• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Cool beans! Bullet Punch? ;)
Lololol, I know it doesn't really need it, but it was lacking in Steel STAB so I thought I'd give it a more reliable option. It doesn't make much sense aesthetically, but meh.

I don't want the word "Double" in it though...if possible.
Wait, do you WANT Double in it or not? I know you seem quite clear at face value, but the wording suggests you meant the opposite.

If you did and don't mind synonyms, Dual Strike seems like it would fit.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Shadow Strike! I'm obsessed with shadows, lol.

Maybe it's about time we take stock of all the Pokemon that've been posted and maybe arrange them in Dex order? Possibly associate locations with them?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Ah, sorry Tery.

And I'll probably go back and make a list of the Pokemon I've made thus far, both for the tally and for my own reference.

Also, zomg moar Pokeman. :o I'm still working on the sprite, and I've got something I need to do now, so I'll post it sometime later today maybe.

Fyunizzard
(FYOO-nih-zard)
The Crooked Pokemon
No Evolutionary Line
Ghost/Flying

Length: 1.4m
Width: 63lbs

Fyunizzard is a vulture-like Pokemon. Its bald head has an excess amount of skin, which hangs down over the Pokemon’s head, obscuring everything except for its protruding beak behind a veil of white. Its wings diverge into strips of a cloth-like material, giving the image that Fyunizzard is carrying a shawl. It hunches its back and folds its wings in front of it body, hiding its front from view. It has a 6 pronged tail, each feather in the shape of an elongated diamond.

Pokedex Entry: “It is often found around the corpses of small creatures, performing some sort of ritual. No one knows whether the ritual is for the good of Fyunizzard or for the deceased.”

Stats

HP: 87
ATK: 108
DEF: 65
SPATK: 108
SPDEF: 65
SPD: 87
TOTAL: 520

Abilities

Scavenger (New ability. When a Pokemon with this ability causes an opponent’s Pokemon to faint by using a damaging move, it gains 1/4th of its total HP)

Moves

-: Peck
-: Spite
7: Confuse Ray
13: Wing Attack
18: Ominous Wind
25: Steel Wing
29: Nasty Plot
33: Grudge
37: Air Slash
41: Destiny Bond
46: Shadow Ball
52: Memento
59: Brave Bird
66: Spirit Blast (Signature move. The user attacks with the energy of the spirits. The more fainted Pokemon the opponent has, the more powerful this attack becomes. Ghost, Physical, 50 BP, 5 PP, 90% Accuracy, 1 Target. Base Power increases by 20 for each of the opponent’s Pokemon that has fainted (max 150 BP total).

TMs & HMs

TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM27 - Return
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM47 - Steel Wing
TM51 - Roost
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM58 - Endure
TM61 - Will-o-Wisp
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM89 - U-Turn
TM90 - Substitute
TM92 - Trick Room

HM02 - Fly

Egg Moves (Flying)

Double-Edge
Faint Attack
Featherdance
Foresight
Perish Song
Pursuit
Sucker Punch
Whirlwind
Wing Attack

Move Tutor

Air Cutter
Icy Wind
Last Resort
Ominous Wind
Spite
Sucker Punch
Swift
Trick
Pain Split
Sky Attack
Tailwind

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Sweeet Pokemon, Sir Bedevere. Yay more ghosts! The name's a little awkward, IMO, but I see what words you combined. I love the concept and the ability and signature move are great. Scavenger is sort of the opposite of Aftermath, and Spirit Blast is sort of the opposite of Beat Up (it's special, right?). Can't wait to see what it looks like! Too bad we didn't like the idea of a Ghost gym, because this would be perfect for one.

@Tery: I think it's a combination of "funeral" and "buzzard".

IC3R

Smash Lord
[NAME SUGGESTIONS WELCOME] (For both Rogunin and Dark Matter)

Rogunin
Type: Dark / Fighting
Ability: Technician / Quick Feet
HP - 92
Atk - 120
Def - 80
Sp Atk - 40
Sp Def - 80
Spd - 128

[stuff]

-Terywj
But but...Hummonsoku?

Also, I like how you gave it 1 more base Speed than Skymin :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I didn't know they had the exact same abilities. It never came to mind since birds don't typically run on...their...feet. Heck they barely run at all.

And I don't play Ubers. I don't know a thing besides Mewtwo's epic base Sp Atk stat.

-Terywj

IC3R

Smash Lord
Hmm......perhaps I need to change mine up then >___> Keeping Technician though.

I just took a look at that buzzard Pokemon, and I am totally seeing a Scarfed late-game sweeper. Spamming Spirit Blast to no end, with it increasing in power with each fainted foe...

Beast ;)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
No no! I'm not saying you have to change it, I was just stating why it never occured to me that those two abilities were the same as Hummonsoku's.

