• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
speaking of luigi's mansion.

wouldn't it be sweet if there was a real luigi's mansion stage, completely traditional to the game.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I mananged to get rid of the Portal issue, thanks to Mewtwo. ^^

Now an easier issue I have, I hope.

I made it so in corneria, the Greatfox is lower and to the ground where the ground can be walked upon, via collisions. It seems so on Brawlbox, but when played in game, it's at it's normal position ignoring the animation. What have I done wrong?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Well, when it looks okay in BBox collision previewer but not in-game, you need to make sure you're putting the translation/rot/scale on both the animation and out of it.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
I have. I actually do it without animations, just to preview it on the Previewer, then copy/paste to the animations the exact same degrees.

Link40

Smash Cadet
I'm now adding the forest spirits to my OoT Forest Meadow Stage, but I have problems with the animations. In fact, look what it does :

=> It shoud be a forest Spirit.

The problem didn't appeared from the beginning, the 3 first animations I made worked. But now, even if I remove the others I made after the first three, it is still glitchy :/

Someone knows how to solve the problem ?Thanks !

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Try to enlarge (increase the total number of frames) the animation, and decrease it again.

Does it happen since you've added some model? Maybe the problem isn't the animation, but the model itself.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Either it's the framerate of the emulator, or it's FRAPS's fault.
Yeah, in many emulators, when you record with Fraps with the frame rate set to 30, but have frame skipping turned off in the emulator, it causes the game to slow to down to 30fps when you're recording.

Last I checked though, Dolphin's frame skip was dodgy.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I'm making a stage, it's Vast Ice Mountain from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3.
Basically it's a mountain Background with a red/black sky and an ice platform from SSE...
And it has some ice spears coming outta the Platform, which have purple electric stuff (shadow energy) coming at it's tip.
If someone could help out, I'd REALLY appreciate that, but right now I have to study for my exam so yeah.

Also planning to make Temporal Tower, Sky Tower and Distortion World.
The first two are from PMD2/3 and the latter is from Pokemon Platinum.
I think that SSE Bug/Dark/Distortion/Laststage/Whatever BG thingy could work well for Distortion World.

Link40

Smash Cadet
Is it possible that it is glichty because I renamed the TopN bone ? Because I tried what you said Mewtwo, and it doesn't work. Besides, the model is OK...

@Link40, do you have Saria in the stage playing the Ocarina? If not, i'd be happy to animate Saria playing the Ocarina for you.
Since Jokekid lost the Saria animation file, it would be awesome if you could do it. I asked him, I'll see his reponse...

EDIT : I asked him, you can do it if you want ! here is the idea Black Boo suggested, and it was exactly what I had in mind for Saria :

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Basically it's a mountain Background with a red/black sky and an ice platform from SSE...
And it has some ice spears coming outta the Platform, which have purple electric stuff (shadow energy) coming at it's tip.
If someone could help out, I'd REALLY appreciate that, but right now I have to study for my exam so yeah.

I think that SSE Bug/Dark/Distortion/Laststage/Whatever BG thingy could work well for Distortion World.
What?! I thought you were dead!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Is it possible that it is glichty because I renamed the TopN bone ? Because I tried what you said Mewtwo, and it doesn't work. Besides, the model is OK...

Since Jokekid lost the Saria animation file, it would be awesome if you could do it. I asked him, I'll see his reponse...

EDIT : I asked him, you can do it if you want ! here is the idea Black Boo suggested, and it was exactly what I had in mind for Saria :
Nice drawings :p I'll see what I can do for this. I know I can make the animation for playing the Ocarina but the part where she stops playing then looks around might be slightly more difficult. I'll do my best though! Just PM me that forest temple stage along with the saria(new one) pac file and i'll get to animating it ASAP and have her sitting on that rock and playing that ocarina in no time! :D

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

I could possibly do that for ya but i'm kinda pressed for time lately or you could send it to Mewtwo2000 who'd probably manage to get it done faster

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I supose this is my fault...

I guess I'll need to specify that water is an extra that needs to be enabled...

johnovision160

Smash Cadet
@Olimario1892
Hey Olimar, what ever happened to Lake Hylia and the Spirit Temple you were working on? I was really looking forward to them, so I'm just curious thats all lol

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I know I've said this a bunch but I'm still working on them. In fact usually what happens is I start a stage and work on it all day, then something goes wrong. Then I move on to my next idea, and sometimes that fails to. So I go through a cycle of stages until I eventually return to one, fix the problem, and am done with it. The cycle takes longer because of school mostly. So I'm never done with a stage, it just takes a while to start over. The problem I have with Lake Hylia was the lagging mostly, and for the Spirit temple I'm trying to figure out a way to make the stage "unique".

Just to give you an idea:

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
For the Wii stage I still need to add a background and add moving collisions. I attempted to add moving collisions to the Brawl disc, and it worked it was just really screwy. So I guess if I have time I'll add a background tomorrow and then give the stage file to somebody so they can add moving collisions to the SD card and Brawl disc, and of course I'll credit them.

If anybody has a good idea for a background just let me know.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yeah, I know I've said this a bunch but I'm still working on them. In fact usually what happens is I start a stage and work on it all day, then something goes wrong. Then I move on to my next idea, and sometimes that fails to. So I go through a cycle of stages until I eventually return to one, fix the problem, and am done with it. The cycle takes longer because of school mostly. So I'm never done with a stage, it just takes a while to start over. The problem I have with Lake Hylia was the lagging mostly, and for the Spirit temple I'm trying to figure out a way to make the stage "unique".

Just to give you an idea:
You too eh?

I cycle like that too.

I cycle between Aquatic Ruin Zone, Groznyj Grad, a currently top secret project, SSE Voyage, Big Shell V3, Crateria Surfce(Almost Done), Adventure Island 3D(Needs moar BG stuff and to be rescaled), and Spring Yard Zone.

Also, moving platforms make everything better, like Icicle Pyramid.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You too eh?

I cycle like that too.

I cycle between Aquatic Ruin Zone, Groznyj Grad, a currently top secret project, SSE Voyage, Big Shell V3, Crateria Surfce(Almost Done), Adventure Island 3D(Needs moar BG stuff and to be rescaled), and Spring Yard Zone.

Also, moving platforms make everything better, like Icicle Pyramid.
I used to be in cycles too xD

Fortunately, now I'm not in cycles. Since I finished my most requested ones (well, some of them are not completely finished anyway), I'm usually doing 1 stage each time. Using all your time in a certain stage makes you finish it faster ^^U

br3compactor

Smash Ace
^This.

I'm currently working more on vertexing than stages though, because they are less time-consuming.
Well, that and I was outta free slots until some days ago.

@Olimario, I believe that lag on Hylia has something to do with a model you're using.
It happened to me once. Backup the stage and try replacing every different model for a static model. Like, if you use many of the same model, replace all the identic models for static model, and test. Continue this until you find the glithed model.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
M0nkUn1t, did you see the PM I sent you ?
Yes, I did. Sorry about not having that animation done already, but I have had/still do Project M work, stuff for another project, schoolwork, my job, and other irl stuff. I have to also help Thany with her Roy animations. I probably won't be able to get to the animation of Saria for about another week and a half. If you want to find another animator, that's fine with me.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
br3compactor:

Thanks for the quick PM reply. and the snake tower is pretty cool :D.

Anyways, if its a lighting issue I'll do it myself cause I love the texture "city nights" I just don't know how to do lighting. is there someplace in the pac where I can change it?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Open the original Final Destination stage (stgfinal.pac) in Brawlbox, export the SceneData and then open my stage and replace my SceneData with FD's original.

You can also test SceneDatas from another stages if you're not satisfied with the result. But since it's for FD, I believe it will be okay.

Top Bottom