• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Rediscussion: Samus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
^^,

So let's re-rediscuss ;D. But first, tha rules (copyright of Rickerdy-doo-da-day):

As the number of characters left to discuss in the Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion thread begins to dwindle, I've have decided to start up topics for rediscussing characters who I feel may need to be covered again. This is primarily due to potential changes in the match up, new discoveries, new tactics and how they may have affected the match up. Also, for some characters, because they were discussed a long time ago, they may be out of date

Now because I can't trust some of you on this board, I'm going to copy/paste these rules on all of these rediscussion threads:

-SUPPORT YOUR CLAIMS WITH EXAMPLES/EVIDENCE/THOUGHT/VIDEO. Do not say "Snake beats Peach" or "Peach owns Wolf" or something out of the blue without explaining why, you are just wasting thread space. Keep intelligent discussion.

-We are here to learn, not fight. We're all trying to become better Peach players, so please don't get into over heated discussions - learn and be reasonable.

-This thread serves two purposes. A) To determine how the matchup goes for Peach. B) To determine how to handle the matchup. So not only post why you think it goes (see guideline below), but post strategies and what you do that works.

-Feel free to add really good tactics you discover of a character already discussed. New tactics are helpful and don't think just because its already been discussed not to add anything, or we will never get better information on the matchup as the meta game progresses!

- PLEASE let me know if you want me to highlight anything from the thread discussion into that respective character's "summary" on this page. I'm not always sure whats the best advice and whats not so help point it out to me for me to highlight

- Attempting to ridicule someone to prove your point will not be tolerated. It disgusts me when people try to do this. If someone struggles with something and you don't or if someone thinks the match up is such and such because of this and you think 'well you can do this and this, why are they saying that?' for the love of god, explain to them your viewpoint. Insults such as 'well your air game must suck if you find this hard' are pathetic, childish and I will mostly likely disregard whatever else you have to say

I wish I didn't have to feel the need to do this as it clusters up the OP of each of these topics and someones going to have a cry about me putting this but sadly, I can't trust some of you. I don't care about personal feuds or the like. Keep the discussion match up related ok?

Samus

No, her name is not Zair.​

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
OH GAWD FEAR THE Z-AIR!!! Jk~

I would post some stuff on this match-up but I'll have to do it later since I'm using a school computer and school's about to end. I'll post when I finish homework and Skype stuff or something...

Purple

Hi guys!
Let's see..

Like Always, we'll need to be able to know what peach could use to her advantage from a basic POV.

I feel like I'm saying the same thing in every MU thread ;_;

• She's a very good zoning character and is great at shield pressure.
  • She is not prone to get kills at low percents, So relies on gimping, and saving kill moves to higher percentages (150+ percent)
  • Great Aerials to choose from.

What is samus good with?
  • She is also a zoning character.
  • She's just like Peach in the sense that she can't kill, her d-tilt comes as an effective kill move around 130% for most characters.
  • She has a great projectile game.
  • While she can't gimp, she can kill relatively easily with her d-air. In fact, appraently this is one of her best options.
  • She can Up-B OoS. Which can put a halt to peach's shield pressure.
  • Not as floaty as Peach, so OoS UP-B that hits is nearly unpunishable.

I don't think samus's d-tilt can hit peach floating, now does she have quick options to prevent peach from floating if Peach throws a turnip in front of her before hand.

Also, Samus doesn't have many fast options that leave her in a safe situation, so jabbing is extremely helpful in this matchup. I don't think samus has many options out of shielf except for zair I guess? So pressuring her is low risk.

Purple

Hi guys!
Edited my post to give that information.

Would you say it's risky to use dairs because of the fact she can up-b? The up-b (I think) you can't SDI, and puts you higher in the air, which I would feel is a bad position for peach. However Samus can't juggle well, so it's easy for peach to reach the ground.