-Terywj

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
@Tery: I think it's a combination of "funeral" and "buzzard".
Indeed it is. :p
Scavenger is sort of the opposite of Aftermath, and Spirit Blast is sort of the opposite of Beat Up (it's special, right?).
You're basically right on Aftermath (the only difference being that Scavenger isn't affected by the kind of attack, whereas Aftermath only works on physical attacks...though I'm considering altering this), but I originally based Spirit Blast on Eruption/Water Spout, but in reverse; the Base Power starts off low, then increases when certain conditions are met, whereas with Eruption/Water Spout, it starts high and decreases with certain conditions (hence the max 150 BP). But now that I think of it, Beat Up mirrors it pretty well as well lol.

And it's actually physical, since I wanted to make Funezzard's attacking options in balance (for special, he can Nasty Plot and sweep if given a chance, and for physical, he can stay hidden until lategame and then sweep with Spirit Blast while the opponent's Pokes are down).

Hm...Vultave? Vulture+grave?

-Terywj
I'm kind of set on using buzzard in the name, though. :laugh: I'm not sure why, but if I wasn't, I'd totally use that.

I'm not sure what to do with the name now, though.

Occulture, Vulcher, Sepulture, Sevulture, Devulture, Catharture, eh, whatever. It's still a cool Pokemon.
Dur hur, even more vultures. XD Occulture is another one I really like.

BUT NEEDZ MOAR BUZZARD

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I know there's already a hummingbird Pokemon, but I've had this idea for a long time now and I want to get it off my chest.

Zippum (needs better name)

Evolves into Shockum at LV30
Type: Electric / Flying
Ability: Volt Absorb / Speed Boost

HP: 45
Atk: 45
Def: 45
Sp Atk: 70
Sp Def: 80
Spd: 75
BST: 360

Class: Electricity Pokemon
Length: 1'0''
Weight: 10 lbs.
Colors: I don't even know. I would say yellow and black, but that's so cliche.
Pokedex Entries:
- It flaps its wings extremely rapidly to generate electricity. It can hover in place and fly backwards.
- It feeds on electricity from power lines and generators. It is considered a pest in some urban areas.

Level Up Moves:

- Thundershock
- Supersonic
5 Absorb
9 Charge
13 Air Cutter
17 Sonicboom
21 Spark
25 Double Team
31 Discharge
35 Baton Pass
39 Air Slash
44 Agility
50 Zap Cannon

TM/HM Moves:

Toxic
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Giga Drain
Safeguard
Frustration
Solarbeam
Thunderbolt
Thunder

Return
Double Team
Reflect
Shock Wave
Aerial Ace
Secret Power
Rest
Attract
Thief
Steel Wing
Roost
Energy Ball
Charge Beam
Endure
Silver Wind
Flash
Thunder Wave
Captivate
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Poison Jab
Swagger
Pluck
Substitute
U-Turn
Flash Cannon

Move Tutor Moves:

Air Cutter
Icy Wind
Ominous Wind
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Magnet Rise
Swift
Uproar
Endeavor
Heat Wave
Mud-Slap
Signal Beam
Twister

Egg Moves (Flying Egg Group):

Gust
Drill Peck

Featherdance
Quick Attack
Mirror Move
Tailwind
Uproar
Charm
Baton Pass
Acupressure

Shockum (needs better name)

Evolves from Zippum at LV30
Type: Electric / Flying
Ability: Volt Absorb / Speed Boost

HP: 75
Atk: 70
Def: 75
Sp Atk: 105
Sp Def: 110
Spd: 95
BST: 530

Length: 2'6"
Weight: 25 lbs.
Pokedex Entries:
- It no longer needs to flap its wings rapidly to hover. Its modified feathers create an electrical field that hold it up in the air.
- It stores high amounts of electricity in its feathers. One Shockum could power a two-story home for two days.

Level Up Moves:

- Shock Wave
- Charge Beam
- Thundershock
- Supersonic
- Absorb
- Charge
16 Air Cutter
21 Sonicboom
25 Spark
29 Double Team
34 Discharge
37 Baton Pass
43 Air Slash
48 Agility
55 Zap Cannon

TM/HM Moves:

Toxic
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Hyper Beam
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Giga Drain
Safeguard
Frustration
Solarbeam
Thunderbolt
Thunder

Return
Double Team
Reflect
Shock Wave
Aerial Ace
Secret Power
Rest
Attract
Thief
Steel Wing
Roost
Energy Ball
Charge Beam
Endure
Silver Wind
Giga Impact
Flash
Thunder Wave
Captivate
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Poison Jab
Swagger
Pluck
Substitute
U-Turn
Flash Cannon
Fly

Move Tutor Moves:

Air Cutter
Icy Wind
Ominous Wind
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Magnet Rise
Swift
Uproar
Endeavor
Heat Wave
Mud-Slap
Signal Beam
Twister

Egg Moves (Flying Egg Group):

Gust
Drill Peck

Featherdance
Quick Attack
Mirror Move
Tailwind
Uproar
Charm
Baton Pass
Acupressure

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Length: 1'0''
Weight: 10 lbs.
Pokedex Entries:
- Its abdomen is filled with various flammable gases. In addition to its powerful jaws, it shoots flames from its mouth to dig tunnels and defend its nest.
- A resilient Pokemon, it lives in large colonies underground or in mounds. It uses its flaming antennae to light the way in dark tunnels.
lolololol

Your edit did not escape me.

Those plug-looking legs look awesome. :O Its stats and typing reminds me of Zapdos.

Also, Fyunizzard's sprite (blahhhh, I'm still stuck on my original name) is done. It didn't turn out quite how I liked it; after transferring it from paint to GIMP, the image got all fuzzy, and when I tried to cut out the background, it left a lot of the background colour around the sprite. So what I did was I coloured the leftover background purple to give Fyunizzard a more ghostly effect. That wasn't what I originally planned, and I can't say that I like it, but it's better than no sprite at all.

Also, I can't draw feet for ****.

I'll probably just make the sprite in GIMP from the get-go from now on.

And here's the list of Pokemon I've contributed thus far (except for the Milli/Centipedes, because they suck and aren't finished):

Zongera
Imiguise
Aquick>Aquemu>Aquastrech
Kanquash>Pumpyre
Squimata>Squanite
Fyunizzard

My Pokemon are too physical-based. >.> I'll have to make a special-based Pokemon...

...right after that Vigoroth evolution.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
lolololol

Your edit did not escape me.

Those plug-looking legs look awesome. :O Its stats and typing reminds me of Zapdos.

Also, I can't draw feet for ****.

:urg:

Yeah, I don't know how I left Thermite's Pokedex entries on there. I replaced it in less than a minute >.>

Yeah, there's an inevitable comparison to the other Electric/Flying type out there. I guess this guy's weaker and (potentially) slower, but with more Sp. Def. (They're both based around lightbulbs, and the final form has some elements of the Nazca lines added in.

Also, the sprite looks cool! The ghostly effect works. It also looks like a creeper. :bee:

I like Ohmum for second stage.

-Terywj
I'm starting to warm up to the name too. Ohmum for second stage; Shockum or Zippum for first stage?

Tamboo
Samboo
Gloguide
Delfin
Squalfin
Weedzy
Kelpent
Thermite
Extermite
Spectreon
Shockum/Zippum
Ohmum
(Rotom Hammer/Blend/Flush Formes)

That's all I've contributed so far. Lots of special-based Pokemon. I think I'll join the club and make a Dark Pokemon next. Start thinking of where in the region we might want our Pokemon to be located in!

Moozle

Smash Champion
Nice sprite! I feel like it would be a bit more fitting if the purple stuff under the wings was a bit darker. I was having a bit of trouble imagining the vulture, but you did a great job drawing it :)

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Nice sprite! I feel like it would be a bit more fitting if the purple stuff under the wings was a bit darker. I was having a bit of trouble imagining the vulture, but you did a great job drawing it :)

Do you mean like this? Actually, one of my main concerns when I was making his wings were whether they seemed too "flimsy" or not, but this clears up the problem, if there was one.

And thanks for all the compliments so far guys. :)

JOE!

Smash Hero
crap, we still need the fire starter settled, seeing as Tuskorch was moved away from starter status

Also:

Mixing the pseudo with the fossil, y/n?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Mixing the pseudo wth the fossil would be a cool idea. We just need a cool idea for it now.

And yeah, we've been kind of ignoring our starters. They should be setting the stage!

P.S. - What does everyone think of LEMURS?

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord
Psysecto
Bug/Psychic

Abilities: Tinted Lens / Compoundeyes

HP: 70
Atk: 50
Def: 70
S.Atk: 115
S.Def: 70
Spe: 120
BST= 495

Level Up Moves:
-- Leech Life
-- Confusion
9. Pin Missile
14. Psywave
23. Extrasensory
28. Mirror Coat
37. Psybeam
42. Signal Beam
51. Psychic
56. Bug Buzz

TMs:
TM04 Calm Mind
TM10 Hidden Power
TM09 Bullet Seed
TM12 Taunt
TM13 Ice Beam
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM19 Giga Drain
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM27 Return
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM35 Flamethrower
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM48 Skill Swap
TM49 Snatch
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM61 Will-o-Wisp
TM62 Silver Wind
TM67 Recycle
TM68 Giga Impact
TM70 Flash
TM77 Psych Up
TM81 Captivate
TM83 Natural Gift
TM85 Dream Eater
TM89 U-turn

Why must I always come up with very weak typings? Anyways, this thing is weak to alot of stuff Fire, Rock, Dark, Ghost, Bug, and Flying. So I decided to give it some nice stats and an awesome ability to compensate (Tinted Lens). I fear that this thing might be too strong, but any priority or Super Effective attack should down it.

Top Bottom