• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D&D Mafia -- Game over! Mafia wins!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Tandora:

Nabe said:
Just a flavour question: is Chaotic Good a likely alignment for a mafiate, in any way? What are the chances that the mod wrote in, say, a Chaotic Good mafiate, a Lawful Evil townie, that sort of thing that we'd scratch our heads a bit over?
This was too specific to be coincidental.

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
All was quiet
throughout the house,
not a peep or squeak
even from the mouse.

Except for Summoner,
who was raging.
All sat in awe and thought
his outrage was engaging.

He was tired, poor thing
up for hour upon hour
without a wink of solid sleep
and now his mood was quite sour.

See, little SummonerAU
was the local baby gamer
sweet as a wink, quite cute in pink,
but everyone wished he'd be tamer

because now he was disrupting the game
and the DM was growing quite mad
glaring at his parents,
they knew s/he weren't glad.

Better run off to put Summoner to bed,
Be right back, ten minute break.
And then, and then! We roll
initiative to fight the drake!

SummonerAU, the town Dwarf Dwarven Defender Protector has been lynched!

~~~

12. SummonerAU -(7)- Toastin Walrus, th3kuzinator, Cello, smargaret, Tandora, Ryunnosuke, Delvro

10. Ryunnosuke -(2)- Nabe, Dark Horse

1. Cello_Marl -(1)- Rockin

7. Tandora -(1)- SummonerAU

2. Nabe -(0)-

3. Dark Horse -(0)-

4. frozenflame751 -(0)-

5. Delvro -(0)-

6. smargaret -(0)-

9. th3kuzinator -(0)-

11. Rockin -(0)-

13. Toastin Walrus -(0)-

a) Night will last 48 hours.
b) All actions must be sent to this account, McMaymays.
c) We will not come digging for actions. If you do not send in the action by the deadline, then it will not occur. This goes for ALL actions.
d) If anyone posts at night they will be modkilled. (In case of obvious ninjas, this rule will not take effect.)

A deadline has been set for 2:45am (Eastern time), Monday, December 6th!

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
The break was over, and the group back together. They were sitting back in place, complacent, busily murmuring amongst themselves. Except for one who stood apart from the group. He stood, McDonald's bag in hand, staring.

Staring.

Staring.

Staring...

One gamer noticed Toastin Walrus staring at him. "Can I, uh, help you?"

The creeper said nothing; instead he stared, McDonald's bag tightly gripped in hand.

Slowly the rest of the group turned to stare back. There was silence. "Who invited this guy?" one brave person whispered. Everyone shrugged their shoulders and shook their heads.

"Was it you?"

Toastin Walrus continued to stare.

"No... wasn't me..."

And stare.

"I thought you knew him?"

And stare.

"No, I don't. I don't lay claim to THAT guy."

And stare.

"So, like, no one knows him?" The DM scratched her/his head. No one laid claimed. "Is something wrong?" She/he asked Toastin Walrus.

"He's in my seat," Toastin Walrus croaked while pointing to the offender.

"Uhm, listen... can we, uh, talk in the side room... privately just for a sec?" The DM asked, and slowly guided Toastin Walrus away.

Toastin Walrus, Town Halfing Ghost Walker Medium has exited the building!

(The DM asked him very, very, very, very, VERY politely to leave.)

Day 3 has begun! Deadline is set for Dec 16th, 12:15am EST! It takes six to lynch!

1. Cello_Marl -(0)-

2. Nabe -(0)-

3. Dark Horse -(0)-

4. Frozenflame751 -(0)-

5. Delvro -(0)-

6. smargaret -(0)-

7. Tandora -(0)-

9. th3kuzinator -(0)-

10. Ryunnosuke -(0)-

11. Rockin -(0)-

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Vote Smarg

Well I though at first J could be scum and that turned out false.

So that left a Smarg/TW alliance...and now TW is dead.

Stop deceiving Cello.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Tandora, since you're here, thoughts on Summer flip? You were the one that brought up the alignment disparity/ expected cleric thing.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Oh, you're already gone. Oh well. Would liked to have seen your thoughts on the lynch/nightkill.

Anyway, looking at the votes on Summoner, I'm pretty conflicted with the turn of events. How much did mafia nudge this lynch, if at all? Looking back, it was kind of moronic to lynch an un-countered doc. Le sigh.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Tandora, since you're here, thoughts on Summer flip? You were the one that brought up the alignment disparity/ expected cleric thing.
I think this proves that we cannot depend on flavor. Period. Probably won't be able to stop myself from trying to use flavor, but we know we can NOT expect knowledge of the game to give us a good edge.

Oh, you're already gone. Oh well. Would liked to have seen your thoughts on the lynch/nightkill.

Anyway, looking at the votes on Summoner, I'm pretty conflicted with the turn of events. How much did mafia nudge this lynch, if at all? Looking back, it was kind of moronic to lynch an un-countered doc. Le sigh.
I was working on a post, but closed the tab by accident. Got frustrated and decided to just watch Lost some more. >_<

I sense there were at least two mafia on the lynch. We should be able to compare the two lynches to help find who was scum from voting patterns.

If Summoner had been fake claiming doc for any reason, the real one would not have revealed himself on D2. It's just too much risk when a good wagon was going on the guy in question.

Although I hate losing the doctor, Summoner was probably a pro-town lynch regardless. Some players are too distracting to leave alive. We're gonna have to be a lot more careful now without a doctor. I think claiming is going to have to be very, very carefully monitored.

Cello, what was your thoughts on pushing a Summoner lynch but also telling him to keep you alive? What were your reasons for pushing for a claimed doctor?

Delvro, why did you use red when you unvoted?

Smarg, do you still worry Cello may be third party?

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Kuz - How could I be on a scumteam with TW if TW was town?

Tandora - I'm worried that nobody is considering the possibility, but I don't think that now is the right time to look into it - I'm much more interested in the Summoner wagon, particularly in the start of it and the way Cello pushed it.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Right, so, I blame myself for lynching Summoner. There was No Kill on Night 1. We KNEW there was a doctor. But we went ahead for the lynch. I don't know what I was thinking.

But, Nabe, Tanny and Ryu went along with it. Ryu going along with it is especially inconsistent; the person that he wants to lynch goes after the claimed doctor, and yet he goes ahead and jumps on the wagon? No.

Vote Ryu

smargaret, I'm not independent. Even if I were, then look into it after we've killed the mafia when he have an extra lynch available. Lynch scum, it's how we win.

Lynch Ryu, I'm not a lyncher, if I were it wouldn't matter and would get you to an odd number again, and kill scum.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I have an important announcement to make.

I'm a one-shot recruiter. I had recruited TW.

Before he died, he told me to post this:

Toastin Walrus said:
Herein lie the last words of Toastin' Walrus.

To my beloved Dark Horse, I bequeath my knowledge of who scum are. That's Cello, and Ryu.

To my nemesis Cello, I leave a noose, a pair of handcuffs and a light savoury snack of his choosing.

Gazing deep into his Crystal Ball Swiss has a revelation, he seen some townies, green as the summer grass, so green Gboy tried to smoke them. Delvro, Tandora, Dark Horse and Smar – you are my chosen. Go forth to LyLo! Rockin can jump around with them, and Kuz.

p.s. Cello got doc outed and dead JUST LIKE I GOD**** SAID HE WOULD.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Cello, wasn't Nabe on your definitely town list yesterday? What are you suggesting?

Why shouldn't I take DH's claim/post at face value and vote you now?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dear lord Tan's 851 reeks of scum like TW's player/role likely reeks of grease and sweat.

Cello's choices in 853 are pretty legit I could get behind those. Need to do some more background checking before I decide though.

Dark Horse that **** might be dangerous to quote like that. Not sure how the mods might interpret that type of quoting insofar as role related abilities are concerned, but **** man, be careful whenever you think direct quoting anything not in the public game forum is ok. Would not be surprised if a mod modkilled you over doing something like that.

In any event, willing to take the claim at face value atm. Let's not just play straight up follow the dead people though since Cello is like 20000 leagues under the sea away from the play.

Apologies again for my ****ty, sporadic, distinctly piss poor performance thus far. Hard time getting into the swing of things in this game.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Oh, I wasn't choosing those people. Just Ryu. And you Frozen. I just don't know who the third is.

But if you agree with me, put your vote on Ryu.

@smargaret: Because.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@smargaret: I believe Dark Horse. The style of the post is not DH's, and I doubt he could emulate TW so clearly. Dark Horse, Delvro, you and me are town. You should believe I'm town because I am. You should believe Ryu is scum because he is. You should vote for Ryu because he is scum. You should not vote for me because I am town.

Ryunnosuke

