• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
if you like playing mediocre games.

Mass Effect series is amazing.

2 is a little bit too short, but still a ****ing fantastic storyline.

Gears 1 best shooter on 360 have to get that too.

Play Marth.
For one, Borderlands was better than mediocre, I think.

Secondly, Gears of War is not good, and not even close to being the best shooter on 360. (Shadowrun)

Scar

#HarveyDent
guys i played isai the other day until 4 in the morning

kid's a beast

i think he had fun so i'm gonna try to get him to go to norcal tournaments

and then THE WORLD

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
scar stop lying

put some friendlies up or it didnt happen =]

seriously tho we havent seen an isai falcon melee falcon match since like...07?

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
guys i played isai the other day until 4 in the morning

kid's a beast

i think he had fun so i'm gonna try to get him to go to norcal tournaments

and then THE WORLD
can you fuse with isai and SS and win a national tourney for us all?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Well, Isai's gonna be the best Falcon again.

YESSSSSS
If Isai comes back and brings falcon into a new golden era, I will write a song with music and lyrics dedicated to his glory.

... I'd better get started. :)

But in all seriousness, with all the hype over jiggs and peach (both which are assumed by most to be noticeably better than falcon these days, while when the latest tier list came out that wasn't the case :/) the falcon mains could really use another champion.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
i predict that in anywhere between 12-18 months there will be 6 falcons capable of consistently getting top 10 or better at national tourneys

5 us falcons and 1 european

Scar

#HarveyDent
Is Isai still 2good??
isaiah is still too good

his cancels are perfect every time, it's really scary

also he just doesn't give a ****, kinda like SS, so i can't see him ever getting nervous and screwing up

on FoD vs me, we were on the right side of the stage, he hits me with a bair, uair, run off knee

nothing too spectacular until you take a closer look

the bair hit me at like 40%, i DI up and in, the plat on the left side is like 30% raised, really low but there

there is NO POINT OF REFERENCE for muscle memory l-canceling to l-cancel that uair

i still to this day cannot do it consistently

and i put the vid in slow mo and watched it like 7 times, bair, perfect reaction, turn run sh uair L-CANCEL on that ****ty stupid platform, perfect dash forward run off fair

then he fastfell after the knee hit and SDd

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ice Climber's chaingrab is brutalllllll....I just roll sticks like crazy to try and break out anymore =(

For Sheik, what should I be looking for the punish? Like shielding grabbing smashes/dash attack and the like, just neat stuff like ooooo crouch cancelling tips or whatever in general just makes the matchup work I guess xP

Marth...ugh...I try to run away and the butt dash attacks me! How do I run away!?

Zelda, I jump and then eh....probably end up getting faired/baired. What are some effective positions to take on this psycho woman? Just grab, uthrow, and hit her with a lot of uairs?

Falcon dittos, should I be trying to outprioritize nair approaches with upwards tilted ftilt? I heard it works, but I dunno if it's exactly practical to do =/

Vs. Roy, from my observations...hitting him from above seems pretty legit, is this true? I mean...his aerials don't kill lol, although they can lead to combos...any tips on this matchup?

I miss techs like crazy, but I don't think you guys can give advice for that...maybe...I mean, I am doing an aerial and trying to L-cancel it, then I get hit and then I already pressed R so I can't tech and then I eat combos ;_;

Also, tech chasing seems so much easier when I wavedash first...I heard SS does it like that?

Kind of a sporadic post and I apologize, but I've been through hell trying to get to a tourney today and ending up failing in the process =(

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I miss techs like crazy, but I don't think you guys can give advice for that...maybe...I mean, I am doing an aerial and trying to L-cancel it, then I get hit and then I already pressed R so I can't tech and then I eat combos ;_;
Don't hit L all the way down, just nudge it for L-cancels.

The only setback is that you no longer get cool accidental techs.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Marth...ugh...I try to run away and the butt dash attacks me! How do I run away!?
Maybe you are getting to close? You can shield on the run, so if he's going to do that you can shield, then maybe a bair or dair oos. Or even better, turn shield and get nair/knee or depending on spacing sheildgrab. You don't want to approach him most of the time anyway, and you do have the better Dash Dance...

I find your sig rather humorous.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
isaiah is still too good

his cancels are perfect every time, it's really scary

also he just doesn't give a ****, kinda like SS, so i can't see him ever getting nervous and screwing up

on FoD vs me, we were on the right side of the stage, he hits me with a bair, uair, run off knee

nothing too spectacular until you take a closer look

the bair hit me at like 40%, i DI up and in, the plat on the left side is like 30% raised, really low but there

there is NO POINT OF REFERENCE for muscle memory l-canceling to l-cancel that uair

i still to this day cannot do it consistently

and i put the vid in slow mo and watched it like 7 times, bair, perfect reaction, turn run sh uair L-CANCEL on that ****ty stupid platform, perfect dash forward run off fair

then he fastfell after the knee hit and SDd
This is partly why Isai is awesome

Also i just found out today on FoD: if you usmash under a platform while it's pretty low, the first kick is normal and then you TELEPORT TO THE TOP OF THE PLATFORM and the second kick comes out. I don't think it would be too useful, since it has to be so low that they could hit you from it.. but it looks pretty cool. It happens 'cause he kinda curls up in between the kicks and is above the platform.

Also Crotch cancel eliminates roy as a character
crotch cancel

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, how often do you guys use shield to stop your running animation/momentum? I've been noticing Falcons doing this a lot lately, and I feel so dumb for not doing it up until now xD I'm thinking it could also be used as a mindgame on like a dthrow on a spacy where you run up to wherever the tech'd, shield in front of them off your run and then...well...Falcon magic happens I guess =P Am I on to something or am I just spitting out nonsense!? Running on E right about now zzzzz.....

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea thats something no one really talks about but i think most of us do it

its good for like you said, dthrow a spacy if they miss the tech you run up and shield, most likely theyll get up attack and you can get a shield grab

thats basically it

and well for running up to a falco thats lasering

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Also i just found out today on FoD: if you usmash under a platform while it's pretty low, the first kick is normal and then you TELEPORT TO THE TOP OF THE PLATFORM and the second kick comes out. I don't think it would be too useful, since it has to be so low that they could hit you from it.. but it looks pretty cool. It happens 'cause he kinda curls up in between the kicks and is above the platform.
This is new? <.<

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the running sheild thing is also a great way to get right up in someone's face relatively unscathed.

lets face it, who sees a charging opponent and thinks "im going to grab him"?

most people try to attack in which case you just (power)sheild and punish accordingly. and if they took evasive maneuvers then go get em.

Scar

#HarveyDent
ya isai beat me like 10% of the time

i killed him all 4 stocks maybe 5% lol

im pretty sure if he didn't SD his sheik would beat me every time

except he has no interest in winning in melee so he prob doesn't care.

Top Bottom