Generally speaking though, Samus can do this against any character's shield pressure

It is extremely risky to attack her shield, we can UpB OoS nearly any approach you have (not sure about spaced fair). You can SDI out of it, not easily however, and your even floatier then we are, you are not punishing us for it.

I will give you guys a write up if you wish, but to be honest, this matchup is still the same as it ever was. *Dont take this as my final judgment, I will provide evidence when im not this lazy*

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
55:45 Peach. If you're not gonna accept in between ratios, then it'd be closer to 50:50 than 60:40.

In short, most Peaches are playing the MU wrong. Not surprising, since there aren't that many extremely good peaches (no offense to anyone.)

Name a gimmick of Samus' and I'll tell you how to beat it with tools you normally use in any other MU. Only reason the MU is not a surefire advantage is because most players (not Peaches, players) get impatient half way through the match. Which then puts Samus mains at an advantage.

But honestly, it's not like you have issues killing either. Peaches who say that are just silly. They just won't kill until higher percents (aside from f-air, but even that can be survived by Samus at 130s with DI. Still, it's safe on shield, which is stupid.) But... n-air kills us around 150% fresh, especially when catching a Samus off guard. And it's extremely easy to land that.

F-air is safe on shield because of shield stun; your jab clanks with up+b. Space a d-air correctly and up+b OoS can't be used. Glide toss beats the majority of Samus mains you'll find if you space yourself correctly. (Like seriously? 50:50? You have an inherent approach option that beats z-air. John more if you're losing to Samus because of z-air.)

The metagame hasn't changed at all. I agree. Just some peeps are too blind to see it.

Purple

Hi guys!
It is extremely risky to attack her shield, we can UpB OoS nearly any approach you have (not sure about spaced fair). You can SDI out of it, not easily however, and your even floatier then we are, you are not punishing us for it.

I will give you guys a write up if you wish, but to be honest, this matchup is still the same as it ever was. *Dont take this as my final judgment, I will provide evidence when im not this lazy*
Thanks, that would really help, if It's not too much trouble, could you tell us what stages Samus would use, and how a mock tournament setting would more than likely pan out?

Also, NOIDea. Your reasoning that peach players get impatient would be a mind-based thing wouldn't it? THat's like saying "all MK's dash attack, therefore just shield the whole time and you'll catch them".

Metatitan

Smash Master
SDI'ing samus' up B is easy, it's punishing it after that's hard. It's a lot easier if you have your float. Just SDI out, Float to stop you from flying somewhere and drop down and Bair/Uair/whatever punish you want to use (preferably something to start a combo :))

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hmm I've had some good experience with this matchup.

It's relatively simple to understand. Just play basic, play patiently, powershield everything she throws at you from a distance, don't do attacks that will leave you vulnerable for too long, just don't rush it basically...

I would go into more detail but there really isn't much to explain or understand. Peach is simply the better character. This matchup is close but she has the more effective options to exploit. Simple as that.

Purple

Hi guys!
Well even with that being said, I would think the matchup discussion is here in order for new peach players to look and understand what they might be doing wrong in a matchup. I'm going to do some research on Samus, and I'll make a relatively lengthy post later. Chances are i'll make some mistakes, So i hope that I have you all there to correct them *samus mains as well*. So we can come to a sensible agreement on the matchup.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
peach vs samus is 50-50 dead even. Samus stops peach from going in the air and peach beats us on the ground.

kosmos and edreese and praxis agree with me

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Also, NOIDea. Your reasoning that peach players get impatient would be a mind-based thing wouldn't it? THat's like saying "all MK's dash attack, therefore just shield the whole time and you'll catch them".
I'm implying a good player will see that the typical Samus approach is just a bluff (z-air, projectiles.) Either get into the Samus' personal space (for the baddies who play Samus as if all she can do is that), or bait out the actual approach.

The fact that the first several posts were focused on how annoying up+b and z-air are clearly underlines the majority view of what Samus is. You'll lose that way if you meet me in tourney. It's not about the first attack I'm firing, it's what I'm going to follow-up with. Either be there before, or get ready after. It's that simple.

