• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Zero Project - Now Community-based!

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I mean make a complete set unique from the TvC moveset. The selection was nice and all, but I would prefer less obvious move choices.'

Just to give an example.

B: Z-Buster
Side B: Shippu
Up B: Ensuizan
Down B: (Chargable) Rakuhouha or Massenko

For Rakuhouha at full charge, we have him generate the falling stars from PK Starstorm and have them fan outward at the same time.

Massenko would be similar except he would be surrounded by an explosion like the ones generated by the Bomb Box, and it would send out uncharged buster shots in all directions except for the directions facing the floor, and he has to be on the ground to use it.

Ensuizan is basically what the original Link PSA's Nair is, except as a special and it moves upward.

Shippu would be similar to Sougenmu and Falco's Side B, except the body double is in front of Zero.

Z-Buster is obvious.

nin10holmes

Smash Rookie
i wouldnt put it over ROB, i also like project Volnutt so i put my money (if i had any) on replacing Olimar
i want both cuz im greedy like that :p

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Heya,

If anyone wants some insight on the next technical steps needed, please read this post:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10494447&postcount=5

I would recommend waiting until the listed steps are completed before making animations. It's quite important to note that some of our current animations are not usable because the model has changed, and it's likely this will happen again.

(If anyone wants to have a go at any of the above steps using the file I've posted, please do.)

Personally, I have been focusing on using Link as Zero because he has two editing-friendly projectiles, plenty of graphic effects, the ability to have multiple sword glows, and decent vocals. Jigglypuff is not much of an option, as she lacks any kind of projectile. ROB is questionable -- I'd have to research his projectile and sword glow capabilities.

Also, regarding the moveset discussion, check out my planned moveset here: http://db.tt/ekB2d0

I wouldn't mind some feedback on it, as it is incomplete and still very much prone to change.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Also, regarding the moveset discussion, check out my planned moveset here: http://db.tt/ekB2d0

I wouldn't mind some feedback on it, as it is incomplete and still very much prone to change.
Like I said, less obvious move choices. Ryuenjin is too obvious. I was thinking Denjin or Kuuenbu/ Mikazukizan/ Ensuizan or his Up-B, Denjin is the same as Ryuenjin except its Electric Element. The three spinning techniques would be unique as Up-B specials, or you could use them as the Nair or F-Tilt.

Replace the Side B with Hisuisho if you want it to be an attack, or just keep the Dash.

I think the F-Smash being Raijingekki is too obvious as well. I would suggest Shoenzan.

If I knew of the other techniques from X7 or 8 and how they worked (visually) I would maybe suggest some of those.

Manikku

Smash Rookie
NNID
Manikku
Are you going to use the Megaman Zero model as a base for Harpuia? Because I think Omega Zero would also be a good texture idea for that model. Overall, I'm loving the work on this so far.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Okay I'll try editing it the font (besides the Z) I got from the megaman zero box art. Also I just used the modol eldiran posted for zero. Also deamonboy posted the Z-sabor over the beam sword item so we have the Z-Sabor modol if you wanted it.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Like I said, less obvious move choices.
If the attack fits well, why should it matter if the move choice is obvious or not?
I'm not really sure, I think we'll put him on R.O.B or Olimar instead.
O_o? ROB?
And I can't say I think Olimar is too good of an idea. He's easy to put models over, but he's stupidly hard to get to work properly, at least in my experience.

Also, make sure the ThrowN bone index doesn't end up being Zero's foot or something, unless you want a spontaneously supersized body part every time you shield. XD

nin10holmes

Smash Rookie
its BSZ, he can do this in his sleep XD
besides he also has the community and with everyones powers combined he is captain planet :D

Fen__

Smash Ace
Olimar isn't an option and ROB doesn't seem likely to work either (for the reasons Eldiran already laid out). Don't bother posting who you would love for it to go over in the fictional world you live in where every character works perfectly for every hack unless you actually know the things that need to be considered in choosing a character. Also, people who complain that Link is too special to you, that's just too bad; every character has people that main them or like them for some other reason. Someone has to go, so it hardly matters.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
He should be over Olimar or something, Link is too popular to be replaced, I know I'll be passing if it's on Link

If someone can get him over another character besides Link then I might start helping out on this, all I can really do is animations though
*coughrenamelinksfilestotoonlinksandyougetanalmostperfectportoflinkovertoonlinkcough*

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, I do not want to remove Link either, isn't there another idea of a character that would be easy to edit in PSA? Besides, I do not want Link with Toon Link's voice either. Gross. :p

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Trying to find a way to edit a model to be "Bass" like...

Ugh... I am such a novice...

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
Well, I do not want to remove Link either, isn't there another idea of a character that would be easy to edit in PSA? Besides, I do not want Link with Toon Link's voice either. Gross. :p
when you move all of links of files in toonlinks folder and rename the files you get an almost perfect port of link over toonlink and no link will not have toonlinks voice. the voices only play if you fight against links original slot holder

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Oooh, my god. I just had the best idea ever. We won't need to make a new PSA or animation, and keep BOTH Link and Zero, if it works..

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Oooh, my god. I just had the best idea ever. We won't need to make a new PSA or animation, and keep BOTH Link and Zero, if it works..
:O That would be amazing!

All it would need is a Bass outfit/model and I would die of happiness :)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Uh, no, Pokechao. >_>

Well, I can officially say that it worked, but I have to restart all over because I messed up one small detail.

This will take a LONG time to finish. Maybe a week if I work a few hours a day.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Uh, no, Pokechao. >_>

Well, I can officially say that it worked, but I have to restart all over because I messed up one small detail.

This will take a LONG time to finish. Maybe a week if I work a few hours a day.
In the words of alucard
"I'm intrested in this."
good job on whatever it may be...
Are we going to know what it is anytime soon?

Fen__

Smash Ace
I know you like surprises, BSZ, but could you go ahead and say what the idea is since this is community-based?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright, alright. I'm vertex hacking Link to look almost exactly as Zero, by using the new method by mariokart64n. This is very possible, by the way, now that I can see the model. Plus, this will use Eldiran's PSA, so no new animations or anything!

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Alright, alright. I'm vertex hacking Link to look almost exactly as Zero, by using the new method by mariokart64n. This is very possible, by the way, now that I can see the model. Plus, this will use Eldiran's PSA, so no new animations or anything!
??? How may ask is this possible? You mean like the one he did on marth? If you make it a vertex and it looks exactly like zero that'd be pretty sweet. Suggesting megaman X as well... Don't rush yourself.

Revven

FrankerZ
Vertex hacking it just seems to me to be a way to dodge all the work that's supposed to be done with the model itself, which makes me feel unexcited for it. I want it to be authentic, meaning the actual model, not something that's trying to look like Zero. No offense to you BSZ, but, I'd much rather have the model. No one has really finished a character as an imported model and I, personally, would like it if Zero was just finished than leaving it incomplete because people are WHINY about who it replaces.

My word of advice: don't listen to the public when it comes to what character it replaces, go with your schedule for that.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
will it be mmx zero, mmz zero, or both?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Vertex hacking it just seems to me to be a way to dodge all the work that's supposed to be done with the model itself, which makes me feel unexcited for it. I want it to be authentic, meaning the actual model, not something that's trying to look like Zero. No offense to you BSZ, but, I'd much rather have the model. No one has really finished a character as an imported model and I, personally, would like it if Zero was just finished than leaving it incomplete because people are WHINY about who it replaces.

My word of advice: don't listen to the public when it comes to what character it replaces, go with your schedule for that.
What if it looks exactly like Zero, but with Link's animations and Eldiran's PSA? :p

Plus, I never said that animations on Link would never be made.

Have you seen the recent Shinobu Marth vertex hack? It looks like a model import, seriously.

will it be mmx zero, mmz zero, or both?
One thing at a time, please.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
In the words of alucard
"I'm intrested in this."
good job on whatever it may be...
Are we going to know what it is anytime soon?
for some reason this cracked me up. maybe cuz i was just playing castlevania...<_<
anyway, nice to hear link might be able to do battle with zero.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Like I said, less obvious move choices. Ryuenjin is too obvious. I was thinking Denjin or Kuuenbu/ Mikazukizan/ Ensuizan or his Up-B, Denjin is the same as Ryuenjin except its Electric Element. The three spinning techniques would be unique as Up-B specials, or you could use them as the Nair or F-Tilt.

Replace the Side B with Hisuisho if you want it to be an attack, or just keep the Dash.

I think the F-Smash being Raijingekki is too obvious as well. I would suggest Shoenzan.

If I knew of the other techniques from X7 or 8 and how they worked (visually) I would maybe suggest some of those.
Ah, I gotcha. I kinda like them though because they're obvious. I want to make Zero as iconically Zero-like as I can. And, I am the exact same way about X7 and 8 :p Never played 'em, but wish I could so I could check out the techniques.

Sweet! If you can truly make Link look close to Zero, that would be pretty dang awesome. I have to wonder exactly what new capabilities come from this new vertex hacking technique.

This sounds like quite an endeavor, but you've always been great at continually getting stuff done, so take your time on it.

I have some requests for details on the model though -- preferably, both Master Swords could be transformed into Z-Sabers so that Zero can sheathe his Z-Saber into his back. Also, it would be absolutely perfect if the shield on his back became a Z-Buster -- that would allow me to spawn it very easily, without interfering with the current Shield Boomerang. I can move the polygon to a new bone for you if you want. Alternately, you could just edit the hookshot base -- that would work too.

Anyway, when that gets finished, I'm totally revamping the moveset. Optimally, the current Zero moveset would be the "Megaman Zero" version, and the new version would be the X series version.

No rush though -- I'm just impressed this stuff is possible.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks, Eldiran, I'll gladly take your suggestions. So, you want me to make both of his gloves normal arms, and the shield as the Z-Buster?

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Wow maybe Bass wouldn't be too hard to make now.

Can't wait to see the possibilities

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thanks, Eldiran, I'll gladly take your suggestions. So, you want me to make both of his gloves normal arms, and the shield as the Z-Buster?
Yes, I think that would be best. Optimally it would be the shield on his back that would become the Z-Buster, so that I could keep his hand-mounted shield as the Shield Boomerang. That's not a priority though.

Fen__

Smash Ace

I'm going to have to agree with this entirely. No matter how long you spend editing the vertices of Link's model, it's not going to be good as the actual model, which we have available. This just seems like laziness and a missed opportunity. Also, Eldiran expressed when the Zero project first started that he wanted this moveset to be almost entirely separate from his original PSA. Instead, this is basically aiming for a new model for an old moveset, then that moveset getting a revamp eventually. If that's what this project is doing, it doesn't even need its own thread; it could just go in Eldiran's thread and be updated in his Zero post.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to have to agree with this entirely. No matter how long you spend editing the vertices of Link's model, it's not going to be good as the actual model, which we have available. This just seems like laziness and a missed opportunity. Also, Eldiran expressed when the Zero project first started that he wanted this moveset to be almost entirely separate from his original PSA. Instead, this is basically aiming for a new model for an old moveset, then that moveset getting a revamp eventually. If that's what this project is doing, it doesn't even need its own thread; it could just go in Eldiran's thread and be updated in his Zero post.

I think we should wait to see what the vertexed Link looks like, it might actually be pretty close.

But I agree about the moveset. I think it should be almost completely redone and improved.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
All I have to say is The method bigsharkz is using will end up making him look exactly like zero. I must say that the method is simplerer then regular vertex hacking and ends up looking even better. There is a tutorial on how to do it on kc mm if anyone cares.

Top Bottom