• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Sarcasm is hard to tell over the internet. In this case however I call troll.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Not even just over the internet. With Harold, at least.

EDIT: Confirming I'll be there on Friday (there is one this Friday, right?)
P.S. Please don't put any pressure on my non-smash life. It makes me feel uncomfortable with the community, and the last thing I need is lack of a comfortable social outlet. Do not reply to this, just acknowledge.

Matt07

Smash Master
I'll be missing this, and next week's Bi-weekly/Smashfest :(. I'm heading home for Reading Week this Friday...

So I won't be able to get in my last matches with Cam :(.

Have fun guys!

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'll be missing this, and next week's Bi-weekly/Smashfest :(. I'm heading home for Reading Week this Friday...

So I won't be able to get in my last matches with Cam :(.

Have fun guys!
There are 3 more, not two. Hopefully you can make it to the last one, at least :)

acjamn2

Smash Rookie
I wont be able to be there for this or next week's either... I'm going home for reading week tomorrow.

Matt07

Smash Master
Oh yea, ahaha. Don't worry we'll end up seeing eachother sometime soon.

It's $25 you owe, that might help to know how much you owe me :laugh:.

buenob

Smash Lord
i will be there with bells on... and by with bells on, i mean with a controller in hand

buenob

Smash Lord
that gives me time to hit the bar after work :)

see you guys then... probably around 7pm... am I correct in assuming that it's just a smashfest? or is it bi-weekly time due to a limited run?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
My attendance will now see another blemish. I'm not gonna go since I was up until 3am and out and about since 9:30am. Was finally hanging out with friends other than the smash crew, so I'm pretty tired and cold now.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Really nice smashfest shoutouts to:

PND MIKE: Congrats on winning your house. Thanks for prepping me up for my league matches and hopefully we can do more doubles.

Chris: GG's man

Cam: Thanks for hosting another smashfest, we had pretty intense league matches

Chloroform: you have a nice fox man, keep it up

Buenob: Lots of fun teaming with you in brawl doubles and melee doubles.LOL

Randy: Zelda is too good.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
theres a chance....that i might not pop in for this whole month....sad face....
has anyone heard of Derek/SAUS coming yet? everyone in our house played their matches except for him now...

PND

Smash Champion
Shouts / Shouts/ Let it all out / These are the things I can do without / come on. [/Depeche Mode]

Fogel - Thanks for hosting. Next week (or the week after) I really want to try playing you. You could probably teach me a lot.

Charlez AKA Cman - Thanks for having me over before Cam's. I had a lot of fun :) We're too good in doubles. :laugh:

Chlor0form - Great matches. Sorry I was acting all exuberant, I meant no disrespect. Those matches were intense though :)

HiDef - Your Peach is awesome / lulz in doubles. It's fantastic. Turnip gimps are everywhere!

LiveWiresXe - Thanks for the ride back. Next time I challenge you to SF2 / SF4/ MvC2 / BlazBlue. :laugh:

Malcore - Great meeting and chatting with you. Your D3 is awesome, too bad about the cycle of gayness though :laugh:. Thanks for setting up TvC, it was awesome. You're def really chill.

Frenchtoast - Nice meeting you. Man those nado's were lame, eh? :chuckle: You'll fit in great with the community here, you've got a solid Fox. Awesome to chat with you. P.S. Is it spelled Fortin? I refer to people by their actual names a lot >_>

Arsenic - **** your Zelda, *****! j/k awesome games. Let's get gay married. (No homo)

Everyone I played doubles against: Awesome games. I'll try and come up with more stock tank jokes for next time.

PND

Smash Champion
Any chance that SecretOfMana will show up to a fest before the league ends? I'm currently leading the league with one more set to go, I just want to make this official :bee:

buenob

Smash Lord
its a smashfest again? :(

anyone want to MM my rob, mk, didy, or captain falcon? lol

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I want your opinion on if I should come out to the smashfest tonight.

For a while now, I had a pretty bad ingrown toenail, and to fix it, my doctor removed the entire big toenail on my left foot. (to my surprise) This happened yesterday, so It's still pretty sore.

Although I'd really like to attend tonight, for multiple reasons ( one of these being that it is one of the last events at Cam's) it's pretty dangerous if someone steps on my toe.

So I'd like to know if there will be a lot of people tonight/how careful everyone can be/if there can be an extra chair for my foot.

Do you guys think it's a good idea?

Edit: I'm up for some MM if I go, Ben.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I want your opinion on if I should come out to the smashfest tonight.

For a while now, I had a pretty bad ingrown toenail, and to fix it, my doctor removed the entire big toenail on my left foot. (to my surprise) This happened yesterday, so It's still pretty sore.

Although I'd really like to attend tonight, for multiple reasons ( one of these being that it is one of the last events at Cam's) it's pretty dangerous if someone steps on my toe.

So I'd like to know if there will be a lot of people tonight/how careful everyone can be/if there can be an extra chair for my foot.

Do you guys think it's a good idea?

Edit: I'm up for some MM if I go, Ben.
do what you want cuz a pirate is free

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well uh....if it'd help maybe somebody could bring like a steel toed shoe or something you could wear on that foot inside if Cam'd let you. That way you wouldn't have to worry about your toe getting stepped on, and could come out. Stupid idea I know, but so crazy it might work, lol.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
do what you want cuz a pirate is free
I lol'd

Well uh....if it'd help maybe somebody could bring like a steel toed shoe or something you could wear on that foot inside if Cam'd let you. That way you wouldn't have to worry about your toe getting stepped on, and could come out. Stupid idea I know, but so crazy it might work, lol.
It's not a stupid idea, actually. It's what I plan to do for the next little while (read: 4-6 months). However, it is basically impossible to wear shoes for the first two days. The toe is just too sore to get it in and out of a shoe. It's even hard for me to put a sock over it at this point.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Fine, if everyone is telling me to do what I want... Can I be promised two chairs if I do go?

If this arangement can be made, I will go.

And Cam isn't hosting regular smash events after next week.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'll be extra careful of your foot.

When I had an ingrown, they just lifted the corner. I guess there are different levels of ingrown.

EDIT:

On a random note, I've got a few more songs on my SD Card and been dabbling in BrawlBox, so I have some custom messages on it, too. I'm pretty giddy about it.

I've decided that the only time I'll be taking my Wii anywhere is for large tournaments (venue, out of town, etc etc) since it's really just a burden at this point, since everybody else brings Wiis.

Another random note, Brawl Minus finally has an official tagline: "Break the Limits" It looks so epic attached to the main logo.

'kay, that ends my ramblings on how Brawl hacking is the most fun I've had in ages.

PND

Smash Champion
Bryant and Riley are working tonight so they won't show up. Which also means I don't have a ride, so I'll probably sit tonight out as well.

Top Bottom