And you know, your metaphor is somewhat accurate. Except MK's dash attack is harder to predict and better frame-wise than more than half of Samus' moveset. So, compared to your metaphor, utilizing a patient mindset against Samus is easier.

Also, stop being caught by up+b. If you d-air and we shield, float back. I don't know why you would be sitting there waiting to get hit. We can't up+b OoS in the middle of you d-airing us. Contrary to popular belief, we do not have invincibility frames on start-up.

To use a metaphor, Samus can SDI up into u-air against GW's b-air. What differentiates a decent GW player and a pro GW is that the decent GW adjusts his playstyle and doesn't use b-air to avoid punishment. A pro GW player spaces it better, releases it earlier so the last hitbox comes out faster and Samus doesn't have time to SDI out and punish. Use that analogy when considering when to use d-air.

If the Samus your facing z-airs, stop floating and stay grounded. Pull a turnip and get into z-air range. Then glide toss the incoming z-air. We have little responses other than to pull back. We can't grab you because of no time for grab armor, we can't fire z-air or missile or the turnip still hits. If we shield, you get frame advantage with whatever you choose to follow-up with. You've just limited Samus to air dodge, short hop d-air, or retreat.

Stop making this complicated. It's when you start trying to pull out that kill move instead of racking up more damage that we start winning. Because we're not gonna let you land it. Focus on punishing our approaches instead, pressure us to the ledge, and then punish the ledge recovery. Peach has one of the better ledge punishment movesets against Samus compared to most of the cast.

Purple

Hi guys!
peach vs samus is 50-50 dead even. Samus stops peach from going in the air and peach beats us on the ground.

kosmos and edreese and praxis agree with me
I don't see how having top players agree with you makes that match-up ratio viable, just makes it seem viable.. Perhaps you could give us some more inforrmation on how samus keeps peach from the air? because I would think her turnip can help a bit more than samus players give off. NOIDea brings up some good points, however I would like them tested for the lack of validity.

Just to make sure though, you're saying that if we are able to catch samus' z-air, we have a guaranteed way to shorten her options?

Xyro77

I don't see how having top players agree with you makes that match-up ratio viable, just makes it seem viable.. Perhaps you could give us some more inforrmation on how samus keeps peach from the air? because I would think her turnip can help a bit more than samus players give off. NOIDea brings up some good points, however I would like them tested for the lack of validity.

Just to make sure though, you're saying that if we are able to catch samus' z-air, we have a guaranteed way to shorten her options?
First off, whos opinion would you believe more? Joe billy bob the 4th who mains peach and hasnt done anything worth-while in smash or kosmos/edreese/praxis who main peach and have done amazing things in thier time ? Believe a nobody(?) or a somebody who has played THE BEST samus(me) and other samus users a decent amount.

Samus vs Peach is 50-50.

Peach going into the air is the worst mistake of all time. Here is why:

1. Zair. Its really simple. Zair beats out ANY attack you have in the air and goes through turnips.

2. Missles. If a wall or just multiple missles are coming at you you can stop 1 but can u stop 2? Lets say you do(for some reason). We just revert back to one. So in a sense, we shoot missles to bait attacks(which beat our missles) so that we can zair u our of it.

3. Charge Shot(CS). Not only does they break through all of your air attacks it can be comboed into from our missles or zair. Due to peach HORRIBLE airdodge and air based game it makes her the EASIEST in the game(imo) to set up for a free CS(25% and great knockback).

4. UP+B oos. Lets say for some reason you are as good as kosmos and you get around 1/2/3. You then must decide what move to use on us if we shield9cause if u run away we just 1/2/3 you). Dair, we UP+B you. Nair, we UP+B you. Slap, we cant hit you but u cant get us. Slap to jab, oldest trick in the book so its unlikely that a samus(or any character in the game) with even just 1 set against a peach will fall for that. But lets say u do land a slap to jab jab. We shield it and run away.....lol its that simple. Even if u jab cancel the first jab to grab.....its slow and easy to see coming.

