• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
*Rainy Bridge of Eldin (version 1 (expect version 2 soon))
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f265fd8f7505a2710f83d91f6dff7c38b099d5551d9c55e2b878de785cc0f59e
This texture was pretty simple, but it came out good, and I think it's my best texture so far. *I hope you like it.
pix
Thanks to Calamitas, just because I used his night time bridge of eldin as a blueprint.

KC:MM thread
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=3465.0
Wow, I love it! In fact, I like it better than the regular Bridge Of Eldin. Also, by sheer luck when I was testing it the song Midna's Lament played. How fitting.

Mit

Smash Ace
i can take a look and see what i can do.
Any word from this? Did you try messing with it?

For people wondering, I pointed out that "Icy Battlefield" (a great texture/background replacement for Battlefield, not actual ice ground) had a background that wasn't quite wide enough for offstage-fighting, so black screen would cut into view during gameplay.

Was wondering if anyone could inform me of how to move the background of a stage over, or stretch it, or something, to fix it up. Would I use BrawlWall? BrawlBox? I don't know...

Here's the stage download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yxlirzxyi0w

I did have another question, too. Does anyone know if it's possible to replace lighting models on Yoshi's Island? Yoshi's Island's SceneData seems to contain multiple files for lighting the different seasons within the stage. I tried replacing the whole thing with Shadow Moses, only to have the game freeze up on me when I tried loading it.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009

For people wondering, I pointed out that "Icy Battlefield" (a great texture/background replacement for Battlefield, not actual ice ground) had a background that wasn't quite wide enough for offstage-fighting, so black screen would cut into view during gameplay.

Was wondering if anyone could inform me of how to move the background of a stage over, or stretch it, or something, to fix it up. Would I use BrawlWall? BrawlBox? I don't know...

I did have another question, too. Does anyone know if it's possible to replace lighting models on Yoshi's Island? Yoshi's Island's SceneData seems to contain multiple files for lighting the different seasons within the stage. I tried replacing the whole thing with Shadow Moses, only to have the game freeze up on me when I tried loading it.
To move the background you must use brawlbox, brawlwall is only for colission

You must open the modeldata[1] and create a new character animation, then enter into the 3DModels(NW4R) folder and move down the enkei model (place it in second or third place instead of first place, because models in the first place usually aren't affected by animations), preview it, select the 'enkei' bone, and select the animation you created (NewNode01). With the bone and the NewNode01 animation selected, go to scale X, scale Y and scale Z, and scale the sky. Try 1.3 or something like that, I don't know how much little the sky is.

Save the file and try it in your wii. When done, just upload the fixed version xD

About the lights in yoshi's, I've not tried a thing in that stage yet, but just try to replace each light, and not the whole scenedata.

Cyberman6

Smash Apprentice
Mr. Chuy, I was wondering if you could add something to the next version of your Stormy Destination that you had in this version right here:

The lighting at the beginning was very good and I just thought maybe it's something that should be brought back into a future version because I was impressed with it.

THanks.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
i have one without the slippyness just let me find it
*Referring to Snowy Battlefield*

Are you still gonna put it up for download, the stage is awesome, just the slipperiness makes me not want to play on it lol

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

oh, woops. sorry, i got caught up with school and forgot to look at it. i can do it today, though. i should have some time before i have to study for physics where i can adjust it.

edit: try this one http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2ndkmmyy4f5

Mit

Smash Ace
To move the background you must use brawlbox, brawlwall is only for colission

You must open the modeldata[1] and create a new character animation, then enter into the 3DModels(NW4R) folder and move down the enkei model (place it in second or third place instead of first place, because models in the first place usually aren't affected by animations), preview it, select the 'enkei' bone, and select the animation you created (NewNode01). With the bone and the NewNode01 animation selected, go to scale X, scale Y and scale Z, and scale the sky. Try 1.3 or something like that, I don't know how much little the sky is.

Save the file and try it in your wii. When done, just upload the fixed version xD

About the lights in yoshi's, I've not tried a thing in that stage yet, but just try to replace each light, and not the whole scenedata.
Wow thanks! This method seems to have worked wonderfully. Thanks for the effort as well FrozenHobo.

One issue though, is it just an unavoidable side-effect when scaling things that the edges get funky? When the mountain layer of the background gets scaled, the edges of the mountains get funky and have some thin, darker lines that appear on them. I tried scaling to many different sizes and they always appear. I even took a look at the texture to make sure there weren't some dark lines getting blown up in the scale, and there were none :\

Any suggestions? Perhaps manually resize the texture and change the size of that as well or something? I don't know @_@

And on Yoshi's Island, I tried replacing lighting stuff within the SceneData and it didn't go too well. I took lights from one season and tried placing them in the other, and was getting all sorts of errors when replacing them, and then the stage froze on me when I tried it.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i didn't resize the texture, i just moved it. resizing will give you odd results depending on what is actually being stretched.

