• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

IC3R

Smash Lord
Safe Step - Entry hazards are only half as effective.

Well, that would lessen the effectiveness of Stealth Rock, putting on the same damage ratio as Infernape and Heatran, the only two OU Fire Pokemon.
Taking half damage from Spikes is almost as good as ignoring them completely: 1) 6.25%, 2) 9.75%, 3) 12.5%.
One layer of Toxic Spikes being completely ineffective while a double-layer results in only normal Poisoning, sounds nice. With Tuskorch's existence, folks will actually have to use that second turn to set up another layer. Getting poisoned is bad for a tank, but it's easy to get rid of Toxic Spikes simply by using Rapid Spin, which Tuskorch happens to learn, or just switching in a Poison type to absorb the things. :bee:

Also, X-Act's Base Stat Rating says Tuskorch is Rank 6: Very Good. :)

JOE!

Smash Hero
im sorry, but i just cannot imagine Tuscorch using rapid spin of all moves XD

just picture a non-donphant type elephant doing it

and we need a fire starter <.<

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Everyone, just forget Kittorch, forget Neophant, lets have a ****ing Giraffire!

SRSLY.

:D :p

IC3R

Smash Lord
Tuskorch can use Rapid Spin because it is circus-trained.

lol @ Fire/Psychic shark.

What's an animal that hasn't been seen in Pokemon that's even remotely relevant to Fire and/or Psychic?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The ostrich. Dodrio does not count.
The narwhal. Colossoil does not count.
Chimera?

Those are just random animals I'm thinking of. They don't necessarily comply to the typing.

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The Aquastrech family is based on ostriches and Squalfin is partly based on the narwhal. *does some animal research*

Are the Fire starter still going to be part-Psychic?

Moozle

Smash Champion
I'm sure im just not thinking right, but I can't think of any frogs...

And before someone mentioned that tuskorch could only use eruption if the whole in its head remains. Why couldn't it erupt out of its trunk?

Edit: dangit politoed :( , but I still think it could maybe be a cool idea to have a frog.I also reallly like the idea of having a fire deer or fox (because they are my favorite animals), but both have already been done :(

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I still think a Fire-type shark should be our Fire-starter.

LAWL

-Terywj
**** yeah, too bad landsharks have been done already. Maybe a lava shark or something idk.

What's an animal that hasn't been seen in Pokemon that's even remotely relevant to Fire and/or Psychic?
Human Chimera is probably the best bet until someone finds an actual animal for this typing.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
And before someone mentioned that tuskorch could only use eruption if the whole in its head remains. Why couldn't it erupt out of its trunk?

Edit: dangit politoed :( , but I still think it could maybe be a cool idea to have a frog.I also reallly like the idea of having a fire deer or fox (because they are my favorite animals), but both have already been done :(
The Croagunk family are also frogs

I'm sure Tuskorch could spew hot rocks and lava from its trunk. Maybe instead of a deer (Stantler), we could have some sort of antelope? They're fast and live in grasslands where fire is common, so it'd fit the stereotype....

Or how about anteaters? They're cool critters.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
This is an aardvark:

I think the Sandshrew line is kind of armadillo-based. Anteaters on the other hand haven't been done yet, I don't think. I was toying around with the idea of a termite-based Pokemon that's part Fire-type. Maybe it can prey on them.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Completely off the current topic, I know, but I think I needed to get this region sorted out and see if we can't finalize the design. So, let me get this straight about it:

Name: Tohoko

Geography: based off the northernmost part of the mainland of Japan. Mountainous in the north, plains and a small arid desert to the south. Surrounded by sea on three sides. The desert has a shallow canyon running through it. In the mountains there is a secret villange where the last gym lies and (maybe) the plot of this generation comes to a climax. It's also where you meet the Bug-type legend we discussed. A marshy area lies on the border between the mountains and the plains in the middle of the country.

Gyms: (based off Sir Bedevere's description) In order: Ground/Fire > Grass > Flying > Ice/Psychic > Dragon > Poison > Dark > Bug. Arguably going in a spiral starting from the bottom left of the continent and going inwards.

Elite Four: Either on an island we create off the coast (Allspice Island) or underneath the plains, south of the mountains and accessible via the Dark-gym's town.

Elite Four types: *pending*

Towns: In order: Pestle Town - starting town > Cinnamon Town > Caraway City > Fennel City > Cilantro City > Rosemary Town > Oregano City > Basil Town > Savory City > Cayenne City > Mint Mountain > Sage Town > Tarragon City

Other areas: Allspice Island, other places and dead-ends we may decide to add later.