Smash Rookie
@Delvro I agree.

@Cello I clearly stated that I was fine with a Frozenflame OR Summoner lynch, but that I didn't want to vote Summoner since he had Doc claimed and FF was safer. As I recall, you were the one that really pushed that wagon, despite the claim, particularly because it was either that or no lynch.

@Dark Horse Do you believe TW's analysis? I'm wondering since you hadn't voted on either of us.

vote Cello

I'm voting this guy. He's gotten two of us killed, and a vote for him is perhaps backed by TW.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Cello I clearly stated that I was fine with a Frozenflame OR Summoner lynch, but that I didn't want to vote Summoner since he had Doc claimed and FF was safer. As I recall, you were the one that really pushed that wagon, despite the claim, particularly because it was either that or no lynch.
Why was lynching an un-CC'd doctor more important than getting a lynch when there was an even number of players? Why didn't you bring up that specific point, that he was un-CC'd? I took Nabe's Lawful Evil alignment claim as a CC, but clearly no one else did.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Nabe, Frozen, Ryu or Rockin, Frozen, Ryu...I wanna believe in Rockin, but I can't say that for certain right now.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I need to get ready to go to work now, but I'm saying this right now, we aren't going to even consider anyone other than myself or Ryu for lynch toDay.

Also, Dark Horse, I'm going to ask a favor of you. Trust me. Just this once. There's a time in every relationship where a person gets to say, "I need to do this for me".

I need you to do this for me.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmmm alright Ryunnosuke wagon seems pretty legit.

Vote: Ryunnosuke

Might not stay there for too long I gotta look into some other stuff. Like dis group:

smargaret, Tandora, Ryunnosuke, Delvro

Delvro lookin' mad ****ty being on both mislynches. Smarg too, same deal.

Tandora and Ryuu showin' dat scum by hoppin' on late on the claimed doc mislynch. lol u guyz.

You're not looking too spiffy yourself there Cello sittin' fine and dandy on 2 mislynches as well. I'm mean you're town as **** but c'mon why so confident when you can't hit scum for **** this game? Don't act like you're the boss when you've been bankrupting us all game.

Like seriously I buy it that you're town but dude how the **** are you clearing Smarg and Delvro? Get off your high horse and start giving me some substantiation because incase you didn't realize, you rode your horse into a tar pit days ago and you're sinking with it fast. I'm willing to pull you out and be best buds but you gotta stop barking orders at us like you're still in the driver seat when in reality you just have a **** scumdar this game.

Anyone wanna direct me to this Nabe Lawful Evil claim? How exactly did he get away with that especially if the competing lynch was an UN CC'd DOC?!

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Right, so, I blame myself for lynching Summoner. There was No Kill on Night 1. We KNEW there was a doctor. But we went ahead for the lynch. I don't know what I was thinking.

But, Nabe, Tanny and Ryu went along with it. Ryu going along with it is especially inconsistent; the person that he wants to lynch goes after the claimed doctor, and yet he goes ahead and jumps on the wagon? No.

Vote Ryu

smargaret, I'm not independent. Even if I were, then look into it after we've killed the mafia when he have an extra lynch available. Lynch scum, it's how we win.

Lynch Ryu, I'm not a lyncher, if I were it wouldn't matter and would get you to an odd number again, and kill scum.
First, I seem to recall a few other people on that lynch wagon.

Second, I had agreed that if you could prove you were town to follow you until you missed scum. You gave pretty compelling arguments on proving your role. Although I doubted you at first on your claim, I ultimately decided you were telling the truth about it.

Third, Summoner just has a scummy playstyle. I've voted for people before who my gut feeling said was town but their play showed scum. Heck, I've helped lynch people at the zero hour who I thought was town because we needed a lynch and I had to admit they needed to go. If you keep coming back to the same player over and over not convinced if their alignment because their style is scummy, we lose a lot of time arguing over it. I hate losing doc, but I'm glad we don't have to worry about Summoner's role closer to lylo.

Fourth, we were running out of time and someone needed to go. Sorry, but I'm not going to apologize for preventing a no lynch.

Fifth, regardless who we lynch, assuming there's a NK, it's gonna stay even for voting purposes.

Ryunnosuke

Smash Rookie
