• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Zero Project - Now Community-based!

Dan218

Smash Rookie
If this actually get completed than it will be one of the most complex projects ever devised

IceFlux

Smash Rookie
Noobish question

I just started Brawl hacking a couple days ago, can someone please tell me where to put each of these files. I understand 3 brawl file types period: PAC, PCS, and BRSTM. I have no idea what to do with the others. Can someone show me which files and where to put them to get the basic red MMX Zero playable? I don't care if he has Link's moveset or not. It'll be awesome either way. Do I need Brawlbox for anything? I use Brawl Plus so I have all the stuff on my SD. I love Zero and I don't understand the files, someone please help me out?

I tried putting the only pac file I could find under Link's model, and the pcs file "fitlink01.pcs" in Links "Fighter" folder. I got an EXTREMELY tiny Zero that didn't have any animations. Please help me!

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
I just started Brawl hacking a couple days ago, can someone please tell me where to put each of these files. I understand 3 brawl file types period: PAC, PCS, and BRSTM. I have no idea what to do with the others. Can someone show me which files and where to put them to get the basic red MMX Zero playable? I don't care if he has Link's moveset or not. It'll be awesome either way. Do I need Brawlbox for anything? I use Brawl Plus so I have all the stuff on my SD. I love Zero and I don't understand the files, someone please help me out?

I tried putting the only pac file I could find under Link's model, and the pcs file "fitlink01.pcs" in Links "Fighter" folder. I got an EXTREMELY tiny Zero that didn't have any animations. Please help me!
Zero barely has any animations done. The psa is also in the planning phase. Zero is nowhere near playable. Please read up more about this before posting.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Sorry, IceFlux, but the Zero you see in this thread is not playable. It is a work in progress.

On that note, does anyone know the cause of graphical glitching when a character is thrown? I am this close to making Zero work-able, but I have two problems to solve. One is that Zero splatters all over the screen when he is thrown.

Fen__

Smash Ace
On that note, does anyone know the cause of graphical glitching when a character is thrown? I am this close to making Zero work-able, but I have two problems to solve. One is that Zero splatters all over the screen when he is thrown.
If I remember right, it has to do with a special bone related to throwing (which isn't ThrowN), but I don't remember its name. It's a common problem. I'm sure you could ask any of the teams working on an imported character and they could tell you. I'm assuming by "splatters all over the screen" you mean polygons are getting stretched off-screen.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@seventh: we can only use models from certain Wii games.

@Fen: Thanks for the tip; that sounds a lot like what I suspected. Do you know of any teams who have conqured that particular glitch?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
does he have the HipN bone in the proper place? that's usually the problem to your issue. it sounds like he doesn't, but some models still act stupid either way.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
It's the HipN. I think the bone with the same index as the character that you're replacing's HipN has to be named HipN. That fixed the glitch for me, at least.

EDIT: Ninja'd >.>

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thanks guys! That was the problem exactly, and now that it is renamed the problem is gone.

Now I have only one glitch remaining that must be fixed. When Zero RunBrakes, a stretched graphic briefly covers the screen. This is very similar to the glitch caused by the command that orients a character's feet on a slope. I suspect that, hardcoded into the Actions, is this very command... and that would be pretty bad for me.

I'm sure there is a convoluted workaround somewhere, though.

EDIT: Maybe not... using OpenSA2, pretty much the only things there were Action Changes. Maybe there's some bone I can rename that'll magically fix it.

If anyone has any leads on this problem, please let me know.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Thanks guys! That was the problem exactly, and now that it is renamed the problem is gone.

Now I have only one glitch remaining that must be fixed. When Zero RunBrakes, a stretched graphic briefly covers the screen. This is very similar to the glitch caused by the command that orients a character's feet on a slope. I suspect that, hardcoded into the Actions, is this very command... and that would be pretty bad for me.

I'm sure there is a convoluted workaround somewhere, though.

EDIT: Maybe not... using OpenSA2, pretty much the only things there were Action Changes. Maybe there's some bone I can rename that'll magically fix it.

If anyone has any leads on this problem, please let me know.
I kind of want to say that Lloyd had a breaking problem at one point, but my mind may be making things up. Either way, the thread is like 80-ish pages, so it'd be quicker to just PM one of the members instead of searching the thread. I don't remember who fixed the model for them (after RTB fitted it together), though.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey, if Marth can be ported over Link easily, then I might have an idea, but I'm not sure if it will turn out well.

Scratch that, I think Captain Falcon will be better. I plan on vertex hacking him into Zero, but from Mega Man Zero. I love him more than Mega Man X Zero.

Also, great job Eldiran, keep it up. I wish I could help you, but PSA's not my thing.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hey, if Marth can be ported over Link easily, then I might have an idea, but I'm not sure if it will turn out well.

Scratch that, I think Captain Falcon will be better. I plan on vertex hacking him into Zero, but from Mega Man Zero. I love him more than Mega Man X Zero.

Also, great job Eldiran, keep it up. I wish I could help you, but PSA's not my thing.
Ooh, that sounds pretty interesting. Are you planning on putting it over Link?

Thank you, I hope I can get it to work. If you do a good enough job on Falcon, and he can be placed on Link, I might just use that instead :p (no pressure)

@Fen: Thanks, I think I'll go ahead and ask the Lloyders about it.

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
Ooh, that sounds pretty interesting. Are you planning on putting it over Link?

Thank you, I hope I can get it to work. If you do a good enough job on Falcon, and he can be placed on Link, I might just use that instead :p (no pressure)

@Fen: Thanks, I think I'll go ahead and ask the Lloyders about it.
Eldiran, has there been any progress on Zero since you got with the Lloyd developers?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I've been a bum and haven't really done much. However, with the advent of Tabuu comes a whole slew of capabilites I didn't have before. I have to pretty much rethink how I'm going to build Zero's model so I can do it as well as possible and make good use of Tabuu's abilities.

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately I've been a bum and haven't really done much. However, with the advent of Tabuu comes a whole slew of capabilites I didn't have before. I have to pretty much rethink how I'm going to build Zero's model so I can do it as well as possible and make good use of Tabuu's abilities.
Awesome! I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labor. The current version is pretty fun to play, so I can't wait for a newer one with the awesome model. Especially if you get his physics worked out for P:M ;)

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
If you aren't already, I recommend bringing your work to the thread on the KC:MM boards. They have animators and it's looking very dead around here.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
If you aren't already, I recommend bringing your work to the thread on the KC:MM boards. They have animators and it's looking very dead around here.
Well, we kinda have a Zero Project of our own going on, I even started changing BoneRefs on Link to Zero's...-but I can't do it all, as I don't know much about many of the things I can do with Tabuu...

Hikari_no_Kenkyaku

Smash Rookie
Hey, I've seen Zero posted on KC:MM, with a link to this thread, but it doesn't say anything about it being in progress. It seems to infer that it's finished. Just wondering... Is that true, or is it still WIP? And if it is finished, how would I get it to work? I'm kinda noob-ish at this...

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
you just bumped this and i think this might be dead how can a community based project be dead?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Because it's too ambitious at this stage. If there isn't a dedicated team behind it, then who will follow those ambitions?

Top Bottom