5. U-tilt. I dont really like using this move cause players like kosmos have found ways to bait it(easily) and super punish but thats only cause he has massive amounts of exp vs samus(me). Utilt is a kick *** anti-air move that KOs pretty **** early(especially if you are in the air)

6. Smash DI. Even BASIC smash DI saves us from dair and uair strings.

Now, please dont think im bashing your character. Peach overall is the better character in this game when you compare her to samus. But In THIS match-up, i KNOW that its 50-50.

Purple

Hi guys!
That's fine Xyro. I'm not saying I don't believe top players, however I treat top players and unknowns the same. Just because your name is purple, or you're popular, doesn't mean you can come in, say one sentence, and everyone should base their MU off of it because of your popularity; it's not very fair, nor would it be accurate in the least. Every person's opinion should be looked at and considered, and higher players should have a little bit more leeway. But it's not something that should "well, m2k said it, it must be true" The popularity or name shouldn't do that much work for someone.

But that's a different subject

As for your lengthy post on the other hand.. That's something I greatly appreciate and it really shows this matchup in a better light. Thank you for that :) ♥

*lol, i haven't actually read it, but yeah i'm sure it's quite good and can bring lots of discussion*

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
First off, whos opinion would you believe more? Joe billy bob the 4th who mains peach and hasnt done anything worth-while in smash or kosmos/edreese/praxis who main peach and have done amazing things in thier time ? Believe a nobody(?) or a somebody who has played THE BEST samus(me) and other samus users a decent amount.
I don't think he means that you're bad or not credible, but that it's not needed if you just post "it's 50-50 because we say so" without giving any input. However, you've done that know, so there's nothing to worry about.

Samus vs Peach is 50-50.

Peach going into the air is the worst mistake of all time. Here is why:

1. Zair. Its really simple. Zair beats out ANY attack you have in the air and goes through turnips.

2. Missles. If a wall or just multiple missles are coming at you you can stop 1 but can u stop 2? Lets say you do(for some reason). We just revert back to one. So in a sense, we shoot missles to bait attacks(which beat our missles) so that we can zair u our of it.

3. Charge Shot(CS). Not only does they break through all of your air attacks it can be comboed into from our missles or zair. Due to peach HORRIBLE airdodge and air based game it makes her the EASIEST in the game(imo) to set up for a free CS(25% and great knockback).

4. UP+B oos. Lets say for some reason you are as good as kosmos and you get around 1/2/3. You then must decide what move to use on us if we shield9cause if u run away we just 1/2/3 you). Dair, we UP+B you. Nair, we UP+B you. Slap, we cant hit you but u cant get us. Slap to jab, oldest trick in the book so its unlikely that a samus(or any character in the game) with even just 1 set against a peach will fall for that. But lets say u do land a slap to jab jab. We shield it and run away.....lol its that simple. Even if u jab cancel the first jab to grab.....its slow and easy to see coming.

5. U-tilt. I dont really like using this move cause players like kosmos have found ways to bait it(easily) and super punish but thats only cause he has massive amounts of exp vs samus(me). Utilt is a kick *** anti-air move that KOs pretty **** early(especially if you are in the air)

6. Smash DI. Even BASIC smash DI saves us from dair and uair strings.
I don't agree with a couple of things:

- Peach going into the air is not the biggest mistake AT ALL. Peach approaching by air is.

- UpB OoS being a big threat to Dair. It's not. Just as NO-IDea said, simply float away. She can avoid Snake's Utilt with this. Dair is ridiculously save.

- (Fair >) Slap > mix-up being bad. Peach has a lot of options after Jab1, it's a big mindgame, and you underrate it SEVERELY and you theorycrafted this waaaay to much. P.S. Fair > Grab is also really good.

