• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
I have an issue with, what, a stage.
I'm trying to port the Twilight portal from Eldin Bridge upon Green Hill Zone.
It works..... but not fully. It's there, but then goes away. Does anybody know how to remove the disappearing of the portal, so that it stays forever? Thanks.
-Power

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
@Br3compactor

I don't know the full story, but I notice that your custom CSS contains random in a position other than the end. I'm unsure whether Spunit262 ever made a proper fix for it (or if I ever made a fix for it for that matter:urg:), but if you don't have a custom random code to go with it you'll experience occasional freezes.

The cause for it is because random chooses it's character out of all of the icons preceding the last icon. If random is not the last icon then there is a chance for it to land on random again - in which it tries to assign it to your character. Characters are loaded sequentially, so when it comes time to load the invalid value, it will crash at a seemingly random time.

@DarkChris126
*whistles* that's a pretty old gem you've got there. I can't say that there's anything wrong with using it as it would most certainly take some of the load off of your SD card (music, 4 characters, a stage plus any custom menus). I'm just surprised to see it still in use is all.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
@Phantom Wings

Yes, I read that on a random thread when I was making my CSS (a decent while ago) but the fun fact is, I had those random freezes at the end of the match until I REMOVED the custom random. As a result, I have a "freezeproof" GCT that works with my CSS.

But when I added the new codes from the Complete Stage Roster Expansion it started having the same freezes again.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
@Br3compactor

I don't know the full story, but I notice that your custom CSS contains random in a position other than the end. I'm unsure whether Spunit262 ever made a proper fix for it (or if I ever made a fix for it for that matter:urg:), but if you don't have a custom random code to go with it you'll experience occasional freezes.

The cause for it is because random chooses it's character out of all of the icons preceding the last icon. If random is not the last icon then there is a chance for it to land on random again - in which it tries to assign it to your character. Characters are loaded sequentially, so when it comes time to load the invalid value, it will crash at a seemingly random time.

@DarkChris126
*whistles* that's a pretty old gem you've got there. I can't say that there's anything wrong with using it as it would most certainly take some of the load off of your SD card (music, 4 characters, a stage plus any custom menus). I'm just surprised to see it still in use is all.
Phantom wings the remove custom stages code is what stopped all my freezes and its awesome cuz i can now have custom music, custom css
and custom stages, except stage builder stages which kind of sucks, is there any way around this.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yes, I have. I imported all necessary files (Animation, Vis0, CLR, etc) I once made the Animation to be one frame and it never showed up.
Hm, someone with more expertise in this area might be of better help, but I think the VIS0 animations might be contributing to your lack of portal. Try getting rid of those ones and leaving the others and tell me what you see.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
So I need a new Custom Random code for my CSS :(

Can anyone make one for me? I forgot how to do one lol
And I deleted the one I created when I knew how to.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Be aware of what PW said.

Code:
Ricky's Custom CSS [spunit262]

* 0668310C 00000030
* 387E006C 3B600000
* 3C808068 38840DE0
* 7CBB20AE 7CA50775
* 41800014 94A30004
* 3B7B0001 2C1B0032
* 4180FFE8 48000038
* 04690338 48000068
* 066900d8 00000008
* 2c170028 41820168
* 02680DE0 0022FFFF
* 06680DE0 00000029
* 00010212 06070811
* 0D091A24 27171613
* 20210304 290E0F10
* 0A250B19 1B5E5C5D
* 230C1514 1F260522
* 18000000 00000000

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I saw, I'm pretty sure its right though.

Code:
Custom Random V1 [spunit262]
06685824 0000000C
3C608068 7C630214
88630E80 00000000
046857F0 3AE00028
06680E80 00000028
00010212 06070811
0D091A24 27171613
20210304 0E0F100A
250B191B 5E5C5D23
0C15141F 26052218

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I'm back! If anybody remembers me though...
Since I'm back and quite rusty, I have to prove my existence by making a new stage.

Hmm... I dunno what to choose now...