Say, I've an idea. You remember that the Pal-Park in Sinnoh was very close to the south border, right? How about we extend the map slightly upwards so that we can encompass it instead of having to create our own area for migrating Pokemon from the 3rd gen?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I want to see a Fire/Poison type for a starter. And although I can't find it, I know I posted a picture of an animal in the Next Gen thread that we could actually use for this specific typing. Behold, the Australian Desert Lizard.

Neutral to SR, (probably) physically bulky, and gains access to both WoW and Toxic Spikes? Holy **** yes please.
Behold, fire. **** Psychic and all that yada yada bull****. This thing's hella legit; even if it does require re-working the entire starter line.

I DON EVEN KARE ENEMOAR.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
This just adds to the conundrum of Fire-type starters doesn't it?

I say make it a separate Fire-type so it can have better stats and whatnot.

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Completely off the current topic, I know, but I think I needed to get this region sorted out and see if we can't finalize the design. So, let me get this straight about it:

Name: Tohoko

Geography: based off the northernmost part of the mainland of Japan. Mountainous in the north, plains and a small arid desert to the south. Surrounded by sea on three sides. The desert has a shallow canyon running through it. In the mountains there is a secret villange where the last gym lies and (maybe) the plot of this generation comes to a climax. It's also where you meet the Bug-type legend we discussed. A marshy area lies on the border between the mountains and the plains in the middle of the country.

Gyms: (based off Sir Bedevere's description) In order: Ground/Fire > Grass > Flying > Ice/Psychic > Dragon > Poison > Dark > Bug. Arguably going in a spiral starting from the bottom left of the continent and going inwards.

Elite Four: Either on an island we create off the coast (Allspice Island) or underneath the plains, south of the mountains and accessible via the Dark-gym's town.

Elite Four types: *pending*

Towns: In order: Pestle Town - starting town > Cinnamon Town > Caraway City > Fennel City > Cilantro City > Rosemary Town > Oregano City > Basil Town > Savory City > Cayenne City > Mint Mountain > Sage Town > Tarragon City

Other areas: Allspice Island, other places and dead-ends we may decide to add later.

Say, I've an idea. You remember that the Pal-Park in Sinnoh was very close to the south border, right? How about we extend the map slightly upwards so that we can encompass it instead of having to create our own area for migrating Pokemon from the 3rd gen?
I've done some playing around with the map and created a design that's pretty close to what Sir Bedevere described and a bit more "branched", like he wanted. It also follows your outline pretty closely. I'll draw it out and post a map later. Also, are you proposing that we incorporate Sinnoh's Pal Park into Tohoko? That'd be interesting...(it probably doesn't necessarily have to be for 3rd gen migration, though).

I lol'd pretty hard at your picture.

An anteater could be Ground-, Normal-, or even Grass-type right?

-Terywj
Sure, an anteater could be any type. What if this anteater Pokemon preyed so often on a Fire/Bug type termite that it gained the ability to spew fire itself?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

-Terywj

Agreed.

Now, seriously. I hate this stupid deal with the Fire starters. We need to choose between old Crashken and IC3R Krashken, then choose a fire starter based on if Krashken is bulky or speedy.

You know, I think we should just make a SEPERATE THREAD for a POLL for the Water/Fire Starter. Bulky Squid and Speedy Fire or Speedy squid or Bulky fire.

HECK, I'll make that right Muking now. Lets just end this all right here, right now.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

-Terywj
I agree. Just throwing it out there though. And I'd REALLY love to know why I've had my thoughts almost entirely taken by Fire-types. Apart from Cyndaquil and a few choice others that I can't really remember right now, I don't even LIKE most of them. I'm much more of a Dark-type kinda guy.

Why the hell didn't I make a Grass starter again? D:

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I've done some playing around with the map and created a design that's pretty close to what Sir Bedevere described and a bit more "branched", like he wanted. It also follows your outline pretty closely. I'll draw it out and post a map later. Also, are you proposing that we incorporate Sinnoh's Pal Park into Tohoko? That'd be interesting...(it probably doesn't necessarily have to be for 3rd gen migration, though).
Indeed. I'll be waiting for it. ;)

And the migration thing depends what this gen's engine is going to be based off, I guess. If it's based on DP/P/HGSS, then yes, it would be for the 3rd gen. If it's new, then it'll have to be for the games that I just listed. Kind of pointless, though, since we're not exactly going to be making this into a full-fledged game anyway...

(OR ARE WE...?)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Back to the anteater idea...

"Anteater" @ Life Orb
Quick Feet / Modest
252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
~ Leaf Storm
~ Earth Power
~ Flamethrower
~ Hidden Power [Ice]

That would be frightening, in my opinion.
I just threw out Quick Feet as an idea for an ability. Immunity could also work since it eats termites (right?).

