• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

JOE!

Smash Hero
Uhhhh.....

(villian) discovers an artifact of Glactiria from ancient times and finds out that it started a "calamity" of sorts, where it ate pokemon and people. But it was killed by Tery's four UBER warriors when the ancient people prayed to the gods for salvation. The villain then uses the time machine to obtain Glactiria and uses it to (objective/motive still unknown). The main character must awaken all four warriors to stop Glactiria. Plot twist:
It turns out that the four warriors are defeated this time because of something (don't know what yet; a hold item?) that Glactiria has in this time period. Causing the main char to fight it himself (with all 6 pokes at once!!!) with +6 all stats courtesy of the warriors. Also you must faint it before you catch it (any pokeball will work on it after it's dead)

Whaddya think?

Still needs some work, but that's the basic idea. It's so hard to come up with original scenarios since this is pokemon.....
Uhm, that goes against Glac's whole backstory....his origin is actually caused by the player interfereing with the villains, causing a lab accident that makes DNA be reformed in the (re-animator) to create the monster known as Glacirea

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
been interested in these things for a while... I'm no good a set making, but I heard about a sort of bug legendary?

how about an end-game quest? (or many, to introduce other poke's you make...)

a certain type of bug pokemon (one of the SWFdex ones) starts acting up. While never having been seen before, it suddenly starts appearing on every route in the game (except while surfing). It has a unique attack that calls for aid (turns the battle into a double battle). The player must catch one and then use the attack outside of battle. One of the bugs will fly from offscreen and initiate a fight. defeat this, then walk in the direction the bug came from. continue this to eventually find a cave (inaccessible until beating the story and the Elite Four). enter the cave (pokemon inside include generic ghost-types, poison-types, rock-types, and many of the bugs). upon traversing a large maze, the player finds a bug-queen-pokemon (kinda the Zerg Overmind). it is bug/psychic (or bug/dark, bug/drag., bug/???, whatever) and has with the same special attack the bugs use. it is at level 50 (maybe 70?) and fights the trainer. Defeating/catching it ends the quest. after that, the player can return to the hive at any time, and this is the only place (along with the grass near the entrance) where one can find the bugs. (the attack no longer works outside of battle).

Maybe this'll be my first Contribution? what do y'all think?

Oh. and new group. hands-down. Team rocket is too overdone, Magma/Aqua wouldn't fit the scenario, and Galactic was a lame buncha' cross-dressers. and Noone cares about team Snag'em.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I kind of had a similar idea that there would be a large cave full of just Thermite and Extermite (some of my Bug-types from a while back) somewhere in Tohoko. Hey, termite colonies have queens, hmm....

Also, how about two opposing teams (at the same time, though): one in favor of traditional times and one in favor of modern times. The conflict could be reflected with Cayenne City (a large, modern metropolis) and Sage Town (a secluded, traditional village). *shrug*

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
^Whoa!!!! Back from the dead!

Rriot, where have you been?
Kind of late to be replying, I know, but Smashboards just didn't seem like the time-sink it used to be when I joined. I'm still trying to get that notion outta' my head right now. Hopefully I'll be posting a bit more liberally in the future.

And it's rRiot, not Rriot, btw. ;)

Oh! About the new teams, I think we should go for a new one, since it allows us the greatest freedom when it comes to laying out the plot the player needs to go through in relation to the region. But I see no reason why a couple of other teams can't make a cameo or two while they're at it.

On the subject of the plot itself (seeing as we haven't decided on it yet), while it was pretty cool and dark to have Cyrus and co. aiming right for the armageddon of the world as we know it, it was still a bit too Farfetch'd for me, and probably for the Pokemon series as a whole. We need to tone the ambitiousness of the plot right down to more sensical levels when we get to it.

I do like flyinfilipino's idea of two teams duking it out over ideological reasons, though. It'd make the actual chronology of the plot much more difficult to figure out, but I think it's still an interesting option.

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
Maybe this story involves (due to the popularity of celebii right now) the Pokemon world's past.

For instance it could feature the pokemon involvement in some sort of religious crusade. maybe?

I'm not too good at set making (though I have a FEW ideas) so I think I'll focus on brainstorming plot ideas...

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Maybe this story involves (due to the popularity of celebii right now) the Pokemon world's past.

For instance it could feature the pokemon involvement in some sort of religious crusade, maybe?
Portraying the human side of those dwelling in Poketopia... I like it, but I think it might have been used before. There was a war shown in the beginning scenes of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, but I can't remember what they were warring over.

I shouldn't think that Game Freak likes to reference one specific religion too much, either. We might have to create our own one more in context with the games, and then we'd have to intertwine that with the present-day plot.

JOE!

Smash Hero
@ the two above:

you do realize this will be dealing with the past, FAR past...pREHISTORIC past...:p

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well, we're still going to have to have some modern time plot in order to get us to "prehistoric times" (time travel?).

Any new Pokemans, anyone? :3

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I made these guys a while back and never posted them because I wanted to hold out for a sprite idea, but since none have come, I might as well post them now (and just give them a sprite later). They're the Sandslash/Arbok of this generation and fit nicely in the desert setting we've established. :D

I'll update the MEGAPOST and start posting again when this thread isn't stuck on the same page for close to a week. >.<

...And when I have more time. >.>

Descuri
(deh-SCUH-ree)
The Scurrying Pokemon
Evolves into Desemeer at Level 26
Normal/Ground

Weight: 8.3lbs
Length: 0.4m

Pokedex Entry: "Descuri are often seen digging for Berries in the middle of the desert. When threatened, it releases a high-pitched whistle to alert other Descuri in the area of danger."

Stats

HP: 55
ATK: 65
DEF: 45
SPATK: 45
SPDEF: 27
SPD: 75
TOTAL: 312

Abilities

Immunity/Dig-In (New ability. Same effect as Suction Cups.)

Moves

-: Tackle
-: Sand-Attack
5: Quick Attack
11: Mud-Slap
16: Screech
20: Double Kick
24: Nasty Plot
28: Spikes
31: Dust Wave (New move. Same effect as Rapid Spin. Ground - Physical - 35 BP - 40 PP - 100% - 1 Target)
37: Dig
42: Double-Edge
50: Earthquake
53: Close Combat

Desemeer
(DEH-zuh-meer)
The WildKat Pokemon
Evolves from Descuri at Level 26
Fight/Ground

Weight: 56lbs
Length: 1.5m

Pokedex Entry: "It is extremely territorial and will fight to the death to protect its burrow. It is often seen competing in various competitions with other Desemeer to settle disputes and find mates."

Stats

HP: 75
ATK: 85
DEF: 65
SPATK: 65
SPDEF: 57
SPD: 125
TOTAL: 472

Abilities

Immunity/Dig-In (New ability. Same effect as Suction Cups.)

Moves

Heart Scale: Ice Punch
Heart Scale: Fire Punch
Heart Scale: Thunder Punch
-: Tackle
5: Quick Attack
11: Mud-Slap
16: Screech
20: Double Kick
24: Nasty Plot
26: Mach Punch
30: Spikes
35: Dust Wave (New move. Same effect as Rapid Spin. Ground - Physical - 35 BP - 40 PP - 100% - 1 Target)
41: Dig
47: Double-Edge
56: Earthquake
62: Close Combat

TMs & HMs

TM01 - Focus Punch
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM50 - Overheat
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM78 - Captivate
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM92 - Trick Room

HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Egg Moves (Ground)

Counter
Crush Claw
Double Hit
Fissure
Flail
Fury Swipes
Mud Shot
Night Slash
Swords Dance

Move Tutor

Earth Power
Endeavor
Fire Punch
Heat Wave
Ice Punch
Knock Off
Last Resort
Low Kick
Mud-Slap
Sucker Punch
Superpower
Thunder Punch
Trick
Uproar

Wynedust
(WINE-dust)
The Sidewinder Pokemon
Evolves into Wynedune at Level 26
Poison

Weight: 16lbs
Length: 0.7m

Pokedex Entry: "It moves sideways along the ground using its nimble body to avoid excessive contact with the hot desert sands. They often travel in groups, creating a 'wave' of Wynedust."

Stats

HP: 75
ATK: 22
DEF: 50
SPATK: 50
SPDEF: 60
SPD: 55
TOTAL: 312

Abilities

Sand Veil/Dig-In (New ability. Same effect as Suction Cups.)

Moves

-: Poison Sting
6: Smog
12: Sand Tomb
17: Camouflage
21: Poison Fang
25: Acid Armour
29: Toxic Spikes
31: Dust Wave (New move. Same effect as Rapid Spin. Ground - Physical - 35 BP - 40 PP - 100% - 1 Target)
38: Sludge Bomb
43: Shadow Ball
51: Earth Power
54: Fissure

Wynedune
(WINE-dune)
The Massive Snake Pokemon
Evolves from Wynedust at Level 26
Poison/Ground

Weight: 163.7lbs
Length: 3.3m

Pokedex Entry: "Nicknamed the 'Moving Wall', it is able to move through even the strongest winds and sandstorms using its large body and sideways form of locomotion. Its shovel-like head can dig through solid rock."

Stats

HP: 125
ATK: 42
DEF: 70
SPATK: 70
SPDEF: 90
SPD: 75
TOTAL: 472

Abilities

Sand Veil/Dig-In (New ability. Same effect as Suction Cups.)

-: Poison Sting
6: Smog
12: Sand Tomb
17: Camouflage
21: Poison Fang
25: Acid Armour
26: Stockpile
26: Spit Up
26: Swallow
31: Toxic Spikes
35: Dust Wave (New move. Same effect as Rapid Spin. Ground - Physical - 35 BP - 40 PP - 100% - 1 Target)
42: Sludge Bomb
48: Shadow Ball
57: Earth Power
63: Fissure

TMs & HMs

TM03 - Water Pulse
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM32 - Double Team
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM50 - Overheat
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM58 - Endure
TM63 - Embargo
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM78 - Captivate
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute

HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash

Egg Moves (Ground, Dragon)

Body Slam
Disable
DragonBreath
Nasty Plot
Poison Fang
Poison Tail
Scary Face
Slam

Move Tutor

Aqua Tail
Block
Earth Power
Gastro Acid
Gunk Shot
Mud-Slap
Pain Split
Spite
Super Fang
Twister

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Nice, Sir Bedevere. They do seem to be quite reminiscent of Sandshrew and Ekans, but with a new spin. (Where does the name "Desemeer" come from?) And why would Descuri look for Berries buried in the desert? Hope they come with faces soon!

I'll try to come up with a new Tohoko map when I have more time.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Nice, Sir Bedevere. They do seem to be quite reminiscent of Sandshrew and Ekans, but with a new spin. (Where does the name "Desemeer" come from?) And why would Descuri look for Berries buried in the desert? Hope they come with faces soon!
Desemeer is a portmanteau of "desert" and "meerkat", which is what the Descuri line is based around. I really should get back into spriting so it would be a little more obvious. >.<

And IDK, maybe they're berries that are for Hardy nature'd Pokemon, since the berries are Hardy themselves? :p And it doesn't say that they're actually successful. XD

Yeah, that's an oversight by me, but I don't know what else they'd eat. X.X

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Desemeer is a portmanteau of "desert" and "meerkat", which is what the Descuri line is based around. I really should get back into spriting so it would be a little more obvious. >.<

And IDK, maybe they're berries that are for Hardy nature'd Pokemon, since the berries are Hardy themselves? :p And it doesn't say that they're actually successful. XD

Yeah, that's an oversight by me, but I don't know what else they'd eat. X.X
Ohhhh, gotcha. Meerkats = awesome! (Are you capitalizing Hardy on purpose?)

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord
Vileyena

Mightyena Evolution! His stats were blah enough to be a 2nd stage Pokemon.

Evolves: Level 36

Stats:
HP - 80
Atk - 105
Def - 75
S.Atk - 60
S.Def - 60
Spe - 90
BST = 470

Abilities: Pack Leader / Intimidate

Pack Leader: Taken from JOE!!

If the pokemon is the 1st member of the team, they get a permanent boost to ATTK

-- Tackle
-- Sand-Attack
5. Howl
9. Sand-Attack
17. Odor Sleuth
22. Roar
27. Swagger
32. Assurance
36. Scary Face
36. Night Slash
42. Taunt
47. Extremespeed
52. Take Down
57. Swords Dance
62. Sucker Punch

I'm not stealing this image. Made by someone else, just happened upon it.

TMs are basically the same. I just wanted an evolution to what I think is a cool pokemon. I was gonna make him like that Darkstalkers character but Zoruarks got that covered. :mad:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'd try to come up with a new method of evolution for Vileyena, just for flavor's sake (since nothing happens now when Mightyena reaches level 36). Also, I'm not quite clear on what Alpha Wolf does. It's a cool-sounding idea, though.

And just to make sure, these are the current Tohoko Gym types, correct?

Mace Town - Ground type
Fennel City - Flying type
Cilantro City - Poison type
Mint Mountain - Ice type
Caraway City - Dark type
Cayenne City - Fire type
Sage Town - Grass type (since we haven't come up with many cool Bug types)
Tarragon City - Dragon type

Might be time to start thinking up Gym Leader rosters soon. :)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
That's actually a cool idea for an evolution. :)

Now that you cleared up Alpha Wolf, it seems like kind of a waste, since you could just give Vileyena Swords Dance instead for the same effect

JOE!

Smash Hero
Pack Leader:

If the pokemon is the 1st member of the team, they get a permanent boost to ATTK

Herding Instinct:

If the pokemon is the 1st member of the team, they get a permanent boost to DEF

Moozle

Smash Champion
Really really interesting ability ideas JOE!.

The one thing that seems a bit weird to me about the town names is Cilantro City. It just doesn't sound like a poison gym/city to me at all. All of the others are great though.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Pokemon that'd get them are guys like ...Mightyena and tauros, who'd make sense to be in a pack/herd

gonna be making more abilities soon...as well as concepts for the pre-vos of Rexxor...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Cilantro City is located in/around a swampy area near a river bank. I just kind of like the alliteration of Cilantro City. There are a bunch of other possible names if we find it disagreeable, though. Coriander is another name for cilantro, but then we'd have too many names that start with a hard "c". Turmeric? Arugula? Fun with herbs and spices!

Random name offering for a pre-evo of Rexxor: Rexxile

JOE!

Smash Hero

his pre-vies are Dimixxor, Veloxxor ....then Rexxor :p

I am also pondering on making the Brontosaurus counterpart have a special ability as follows:

Garden:

Every day ___ will grow a (berry/fruit/potato/snuffaluf***us) from the foliage on it's back, and automatically hold onto it.

1st evo grows berries, 2nd is fruit (more potent berries) and the 3rd has (bigger) fruit which are 3x as potent as a berry

JOE!

Smash Hero
Just got a new thought...

anyone wanna pitch a new idea for the fire-starter? It seems both Kittorch and Tusckortch lost their steam...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

his pre-vies are Dimixxor, Veloxxor ....then Rexxor :p

I am also pondering on making the Brontosaurus counterpart have a special ability as follows:

Garden:

Every day ___ will grow a (berry/fruit/potato/snuffaluf***us) from the foliage on it's back, and automatically hold onto it.

1st evo grows berries, 2nd is fruit (more potent berries) and the 3rd has (bigger) fruit which are 3x as potent as a berry
Oh, forgot you already came up with names.

As cool as the ability sounds, that'd make it seem even more similar to Tropius. However, if you carry through with it, maybe just make the Berries it picks up rarer as it evolves (because most Berries already look like fruit anyway).

Just got a new thought...

anyone wanna pitch a new idea for the fire-starter? It seems both Kittorch and Tusckortch lost their steam...
Well, I thought we already agreed that Tuskorch was ousted as the starter...maybe if someone could come up with a design for Kittorch and family....We don't care about our starters :(

I gave Vileyena Rivalry instead. I hope that's alright with everyone.

Posting on my phone. I feel special!
But, but...Rivalry is lame! Perhaps you could give it that one ability JOE! came up with instead. It'd work.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Pack leader would fit so muh better with the concept...

as for similarities to Tropius, why cant it be an ancestor? :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Vileyena's base stats are too low.

HP - 85
Atk - 115
Def - 80
S.Atk - 60
S.Def - 70
Spe - 100

Looks better that way, but maybe it's just me.

-Terywj

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
...And when I have more time. >.>
This requirement was filled absurdly fast. o_O

This Pokemon is meant to be paired with FF's Delfin/Squalfin, as they have somewhat similar concepts ("horned" water creatures), similar stat distribution, level-up movepool, and evolution level. I made it so that the last 3 requirements were met, of course, but I'm just trying to cut down on the amount of "individual entries" we're getting.

Also, lolsuperiorsharpedo.

Dagglad
(DAG-glad)
The Dart Pokemon
Evolves into Bladito at Level 36
Water

Length: 23cm
Weight: 0.7lbs

Pokedex Entry: "Its scales shine in the sunlight. A Dagglad turning rapidly in the ocean during the day can cause bright flashes of light, which it uses to blind predators."

Stats
HP: 35
ATK: 75
DEF: 35
SPATK: 55
SPDEF: 35
SPE: 95
TOTAL: 330

Abilities

Swift Swim/Hydration

Moves

-: Peck
-: Sharpen
8: Water Gun
15: Pursuit
19: Flail
24: Take Down
31: Aqua Jet
35: Rain Dance
40: Water Pulse
45: Swords Dance
50: Aqua Tail

Bladito
(blay-DEE-toe)
The Bandit Pokemon
Evolves from Dagglad at Level 36
Water/Dark

Length: 3.7m
Weight: 109lbs

Pokedex Entry: "It cuts through the water with its long, pointed nose. It likes to steal fish trapped in fisherman's nets as easy prey using its nose."

Stats
HP: 70
ATK: 110
DEF: 65
SPATK: 100
SPDEF: 65
SPE: 115
TOTAL: 525

Abilities

Swift Swim/Hyper Cutter

Moves

Heart Scale: Night Slash
-: Peck
-: Sharpen
8: Water Gun
15: Pursuit
19: Flail
24: Take Down
31: Aqua Jet
35: Rain Dance
36: Faint Attack
43: Water Pulse
51: Swords Dance
58: Aqua Tail

TMs & HMs

TM03 - Water Pulse
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM25 - Thunder
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Brine
TM58 - Endure
TM63 - Embargo
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM70 - Flash
TM72 - Avalanche
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-Turn
TM90 - Substitute

HM01 - Cut
HM03 - Surf
HM04 - Strength
HM05 - Whirlpool
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM07 - Waterfall

Egg Moves (Water 2)

Agility
Aqua Tail
Double-Edge
Flail
Hydro Pump

Move Tutor

Air Cutter
Aqua Tail
Bounce
Dive
Endeavor
Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Splash

---

My entries look so empty without pictures. ;-; But I'm too lazy to do some...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Dagglad and Bladito sound cool! Yes, more Water-types! It sounds like they're based on sunfish/swordfish, I imagine. They'd make good counterparts to Delfin/Squalfin. Dagglad is tiny! I miss pictures.

Is Splash really a Move Tutor move?!

JOE!

Smash Hero
Hey guys, i just thought of a new concept for our gen...that is probably the worst Idea ever:

Multi-typed moves

For example, Thunderpunch counts as both Fighting AND Electric type damage

Pokemon will only get STAB for the total damage, so if youre a blaziken doing fire punch, you dont STAB both fighting and fire...

Resists and effectiveness also come into play with this, sich as using THunderpunch on a flying type, which would do neutral damage due to the super effect and resist averaging out...

thoughts?

Top Bottom