Mit

Smash Ace
i didn't resize the texture, i just moved it. resizing will give you odd results depending on what is actually being stretched.
Ah, I learned how to do that now as well. Yours must have not been moved over quite enough. I think the reason why I'm seeing this and others might not be is because I play widescreen as well D: (which expands the camera a bit more). Perhaps I'll experiment with just moving it. Hopefully black screen doesn't start showing on the left before I reach where I want to be on the right...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
if thats the case then if you do attempt to resize it you should edit only the X/Y to increase the size. Z determines how close it is to the screen, so you should stay away from that unless you want to move it back.

Mit

Smash Ace
Yeah I discovered that earlier when trying to resize it @_@ Too bad you can't move it closer, though...

In any case, just moving it to the right worked. Moved it over by like 1200 :p Still looks fine on both edges. So thanks for the help everyone! I suppose I'll upload it as well.

Icy Battlefield (platforms with fixed background):

http://www.mediafire.com/?kyuy0ulzrwj

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
lol, you moved it 150 more than i did. i really can't believe the amount was that small that you could still see the side...

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
One issue though, is it just an unavoidable side-effect when scaling things that the edges get funky? When the mountain layer of the background gets scaled, the edges of the mountains get funky and have some thin, darker lines that appear on them. I tried scaling to many different sizes and they always appear. I even took a look at the texture to make sure there weren't some dark lines getting blown up in the scale, and there were none :\

Any suggestions? Perhaps manually resize the texture and change the size of that as well or something? I don't know @_@
I have played a little the stage (without the fix) and I've only seen the black edges on the mountains, and the size is the original

And I've not seen the black part because of which you had to resize/move the background O.o

When I see it, I'll download the fix xD

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Awesome stage, I've fixed a little some of those bugs, now pokemon trainer should be fine in this (not tested)

Keep up the good work ^^

http://rapidshare.com/files/351283824/STGDXSHRINE.PAC.html
i want to get the fix but i get this

"This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information."

can you pick a different host please

Isaac!

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to import stages directly from SSE? I was thinking about making that very fist stage you play on in the SSE overlap a stage, but I don't know how.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Mr. Chuy, I was wondering if you could add something to the next version of your Stormy Destination that you had in this version right here:

PICTURE/img]

The lighting at the beginning was very good and I just thought maybe it's something that should be brought back into a future version because I was impressed with it.

THanks.[/QUOTE]I'll have to go through the SSE stage files again then
I might add it back through
[quote="Akuma2120, post: 9593066"]*Referring to Snowy Battlefield*

Are you still gonna put it up for download, the stage is awesome, just the slipperiness makes me not want to play on it lol[/QUOTE]
Oh oops i forgot about that thanks for reminding me

I'll put the stage selection up for download in a few let me put finishing touches to it
EDIT:where does the the sc_selmap_en pac go?

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
Like I reeeeally like the luigis kitchen idea and I didnt even really like that game. I think it should still be completed and that the bugs should be patiently gotten rid of.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
i want to get the fix but i get this

"This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information."

can you pick a different host please
Sorry, I used that link when I was outta home, and didn't think about the limit matter

I'm uploading it to mediafire now

Mit

Smash Ace
I have played a little the stage (without the fix) and I've only seen the black edges on the mountains, and the size is the original

And I've not seen the black part because of which you had to resize/move the background O.o

When I see it, I'll download the fix xD
Yeah, I noticed they still appear a bit in the original. It was a lot worse when I scaled it though.

And yeah, I have a feeling it's only visible when playing widescreen. All you have to do is jump like 10 feet off the stage to the right and a large portion of black screen becomes visible :p

Also, now that I know how to do this, I can fix that Battlefield-esque SSE stage that has the reversed platforms (one low in middle, two high on ends). I think it's called Grasslands. The ceiling of the background wasn't high enough and often black screens comes in from the top when I play on it.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I actually have a request/suggestion for you guys(the pros of stage hacking) might be a bit challenging but do you guys think you could make it to where you can grab the right side of the stage on Frigate Orpheon? the only reason I ask is because I think it is a little retarted that only the left ledge can be grabbed on to in the begining. or could you make the ceiling only playable on that stage no offense but having one side to be able to grab a ledge is pretty dumb.

again its only a request/suggestion but I think in the long run it would make the stage viable for B+ and BB for tourney play.
not here, dude.

Cyberman6

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to go through the SSE stage files again then
I might add it back through

Oh oops i forgot about that thanks for reminding me

I'll put the stage selection up for download in a few let me put finishing touches to it
EDIT:where does the the sc_selmap_en pac go?
Please do. :)

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I'm trying this now (with Katakiri's textures in kc-mm)

Melee final destination ^^U

Top Bottom