:053:

Xyro77

- Peach going into the air is not the biggest mistake AT ALL. Peach approaching by air is.
do u know how long zair is? you can go in the air on the opposite side of FD and if its longer than 2 seconds you will get hit.

- UpB OoS being a big threat to Dair. It's not. Just as NO-IDea said, simply float away. She can avoid Snake's Utilt with this. Dair is ridiculously save.
if u float away with it then its a stalemate cause it aint hurting samus at all.

- (Fair >) Slap > mix-up being bad. Peach has a lot of options after Jab1, it's a big mindgame, and you underrate it SEVERELY and you theorycrafted this waaaay to much. P.S. Fair > Grab is also really good. [/COLOR][/FONT]

no theorycraft needed. nothing peach has out of that can punish samus. slap to grab=free UP+B oos for samus.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Also disagreeing with a couple things x)

-Charge Shot can be NAir'd. A big ball of light just poofs :D (But of course I know you mean that Samus sets up the CS to come behind something that we're currently preoccupied with, but still.)

-SDI saves everyone from everything. Peach can instafloat SDI everything into a groundtech and never die. You won't SDI everything perfectly everytime (and neither will I~), and once you're caught in a UAir string there's nothing you can do because we can move before/during/after the UAir to follow you. That's why it's so much better than DAir strings. Really though, it should be called the UAir combo :/ (BUT HOTGARBAGE/EXCEL NAMED IT CONSERVATIVELY AND WE LOVE THEM SO WE DIDNT CHANGE IT<3)

Xyro77

-Charge Shot can be NAir'd. A big ball of light just poofs :D (But of course I know you mean that Samus sets up the CS to come behind something that we're currently preoccupied with, but still.)
So u admit that you STILL get hit with the CS. Good we are on the same page.

-SDI saves everyone from everything. Peach can instafloat SDI everything into a groundtech and never die. You won't SDI everything perfectly everytime (and neither will I~), and once you're caught in a UAir string there's nothing you can do because we can move before/during/after the UAir to follow you. That's why it's so much better than DAir strings. Really though, it should be called the UAir combo :/ (BUT HOTGARBAGE/EXCEL NAMED IT CONSERVATIVELY AND WE LOVE THEM SO WE DIDNT CHANGE IT<3)
Lets get real.

instafloat SDI into a ground tech and survive

or

SDI

Sorry but mine is a hell of a lot easier to do than yours which means ill be pulling it off alot more than your instanfloat garbage. please, get real.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
do u know how long zair is? you can go in the air on the opposite side of FD and if its longer than 2 seconds you will get hit.
Which is why it should be used up close and not for things such as approaching.
if u float away with it then its a stalemate cause it aint hurting samus at all.
wtf. It's safe. I just throw out a move and it has so little risk, because you can't punish it. I can quickly float away and continue whatever I'm doing. How is that not hurting Samus? @_@
no theorycraft needed. nothing peach has out of that can punish samus. slap to grab=free UP+B oos for samus.
You rely so much on PUNISH PUNISH PUNISH, you simply ignore how safe everything is for Peach. For me, jab mixups' top priority is being safe so I can do whatever I want without getting punished myself. The fact that I'm able to hit you without any risk afterwards is already great itself. Punishing is just a great bonus. Not to mention you keep saying "if you do this, we do that, and if you do this, we do that", although I keep saying that it's not easy to predict (and thus avoid) at all.

We do many of this of almost every character and it works, why wouldn't it work on Samus...

:052:

Purple

Hi guys!
Xyro, with this gameplay, why isn't it worse for peach? From what you're making it sound like, you make it sound like Samus has an option for everything Peach can do to Samus. Without pointing out the opposing factors like what is reliable for peach to use.

Considering you have personal experience, I would think you at least remember what kosmos has done to you.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Also disagreeing with a couple things x)

LOL SERIOUSLY?

