• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That Ain't Falco-Feb. 20- Auburn University

DRK

Smash Rookie
Since I'm done, I'm going to go ahead and post shoutouts.

Ryker: I had a ton of fun teaming with you. Get in touch with me next time you're in Auburn.
M3TROID & Wulfy: Thanks for hosting, pools were fun.
DooSH: You got screwed with all of your de-syncs. That sucked.

More to come if needed.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
****, I left my headset. Dammit. It's in Sleepy's laptop I think. Can someone hold it for me til I see them again?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Melee Results
1: sleepyk ($36.00)
2: fullmetal ($18.00)
3: dogy samich ($6.00)
4: bbq
5: nice1
5: zero gamer

Brawl Doubles Results
1: i'm gonna let you finish...but milk is the greatest beverage of all time () ($132.00)
2: zerosuit and zelda () ($66.00)
3: pick metaknight and press b and you'll win! () ($22.00)
4: lebron and kobe ()
5: we take it from the rear but kampfer<3 we always end up on top_ ()
5: giving up ur mother for lent ()
7: blow my fuse ()
7: affirmative action ()
9: werewatch ()
9: douche, spelled correctly ()
9: coca-cola, cause it works ()

Brawl Singles Results
1: biglou ($198.00)
2: elv8 ($99.00)
3: kismet ($33.00)
4: bill_
5: reflex
5: serin
7: kola
7: dan
9: micaelis
9: munkus
9: zero gamer
9: nice1
13: slam
13: cam
13: albino
13: isaac
17: derp
17: m3troid
17: wulfy
17: spade
17: ryker

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
OHHHHHHH ****TTTT.

**** man. Good **** Lou.

OH MAN GOOD **** ELEV8!!!! TAKING CALVIN OUTTA BRACKETS MAN HOLY ****.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Im proud of you serin and elv8, you guys are like my dedede brothers.
Today I realized, that even though I may get pissed at my character, and that he's not the ****ing greatest *like everyone thinks <____<* that he can be used in tournament with no secondaries and do well.
Regarding whether I am going to pick up mk.....eh I'll still think about it lol.

Shoutouts
Dan- I apologize for not giving you the proper ending to our match, I get kind of frustrated when things like that happen. You're a good player, and I am in no way ashamed for losing to you.

Serin- Lol ok so you don't suck at offline doubles, go figure. We're too good =]

-That's it for now, will write more later-

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
thanks everyone for coming out, y'all made That Ain't Falco! the S***

and there will definitely be a next one

S-S-Sh-Shoutouts:

Wulfy, Alias, Billy we make a great team. We may have fought everyday about how to organize this thing, but it worked out WAY better than I could have hopped

Biglou, Congratulations on winning the big pot...but your totally the mafia

Thank You Thank You SleepyK for the monitor cable + the entertainment of the night LIVESTREAM!!!1

Alias + Munkus definitely have a career ahead of them as competitive commentary

<3 Cam most fun match I've had in forever!

PoPe I see a lot of potential in your G&W we should definitely play more...There is much to learn

All of the the local AU Gamers, especially Iassac, who truly surprised me at how for he got congratz

DAN! It was awesome to see you again! we miss you at Auburn soo much

more here when i get some sleep

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
This was definitely one of the best tournaments I've been to in a long time, if not ever. I'll have the AL vs GA crew battles online sometime either tomorrow (today) or Monday. AL W00T

Shoutouts:
Derp: OMFG who the heck are you?? xD Your Lucario was awesome, and I REALLY didn't see it coming. I need a lot more match-up experience to beat you xD

Munkus and (**** what is the name of the other guy who was commentating): You guys need to be at every tournament live feed commentary booth ever. I couldn't believe how legit you guys sounded, almost likes sportscasters! That was so incredibly funny, I really hope to see (or hear) you two commentate again.

DRK, Cam, and Zap/"Run"/"Doosh": I didn't get to really play any of you at the tournament, but thank you again for housing me last night :) All t'was fun, and I hope I can come down again soon.

Spade: Apparently I need to start playing you more again xD I had no idea what to do against your Marth; I need match-up practice! They were great matches, though.

Biglue (AKA Biglou): Our matches were fun, and thank you for all the advice you gave me. I think I mentioned this, but I remembered halfway through our match that you play P1 frequently, and at that point I knew I was toast x)

Elev8: I'm winning that dollar back next time I see you ;) <3 Diddy dittos

All the TOs: Thank you for hosting such a fun tournament, and I really hope you guys do more soon. I think this is the first tournament I've ever been to that actually had time for crew matches before midnight struck (or for that matter, was done with the singles brackets)! The posters were really cool too; props to whoever set everything up.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Ingulit: Your diddy is so much better. I feel like I was getting ***** in friendlies even though I managed to win a couple of matches. Sorry you didn't get out of pools =(

Spade: Thanks for teaming. We almost beat Dan and Munkus!

Slam: Close matches as usual. Hadn't played you in 8 months so that match had to happen sometime. The Wario looks good man.

Kola: I'm glad I finally got to play you! I thought I knew the Marth matchup pretty well, but I've obviously got to work on my spacing. Nice job in your match with Munkus.

Alias and Munkus: You guys need to go around the country and commentate at every major tournament because y'all are *&^%ing hilarious!!!!

Elev8: 2nd place in a tournament like this is really impressive. The end of that crew match was pretty epic too.

DanGR: I wouldn't feel too bad about that match against Albino. I mean, play to win, right?

Ryker: Good G&W man!!!! I was so nervous facing you. Game and Watch is scaarrry! I had to have like 7 Pika vs G&W matches today.

Zero Gamer: I'm thinking Lucarios and Pikachus shouldn't face each other too much. It's such a campy MU. Good games though.

M3T: You should have won. I just got really lucky.

Billy: Didn't get to play you, but congrats on getting fourth place.

PoPe: Your G&W is getting better all the time. Seriously, you just need to play more and you'll be kicking my *** in no time.

Will (Jigglypuff, ROB Will): You always make me laugh man. I could be mad about losing a match, and you would just turn and say something like "You mad?" and I wouldn't be mad anymore. I was waiting for you to actually throw the chair at Levi though. Lol. Sorry you didn't make it out of pools. I know it was a hard pool.

Will (Jigglypuff, ROB Will): You always make me laugh man. I could be mad about losing a match, and you would just turn and say something like "You mad?" and I wouldn't be mad anymore. I was waiting for you to actually throw the chair at Levi though. Lol. Sorry you didn't make it out of pools. I know it was a hard pool.
Yeah yeah. :D, maybe happy shoutouts when I can see/think.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i had a great time and met a lot of the cool alabama folks i've wanted to meet.
thanks for hosting a great event! shoutoots later

also, a ton of the brawl matches got recorded on ustream with commentary!
not too many had replays saved, so...
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/auburn-smash-tournament

there's too many matches for me to sort through (and i don't play brawl so it's extra confusing) but if you see some matches you want to youtube or something i think i could do that

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Hey here's a good shoutout,

CONGRATULATIONS FOR NOT PISSING ME THE F*** OFF AND GETTING YOUR A** BANNED OFFA SWF PEOPLE, IT WAS FUN.

:laugh:

but yeah, good times, good times.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Well after a good nights rest it's time for shoutouts

Billy, M3T, Wulfy I wouldn't want anyone else to help host a tournament... and against popular belief (just me) I did actually have help

Billy, Now that you see the power of Alabama you will Never go back to Georgia lol

BigLou, Man stop lying you know you the Mafia and if you hit one more shoryuken Imma kill a townsperson

Albino, One day I want to challenge you DDD again... and I WON'T lose, but seriously great game man.

Kola, I have never been ***** with Marth quite like yesterday.... next time we meet definite salt match

Munkus, you are the best commentator ever and I can't wait for the next time I can sit by your side and make jokes about who's playing lol... and remember That Ain't Falco

Elev8, though you totally ***** my Lucas I want a rematch... and I'm glad you were the one to show GA that we tha best

SleepyK = master of Melee and I am glad to be your apprentice

Cam, I'm sorry I couldn't do well in the tournament so that everyone could see that Pikachu is truly S tier lol but come Monday it's right back to training.

Issac, even though your not on smashboards you did amazing and I am not mad that I lost to you...you made AU proud.

Ryker... loved taking your dollars can't wait for the next money match :)

Dan and Madison group...it was great seeing you guys again and I can't wait to brawl with you next time.

To all other who I have failed to mention...It was great having you guys in Auburn and that we are gonna start planning the next tournament today and next time you come to these parts of the great state of Alabama just know that Alias will be waiting :laugh:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Great tournement guys, not as many entrants as promised but it doesn't matter because the overall event was so ******.

Shoutouts~
*Pools*

DanGR- Had a great time in our set dude. The matches were too intense for something that wasn't in a bracket lol. Thanks for playing Friendlies with me to help me learn some matchups.

Munkus Beaver- So for the past year I've never played you, but during this season I've had you in 5 competitive sets lol. Nice job beating me in pools, If I didn't know better I'd say we're REALLY even against each other and just a few mistakes sets the match for either side. It's crazy lol. Oh and congrats on beating Dan bro!

Micaelis-First of all, I'd like to aplogize during my rage after our intense pools match. xD I was stressing like a mofo at the last stock. Ok so I'm going to agree with you, DK vs Marth has to be one of the funnest matchups I've ever played. Nice meeting you and playing that uber tough DK. Hope to do again sometime.

TurtL- Nice meeting you dude. Really close set, I'm super shocked I got the last KO off of a spaced Shield Breaker.

Pope- Though the pool may not have showed it, you did a pretty solid job. Just get some matchup experience and I'm sure you'll make the sets much closer.

*Note: Not only did we have the hardest pool, but the fact that I got first seed and had to go against Reflex first round was just dumb XP. Pools hate me lol.

*Bracket*
Reflex- Great Games, I'm not as bummed out about losing to your fox after seeing the others you've played against and the crew matches. I'll work on closing the gap of skill between us, just give it more time lol.

Cam- Finally got to play your Pikachu! Dan was right your pikachu is very technical, I've never seen such fluid QAC's. Hope to play ya again sometime.

Munkus- Same as above XD

Kismet- I guess back to back Metaknight matches made me really unprepared. At the set wasn't that bad. Fun playing you again though.

Yea next time one of these are hosted I'll be there, as long as I have a ride : P
Figured I'd have it on both threads

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ahem.
Top 5 payout is basically standard at ALL Ohio tournaments and most MW tournaments. Since this system started the MW has been the only region to see GROWTH over the last year in tournament attendance/frequency. I would recommended TO's everywhere payout top 5 regardless of the size of the event (I mean if its like 8 people maybe not but anything over 13 or so it great.
Yes, I am posting this because I have an anti-competitive mentality.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hmmm
But wouldn't the professionals be more apathetic about attending? And even if we'd do it that way, it'd be money we could all obtain in say a MM or something.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya

there's too many matches for me to sort through (and i don't play brawl so it's extra confusing) but if you see some matches you want to youtube or something i think i could do that
Could I get my 3 bracket matches uploaded?

Kola(Marth) vs Cam(Pikachu)
Kola(Marth) vs Munkus(White Metaknight)
Kola(Marth) vs Kismet (Dark Blue Metaknight)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
who are the teams?
1: i'm gonna let you finish...but milk is the greatest beverage of all time (Reflex + Kismet) ($132.00)
2: zerosuit and zelda (BigLou + Billy/Bill_) ($66.00)
3: pick metaknight and press b (Serin + T3h_Albino) ($22.00)
4: lebron and kobe (shaSLAM + Elev8/I SEE YOU)
5: we take it from the rear but kampfer<3 we always end up on top_ (Zero +Kola)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmmm
But wouldn't the professionals be more apathetic about attending? And even if we'd do it that way, it'd be money we could all obtain in say a MM or something.
I guess...

I was just throwing it out there for the sake of the people getting hate for saying they think it'd be a cool idea to spread the money out more. CLEARLY it's a terrible and anti-competitive idea if tournament attendance is rising in Ohio, and a very notable TO thinks there's a direct correlation to the prize money.

Just sayin.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
For what it's worth, I agree about spreading the wealth a little more in order to increase attendance.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well I guess if it's for making our community larger....but I really think advertising plays a bigger part into increasing attendance.
Not including the new Auburn players I met this past weekend. I've counted 40 AL smashers that I've seen in the tournaments I've been in for the past year. If we could somehow manage to get most of them back into the tourney scene that would be great.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
It makes a prize appear more attainable to more people and gives a tangible reward to people who do actually perform well.

Very, very few people actually go to tourneys in the hope of making money. I know I call a tourney a victory at this point when I break even or get close to breaking even.

If anything, it spreads the amount of spendable money across more of the community, giving them greater opportunities to put that money back into the 'smash economy.'

Just as an absurd hypothetical, you give one person 100 dollars and he's going to buy himself a nice meal and a game with the $90 and then use the remaining $10 to enter a new tourney. If you give 10 people $10 dollars and they will each use that money to enter a new tourney.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I had a great time and I was very glad to meet the Alabama people and the other few OoSers that showed up. IHOP was a blast.... my stomach was hurting from laughing too much.

GGs to everyone I played in Melee.

Dogy- thanks a lot for the matchup help. I'm definitely going to look into the Marth/Doc matchup a lot harder instead of focusing so much on Marth/Spacies.

FullMetal- very good games sir. After watching our matches a few times, I'll be ready to give you even more trouble next time :]

SleepyK- congratz on winning. It was fun practicing DI with you lol. My main focus now is memorizing which attacks are safe to smash DI down and which are not. I learned a lot in our friendlies, as usual, and I know that my style/predictions are still 1-2 steps behind you but at least I'm able to realize it and I just need to be able to get to that level.

Kismet- it was great seeing you again and thanks for playing friendlies with me dude. You're a great person to play against to check my progress! Just remember those tricks I told you-
*Don't DI marth's upthrow passed 19-20% and try to jump out or shine out. If you don't DI it forces Marth to pivot grab which gives him a greater chance to mess up.
*When I throw you near the ledge, just always tech back towards the middle. It's extremely predictable and you will take damage, but if you tech towards the ledge then you get gimped and lose a stock.
*I forgot to tell you this, but at 0%, if you get grabbed and predict an upthrow, then DI behind me. Marth can't regrab Falco after the upthrow (at 0%) if you DI behind. If you get grabbed at 0% and predict an Fthrow, DI away and buffer a roll or spotdodge (jabbing works too, but I can crouch cancel that). However, if you predict incorrectly which throw I will use (upthrow or fthrow), then your DI will be wrong and you will get regrabbed.

Reflex- it was really fun playing all those melee matches with lol!

ShaSlam- nice to finally meet you bro, you're pretty good at the game called brawl, and your Jiggs in Melee isn't half bad :p

Turtl- LOL too many memories. Good **** in the crew battle and good **** at IHOP lol

Professional Smasher Bill_: I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN AGES. lol. Thanks again for the housing. It was really good hanging out with you :)

Micaelis- you're too funny lol. good stuff in Brawl dude, it sucks that you got bracket *****.

Lounis- Congratz on winning the tournament, you're too good. Huge thanks for the ride man. Glad to help you stay awake on the ride back, even though I barely remember what was going on and all I remember was that the stuff we were talking about made no sense at all lol.

Zero Gamer- it was great playing you man. I could tell you were really good and you were just either rusty or inexperienced, but either way, definitely a solid player. You were the first person to ever counterpick me to rainbow cruise, it was a great experience lol!

Derp- I had so much fun playing against you lol (I was the guy who got that sweet Falcon Punch on you before the tourney started). Keep playing Melee and find better people to play with and you will get better :]

DanGR- it was fun sitting with you at IHOP man. You should pick up Melee so we can play each other in smash :D

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
: ( we should have went to IHOP

I see where you're going Munkus. I really could use some winnings to get myself into another tournament. Now if only I could make these 7th placings to 5th placings. xD

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord

It looks like my matches with cam weren't put on livestream but if their on your computer could you put them up for me

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i would if i had them! i brought two capture cards. one was on the live stream and the other was on melee. if they're not on the livestream thing then i'm sorry :(
i hope the replays got saved at least

Top Bottom