Orwolon groaned under the strain of the pack of treasure the party had looted from the drake's nest. With a wistful look at the two graves near the cave entrance, she sighed heavily. It's always tough on Orwolon when the tank dies; being one of the stronger members, its her duty to carry the equipment. Her own heavy armor weighing her down already, Orw trudged after the rest of the group.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Anyone wanna direct me to this Nabe Lawful Evil claim? How exactly did he get away with that especially if the competing lynch was an UN CC'd DOC?!
Cello's post 842 explains it best. I had already asked about this and the response is on this page, FF, so you skimming?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
*completely dead @ Tandora asking if I'm skimming when I've pretty much blatantly admitted to skimming, as if asking to be pointed to where a claim happened isn't evidence enough*

Thanks for pointing me to it though.

Delvro

Smash Ace

Dark Horse, a very interesting post. But I'm about 95% sure today after Tandora's super scum assessment that Tandora is scum. Sorry.

Vote: Tandora

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling

12. Do not quote logs of communication with other players.
Dark Horse, Town Warforged Mastermind Recruiter, has been modkilled.

Night three begins! Please send your actions to us by 12/8/2010, 11:15am EST!

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
"And with that, the purple wyrm is slain! Woo! Good job gang!"

"Wooow... I can't believe we beat a purple wyrm at our level. I thought that was a party wipe for sure!" The rest of the gang grinned and mused along, except for one.

Frozenflame sat, chest puffed out, chin high up. "It was all MY doing," he thought smugly; he surely had the best character here. He could surely pvp any of these other joes.

"What shall you adventurers do now?"

"I say we travel deeper into the dungeon! Birrindus, will you kindly lead the way?"

"And what better adventurer than I to take the lead!" Frozenflame proclaimed! He was, afterall, party leader, and rightfully so.

"Okay, so you're gonna lead the way. Alright, I need a reflex check from you."

A clunk and tink of a die later... "That'll be... 63 ."

The DM double took. And triple took. Maybe even quadruple took. "What'd you say?"

"63."

"63?"

"Yes, that's right. 63."

"How are you getting that number? You guys are only level 10," The DM quizzed, confused.

"He's been getting numbers like that all night, dude/tte." Another piped up.

"Yeah. Well. Yanno what? There were only like... 30 of you people in here just an hour ago! Gimme yer character sheet... I gotta see it..." The DM ripped Frozenflame's character sheet from his grasp.

(Min maxers. You know them when you see them.)

"Wtf! Dude, I told you not to make an anthopormorphic whale!"

"I'm not. I'm a lion."

The DM fumed, rightfully so! Min maxers... you know what they do to this game? THEY RUIN IT. With their cold, heartless, unrightfully will to destroy the game by making the most power character in all of history, yes, that's right, they ruined games. They are RUINERS. But the DM had no power to say this, s/he just FUMED.

"I ... told... you... not... to... min... max..." The DM finally sputtered.

"I didn't try to," Frozenflame replied, indigninant. He crossed his arms in an act of defiance and turned away. "It just... came together that way."

The DM tore apart Frozenflame's character sheet. That'll learn him! "ROCKS FALL. YOU DIE. Get outta my game you ruiner! You're banned!"

Frozenflame gasped, shocked. "Fine, I don't wanna BE in your crappy game! You can't appreciate the beauty of my character! Hmph! But I want the pieces of my character sheet back; that has by far been the best character I've ever made."

With that, Frozenflame, Town Anthopormophic Lion Divine Emassary Law Enforcement Agent (Cop) has stormed out of the group!

Day 4 begins! With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

Cello_Marl -(0)-

Nabe -(0)-

Delvro -(0)-

smargaret -(0)-

Tandora -(0)-

th3kuzinator -(0)-

Ryunnosuke -(0)-

Rockin -(0)-

Deadline is December 17th, 11:30pm EST!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Argh, I want to strangle Dark Horse. Seriously.

And Smarg, follow the rules >:

more later tonight or tomorrow

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
So wait...
Since there are 8 people left, if we lynch another townie, don't we lose?

Assuming there are 3 scum and they successfully kill at night, the numbers would be equal...

How did we get this close to losing already???

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Well, that explains why he was convinced that I was town. He investigated me.

That's actually kinda funny, since that's why I was suspicious of him.

Top Bottom