I did not know this xD I could have avoided KO from Xyro off the top of the screen just by nairing?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
The worst thing I can think of is if Peach manages to get through our spam she can do a lot of nasty damage to samus. And her turnip spam can hurt us a lot too if used correctly. She also KOs early with that stupid fair which hits more often than it should.

I guess I could cite me playing Razmakazi and Bone$ a good deal of times. But I'd say it's 50-50.

Xyro77

I i think what you guys fail to realize about MUs is that a MU can only be TRULY accurate if BOTH players know the MU fairly well and BOTH players are playing at a high level. I am the best samus and kosmos is the best peach(untill he quit)/Praxis(another top peach) and literally, the MU is even. Samus stops/prevents peach from abusing her air game while peach beats samus at ground game/putting pressure on samus from the ground.

Im not saying peach sucks(i honestly think she is underrated) and im not saying samus is amazing(even in LT she not amazing) but what i am saying is that at the highest of levels where both players know the match-up, its 50-50. I just think MOST peaches just have not played a GOOD samus. This becomes even more evident when i see people say "nair stops samus CS" or "i can just instafloat sdi to ground tech"........seriously?

I recommend you PM praxis/kosmos who has had ample exp vs Samus/me and ask them what they think because they are not just randoms....they are VERY good. Even if they say its 55-45 in peach favor i could go with that.

Purple

Hi guys!
Xyro.. we're not bashing your information, and we're not asying it's not 50:50. But some of the things you're saying, is about what peach would do in the MU. However you don't play peach, you should tell us what Samus would do in the MU and we should think smart of if we can counter it or not.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Would you guys count my vote that Peach v. Samus is 50 due to the fact when I played one we pretty much timed eachother out and we were both at 160% ?

But thats not the case here right? We should be figuring out how to solve the situations that are involved in this match-up. I would put in my two cents, but I'm not really sure how this match-up goes.

Xyro77

Xyro.. we're not bashing your information, and we're not asying it's not 50:50. But some of the things you're saying, is about what peach would do in the MU. However you don't play peach, you should tell us what Samus would do in the MU and we should think smart of if we can counter it or not.
Thats called theorycrafting. On paper, peach/samus/superman/joe bob can do ANYTHING with perfect accuracy. I can list 1000000 billion things samus can do to peach and im sure u can list ways to counter it and then i can list ways to counter that and then u list ways to counter my count......see? It goes in circles. Unless you have TRUE exp in a MU its just speculating or frame data comparing or w/e which is wrong in the long term. I am speaking from exp and i am requesting that you ask fellow peach mains(prax/kos) who have a good amount of samus exp to back it up. Plus, im sure you would believe thier word over mine. After all, they understand YOUR character better than i do.

C spyker, come to hobo 25 on june 12th. I will sit down with you for over an hour and lets play. I want you to understand what im trying to talk about. Hell, im even will to play wifi to show u what im trying to convey to these cats.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Why on earth would you go into the air as an approach option vs Samus? Zair tears through everything - none of your attacks stop it. Attacks will go through missiles and charge shot provided it isn't fully charged but why would you want to? Peach's aerials last forever, you leave yourself very open for being hit by something else

I...don't like fighting Samus. She's so floaty and her Zair is really silly. From the very little that I can remember/know, get a Turnip and approach her on the ground so you can shield all the crap she's throwing at you. Get ready to OoS Glide Toss or just Turnip her if shes close by. If she airdodges instead of doing an attack, throw the Turnip so you catch her as she's landing. A trick Samus can pull off is that she can interrupt her airdodge with a Zair so be prepared just incase she suddenly pulls out her Zair

I can't really think of anything apart from using Turnips smartly and killing with Fair. Use stuff like Jab and Nair when needed...just play smartly

The better player will win. Samus will be spamming the crap out of her projectiles/longer range moves and keeping away from Peach. Peach needs to approach to get hits from Turnips/Jabs and aerials in

Purple

Hi guys!
From the very little that I can remember/know, get a Turnip and approach her on the ground so you can shield all the crap she's throwing at you. Get ready to OoS Glide Toss or just Turnip her if shes close by
Oh my goodness, I did this in some wifi friendlies today, it's extremely effective :bee: I whole-heartedly agree with this point, and it should definately be noted if we do a re-do on a summary.

