• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCQ (Smash Con Queso) 09/18/2010, San Antonio TX (BRING SET UPS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Alamogaming.com
Presents​

Smash Con Queso

Ever wanted videogames with some excellent Mexican cuisine? Now you can enjoy the best of both worlds.

NOTE: FYI I'm not gonna be present for this. I'm leaving Espy in charge, and under him the rest of the San Antonio community. I'm going to be in a medical study, so it's not exactly by choice I can't run this event. I'm dead broke, and it's very important that I do this. So guys, behave, bring setups, and if things go well, you'll have a new place for monthly events.

Find us on:

Facebook
All is Brawl

Where:

Los Primos Blanco
3825 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, TX 78201-3229
(210) 733-1332

Link to Google Maps

What:

Brawl 2v2 @ 2 pm
Brawl 1v1 after 2v2 concludes
Melee 1v1 @ 3 pm
Melee 2v2 after 1v1 concludes

Teams for both games will start on when singles is nearing completion.

All events must have at least 7 entrants or they will be canceled.

Entry Fees and Prizes:

Venue Fee: $5 (waived if you bring a setup i.e. Wii+Brawl and/or TV)

Singles: $10 per player
Teams: $10 per team ($5 per player)

House Rules:

-There'll be lots of delicious Mexican food. I highly recommend everything on the menu, it's delicious. Come hungry, and I guarantee the owner will be happy. If we eat enough, there's a chance we can lower the venue fee.

-Respect the property. No horseplay, loud cursing, etc, especially when other customers are in the store.

-Don't over crowd the tournament area. There's plenty of space in the dining room to chill out between matches. Remember this is flexible.

-Please bring your own controller. It slows down the tournament when people have to share equipment.

Rules:

Brawl Rules:

Starters
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Story
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Castle Siege

Counterpicks
Brinstar
Frigate
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat

Banned
Everything else!

General Rules

1. Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with a 8 minute timer

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
For Game 1 of each set, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Specific rules

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned. You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

For teams, Team Attack is ON and Share Stock is allowed.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Planking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

Ledge Grab Limit Rule(MK only): ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH(assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide).

Stage Gliding Rule (MK only): Due to recent events of M2k vs Meep/Gnes, i have created the Stage Gliding Rule. Metaknight is not allowed to glide under ANY stage more than 2 times in a row. He MUST land an attack in order to be able to reset the the stage glide count.

Melee Rules

-4 Stock
-7 Minute Time Limit
-Items will be set to "OFF"
-For any given tournament set, each Player will be given the option to ban 1 Neutral or Counterpick stage from being played upon.
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a tie, a 1-stock sudden death tiebreaker will be played out.
-The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
-Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
-Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)
Banned in Teams only: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City
Not Banned in Teams: Great Bay
Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutrals:
-Fountain of Dreams
-Pokemon Stadium
-Dream Land
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
-Rainbow Cruise
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Jungle Japes
-Mute City
-Poke Floats
-Corneria
-Brinstar
-Green Greens

We are in dire need of setups. While Nike and JUJ will be providing most of the TVs, remember we are starting from scratch. Bring your Wii's/Gamecubes and I'll waive the door fee if we can use it.

Remember, we need to make a good impression, so let's have a good turnout and keep it classy.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I'm not mexican, so im prolly not going unless they serve koolaid and fried chicken.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
i got this

kyle nike only has 2 tvs, and juj pretty much doesnt go to tournaments now, so if they're providing most of the tvs, we are so screwed lol

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Never mind, I'm going. I thought it was the same date as this concert I'm going to.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'll see if I can make this. If I can, I'll bring a setup.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Just a reminder, and I'm adding this to the OP too:

FYI I'm not gonna be present for this. I'm leaving Espy in charge, and under him the rest of the San Antonio community.

I'm going to be in a medical study, so it's not exactly by choice I can't run this event. I'm dead broke, and it's very important that I do this.

So guys, behave, bring setups, and if things go well, you'll have a new place for monthly events.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Prime, we must work together for rides to this place. It is hella far for us.
Dude, it's not THAT far. o_O;

I could possibly give rides to those in my area, but I gotta see if my car will be fixed by then (it should be!).

@Kyle I can also bring a TV. I hope that it does go well because it would be nice to have a steady venue. It will also help lighten the burden off of those already holding smashfests/tourneys at their houses.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll be definitely heading to this, since I'll be helping to run it.

Let's make this one a good one, SA.
Someone should post this on AiB. Usually get some unknown players from AiB for these kinda things.

Also, I will need several people to help me manage this tournament. I'm pretty sure I can rely on some of you to help out when I'm busy running around and whatnot.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
i'll be there for sure i'll bring a wii plus brawl and melee

edit : im also entering both so i gotta practice my melee again

Editagain: first thing im ordering is a dos xx

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'll be definitely heading to this, since I'll be helping to run it.

Let's make this one a good one, SA.
Someone should post this on AiB. Usually get some unknown players from AiB for these kinda things.

Also, I will need several people to help me manage this tournament. I'm pretty sure I can rely on some of you to help out when I'm busy running around and whatnot.
Suspect is good help, JF said he'll help (he's run big tourneys before, he's got this) and I recommend bring Maaaaaan along since he did a ****** job at San Japan.

Suspect

Smash Hero
1. I'm really not good help haha :/ I half ***. I mean im cool with making sure people are playing their matches, yelling isn't my thing.

2. I won't be there the entire time

3. Even if i can/do make it

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I'll be in austin then, but I'll see who I manage to scrape up to give me a ride. if there's space available, I could bring a setup. but don't count me in 100%.

SA4lyfe!

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
message an admin, be like "change my ****"

and they'll do it, fo free.

i thought i sent you a link how to do it, sooooo slow

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh that blog? I did as the blog instructed. Didn't get a name change.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
it said you needed to login to AiF which you havent done since i dont see it on your profile

and then just send him a message on his profile

did you do what it said? DID YOU?

it doesnt matter since he doesnt do name changes anymore, just ask any admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom