• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Ah, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Another random hacking note: Sound Test "Source" data is a ***** and will take much effort to rearrange pointers so I can polish it to go with my custom song titles.
As well, "Maybe next time..." is refusing to be replaced by "Send them off!". Cue Cue.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, I've decided that I'm not going tonight.

I had to soak and change the bandaid, and saw my toe for the first time after the operation... I don't feel up to going anywhere now. I'm also having some virtigo, so I would not play well at all.

See you guys later.

PND

Smash Champion
Match one, Smashville. Diddy (H) vs MK (K)
Haze wins.
Haze bans Delfino Plaza, Rainbow Cruise.
Match two, Jungle Japes. Falco (H) vs MK (K)
Knuckles wins. 2 Stocked.
Knuckles bans Battlefield, Final Destination.
Match three, Halberd. Snake (H) vs MK (K)
Haze wins.
Match four, Pokemon Stadium 1. Diddy (H) vs MK (K).
Knuckles wins. 2 Stocked.
Match five, Pictochat. Snake (H) vs MK (K)
Haze wins. 2 Stocked.

For the record, I hate the idea of 2 bans. It hurts every character except MK.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
SF2 doesn't have any bans. What say we just scrap doubles and go for an SF2 bracket? Take less time, is more fun and is more epic.

buenob

Smash Lord
all I can say about my match with bryant is he is a beast... the videos will be up soon hopefully (hint hint) but needless to say, I demonstrate how NOT to play wario vs. MK quite well, and bryant demonstrates how to not play against rob as D3 quite well also

our last match is too epic to describe, no spoilers gais

arsenic41

Smash Ace
We need some TvC up in this shiz.

And sign me up for the bi-weekly, seeing how it is the last one.

buenob

Smash Lord
yeah ima definitely make it to this one :)

i tried to get joel and some people to make a surprise visit from montreal for it too, but it turns out ThatGuy is hosting a tournament this weekend, oh well

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
I can haz sign up? Looks like I can make it. Not sure if ill be there for doubles, ill also be interested in doing money matches in brawl, melee, and sf2 (looking at you Ariel :) ) with standard biweekly/sbr/srk rules.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Last biweekly results:

Doubles:

1: Knob (Ben + Bryant)
2: Restin' *****es (Mike + Andrew)
3: Money Back Guarantee (Riley + Dave)
4: Rest 'n' *****es (Ariel + Matt)
5: Rest in *****es (Tyler + Aaron)
5: No Longer 5th Worst (Cam + Alan)

Singles:

1: Knuckles
2: Buenob
3: Haze
4: The RAGE
5: Linkshot
5: Matt07
7: Fogel
7: Megaknight
9: Arsenic
9: HiDef
9: Aaron
9: Jiggernaut
13: LivewiresXe
13: IvanEva
13: SAUS

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Hey, guys! I left my controller at Cam's house last night...

Did anyone grab it/see it? What should we do about that?

Shout-outs to come later.

Matt07

Smash Master
What was the payout for 1,2,3rd?

And who used what characters? Correct me if I'm wrong. This is for Ankoku's Tournament thingy we had quite a lot of people show up last night, so some characters can get points. Yay Mario xD.

Also what was payout for first, second and third?

1: Knuckles: :metaknight: - $28
2: Buenob: :rob: :pikachu2: :diddy: :metaknight: - $12
3: Haze: :diddy: :snake: - $5
4 The RAGE: :wario: :dedede:
5: Linkshot: :lucario:
5: Matt07: :mario2:
7: Fogel: :snake: :shiek: :falco:
7: PNDMike: :jigglypuff: :metaknight:

Shoutouts will come later!

Fogel

Smash Lord
I already posted my reasons for stopping smash earlier, so I won't say too much about it again. I'll still check Smashboards every now and then, though not as often as I used to. Thanks to everyone who pitched in for the cake; it was very thoughtful of you! It looks like everyone enjoyed it, given that there's only one piece left over :)

I'll do a quick summary of league results in a bit. No one played any league matches last night to my knowledge, so whatever's on the site now is final.

There's a bunch of forgotten stuff this week. It includes:

• Tatsunoko vs. Capcom disk (supposedly Harold's)
  • A navy blue dress shirt with stripes
  • Wiimote and nunchuk (Jiggernaut's)
  • A single Advil pill (unless whoever forgot this is really hard up for Advil, I'm going to just throw this out...)
  • A silver GC controller (Ariel's)

Let me know the best way to get this stuff back to you. As well, I think Infzy offered to lend his TV (it's the "Melee" TV) to whomever is going to host stuff next (correct me if I'm wrong). If you need it, let me know and we can work something out.

One last thing, if anyone runs into Moses sometime, please ask him to give my controller/gas money back. Also, please let me know if anyone finds my silver controller; it's still missing.

Hey, guys! I left my controller at Cam's house last night...

Did anyone grab it/see it? What should we do about that?

Shout-outs to come later.
It's still at my place. We'll have to make arrangements for you to get it. If you have time to come over some weeknight, you can pick it up. If you're close to the Billings Bridge area, that's where I work now, so we could meet up there sometime as well. Let me know what's best for you.

What was the payout for 1,2,3rd?

And who used what characters? Correct me if I'm wrong. This is for Ankoku's Tournament thingy we had quite a lot of people show up last night, so some characters can get points. Yay Mario xD.

Also what was payout for first, second and third?

1: Knuckles :metaknight:
2: Buenob :rob: :pikachu2: :diddy:
3: Haze :diddy: :snake:
4 The RAGE :wario: :dedede:
5: Linkshot :lucario:
5: Matt07 :mario2:
7: Fogel :snake:
7: Megaknight :metaknight: :jigglypuff:
9: Arsenic
9: HiDef
9: Aaron
9: Jiggernaut
13: LivewiresXe
13: IvanEva
13: SAUS

Shoutouts will come later!
Payouts: First was $27 or $28, second was $13 or $12, third was $5 (45 bucks total).

For characters, aside from Snake, I also used Sheik (only vs. IvanEva) and Falco (vs. Ben, though I didn't win any games with him).

edit: Forgot to mention, I'm going to wipe my basement computer soon; did anyone want the .tio files for the biweeklies before I do that?

Top Bottom