• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Zero Project - Now Community-based!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Okay, as most of you knew, me, along with a few other people, had started working on Zero, a few months ago. A lot of you kept asking me how the project was going, and I have now decided to make it a community-based project. Why? Because none of us were really working on it anymore, and we wouldn't be finished anyway.

So, this means that ANY of you can post anything related to Zero, so we can fully make him playable.

Here is what we need done, for the moment:

- Fix the current model (Materials, etc.)
- Make the animations
- Make the PSA

What we have done:

- Imported Model that goes on Link (Will probably be changed to another character, maybe Olimar, or ROB.
- Alternate textures (Black Zero, Zero Virus/Nightmare and Mega Man X are done. Mega Man X still needs the vertex hack.)
- A few animations

Here are the textures that are going to be in the package:

Black Zero (Black/Dark Link)

Zero Virus (White Link)

Omega Zero (Orange Link)

Mega Man Zero Zero (Alternate model, in 3ds format) (Orange Link, either this or Omega Zero)

Mega Man X (Blue Link)

Harpuia (Green/Original Link)

Original Zero will be on Red Link, obviously.

The download that is here is a bit messy and not organized, but you will pretty much understand what is inside. It contains the textures that were made, the model, the Mega Man Zero model, in 3ds format, animations, and so on.

Here's the download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=7623&Moderated=All

Anyway, if you really want Zero to be in Brawl, then please help all of us by working on this.

I'm not really good at making posts like this, so if I'm forgetting anything, please let me know.

Portraits and images:

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I'll try to help out the most I can. Also did you need a stage made for zero I could make one if you wanted. I fully support this project :D thanks again for making it a community project.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Allow me to say this before someone else does.

"It's about ****ING TIME!"

Okay, done. :3 Now this can actually get done. =D

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'll try to help out the most I can. Also did you need a stage made for zero I could make one if you wanted. I fully support this project :D thanks again for making it a community project.
Well, I think we're going to use the stage from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Orbital Rings Systems Cargo Bay. I also had the BRSTM for when he wins a match, but I do not have it anymore. It's when you finish a stage, from Mega Man X4, if I remember correctly. And no problem, feel free to do anything, really.

Allow me to say this before someone else does.

"It's about ****ING TIME!"

Okay, done. :3 Now this can actually get done. =D
Haha, yeah.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
This is going to be my post that tracks my progress and info on the project.

Alrighty then! Here is the latest model file and "PSA":
http://db.tt/odyaCh

I say "PSA" in quotes because there's almost nothing done on it.

The model file is properly resized and I believe has the materials working, but it's far from finished.

Things that need to be done to the model file:

- change Flags of bones h_208L, h_209L, h_214R, and h_215R to be able to be animated (scaled, translated, rotated).
- change the Node Id of all left and right closed fist polygons to h_208L and h_214R, respectively
- change the Node Id of all left Z-Buster polygons to h_209L
- change the Node Id of all left Z-Saber polygons to h_215R
- remove all other hand, Z-Buster, and Z-Saber polygons by either:
------ changing the Node Id of said polygons to an unused, scaleable bone and scaling that bone to a scale of 0
------ OR deleting the polygons outright
- rotate, scale and translate bones h_208L, h_209L, h_214R, and h_215R so that by default Zero's hands are attached normally and he is gripping the Z-Saber properly

IF WE USE LINK AS THE BASE:
- use fortwaffles' bone modder to swap the BoneIndex of W2_Lhand01 and h_205L (W2_Lhand01's bone index, 39, is Link's LHaveN)
- use fortwaffles' bone modder to swap the BoneIndex of R_lleg and h_211R (R_lleg's bone index, 67, is Link's RHaveN)

...Thankfully Link's ThrowN index is already h_204L's index.

Notes I have on Flag Bones: (from RandomTBush)
--Zero's hand bone has "828", or "33C" in hex, which means that "FixedRotation", "FixedScale", "Unk2" and "HasGeometry" are on. One of the bones that are branched from that hand bone has "280", or "118" in hex, which means that it doesn't have "FixedRotation" or "HasGeometry", and has "Unk1", which could be causing problems when animating. Try changing them to match the hand bone's flags. [...] If it means anything, though, the tips of Sonic's fingers (L1stNb, for example) also have "828" as their bone flags, so try setting the extra bones' flags to that number.

Notes I have in general:
For use with Bone Modder:
First bone offset: 9524
Number of bones: 103

Eliminated 18000100 up to Sub action 100.
Still need to eliminate 18000100 in the rest of the subactions.
RunBrake has graphic glitches.

Also, for fun, here was the intended moveset in illustrated form:
http://db.tt/ekB2d0

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
YAY ITS OUT, well atleast source data now i can poke around with these sexy files. and PLEASE some one put him over useless olimar.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Pleeeeeease make a Bass or Bass.EXE costume.

My favorite Megaman character EVER!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
but it would be amazingly awesome!

I personally like Bass.EXE more, capes ftw!

Really nice job with the models! I'm surprised it took this long :p

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
You're right, but I'm not sure if it could be pulled off easily. You wouldn't get a cape, that's for sure.

Thanks, though.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Is that MMZ Model a vertex hack? It reminds me alot of the one I use in Gmod lol

Also, any plans on "rounding" X's shoulder armor?
I'm no good with PSA, but moral support FTW! :D

EDIT: I'll try my hands at the animations btw, though it looks like the hair is gonna give me trouble lol

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, I don't really know, but that model was made a long time ago, and I adjusted it a bit.

As for X, yes, that will be done in the future.

And good luck for the animations. I find the hair to be the best part to animate.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I did have a resized model, but I lost my files. Thankfully I still had the textures and animations (Will upload it soon), and Kurobit had a few files as well.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
well poop, i forgot... my old computer could handle brawlbox this "new" one doesn't have a vga or whatever slot to give it a friggin graphic card, nor and pci slots for a friggin sound card or even to put in a simplistic video card. god dang it! i was really hoping to mess with these files... oh well, all i can do is wait, and if people stilll persist to put it over link, well i'll just put my link project over Toon link.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Ok then, just wanted to know.
I also noticed that the Megaman X model isn't the same one as in the pictures.
Yeah, I had a vertex hack, but I sadly lost it. I managed to get the texture back, though.

well poop, i forgot... my old computer could handle brawlbox this "new" one doesn't have a vga or whatever slot to give it a friggin graphic card, nor and pci slots for a friggin sound card or even to put in a simplistic video card. god dang it! i was really hoping to mess with these files... oh well, all i can do is wait, and if people stilll persist to put it over link, well i'll just put my link project over Toon link.
..what? I barely understood, but that sucks. And we're not 100% sure it's going to be on Link.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
One thing this thread should have is a list of completed animations, just so so when random people try pitching in a little bit, they don't do something that's already been done. Just an idea I guess, though.
Well, people are free of making any animation they want, even if we made them. They could make it better, who knows?

Besides, not a lot was done. Jumping, falling, moving, standing, basically.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I'm in the process of making a banor for this project if any one cares...
also did you guys need the modol for the z-sabor since it is not yet on zero.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Yes Bigshark, Like your Signature. :p

I'm glad this is released, and alot of publicity for it already.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Oh shiznapple!! That's freaken AWESOME!! Someone needs to post a vid of this quick!

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Okay thank you for conferming its going over Link, so now i know i will be putting my Dragon sword weilder link over toon link.

i would attempt to help but, i am rather useless here, this would be a good learning experience for me. but alas i am sort of useless here. hope you do good on the project.

oh yeah i noticed that Mega man the one with the buster cannon on the right arm, is he going to be a costume or a different character?

oxe161

Smash Rookie
Megaman X is right handed, but he looks left handed mainly because ur going right and he shoots from his left. But if he goes left, the sprite flips and shoots from his right. But from the pictures he is right handed. And yea X is going to be a costume for Zero. (i think, check the first post)

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
He should be over Olimar or something, Link is too popular to be replaced, I know I'll be passing if it's on Link

If someone can get him over another character besides Link then I might start helping out on this, all I can really do is animations though

hardcorebrawlhacks

Smash Rookie
Can someone PLZ port this over Olimar or Jigglypuff??? i mean really who cares about them? And everyone wants Link! Plus Shark, can i join this project as a costumes maker/animator/PSA maker ?(idk much PSA but i cud help somes) also im sure i cud fix the model's size and get this project on a good start.

- ShadowSnake (HardcoreBrawlHacks)

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Guys, lets the guys actually doing the project choose who it is going to be over through testing.

Geeze.

Resizing the models is an obvious thing, Brawlification of his textures also has to happen, and you have to figure out how to get rid of the blur on the model, like Volnutt has on his.

I have only one suggestion on the moveset planning: Take moves from X4,5 and 6.

Sure, Most of the moves from TvsC are from X4, but why not?

Ones I can see being usable for consideration are

X4
Hienkyaku
Shippuuga
Rakuhouha
Kuuenbu
Raijingekki

X5
Mikazukizan
Shippu
Hisuisho
Danchien
Denjin
Massenko

X6
Ensuizan
Shoenzan
Rakukojin
Guard Shell

Though that is mainly for aesthetics sake.

D1337

Smash Apprentice
Wow this looks incedible!
I saw the animations for this a while back (I think on ESH)
To know its gone this far is so cool. I saw it on BV and had to download.
The DL for it had ALOT of chr0 files. Do we need those for the moveset to work or did you just happen to leave those in there?

oxe161

Smash Rookie
I don't see the big deal of putting it over Link. Why not get another SD card and have an experimental and official PSA roster? (well unless u can't afford another SD, then my suggestion is useless)

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Its just link is an important character to some (like me) and could not fair to either part with him or consider to get rid of him, i for one could care less now, because toon link is perfect for link anyway. so i am not complaining. (and when i say this, you can put link's files over toon link and there you go, you still have link, just without the grabs.

nin10holmes

Smash Rookie
i can wait for years just to get this XD
but seriously, take your time to make it as epic as possible
RIP Link: He died of an unknown epic project. Poor boy will be missed (especially since hes my main T_T)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'm in the process of making a banor for this project if any one cares...
also did you guys need the modol for the z-sabor since it is not yet on zero.
No, we do not have it yet, but we do have the texture that goes with it.

Yes Bigshark, Like your Signature. :p

I'm glad this is released, and alot of publicity for it already.
Thanks, and yeah.

Oh shiznapple!! That's freaken AWESOME!! Someone needs to post a vid of this quick!
There was already a video (Well, two, actually), since a long time ago. They're on my YouTube account.

Okay thank you for conferming its going over Link, so now i know i will be putting my Dragon sword weilder link over toon link.

i would attempt to help but, i am rather useless here, this would be a good learning experience for me. but alas i am sort of useless here. hope you do good on the project.

oh yeah i noticed that Mega man the one with the buster cannon on the right arm, is he going to be a costume or a different character?
I'm not really sure, I think we'll put him on R.O.B or Olimar instead. And Mega Man X is only an alternate costume, we already have enough work as it is. Thanks, though.

My attempt at a bannor hope you guys like it...
Well, it looks cool, but you're not using the updated model. You can see the textures that are used as the "lines" around Zero. Plus, the font is kind of bad.

He should be over Olimar or something, Link is too popular to be replaced, I know I'll be passing if it's on Link

If someone can get him over another character besides Link then I might start helping out on this, all I can really do is animations though
It might be on Olimar, or R.O.B.

Can someone PLZ port this over Olimar or Jigglypuff??? i mean really who cares about them? And everyone wants Link! Plus Shark, can i join this project as a costumes maker/animator/PSA maker ?(idk much PSA but i cud help somes) also im sure i cud fix the model's size and get this project on a good start.

- ShadowSnake (HardcoreBrawlHacks)
Well, I do care about Olimar, but he's the one I want the least. And sure, as I said, anyone can join.

"Port it over this"
"No, port it over that!"

And, yet again, it begins. >_>
Guys, lets the guys actually doing the project choose who it is going to be over through testing.

Geeze.

Resizing the models is an obvious thing, Brawlification of his textures also has to happen, and you have to figure out how to get rid of the blur on the model, like Volnutt has on his.

I have only one suggestion on the moveset planning: Take moves from X4,5 and 6.

Sure, Most of the moves from TvsC are from X4, but why not?

Ones I can see being usable for consideration are

X4
Hienkyaku
Shippuuga
Rakuhouha
Kuuenbu
Raijingekki

X5
Mikazukizan
Shippu
Hisuisho
Danchien
Denjin
Massenko

X6
Ensuizan
Shoenzan
Rakukojin
Guard Shell

Though that is mainly for aesthetics sake.
We already got rid of the overlay texture that goes around him (Technique used in the game itself) a long time ago. Kurobit had done it for me, by changing the palette and making the real textures not transparent anymore. Also, the moveset is in the package itself, if you were wondering. I also think the textures are fine for the moment. They're not really big, too, so "brawlificate" them would not really turn out well.

Me. Shut up. :p
Wisp is already Jiggs anyways.
Jigglypuff is too awesome, I'm not replacing her.

Wow this looks incedible!
I saw the animations for this a while back (I think on ESH)
To know its gone this far is so cool. I saw it on BV and had to download.
The DL for it had ALOT of chr0 files. Do we need those for the moveset to work or did you just happen to leave those in there?
Thanks, and what chr0 files? o_o

I don't see the big deal of putting it over Link. Why not get another SD card and have an experimental and official PSA roster? (well unless u can't afford another SD, then my suggestion is useless)
Well, I think it's going to be on Olimar or R.O.B.

Its just link is an important character to some (like me) and could not fair to either part with him or consider to get rid of him, i for one could care less now, because toon link is perfect for link anyway. so i am not complaining. (and when i say this, you can put link's files over toon link and there you go, you still have link, just without the grabs.
I myself like Link, but as I keep saying, it might not be on him.

im glad u didnt stop the project, thanks.
No problem.

Also, is your banner a bearded Link? Haha

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Lol. Thanks, I made it by combining the MMZ Model and Kirby. Took just a few seconds, then I blurred around it and added the background and name.

nin10holmes

Smash Rookie
@BSZ
i would say how i made mine but a friend made it for me. he must have been bored XD
i hate replacing link so much but i love having zero even more

Top Bottom