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
@Br3compactor

iirc the problem wasnt that random wasnt the last icon, it was that 'none' icons were present anywhere on the screen.

unless that just caused part of the screen to be unselectable

but i think it caused freezes as well

EDIT: wait, br3, where's custom random?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
@MK26 You got it wrong and late. x]

PW nailed exactly on the problem, the thing is, it worked PERFECTLY without the custom random, but not when I added the SRE.

I was aware that my random freezes in the past (when my CSS was brand new) were caused by this random problem PW just said, and, knowing that, I REMOVED the custom random and the freezes just stopped! Then I had a perfectly freeze-less GCT. But when I added the SRE codes, it started freezing the same way again.

Reading PW's post, I realized that the only way of making it not to freeze with the SRE was adding the custom random code back AGAIN.

And it worked!
A huge thanks to Phantom Wings, Super_Smash_Kid and DarkChris126.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Fountain of Dreams keeps looking more and more beautiful. Keep up the work M22K!

I have two questions for anyone of you wizards if you're able to help me. I'm dong an edit on Spear Pillar right now, specifically M22K's Darkrai Spear Pillar, and I'm trying to change the lighting in the sky to a grey color. Would anyone happen to know which file I need to tinker around with? The texture files aren't the answer it seems.

My second question; I ported Darkrai's Spear Pillar over Dialga's stage, and I completely removed the hazards. The only problem with it now, aside from the lighting, is that Darkrai makes a stomping SFX when he enters, and the screen shakes. Would anyone know how to edit these out at all? It would be of great help.

Thanks.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Lighting is in the scene data. If you're looking for a lighting scheme to match your demands, look through the scene data of other stages. You'll have to refresh your memory on each stage's particular lighting in-game to get a feel for what you want. Don't pick stages like FD or BF because they have dynamic lighting (changes over time and all).

Ulevo

Smash Master
The only one I'd assume could fit the bill would be Luigi's Mansion, since it's background would be greyed out. Is there no way for me to customize the scene data without replacing it with something else? I'd also like to make a new sky color for Cresselia (Similar to Palkia, just more pink and less magenta) but I can't seem to find anything suitable in Brawl's roster of stages that's comparable.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The only one I'd assume could fit the bill would be Luigi's Mansion, since it's background would be greyed out. Is there no way for me to customize the scene data without replacing it with something else? I'd also like to make a new sky color for Cresselia (Similar to Palkia, just more pink and less magenta) but I can't seem to find anything suitable in Brawl's roster of stages that's comparable.
I'd pretty much just ask Mewtwo_2000 about it then.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yes, there is entirely a way to customize your scene data. Mewtwo2000 does it in all of his stages. You just need the modded version of BrawlBox which lets you edit each value in the SceneData individually.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Yes, there is entirely a way to customize your scene data. Mewtwo2000 does it in all of his stages. You just need the modded version of BrawlBox which lets you edit each value in the SceneData individually.
Modded version, or updated version? I was using the updated version until recently because it was causing some of my .pac files to freeze, so I had to downgrade. If it's merely a modded version, how do I mod it appropriately? Or is there a download?

Ulevo

Smash Master
I am looking at the SceneData values in the open Brawl Box, but how do I know which values to edit, or what values to put in their place for my desired effect?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
The main things in there are lights and fogs. Open the lights and fogs folders, and you will find some nodes. Edit the B1, B2 and B3 values in those nodes to edit the R, G and B channels of the light/fog you want to edit

And vec1/vec2 in lights set the direction of said lights.

Just test, and keep testing until you understand how it works.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I bet you're tired of teaching that. lol

Just as I am tired of explaining how .rels work.
I even saved it so I didn't have to type again.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Hey man, I would have found it out ages ago if there was a comprehensive guide somewhere on these small little details. Unfortunately most of the vast information about hacking Brawl is scattered around the internet, between this place, KC:MM and random YouTube channels. And even then, not everyone has answers to give you.

Thanks M22K, I'll play around with those and see what I come up with!

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Stick to this thread if you're serious on making stages, people here can answer pretty much ANYTHING stage-related.

Top Bottom