• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

MBlaze

Smash Champion
It was there before, and always has been:

If you'll recall, that's the image you posted, and even without zooming in you can see it.

Yes. Blast zones and all of that remain the same from the original person who edited the stage. The stage just has new textures, a snow effect, and a new background, which is apparently enough to mess with things to the point of desynching.
I use Stormy Destination and it didn't desynch... some strange shizz yo. lol

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone tell me how to add snow to a stage? I can really use it for this stage hack im almost done with

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
look through the mediafire archive for STGMETALGEAR and look for snow in one of the .brres files
there is 2. one is snowing harder than the other. you also need to import the textures that are called snow02 or snow03 depending on which model you wish to use. I suppose you could try putting both in to make it look really snowy.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
All right, hate to bring this stage up again, but I want it to be perfect! D:

Talking about Icy Battlefield. I ended up scaling the background up. It turns out certain camera angles were still availabe that allowed you to see the edge of the stage on both sides.

Anyhow, now I'm wondering about this:

It bugs me. More and more every time I play it :\

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I don't know if it's a texture or what. I'm talking about the little, half transparent polygon wall poking out of the stage platforms. I isolated what polygon it was in BrawlBox, but have no idea what I can do with it to be rid of it (I only know how to edit the entire group of models, and not just singular polygons... if that's even possible).
Is the floor using Ice effect?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Question: How do I make a .rel file compatible with the stage roster expansion system?

I want to use a moving stage's rel so I can have a moving stage.

Like Rumble Falls or MK1 and 2, or Rainbow Cruise.

I need the camera and stage to move for the stage I'm working. If someone gets me an answer, I can maybe also start Poke Floats.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
That probably has to do with it having an entirely different background, and having many of the pre-existing background elements moved VERY far away so that they don't appear in the way of the newly inserted background. It's not just a texture hack for Battlefield.

Also, I tried deleting that polygon with the automatic polygon deleter, no dice :\ The mdl0 that the program creates for me just crashes BrawlBox whenever I try to preview it.
No. I've played with Dant's ASL code on Wifi before and the three people I play with usually get different textures than I do(with background swaps and all). It has nothing to do with that. I'm going to assume that he's either using the slippery version or that collision is somehow different. Visuals never affect wifi. Even using Ridley Destination/Realm of Falcon online while everyone else plays on the original FD will not cause desynchs.

And to Eternal Yoshi, libertyernie posted a short guide that told how to edit rel. files to use for Roster expansion. Although even without that, you can still make your stage from Rumble Falls/Mushroomy Kingdom.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
If Pokemon freeze when they spawn, it means you need to place your spawn points on the ground instead of in the air.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
thats awesome plasmakirby. I hated that stage before, and now its much more fun

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
It was there before, and always has been:

If you'll recall, that's the image you posted, and even without zooming in you can see it.
i notice in that image that it wasn't going over the edge of the stage. that element is probably connected to the background in some way, so when you stretched in on the x axis you inadvertently stretched it too.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
export the whole .bres file and right click on a useless model, and click replace. then import the texture in the texture file.

6. *Snowy Bridge of Eldin version 1
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gz42zhmubuu/STGOLDINsnowy1.pac

the snow model isn't as big as the rain model. it ends right at the bridge. but thats fine.

Whats this? its a sunset!!! kinda xD
*the stage turns a purple hue

maybe a little too purple xD, but thats why there are 2 versions

after the sun sets, the stage becomes darker. night

5.5. *Snowy Bridge of Eldin version 2
http://www.mediafire.com/?myymknugzwe

different lighting, looks a little more realistic. the only problem is there are shades of different color spots in the snow that you can see from an overhead view.

I will most likely update these snowy Bridge of Eldin textures, because there is a little glitch where the edge of the cliff into the river flickers a little bit, and I hate that stupid purple sky, even though you can only really see it when paused. *we will see. *I hope you enjoy this one!

5. *Rainy Bridge of Eldin (version 1.5 (version 2? maybe) sorry to everyone who downloaded the first one
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1oxminjz2jg/STGOLDINfin.pac
This texture was pretty simple, but it came out good, and I think it's my best texture so far. *I hope you like it. * FIXED!!! no longer has those light rays in the backround. *Calamitas fixed it for me, so a huge thanks to him. I also changed the color of the subspace portal.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=3465.0 my kc:mm thread

Mit

Smash Ace
i notice in that image that it wasn't going over the edge of the stage. that element is probably connected to the background in some way, so when you stretched in on the x axis you inadvertently stretched it too.
-.-

What about that is going over the edge of the stage? It sticks out above and below. Just like in the original picture, just like in the original stage file. Do I need to take a picture of that one as well?

In response to someone's question, no the stage is not using an ice effect, atleast as far as collisions go. I don't know if what I'm seeing is the result of some visual ice effect or not.

As far as the desynchs go, if it's got nothing to do with the background then it might have to do with the stage originally having no platforms, and FrozenHobo adding them back in, although I would assume the way he added them in would make them the same as before, but eh, who knows.

Also, top tier stuff from NO@H.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yeah, the platforms are the same as regular BF (i took the data from the original BF pac, so they should be, anyway). as for that weird block, you didn't mention it until you stretched the background, so i assumed it only showed up after you did that edit.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I sound so noob, but I still dont understand, I already exported the snow texture but I dont know where to go from there

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
I imported it (Snow02) and there was no snow, I tried leaving it as it was AND renaming it Snow02 but it still doesnt work

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Btw Mr. Chuy, that was I on Cyberman's account talking about the lighting, I was at his crib at the time lol. But yeah can't wait for it. :o

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean (I dont really know how to do that)
open snakes stage and go to .bres file #31, right cilck, export. right click the .bres file you wish to replace, and replace. have the texture named snow02.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Wheres .bres file #31? and where are the bres files' locations because im getting snow on an SSE stage

what im making is an Ice cliff and all I need is snow (then I will release it) but I dont know where the model files are for snakes' snow and I dont know where bres files' directory is (i.e. Model Data [1] or something)
to replace the snow model with. (I know this is getting annoying but this is my first stage hack)

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I'm trying this now (with Katakiri's textures in kc-mm)

Melee final destination ^^U

lol I wish you guys would tell me before you mess with my stages. (Not complaining though ;P)

I heard someone was trying to put a fountain on my Fountain of Dreams. I want it when it's done. :)

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
I heard someone was trying to put a fountain on my Fountain of Dreams. I want it when it's done. :)
be sure to tell me about it lol. anyway, whipped up a new stage i've wanted for a long time

Galactic Base

http://www.mediafire.com/?itjzllzykxw
someone mind making stormy version of this?

If MK doesn't see it, the post where i put everything iz on page 33

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

Mit

Smash Ace
yeah, the platforms are the same as regular BF (i took the data from the original BF pac, so they should be, anyway). as for that weird block, you didn't mention it until you stretched the background, so i assumed it only showed up after you did that edit.
Ah, a simple misconception, sorry if I snapped a bit.

In any case, I'm wondering if this has to do with the edited textures and am going to check them out (perhaps replace them with the old texture temporarily). Perhaps a bit of white bled into where it shouldn't.

primalmario

Smash Rookie
Can Someone Give Me the .rel file that will allow me to fight on More than one Bridge of eldin.

(Can it replace summit for me?)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Why do you want more than one Bridge of Eldin? If its for multiple textures, then use Dantarion's ASL code.

Top Bottom