• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
edit: Forgot to mention, I'm going to wipe my basement computer soon; did anyone want the .tio files for the biweeklies before I do that?
Hmmm, actually that could be very useful. I don't know if you can send them via e-mail or not, but if you can, my address is riley . sherman @ hotmail . com

infomon

Smash Scientist
I already posted my reasons for stopping smash earlier, so I won't say too much about it again. I'll still check Smashboards every now and then, though not as often as I used to. Thanks to everyone who pitched in for the cake; it was very thoughtful of you! It looks like everyone enjoyed it, given that there's only one piece left over :)
no cake for infzy :( cake is a lie :(

also fogel<3 u are missed by teh smash
but mad props for ditching this lame kid nonsense lolol

• A single Advil pill (unless whoever forgot this is really hard up for Advil, I'm going to just throw this out...)
omg dr. mario confirmed for SSB4

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
The shirt is mine. Also, picking up my stuff today would be unfavorable cause I don't have a buspass until Monday, would it possible to pick up my stuff on a weeknight?

Fogel

Smash Lord
League winners for this season:

Brawl House A - Buenob
Brawl House B - Matt07

Melee House A - BC AL
Melee House B - PND

Congratulations!

Hmmm, actually that could be very useful. I don't know if you can send them via e-mail or not, but if you can, my address is riley . sherman @ hotmail . com
Yep, I sent them as a zip file.

no cake for infzy :( cake is a lie :(

also fogel<3 u are missed by teh smash
but mad props for ditching this lame kid nonsense lolol

omg dr. mario confirmed for SSB4
Thanks, hopefully we meet up again someday (maybe at the next big Ottawa tourney, if there is one)! Thanks for letting us use your TV for all this time!

The shirt is mine. Also, picking up my stuff today would be unfavorable cause I don't have a buspass until Monday, would it possible to pick up my stuff on a weeknight?
Yeah, that should be ok, depending on the weeknight. Let me know what days are good for you; for me, Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually bad.

PND

Smash Champion
Doubles:

1: Knob (Ben + Bryant)
Good ****.
2: Restin' *****es (Mike + Andrew)
Jigglypuff too good.
3: Money Back Guarantee (Riley + Dave)
Should've done more Falcon^2 vs Jiggs ^2 matches.
4: Rest 'n' *****es (Ariel + Matt)
Mario Bros are legit. Good matches.
5: Rest in *****es (Tyler + Aaron)
As awesome as resting IN *****es is, Restin' *****es is just too good.
5: No Longer 5th Worst (Cam + Alan)
Your name and your placing makes me rofl

Singles:

1: Knuckles
We didn't play, ergo I am forced to assume that you're scared of Megaknight and thus a scrub. Stop tripping into kill moves :laugh:
2: Buenob
You're strong in the ways of the Megaknight. Your Megaknight may one day be as gay as mine, although you lack my sheer ineffectiveness.
3: Haze
Thanks for the bagel.
4: The RAGE
Good **** on knocking Knuckles to losers. (Knocking Knuckles is fun to say). And always remember: I warned you about religious girls.
5: Linkshot
Good ****, sorry I went all emo after my loss. Megaknight was ashamed of me. That second match you basically went supersaiyan.
5: Matt07
Great matches, too bad about that sing. I think I changed my playstyle too much to compensate after that loss -- I should have done exactly what I was doing first round. Your Mario is mad legit tho. No johns.
7: Megaknight
Megaknight strikes fear into the hearts of lesser men. Women, too. Megaknight doesn't discriminate based on gender, race, OR class.
9: Arsenic
Your Ivysaur team was fierce. You should have given them a better EV spread though, like, at least 252 into Offstage.
9: Aaron
You're awesome. Hope to see you out more (when stuff starts getting hosted again)
9: Jiggernaut
That's mah boi. We wreck in doubles, shame about the vertigo.
13: LivewiresXe
Melee. :bee:
13: IvanEva
Great to see you again. Minus a bit of hair, though :p

Biggest shout of all:
7: Fogel
Thank you. For everything.

Matt07

Smash Master
Firstly, thanks to Cam for hosting the Bi-Weeklies, and Smashfest for this long! I've met a lot of new people thanks to this, we appreciate the hard work you up into this! Best of luck too you!

1: Knob (Ben + Bryant)
We took you guys down to the wire haha, last match we fell apart. Good **** guys on first!
2: Restin' *****es (Mike + Andrew)
Good job guys! Way too make a comeback from losers and knock us out as well! Grats!
3: Money Back Guarantee (Riley + Dave)
Double Ganon vs Double Falcon yeahyuzz!
4: Rest 'n' *****es (Ariel + Matt)
We should team more Ariel! We did really well considering it was our first time!
5: Rest in *****es (Tyler + Aaron)
Good job taking us to game 3! You guys make a good team!
5: No Longer 5th Worst (Cam + Alan)
We didn't get to play :(.