-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
What about Gluttony for an ability? Like you said, it eats a lot of termites. I'm pretty sure it'd eat a lot of other stuff too if it can eat termites.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I just realized I don't know how to make a poll on SWF.

Why does this forum have to be so difficult?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You can't. You're a regular member, I think.

Why do you think that for all the SmashCAP 1 polls, they were made by Spire? The only polls I ever made were bold vote polls.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Then they should really update the Smashboards FAQ on par to that.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well there's a poll in the Pool Room (I think I even saw you post there) that was made by a "normal member," but he was Premium, so I dunno.

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Tohoko v.2​

Sorry about the bad lighting.​

Gym Types (generally in order):
Ground - *couldn't make up my mind with the name*
Flying - Fennel City
Poison - Cilantro City
Ice - Mint Mountain (debatable order)
Dark - Caraway City (debatable order)
Fire - Cayenne City
Grass - Sage Town
Dragon - Tarragon City

Pestle Town is located in an arid/desert like area (think California, maybe). Going through a small canyon takes you to the first city (yet unnamed). It's bordered on one side by a lake that's inaccessible early on. Moving to the foothills takes you to Fennel City. Just up ahead is a loop in the river that flows through the forest. This loop encompasses a swampy area and Cilantro City (a bridge gives access to this area). Traveling northward takes you to the mountains. Here's where things get iffy: I know Mint Mountain should be in the mountains and Caraway City (the underground city?) should be at the foot, but I don't know which should come first. Regardless, around this time the Surf HM becomes accessible.

From here, you can choose which path to take to go across the island to Cayenne City (major metropolitan area) and Tarragon City. You can surf across Stratus Lake, travel down the river through the forest to Sage Town, or trek through the mountains. Because Sage Town is so remote and in a mysterious area, it can still be the place where epic plot points take place. The Pokemon League area is up for speculation.

So that's my idea; questions/comments/different suggestions?

JOE!

Smash Hero
you do realize we can just decide in here, right, Ulti?

also:

WHAT THE **** IS WITH MAKIGN A BUILD FOR A POKEMON WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING ABOUT IT?!

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
So that's my idea; questions/comments/different suggestions?​

Personally I think the forest in the middle should be less concentrated right slap-bang in the middle. Maybe extend it up north-east past that road passing Cilantro City?

And the lake looks VERY big for taking up a sizeable portion of the continent like that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, flyinfilipino, I think you've missed the Bug-type Gym. :)

Moozle

Smash Champion
I think that was a mistake. Caraway city (the underground one) is supposed to be the dark gym, if i read correctly. I imagined it where tarragon city is, though. If it goes by Mint Mountain, I think it should be to the left (where it is drawn above).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You totally beat the gym, come back later in the game, then talk to the old gym leader, he unveils a staircase under the gym, and there is ANOTHER gym down there.

TOTALLY.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

Personally I think the forest in the middle should be less concentrated right slap-bang in the middle. Maybe extend it up north-east past that road passing Cilantro City?

And the lake looks VERY big for taking up a sizeable portion of the continent like that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, flyinfilipino, I think you've missed the Bug-type Gym. :)
I'll be moving the forest around, then. You're right, now that I think about it, the lake is huge. :dizzy:

What Gym should be ditched for the Bug Type Gym?

I am just as confused as Kenji is...

-Terywj
My bad, the Dark Gym is in Caraway City. I'll fix it.

EDIT: Moozle's got it. And Ulti, that's EPIC!

What's a good name for the Ground Type Gym's City? I had Basil, Savory, Rosemary, and Cinnamon left over.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
What Gym should be ditched for the Bug Type Gym?
Grass, easily; it isn't one of the original 5, and the forest setting, which is also the setting for our epic bug legendary, supposedly, fits perfectly with the Bug-type.

What's a good name for the Ground Type Gym's City? I had Basil, Savory, Rosemary, and Cinnamon left over.
Uhhh... I'd probably say none of them. :laugh: I really liked Cayenne for Ground, but I understand why you put it for Fire (now that I did some research lololol). But, unless there are any other spices we could use, I'd say Basil would give it the best fit. Not sure why, though. <.>

We'll also need some "filler" towns (like Lavender), where we can probably have some of our story events take place; I'd say one up on the other mountain where the Dragon gym used to be would make sense.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Be more subtle, flyinfilipino. When / if someone plays this game, we don't want them to know that the gyms are named after spices until they think about it, or else it detracts from the game itself. Basil, Savory, and Rosemary fall in the category of "you're trying too hard."

IC3R

Smash Lord
Do you know if we are still going to use the Wyverns?

I think he chose spices because of this:

Kanto - Colors
Johto - Flowers
Hoenn - (no idea)
Sinnoh - Combinations of related words

Top Bottom