• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something Most People Don't Know About You...(Read the OP before posting, please)

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Meh, serious relationships aren't anything to really worry about. I mean by the time you can call it 'long term', you pretty much know what to expect.

Heh, something people don't know about me is that I absolutely HATE it when people judge me better than I judge myself. Not sure why it bugs me so much, but yeah.
But it's sooooooooooooooooooo easy.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I used to feel the same exact way. Hell i used to be in the same situation as you. But honestly just put yourself out there. Whats the worst that can happen? Being let down again? Just rebound and keep your head up. Youll find that one person some day. It could take a few tries but just dont think yoir not good enough. Because that wont get you anywhere in life.
I don't have a problem getting girlfriends... never been the issue (keeping them isn't either). I don't want a girlfriend. Enough info ;), this is why it's difficult, no one around here... small town.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You're gonna get let down...alot. That's life. I've been cheated on and I've been lead on numerous times. It sucks and it's frustrating, but you can't let it deter you. Hell, all of my 3 relationships lasted no more than 2-3 months.
Those have happened numerous times, in 3 2-3 month relationships?! Ouch. You need to find guys who aren't douchebags.

Youll find that one person some day. It could take a few tries but just dont think yoir not good enough. Because that wont get you anywhere in life.
While I agree with the point you're trying to make, I hate it when people refer to it as 'that one person', because you are going to fall for someone and get your heart broken at some point. It's pretty much a fact of life. Implying there's 'one person' makes it seem like once you lose them, it's over. There'll always someone else, even if it takes a while to find them.

But it's sooooooooooooooooooo easy.
Don't judge me! (I don't actually think you've ever done it though to my knowledge.)

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Those have happened numerous times, in 3 2-3 month relationships?! Ouch. You need to find guys who aren't douchebags.
Cheated on in relationship 1.

Basically lead on in relationship 2. He tried to hit me with the "Let's be friends." line and never explained to me why he wanted to break up.

Relationship 3 only ended because he and I couldn't work a relationship around his parents (we was a closet case then) and he lived on the other side of town.

Every other endeavor I've had since then has been either me getting lead on or just straight shot down after trying really hard.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I thought I would get flamed for the gay marriage thing lol. I wanted to debate it, but I'm too tired and I don't really care about gay marriage (vs civil unions) anyway..

By the way, the gay marriage debate is not about civil rights. There are people that are against gay people having rights, but they are such a small voice that they have no political representation.

Republicans and Democrats want gay couples to have all the same legal benefits as a straight married couple. The whole debate is over what the government should call it. Should the government call it "marriage" or a "civil union"? The whole debate is over a name. It's silly.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Also, how do I know if a guy is cute? I can't ever tell.
Do girls and gay guys tend to think the same guys are attractive?
And of the gay people posting on this thread, are any of you a Christian? just wondering

camerino1

Smash Lord
Basically what the person above me said. The girls that I talk to don't get why I like the type of guy that I do, if he is gay he should be flamboyant is usually the thought. I'm not, and one of my friends has asked numerous times why not just "act normal"... quite aggravating. Normal being flamboyant.

Cute is what you think. I think that guys who have a little weight, dark red hair, tall and basically look like a football player, but are quiet, the most attractive thing ever (Scottish or Southern accents help this case, glasses too). Most girls laugh and don't get it.

I have no religion, but if I had to choose I would be Buddhist. Christianity has been changed so many times over the years.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
By the way, the gay marriage debate is not about civil rights. There are people that are against gay people having rights, but they are such a small voice that they have no political representation.

Republicans and Democrats want gay couples to have all the same legal benefits as a straight married couple. The whole debate is over what the government should call it. Should the government call it "marriage" or a "civil union"? The whole debate is over a name. It's silly.
Wow seriously? I didn't know that. That's even dumber than I thought it was >.<
Honestly though, I think it gets thrown around more for the controversy votes than anything else.

Also, how do I know if a guy is cute? I can't ever tell.
Do girls and gay guys tend to think the same guys are attractive?
And of the gay people posting on this thread, are any of you a Christian? just wondering
I've actually been wondering that myself for quite a while.
I do know a lot of gay christians though. Most of them just figure if they lead a good christian life, sexual orientation shouldn't really matter, especially not in the eyes of an all-forgiving God.

I have no religion, but if I had to choose I would be Buddhist. Christianity has been changed so many times over the years.
To be fair, Buddhism has too. Hell, originally it wasn't an organized religion either. Very few of the Eastern religions are. Personally, I quite like Eastern religions since they tend to be more about self-improvement than blind faith (I don't mean that in a bad way).

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Cute is what you think. I think that guys who have a little weight, dark red hair, tall and basically look like a football player, but are quiet, the most attractive thing ever (Scottish or Southern accents help this case, glasses too). Most girls laugh and don't get it.
What the? I don't think this helps me at all lol. Anyone else have a more stereotypical perspective? :p

I'm not in the mood for a religious debate (I usually am, but I'm working 80 hours a week for the next few weeks. It's nuts). But as a Christian, I feel like I need to address stuff like that.

*sorry if this makes me sound like a Christian nut. I don't mean to sound arrogant or rude. Most of this is just historical information I've learned. I'm having to push myself really hard to stay awake and write this, so it may be sucky lol. Whatever, here it goes! XD

In Christianity, the book of Galatians was written in 45 AD (no historical scholar disagrees with that). Jesus died in 33 AD. The book of Matthew may have been written in as early as 35 AD, but the date of that book is highly debated. We have copies of the some of the New Testament documents in as early as 100 AD. Some scholars believe that parts might have been changed, but even atheist scholars believe that not much has been changed.

Buddhism is based on teachings of Siddhartha Gautama. He died in 483BC, and the earliest text we have from him were written 500 years later. Based on historical reliability, it doesn't really compare to Christianity.

Combo that with the story of Jesus. Everything I say from here on is what all historical scholars agree on. Jesus convinced 1000s of people in his own lifetime that he was God, that he could heal people, and they he resurrected from the dead. Hundreds of people claimed to have saw Jesus after he died, and they believed it so thoroughly that they were willing to die for that belief (and many of them were killed for it).

Based on evidence, is it more rational to believe what Jesus says about God or Siddhartha Gautama?

*There is way better historical evidence for Jesus. My summary is fail. Even if you don't believe in Christianity, the history is nuts. Like "Omg did this really happen? How???" lol. If you like learning about religions, the book "More Than a Carpenter" gives a good summary of why people believe in Jesus (and it's an easy read). Honestly, I have no idea why people believe in Buddism. The teachings are pretty good. But people often complain about Christianity not having enough historical proof, and Buddism is WAYYY worse :p

So what do you mean by "Christianity has changed to many times." There are lots of different denominations, and the Catholic Church has changed quite a bit over time (it's had some corruption issues because it used to be heavyly invovled with politics). There is really not that big of a difference in denominations either. The biggest differences are usually "what do we want our church service to be like." But you can be reasonably sure that the documents we have today are the as the same (or at least, very close) to the ones written 2000 years ago.

I'm a Christian, but non-denominational.
That is pretty awesome man. I may send you a PM within the next few weeks (when work settles down). So here is the reason I ask about Christianity; what do you think of Christianity and homosexuality?

good stuff
good stuff.

camerino1

Smash Lord
To be fair, Buddhism has too. Hell, originally it wasn't an organized religion either. Very few of the Eastern religions are. Personally, I quite like Eastern religions since they tend to be more about self-improvement than blind faith (I don't mean that in a bad way).
Well, true. Christianity was very similar to the eastern religions in the beginning. His original teachings came from his "meetings" with God and the teachings of the East. Just took World Religions class, exam for it tomorrow :p.

I'm not stereotypical enough for you, eh? This is interesting.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Well, true. Christianity was very similar to the eastern religions in the beginning. His original teachings came from his "meetings" with God and the teachings of the East. Just took World Religions class, exam for it tomorrow :p.
Yes and no. Every religion is based on some person who claimed to have some kind of "experience" with God. Jesus is the only one who actually claimed to BE God lol. I might be able to convince some people that I had an experience with God. It's quite another to convince people that I am God. If I was God, then I'd have to prove it by doing something supernatural, like healing everyone I see, or rising from the dead lol. That's why Jesus is a much more impressive religious leader to me.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Basically what the person above me said. The girls that I talk to don't get why I like the type of guy that I do, if he is gay he should be flamboyant is usually the thought. I'm not, and one of my friends has asked numerous times why not just "act normal"... quite aggravating. Normal being flamboyant.

I tend to go for nerdy, short guys that are kinda husky ideally speaking. I'm pretty flexible as far as looks go.

As far as religion goes, I'm an atheist. Have been since I was little. The rest of my family are Christians.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Yes and no. Every religion is based on some person who claimed to have some kind of "experience" with God. Jesus is the only one who actually claimed to BE God lol. I might be able to convince some people that I had an experience with God. It's quite another to convince people that I am God. If I was God, then I'd have to prove it by doing something supernatural, like healing everyone I see, or rising from the dead lol. That's why Jesus is a much more impressive religious leader to me.
I know, some of that stuff just can't be explained using modern science. I am also aware that the history of most Eastern religions is pretty fuzzy :p.

I just find that religions based off Abraham usually end up being very strict and controlling on the people who are members. Judaism and Islam, you can't eat pork? The reasoning is that you could get many diseases if it isn't cooked properly. They took it as a sign from god though and said that you can't eat pork, or god will sicken you.

I guess it's just I would prefer the freedom of an eastern religion. Now many denominations are just as free, but those aren't the MAIN strands of Judaism, Islam and Christianity.

Edit: Oreo, I'm too tall for you :p. I'm just under 6'0".

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I know, some of that stuff just can't be explained using modern science. I am also aware that the history of most Eastern religions is pretty fuzzy :p.

I just find that religions based off Abraham usually end up being very strict and controlling on the people who are members. Judaism and Islam, you can't eat pork? The reasoning is that you could get many diseases if it isn't cooked properly. They took it as a sign from god though and said that you can't eat pork, or god will sicken you.

I guess it's just I would prefer the freedom of an eastern religion. Now many denominations are just as free, but those aren't the MAIN strands of Judaism, Islam and Christianity.

Edit: Oreo, I'm too tall for you :p. I'm just under 6'0".
I'm not a height nazi. I've shagged people my height and size before.

D

Deleted member

What do I think of Christianity and Homo-sexuality? I think that churches that think homosexuality is a sin are full of BS, thus why I choose to be a non-denominational Christian. It's great to believe in God in your own way, and not live by a set of rules and ideals other than to live life as a decent human being.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
nerdy, short guys that are kinda husky ideally speaking.
I put this exact description into a google image search. This was the first result:

You said you found me attractive. I look at that picture. I feel offended.
Not really though

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
as a straight man who judges everyone I can tell you that when another straight guy thinks another guy is cute its basically saying

"I can see why that ***** gets *****es"

atleast that what it means to me.

I posted about this somewhere else...ima go see if i can find it.

also just becaues you judge i dude doesnt mean you auto gay...I judge dudes all the time. like when a girl shows you a picture of her boyfriend and you are all like "Wtf he's ugly as ****"

its still judging

now if you say some **** like "yea I'd beat" and mean it...well then Im probably going to call you gay.

but as you grow up you will realize there will be times where you will be like "that is an attractive dude" but not in the way that you would wanna f**k him because thats gay but in the way that you could see why girls would be tryna go for him and ****.

no offense to gay people but just gotta clear that up for the homophobes who call everything gay.

D

Deleted member

I believe in Jesus and God. The bible is just someone who took notes.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
also just becaues you judge i dude doesnt mean you auto gay...I judge dudes all the time. like when a girl shows you a picture of her boyfriend and you are all like "Wtf he's ugly as ****"

its still judging

now if you say some **** like "yea I'd beat" and mean it...well then Im probably going to call you gay.

but as you grow up you will realize there will be times where you will be like "that is an attractive dude" but not in the way that you would wanna f**k him because thats gay but in the way that you could see why girls would be tryna go for him and ****.

no offense to gay people but just gotta clear that up for the homophobes who call everything gay.
Well said sir.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I can tell when a girl is attractive. It's not difficult to say though because it's social standard for me to call a girl "hot". I'm not sexually attracted to girls though, I can just tell whether or not a girl is attractive.

I think it's easy to see, whether male/female, straight/gay, which of these pairs is the more attractive.

I picked the first post in all of them that I got on Google images.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
The reason why I don't agree with being gay is cause if everyone was gay we'd all die. No babies!!

The End

Other than that idgaf, do what you want

Zozefup

Smash Lord
LOL Why is IL in this thread?
It was cool that no one knows me here.. then you guys have to show up :(

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I know Oreo. We had some pretty awesome matches too. I just meant people who don't know me from the IL PR thread. Like 80 pages of that thread is a weird religious debate lol.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
lol awesome excel. Sry I forgot :( Maybe you should leave this thread too.

Whats up with everyone in this thread liking husky guys (with weird traits). I'm straight and I think I have better taste in guys than you all (better defined as more stereotypical).

If I like a girl, and another guy walks up, I want to be able to tell if hes more attractive than me. That way I'll know if hes a threat. If he's a threat, then I need to take him out....hmmm.

*kick his knee cap*
*knee to face as he is falling down*
*plant foot on head and do a Captain Falcon pose*
*beat chest like a gorilla and flex*

edit: Falcon

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
If I like a girl, and another guy walks up, I want to be able to tell if hes more attractive than me. That way I'll know if hes a threat. If he's a threat, then I need to take him out....hmmm.
In these situations, chloroform becomes a multi-purpose asset.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Whats up with everyone in this thread liking husky guys (with weird traits).
Because we husky guys are more than eye candy. Me speaking personally on the ones I know and myself, we treat women better, we are more affectionate, we can cook (sorry skinny boys, but I CAN outcook you) and we are better for snuggling. Who doesn't want their own personal body pillow?

But as I said, that's my opinion. Except for the cooking part, that's trufax.

Top Bottom