1: Knuckles
We didn't get a chance to play at all. Ah well, grats on beasting your way through losers and taking first again.
2: Buenob
Had a blast playing you in friendlies, keep working on Diddy! Grats on placing first in the league by the way.
3: Haze
Grats on 3rd!
4: The RAGE
Good ****, Ariel. You did awesome in this!
5: Linkshot
We didn't get too plai. I also need my "MONEY BACK!" lol.
7: Megaknight
I agree Mike, first match was soo intense, until the stupid SD :(. Get a new controller! Suprised you didn't go Snake vs me, I would've lost lol. PS: Next time we see eachother I'll bring back the $5 dollars for t3h cake I owe!
9: Arsenic
Good stuff, haha your funny too watch lol, so much trash talking!
9: Aaron
We didn't get to play at all in singles, I would've liked too!
9: Jiggernaut
Good stuff! You almost had me, very close matches!
13: LivewiresXe
We had...a 1 minute friendly? Aah, we'll get too play more sometime.
13: IvanEva
I'll keep on the look-out for an epic story to tell you :laugh:.

PND

Smash Champion
Hey Matt, when you submit the tourney results could you change my name to PNDMike? Also, could you put Jiggs first? I used them the same amount, but resorted to Jiggs in losers when things were more clutch.

Matt07

Smash Master
Hey Matt, when you submit the tourney results could you change my name to PNDMike? Also, could you put Jiggs first? I used them the same amount, but resorted to Jiggs in losers when things were more clutch.
Yep, updated! Still need clarification on who used who from other people before I post it :).

Vanitas

Smash Ace
yayy i won in my house! :)

heyy Fogel, the melee scene is planning to continue the smash league!
Do you mind if we use the ruleset you made? (so it doesnt look like i plagerized)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, was kind of funny we got like literally 90 seconds into our friendly before we were booted off the TV for tourney matches, huh Matt? Will post more later after headache johns-ness wears out.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Thanks, Cam! Would it be possible to send me the actual Tio program? or is there a site I can download it from???
http://tiopro.com/

yayy i won in my house! :)

heyy Fogel, the melee scene is planning to continue the smash league!
Do you mind if we use the ruleset you made? (so it doesnt look like i plagerized)
It's cool with me, go ahead! Glad to hear the league will keep running.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I am going to a church youth group. Needless to say, I am desperate to get my community service completed.

So... no, I don't think so, unless someone ninja posts me.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Yo what's up guys? I think we should also have a league going again, just so we all have an excuse to play smash together sometime. Also because I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.

If anyone is still frequenting these boards, what do you say?

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I'd be down for anything. I haven't given up on it yet.

Btw, I still need to get in touch with Cam to get my controller back, lol. :p

Matt07

Smash Master
If v=Vanilla, then why isn't Brawl+, and other modified versions of the game aren't called cBrawl+, cBrawl-, cProject M for chocolate?

:psycho:.

PND

Smash Champion
Honestly, I hate the mechanics of Brawl. . . but Brawl hacking keeps me interested in the game. All in all, I'm still a casual player at heart and adding in new stages / characters / textures keeps me giddy.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how to make a fancy site like Cam, but I can keep track of league scores...

I guess we're all up for it? Instead of dividing things up, to begin with, why don't we all just have a huge cluster**** round robin and then split it into two houses based on the results? Yay? Nay?

In anycase, entrants so far are:

-Ariel
-Riley
-Bryant
-Ben
-Tyler
-Andrew
-Matt

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
Ariel: that sounds like a sick idea, you know im in!
and victory is my destiny

Bosak: sounds like johns. p.s. are you ever coming back? p.p.s. we did all the dishes

Alan: lol at brawl minus being competitively viable

arsenic41

Smash Ace
woah woah woah, a cluster ****?

**** I'm in.

Oh wait, a BRAWL cluster ****?

**** I'm in.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Lmao! ^

I'd like a cluster**** of round robin, too. How long will the season last?

Oh, and Randy, I've been playing more DotA. I like the game, but 99% of the players are *******s! I'm still not very good, and instead of helping me, players tend to berate me and kick me from the server. Sometimes I will ask for help, and people won't give me any. :/ Sometimes players will just leave me to be ganked, and then blame me for dieing.

I really need to learn items, and I haven't found a hero that I'm excellent with yet. Do you have any advice?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Yeah, the dota community isn't exactly warm and welcoming. The problem with playing online is that the players have the whole anon thing going for them, so they can get away with being awesome people that help and support each other and give each other warm hugs and drink hot chocolate and talk about boys. The best way to get past this is to play with friends. Or you can troll them hardcore and be a bigger douche than them.

As for the hero aspect, I find that you need to first determine what your playstyle is, and then find the most interesting hero that supports your playstyle.

Also, you need to find out if you like playing the Strengths, Agi's or the Int's.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Lol, ya that sounds about about right, Randy. XD

Personally, I enjoy playing int too. In other games, I usually take to the spellcasting classes etc, so that's what I've gone for so far.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, like I said, it depends almost entirely on location as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and PND, 2 things.

1. 64 Falcon Punch too good.
2......Conehead.

PND

Smash Champion
Haha, yes. :)

Oh, and Tyler. . . Ssshh about the "secret project", if ya catch my Tokyo Drift.

I don't want to get people too excited at this stage of it. . . I want wait until a later stage when it's further developed.

A later stage. . . like an Ice World by a full moon

buenob

Smash Lord
lol i like how i was signed up, I'm in of course

I can do the online results (it is my hosting after all)

Top Bottom