• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCQ (Smash Con Queso) 09/18/2010, San Antonio TX (BRING SET UPS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Because Melee is garbs.
Lolz. Don't worry tofer, I will not be provoked so easily. I'm one of the few melee players that actually gives Brawl some credit, so if he wants to bash my game, let him. Also, I'll bring a Wii+Melee. Probably not a TV though.

Squaw

Smash Rookie
I'm going to this!

I've never participated in any kind of tournament. I've only played with friends, and we are all pretty **** good at it, though we usually never play outside of final destination.

Anybody want to come over for a smash fest?
Not exactly a tournament, and there won't be any prizes...
Just for fun.
We get together a lot and we've been looking for some star players for quite some time now.
no items, 5 stock or 8 minute matches.

LET ME KNOW

Squaw

Smash Rookie
Oh, well it's just for fun...
We don't really play by the rules...
We're rebels.. lol
Yeah, they take long. But they're so FUN!

but we hardly do stock anyway.
8 minutes is good.

So big boss, would you be interested in a match?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lolz. Don't worry tofer, I will not be provoked so easily. I'm one of the few melee players that actually gives Brawl some credit, so if he wants to bash my game, let him. Also, I'll bring a Wii+Melee. Probably not a TV though.
I only bash your trashy game because of how the old Melee community trashed my game when I went to a Melee tournament after Brawl's release. I don't think I'll let that go for some time, so just bear with it.

=====

@Squaw: Go to the San Antonio Brawl Thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11042144

You can discuss fests and whatnot over there.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Espy, I can't help it if a lot of the people in the Melee community are *****, but I'm not, and I thought you weren't as well. You were always cool to me in person.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm alright in person, JF. Always have been. At least I like to think that.

Besides, most people should know that at this point, I'm doing it only jokingly.
At least, the Brawl community + SOS/Kyle knows that.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
I'm alright in person, JF. Always have been. At least I like to think that.

Besides, most people should know that at this point, I'm doing it only jokingly.
At least, the Brawl community + SOS/Kyle knows that.
although what espy says is indeed true. . . could you not put my name next to kyles. . . ewwww glad that / was their to divide. XD

on another note sonic should have totally been in melee. >.> him and wolf would of been fun with cancels wavedashing etc.

Laurel

Smash Ace
if my mom procrastinates in shipping my controller back to me and i get less than a week's worth of practice i'm going to be sad.

inb4usingbigboss'controller, he knows why i don't like to use his :mad:

Laurel

Smash Ace
excuses :p im gonna lend you one :)
then lend me one~ only other one that's here is that ****ed up black one, the gray one is over in cali too. my mom said she's shipping them out today but she'll probably forget like alwaaaaaaaaays

Suspect

Smash Hero
Espy do teams first please.

If singles is starting at 3, teams can start at 1 and be finished by then.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy do teams first please.

If singles is starting at 3, teams can start at 1 and be finished by then.
Why are you asking this?

Of course I'm gonna do teams first. Kyle always did it first, didn't he?
I only don't do it first in town events because we're San Antonio.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Why are you asking this?

Of course I'm gonna do teams first. Kyle always did it first, didn't he?
I only don't do it first in town events because we're San Antonio.
I dont ever remember kyle doing teams first nor SA having much teams tournies, plus it wasn't in the OP so I wasn't going to assume.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@Dojo: Just make her feel worst, why don't you. :p

@Suspect: I don't remember too well myself.
Either way, I'm doing things via Zac's method. Teams first, then Singles.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Can you update the start time for Bawl Doubles and Singles? It's unclear in the OP. I can edit if necessary.
I can't say I agree with it, although teams first has become the new thing. Regardless though, I can say that Alamo Gaming has agreed on a 3 pm start time (the restraunt will still be open at this time. Starting at one would be too close to the lunch rush.)

The restaurant closes at 7 pm, but after that there will be time to finish everything up.

Let me confer with the rest of Alamo Gaming and then I will update accordingly. Teams first is fine, just remember we aren't starting earlier than 3 pm. Which means we will be extra harsh on late people.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
How much "after that" time are we going to have. 4hrs for a tourney sounds horrible.
We're fine until around 11 or 12 midnight. Honestly, no tournament should be running after midnight unless complications arise or someting.

I've updated the OP.

Start time has been changed to 2 pm for Brawl, 3 pm for Melee

Teams will be first for Brawl.

Espy is mostly interested in Brawl, so I will need someone in charge for Melee. JF you said you volunteer?

Melee teams first or singles first?

Vote plz

Personally, I think playing teams first burns me out for singles play, but that's my two cents.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Sure, I guess I can run Melee... I might want some help though. As for what comes first, Singles or Doubles, I'll let the people decide. So post what y'all want. I can't remember what I did for my WtYM tourneys, and idk what the standard is these days anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom