• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rematch - A hypothetical remake discussion.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I've often meant that it has been too few characters for ssb 64, but when I see on the suggestions I'm not so convinced anymore. Bowser and Peach are the most obvious ones, but for some reason I don't think they would fit in 64, even though they do in melee and Brawl.

Maybe sonic and diddy kong but I'm not so sure. Two characters that I like in Brawl are Olimar and Mr. Game and watch, but I am not convinced that they would fit in ssb64.

But more stages and some regulations as ness better recovery, Kirby utilt nerf, and DK birthday would be perfect as an extra spice on the well made steak.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I think Bowser would fit in ok but I'm not entirely sure on Peach, though I'd much prefer her to Zelda. Sonic would work really well but he'd have to be done completely differently to his Brawl version to do so. Diddy seems unlikely to work out and Olimar definitely wouldn't. Plus pikmin would likely lag the game something awful.

I've been waiting for someone to sugest Mr.G&W as he's so much fun in Melee but you make a point. He wouldn't fit in but, in a way, his not fitting in is what makes him so great in Melee. The question is, would that work the same in SSB64? At this stage there's no way of knowing.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
marth in 64 would be so broken

since lots of characters' average hitbox radius got lowered in the transition to melee, I can't even imagine how freaking long marth's sword would be...probably the same length as dk lol

Battlecow

Play to Win
First of all, it's "Aerial," just so you know. Second of all, Pika already has b-day hats, although DK would look good if they were added. Hector and matthew weren't really suggestions; I was answering the question "Who would you like to see..." instead of "Who would fit in..." or "Who would people like in..."

I'd enjoy them, but they're a bad idea.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I wanna see DK's downB actually do something in the air
Yeah good point.

BTW I'm not trolling about the DK birthday hat if anyone thinks so. I'm dead serious. It would be so cool. But more playable stages is the most important thing if it was a remake.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
First of all, it's "Aerial," just so you know.
I hate english.

Second of all, Pika already has b-day hats
It appears you might be right about what his hats are intended to be but the apearance of that hat in Melee suggests that it is infact a wizard hat so I can't really be sure.

BTW I'm not trolling about the DK birthday hat if anyone thinks so. I'm dead serious.
Seeing as a remake would undoubtably be on a more recent console, why not give Pikachu his Melee hats and make it so that everyone has a birthday one on the 21st of January, 26th of April or 19th of November, depending upon the game's region?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Glad you like it. Captain Famicom suit for Falcon's?

EDIT: Also, is anyone actually in favour of any of the following suggestions? If so, please explain why, if not, they're coming off the list.

King Dedede
Zelda
Wario
Lucas
Young Link
Simon Belmont

Wario Ware Inc.
Castle Seige

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Glad you like it. Captain Famicom suit for Falcon's?

EDIT: Also, is anyone actually in favour of any of the following suggestions? If so, please explain why, if not, they're coming off the list.

King Dedede
Zelda
Wario
Lucas
Young Link
Simon Belmont

Wario Ware Inc.
Castle Seige
I'm in favour of Dedede. He is old enough, would fit into Smash 64 reasonably well and was originally intended to be playable (iirc).

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Name: Pikachu
Stage: Saffron City
Costumes:
P1 - Normal
P2 - Ash Cap
P3 - (?)(Another hat)
P4 - (?)(Yet another hat)
Party - Birthday Pikachu Hat
Specials
^B - Quick Attack (Works like before but both halves cover slightly less distance and there is a small pause in between for "gimping")
0B - Shock (Works as before)
vB - Thunder (Works as before)
Air Moves
^a - Forward Flip Tail Attack (Works as before)
0a - Basic Kick (Works as before)
<a - Two Hit Back Kick (Works as before)
>a - Forward Electric Drill Headbutt (Works as before)
va - Lesser Downwards Electric Drill Headbutt (Works as before)
Ground Moves
^a - Upward Tail Attack (Works like before but will be less broken after the planned hitbox redux)
0a - Repeatable Head Jab (Works as before)
</>a - Twin Back Kick (Works as before)
va - Low Tail Spin (Works as before)
^A - Backflip Kick (Works as before)
</>A - Short Range Zap (Works as before)
vA - Handplant Spin Kick (Works as before)
>>A - Lunging Headbutt (Works as before)
Throws
[R] - Grab (Works as before)
>R - Foward Flip Throw (Works as before)
<R - On Back Zap Toss (Works as before)
Ledge Moves
0 - Strong Kick (Works as before)
Miscellaneous Fixes
None

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
omfg, that final boss from kirby and the crystal shards would be an awesome new master hand type boss for single player mode.

Just saying. Master hand is getting rly old

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Lol sure why not.

Smash64 is a culmination of different game. Why are there no stages specific to falcon and ness even though there are two dedicated to the mario brothers?

There are other aspect of smash that favor specific characters/series, so why cant a boss be from a particular series?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the bosses from the other smash games are not smash related. They come from their own franchises.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Notice how Giga Bowser is actually visibly different from Bowser? Also how he is not classified as a mario character in Melee? And how he has his own trophy?

Contrast to Giant DK who is just... a giant DK.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Why should a Kirby boss be the final boss for Smash?
I think you'll find we have one already. Not that I'm condoning the stealling of Kirby bosses though as that was a different situation entirely.

I would like to see GalactaKnight totally own MK in the next game though.

That's like saying that Bowser is getting old and should be replaced by Ganon in the next Mario game.
Lol no, it's gannon who's getting old. Replace him with bowser and I'd start playing LoZ games again.

That's not a serious suggestion though.

Why are there no stages specific to falcon and ness even though there are two dedicated to the mario brothers?
I suggested Big Blue and Onett as candidates to rectify this already.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I say there should be a special boss much like metal mario in ssb64.

it doesn't have to be metal mario, but something special, while being not too special.

also, for the love of god bring back board the platforms.

and make break the targets challenging again, seriously brawl, were you even trying?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Name: Jigglypuff
Stage: Pokemon Stadium (?)
Costumes:
P1 - Normal
P2 - Red Bow
P3 - Blue Bow
P4 - Green Bow
Party - (?)
Specials
^B - Sing (Works as before)
0B - Pound (Works as before)
vB - Rest (Works as before)
Air Moves
^a - Reach Upward (Works as before)
0a - Basic Kick (Works as before)
<a - Back Spin Kick (Works as before)
>a - Forward Twin Kick (Works as before)
va - Downwards Drill Kick (Works as before)
Ground Moves
^a - Upward Back Kick (Works like before but will be less broken after the planned hitbox redux)
0a - Two Hit Punch Combo with Acompanying Back Kicks (Works as before)
</>a - Forward Spin Kick (Works as before)
va - Low Foot Extension Kick (Works as before)
^A - Upward Headbutt (Works as before)
</>A - Lunge Kick (Works as before)
vA - Splits (Works as before)
>>A - Halting Handstand (Works as before)
Throws
[R] - Grab (Works as before)
>R - Upward Spin Toss (Works as before)
<R - Backward Overhead Throw (Works as before)
Ledge Moves
0 - Flip Kick (Works as before)
Miscellaneous Fixes
None

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yes, I'm just saying that he can technically be considered a Kirby boss too.

EDIT: Updated suggestions list:

Characters:
Bowser
Mewtwo
King Dedede (not sure if he'd work or not)
Pit (maybe but with a different Up B please)
Peach
Meowth (seems crazy but could work)
Megaman
Metaknight (stop whining about him people, they nerfed Kirby in the later games and they could easyly do the same to MK)
Marth
Sonic (he'd need a lot of work to fit in)

Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville (don't see any reason why not)
Onett
Big Blue
Realm of Nothingness*
Twilight Town*
Castle Oblivion*
Forest Temple*
Flying Battery Zone*
Gravityman's Domain
Yoshi's Story melee (eww.)
Pokemon Stadium 1 (seems fitting)
Fountain of Dreams (a bit bland)

Other Additions:
Ness recovery upgrade
Minor recovery aspect to Yoshi's UpB
Birthday hats for all on original release dates
Ariel grabs (seems broken)
Ariel tether grabs (may be workable)
Tether grabs only at certain distance
Kirby Utilt nerf

* Please give opinions on these stages. Were they just one person talking rubbish or might they actually work?

EDIT 2 (yeah, I'm bored):
omfg, that final boss from kirby and the crystal shards would be an awesome new master hand type boss for single player mode.
MH is awesome and should never have been replaced by Tabuu.

I can agree that Zero2 would be a good boss but he should be nothing more than Petey Piranha and Ridley were though and definitely not part of SSB64.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Sorry, I forgot to take that bit out. Dedede is a possibility, depending mostly on whether SSB64 can handle a heavyweight who floats like Kirby or not. Really though, I'd add Bowser over Dedede any day.

EDIT: updated the list post.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Nobody knows about Tales of Phantasia, even if it is absolutely amazing.

He has enough moves, but popularity would dictate that a Symphonia character would get in, even if it wasn't released before the first smash game.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
We could compromise and have someone like Efreet, Undine or Celcius (Celcius being the most popular summon by a long way in official polls) but I'm not convinced that would work out either.

Dhaos maybe, seeing as anyone who knows anything about Tales games knows him right?

EDIT: And how did you get that N64 logo by the way?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
MH was "inspired by" a Kirby boss and then cameoed in the same game series. He's almost as much a Kirby character as he is a Smash one but his importance in the Smash universe is far greater.

EDIT: can we get back to the main topic now?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Ok, back on topic, how would you feel about Kirby having the ability to start the match with a hat by hoving over the desired character when leaving the selection screen? The hat could be from any character but could not be reobtained when lost unless that character was in the match and swallowed normally.

The Tycon

Smash Apprentice
Ok, back on topic, how would you feel about Kirby having the ability to start the match with a hat by hoving over the desired character when leaving the selection screen? The hat could be from any character but could not be reobtained when lost unless that character was in the match and swallowed normally.
Well, it should come back once kirby dies because, if it didn't, it would be kind of dumb/worthless.

Top Bottom