Oh dear, I leave for like a day, and Xyro/Noid have already invaded. Go figures :/.

Anyway, aside from the... um... blunt you could say point of view that Xyro is offering, he is honestly correct, but for the sake of convenience...

Samus v Peach is one of the most standard matchups in the book, there is nothing difficult about it, nor is there any need to think over the top on this one, because it really is straight forward. Peach wishes to get, Samus wishes for her to get out.

Samus will begin the matchup with a flurry of homing missles (we can bait the type of approach your going to do, weather it's by air, or by ground, either way, we're going to figure it out soon enough), zair or baby charge shots. These will allow us to see just what you plan to do, if a Peach attempts to power shield the zair, she will then be able to get that little bit closer, but obviously, we will reset our spacing and mix up the spam until you have eaten at least 15-20% attempting to get in (this is assuming you can power shield to save your life). Once Peach is close enough, you can begin to do your disgusting dair/nair/uair/bair combos and if you can actually get us up in the air, you will seriously start to rip us apart, our blind spot is below us, you abuse that nicely with uair. I will however say this, DAIR ISNT SAFE ON OUR SHIELD. UpB OoS has FAR more range then it looks and you will get pulled in, I've done this repeatedly against Siri (UK's Peach) and he has payed dearly for it, it's just not safe.

Once Samus has gotten you out of our zone, we can begin the hell all over again, only this time, you are NOT getting in. Since you have probably racked up about 50-60% as of this moment in time, zair will have beautiful knockback to the point where a mistiming of a shield can lead to a string of zairs and missles, which we can force onto you and lead you off stage, which obviously, is our prime zone. If however, and this is what we are going to assume, you can power shield like a god, then your back in the zone, taking a bit of damage whilst doing so. Your ground game, consisting of Jab setups and whatnot will actually eat us alive, I've seen the priority on your jab, and it is disgusting beyond words, It rips ALOT of our grounded moves, and I will never dare to challenge it, it's that good. It beats the hell out of Samus and tbh, I cry whenever a Peach gets a jab on me, because I can just see 30% stack up in about five seconds, it's not pretty at ALL. Also, glide toss OoS works VERY well for getting in, you can abuse the lag from our missiles to get in, and quickly rack up.

Your float game, whilst I admit is amazing, it's torn apart by zair. It really is. Your air dodge is diabolical beyond words and you will have a tough time staying airborne with zair poking it's way in and out (lol). We can simply fire off a charge shot while your floating, and it beats out all your air moves (I lol'd when I saw nair > CS, I've tested it, it really does not beat it) so everytime you go into the air, as Xyro said, you could well be eating 26%, and the chance of death (Samus can ACTUALLY kill in this MU). If you attempt to follow us off stage for a gimp, or decide to stay off stage after being sent there, just begin to cry and know that you ain't coming back. Samus is the queen of the edge, zair and missles keep you off for more then enough time, and a simple retether will stop your umbrella hitting us and allowing you to grab the edge, your recovery, whilst it is very nice horizontally, it's extremely predictable vertically, and this is where dair is a god send. Bombs allow us to stall until the time is right, then bai bai.

Now onto both of our fears, Killing. We are both diabolically bad at killing, and it shows in literally every MU, even freaking Jigglypuff!, but in this MU, neither of us have to worry about the opponent killing earlier. A Samus will attempt to view your playstyle and judge accordingly to decide which of her kill moves (CS, Dtilt, Utilt, Fsmash, Bair) we shall attempt to hit you with. If your spacing is not up to par, Dtilt OoS will end you as soon as attempt to attack us, it has BEAUTIFUL range, and since your so floaty, your not living past 130 with good DI. Bair is a really slow, but strong killer, our bair is the "surprise KO move", just like sweet spotted Usmash or tennis racket is yours. Utilt is a great edgeguarder thanks to it's strange disjoint and incredible range. Fsmash can be used in one of our semi frame traps for a quick ender, especially when tilted upwards, ending your stock around 120-130. The frame traps we have on you, or semi frame traps as I like to call them (extremely small window to escape) consist of; Fast falled uair > fsmash, jab, dtilt, ftilt, upb, nair, CS. Jab is by far the safest for us to use, but we can always mix it up, if you have seen us do perhaps a uair to fsmash and know that you can jump out of it, we will use a uair and jump with you, proceeding to charge shot you into oblivion.

In my personal experience, it's always best for a Samus to take Peach to Battlefield. Despite it being our best stage, we actually have some very interesting stuff on floaties here. Uair chains are gorgeous on Peach's since our Uair comes out on frame 5, far quicker then your dair, we can proceed to grab loads of damage on you, then finish it with an UpB (we are literally safe if we miss, we land on the top platform). We can platform missile cancel here, giving us an easier time to rack up the damage, and avoid your dairs with them since luckily, Samus' head doesn't stick out above the platforms. We can zair through the stage safely and go past THE HALF WAY POINT of Battlefield. Giving us plenty of options to mix up. If we nair you whilst your shielding on a platform, you will fall off, and it's a free Charge shot/dtilt for us.

Oh and if you want a ratio, then 50-50, but I really do hate ratios.

I hope that shed some light on things.

You can also find a writeup from Xyro over in the Samus Log Book :3.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Lol I'm glad you both like it xD (although I imagine Xyro won't like it from Samus' point of view :p)

The reason its essential in the Samus match up is because 1. Samus will be moving about in the air a lot so you can use the Turnip to place an obstacle as she's landing and 2. all of Samus' ground attacks have very noticeable lag on the end of them. All her smashes minus Up Smash have a single 'hit' and once thats gone, you can punish her (Up Smash has ending lag as well though). Her Tilts are harder to punish because they finish quicker. Heck, even her Jab has ending lag and she sticks her great big arm cannon out right at the end

The problem is that unless Samus is in-your-face-close to Peach (which she won't be because she'll be keeping her distance as much as possible), nothing Peach can do has the speed or range OoS (maybe Dash Attack) which is why you need a Turnip because you eliminate shield drop lag whilst throwing a projectile which has range. Even better, you're moving towards Samus so if the Turnip connects, you can either try and hit her with something else with the hitstun you get off the Turnip or pressurise her shield. If things really don't work out, you can run away and pull up another Turnip

...I think thats right anyway :x its getting quite late over here...

Purple

Hi guys!
Yay, now we need to summarize the does and don't and we're done. is everyone okay with what killerjawz said along with xyro and rickerdy?

White-Peach

Smash Ace
So u admit that you STILL get hit with the CS. Good we are on the same page.

Lets get real.

instafloat SDI into a ground tech and survive

or

SDI

Sorry but mine is a hell of a lot easier to do than yours which means ill be pulling it off alot more than your instanfloat garbage. please, get real.
I was clearing up fallacies in your statement. Peach's NAir can outprioritize a full charged CS. Fact. You can SDI the UAir combo, but it wont save you because we can follow you. Fact.

As far as the instafloat SDI groundtech. That was basically to put your statement in reference. "SDI saves me from DAir/UAir strings" and I followed with "I can SDI out of an instafloat and tech the ground and never die" for the lulz (upping the ante in someone else's game is fun.) It was sarcasm, which is why I said your (and my) SDI isn't perfect. You took it too seriously. That being said, I do groundtech a lot while instafloating as an old melee crouch-cancelling habit that now has a similar feel to taking a hit while performing an UAir string. The fingers go through the same motion, left index tries to tech, while the thumb is down (and alternating with neutral position) when performing the UAir string. The instafloat SDI groundtech is built in! :D

Lighten up :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom