard. Actually, I'd probably just post your little guide and leave them to make their own code. It'd be good for them.

This is Temple incase people didn't want to click on it. First is Shadic's, second's mine. Give me feedback on the boundaries. Oh, Shadic, you might want to tweak your boundaries or spawns - I adjusted them according to the layout and they're fairly standard (so try it first) but I never actually downloaded your pac. I still need to do something about the bottom platform and move the vertices on that slab of stone on the back right.

Here's the options for the bottom platform.
- Extend the platform and leave it a ceiling. The platform doesn't exactly line up with the wall across from it so I haven't decided exactly what I'd do here yet. I could figure something out nonetheless.
- Remove the platform and make the walls non-walljump. People can still come through the middle but the can't hang around underneath. If you think this is a problem, Delfino and Halberd are much worse for sharking. This is the easiest option.
- Fill the empty space with stone/dirt/rubble. I'd just take something from some other part of the stage and fill the void. A piece of wall from directly below could work

The sky is so empty.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Mansion: Didn't work because of Brawl+
NPC: Didn't work because of Brawl+
PTAD: Worked XD
Summit: Didn't work because I can't understand how to add new codes to Brawl+ without replacing the old ones.
WarioWare: Froze.
Big Blue: Didn't work because I can't understand how to add new codes to Brawl+ without replacing the old ones.
Distant Planet: Didn't work because I can't understand how to add new codes to Brawl+ without replacing the old ones.
Bridge of Eldin: Froze.

[sarcasm]I've had a succesful day[/sarcasm]
Hey, I just DLed these stages and they're ALL not working, also are these editable in BrawlBox? (Cuz I can't open it)

EDIT:: "X://private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/stage/"
Isn't it X://private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/stage/melee/ ?

DQP

Smash Ace
Thanks for PTAD, it's great!

Pork City is too, but that background is horrible and needs to be changed.
nah, i like new pork's backround. it gives it a dank, city-like look, which, after seeing Watchmen and living in dark Anchorage, Alaska for 16 years, is kind of attractive to me.

alas, if you don't like it, you can always get an alternate texture for it.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, with regards to DP+. i'm going to just remove the left ledge and keep the whole top part as ground. we'll just ban that dumb stall (if someone does, save the replay and watch the TO do his job. this with the waterfall/friendly bulborb code should make it a good CP.

every time i look at this stage i see it as a neo Termina Bay. i love it!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Giving up, huh. I understand, though. It's such a pain...
Hopefully, he can get it to have permanent rain one of these days.

But first thing's first...what's next on your list of stages to work on?

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
I have the latest PAL version.

So is there anyway to open a .gct in notepad?
Unfortunately no. Chibo Sempai has a GCT Edit, but it only gets like 12% of the code.

I recommend bugging Shanus or someone in the Brawl+ group to get you a text file of the latest PAL version and get codemanager to edit your gct. I know nothing about PAL, so good luck on finding codes for it. =/

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Giving up, huh. I understand, though. It's such a pain...
Hopefully, he can get it to have permanent rain one of these days.

But first thing's first...what's next on your list of stages to work on?
well, i could try and work more on my BoE idea...

but i also have the pacs for GHZ and JJ sitting on my desktop and i would like to get them in the "done" folder.

plus i still need to look at Mario Bros, FZ2, and 75m.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Personally, I find 75m and Mario Bros. to be lost causes. As for Flatzone 2, making you appear in front of the G&W system, with other stuff like the grabbable "ledges" and weaken hazards, may work, but it will probably take way too much time.

And I have an idea for Bridge of Eldin.

Keep the right boundary, along with the ledge settings, the way it is in the current fix, for the temporary walk-off idea.
Make the left boundary to the left of the wall, but relatively close to it to make camping the walls riskier.
Right now, the current BoE fix makes the stage seem a little cramped (especially when the bridge is broken), since the boundary is so close. This would add a tiny bit more room (it's not much more, though, since we're pretty close to the end of the bridge already), and also get rid of walk-off camping on the left.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Personally, I find 75m and Mario Bros. to be lost causes. As for Flatzone 2, making you appear in front of the G&W system, with other stuff like the grabbable "ledges" and weaken hazards, may work, but it will probably take way too much time.

And I have an idea for Bridge of Eldin.

Keep the right boundary, along with the ledge settings, the way it is in the current fix, for the temporary walk-off idea.
Make the left boundary to the left of the wall, but relatively close to it to make camping the walls riskier.
Right now, the current BoE fix makes the stage seem a little cramped (especially when the bridge is broken), since the boundary is so close. This would add a tiny bit more room (it's not much more, though, since we're pretty close to the end of the bridge already), and also get rid of walk-off camping on the left.
if i'm following your idea correctly, you want to make a "wall" on the left side, but so you can stand on it? and then move the boundary out more? i can do that, but would you also want a bigger broken piece, or a regular broken part?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It would be better if you couldn't stand on top of the wall, and would just slide off the top if you attempt to (like how that one fix of DP+'s slope was). But there being a short wall there would be interesting, to say the least.
And yeah, move the left boundary out more, but only past the "wall" a bit (like maybe just beyond the wall by as much as Bowser's body size). But if possible, make it so that the camera can still move really close to the left boundary, in order for people to be able to see where the wall is.

And is it possible to make a bigger broken piece & gap without haven't to stretch the stage? If so, then the gap could be a little bigger (maybe like 30-50% bigger?). Probably be better if the ledge part is moved inwards (to the left) rather than the piece/right-boundary stretched/moved further right, in order to avoid making the stage too big, but that would seem harder to do.

I have a feeling this stage may become a little on the big side if both of these is done, but if it isn't much of a hassle, then it's worth a test.

EDIT: I just noticed that the current BoE fix is actually really big...it just feels cramped because of the boundaries and how it's a walk-off.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
moving the ledge in would require me to cut off some of the left. its much easier/better to just make the breakable part longer and adjust the stage accordingly. i want to make a ledge on the left side, and thats what i'm going to do, but due to the length of the stage i may need to have AMK/Maestro hex out part of the stage.its definitely do-able, it will just require a lot of tweaking.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well, i can specify if a ground can be grabbed or not.if i make everything to the left of a certain piece of ground "none" and then make that piece "grableft" it becomes a ledge. then it becomes a process of removing the excess.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I had a feeling that might be it, but that would look weird.
I'm for changing stuff to make stages better, but when it comes to changes that makes it simply look weird and out-of-place, I always look at it negatively. (Such as the SMI idea earlier.)

D

Deleted member

I'd love a salvaged BoE , but at the same time I like the original for a fun casual/competitive playground to mess around on. BoE cannot escape its destiny =p
Also how are the more competitive fixes doing? PS2, PS1, Spear Pillar, Pirate Ship?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
BoE with a ledge like that would look strange, even with editing...
But do as you feel...It's not like I can do anything about it.

And the thing I'm looking forward to the most is work on the PS2's changing fields option.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
This is Temple incase people didn't want to click on it. First is Shadic's, second's mine. Give me feedback on the boundaries. Oh, Shadic, you might want to tweak your boundaries or spawns - I adjusted them according to the layout and they're fairly standard (so try it first) but I never actually downloaded your pac. I still need to do something about the bottom platform and move the vertices on that slab of stone on the back right.

Here's the options for the bottom platform.
- Extend the platform and leave it a ceiling. The platform doesn't exactly line up with the wall across from it so I haven't decided exactly what I'd do here yet. I could figure something out nonetheless.
- Remove the platform and make the walls non-walljump. People can still come through the middle but the can't hang around underneath. If you think this is a problem, Delfino and Halberd are much worse for sharking. This is the easiest option.
- Fill the empty space with stone/dirt/rubble. I'd just take something from some other part of the stage and fill the void. A piece of wall from directly below could work.
The sky is so empty.
I actually had spawns for everything fixed in mine. Including items. :laugh: Anyways. I just went and sorta combined what you had, what I had, and then cleaned it up a little bit. Here's what we're looking at:

Changes:
- All graphic parts of the stage that shouldn't be there, aren't. (AK did it, of course.)
- Stage boundaries and camera boundaries fixed - Expanded out quite a ways. Looks more like a real stage now.
- Bottom area under platform is no-walljump.

I think filling it would be the best option, if possible. If you can't get it looking right, then either alternative works just as well.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Something has to be done with the little platform below, the best idea IMO is to completely remove it and make the top one non passable(from below or above) or just plug the hole with a non-passable platform from...somewhere xD. This will remove the ability of some chars to just circle around stage(Kirby, Pit, etc)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
The temple ruins actually look kind of cool, despite what I thought it would be at first.

Top Bottom