• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something Most People Don't Know About You...(Read the OP before posting, please)

D

Deleted member

Why are they all straight? Like REALLY?? All I hear from girls are complaints about how all the guys they like end up gay, and for me it's just the opposite.

This world sucks.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Why are they all straight? Like REALLY?? All I hear from girls are complaints about how all the guys they like end up gay, and for me it's just the opposite.

This world sucks.
Yeah, it's always the case. Look on the bright side, at least you're attractive. I bet if I threw you into a crowd of gays they'd pounce in an instant. As a matter of fact, this is the month for all the Gay Pride festivals. I'm sure there is one in Columbus or something. If not, get a group of people together and come to the Louisville one on Friday and Saturday.

Also Fino, I left some namesearch bait just so you could find it. :chuckle:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Also Brandon, if there is still room there, I'll make plans to move once I get my stuff situated at Jimmy Johns. Need dat paper yo.

Is this for sure or maybe possibly? I am putting up ads and if you want a room I need to know for sure ASAP.
Putting this up again because I need to know ASAP. I believe you have my number. If not leave me a message here or on FB so we can figure this out. BTW, there is a Jimmy John's about 25 min walk from my house; less if you take the bus or have a car.

@Auspher: Yeah, the world is weird like that. I tend to get either guys or girls I DON'T want come onto me, but the ones I do want rarely want anything to do with me. *Sigh* What can you do right?

EDIT: Also glad I'm not the only Jazz lover here :D
Jazz, funk, and blues are probably 3 of my favorite styles (Though I tend to appreciate most styles, and when it comes to playing, Rock is just too much fun to play.).

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Putting this up again because I need to know ASAP. I believe you have my number. If not leave me a message here or on FB so we can figure this out. BTW, there is a Jimmy John's about 25 min walk from my house; less if you take the bus or have a car.

@Auspher: Yeah, the world is weird like that. I tend to get either guys or girls I DON'T want come onto me, but the ones I do want rarely want anything to do with me. *Sigh* What can you do right?

EDIT: Also glad I'm not the only Jazz lover here :D
Jazz, funk, and blues are probably 3 of my favorite styles (Though I tend to appreciate most styles, and when it comes to playing, Rock is just too much fun to play.).
Don't get your hopes up Dave. If I know my luck (and I do) things may change dynamically. Plus, I still have Rip on the other hand too.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Okay, thanks for the heads up. If it does pan out, let me know in advance and I'll let you know what I have open.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Something most people might not know about me is that I love Jazz, but I barely know anything about the genre.

Any band/musician suggestions?

:phone:

camerino1

Smash Lord
I can play the flute and trombone, I tried to teach myself the piano but it didn't work out very well. I want to learn bass and the didjerido really badly. Also, I can make a flute sound like jungle music :p. I used to be good at singing, then my voice got really low... I can't sing Boston anymore :(.

I listen to metal, so I can't help with the jazz selection :p. (Best instumental from a metal band though is Orion by Metallica)

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Something most people might not know about me is that I love Jazz, but I barely know anything about the genre.

Maynard Ferguson
Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band [XXL]
Buddy Rich [Channel One Suite--It's not an album, but it's my favorite jazz song by far and it's really good. Ask Chi!]
Dave Brubeck [Time Out]
Charles Mingus
Stan Getz
Stan Kenton

Then there's your obvious ones
Miles Davis
Duke Ellington
Dizzy Gillespie
John Coltrane
Benny Goodman
Charlie Parker

The Seatbelts are great, but anyone who's ever seen Cowboy Bebop knows that. Harry Connick Jr, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Brian Seltzer Orchestra are all good modern-ish vocal jazz stuff. I guess Bublé counts as that too. Arturo Sandoval is good if you think you might like latin jazz.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Maynard Ferguson
Buddy Rich [Channel One Suite--It's not an album, but it's my favorite jazz song by far and it's really good. Ask Chi!]
Dave Brubeck [Time Out]
Charles Mingus
Stan Getz
Stan Kenton

Miles Davis
Duke Ellington
Dizzy Gillespie
John Coltrane
Benny Goodman
Charlie Parker

The Seatbelts are great, but anyone who's ever seen Cowboy Bebop knows that. Harry Connick Jr, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Brian Seltzer Orchestra are all good modern-ish vocal jazz stuff. I guess Bublé counts as that too. Arturo Sandoval is good if you think you might like latin jazz.
I left out Cowboy Bebop on purpose, because everyone and their dead ancestors should know about that music. The Seatbelts and Yoko Kanno are ah-ha-mazing.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgWHDDMgrR8

clowsui

Smash Legend
ohhhhhh man

the other chi likes it too btw.

CHANNEL ONE SUITE IS AMAZINGGGG. sheer amount of variation in one piece is incredible. best version is live from caesar's palace

also arturo sandoval is really cool and an incredible player. i think he's on the level of dizzy

Orion*

Smash Researcher

I wouldn't suggest listening to something a little more free until you've checked out the classics, it makes it much easier to understand what they are playing and where they are coming from. If you give me a idea of what you like I can give you some album names, but here are some albums that are pretty well known that I really enjoy listening to.

Clifford Brown and Max Roach - Study in Brown
Art Blakey - Ugetsu
Miles Davis - Seven Steps to Heaven
Money Jungle - Duke Ellington, Max Roach, Charles Mingus
Wayne Shorter - Speak no Evil
McCoy Tyner - The Real McCoy
Woody Shaw - Moontrane
John Coltrane - Giant Steps
Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Volunteered Slavery
JJ Johnson - The Eminent Vol. 2
(insert Charlie Parker album)

It's really hard to suggest music for jazz because there's soooo many interpretations for it (although to be honest for me, if it feels good it works lol). Also recording quality way back isn't so good, and there are a LOT of live albums.

edit:

shameless namesearched by metallica >.>

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Maynard Ferguson
Dave Brubeck [Time Out]
Charles Mingus
Stan Getz
Stan Kenton

Miles Davis
Duke Ellington
Dizzy Gillespie
John Coltrane
Benny Goodman
Charlie Parker

No Herbie Hancock though?

My own jazz selection is very incomplete. I'm going to have to fill in the gaps.

Weather Report is good if you're into the big band stuff. Return to Forever is jazz/fusion, but that's another great one.
Bela Fleck and the Fleckstones is good too, but that's not jazz per-se so much as jazz and like 4 other styles crammed into one.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Herbie Hancock isn't jazz it's an experience.

Weather Report isn't really big band, but it is very very good and I did not mean to leave it off.
I feel like I left a lot off but there's also too much to cover

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Just take government out of Marriage. Make Marriage a religious or personal statement instead of a government recognized union/contract. Or have the government only recognize unions instead of Marriage.

If your church does not want to recognize/marry same sex couples, they don't have to. Other religions if they stand differently, can do so under their authority. Now the catholic church/whoever doesn't have to marry same sex couples, while X religion can do so if it wants.

That should be the end of it. Unless you are talking about convincing a particular Church or group to support gay rights. Which is one mess of a debate.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Just take government out of Marriage. Make Marriage a religious or personal statement instead of a government recognized union/contract. Or have the government only recognize unions instead of Marriage.

If your church does not want to recognize/marry same sex couples, they don't have to. Other religions if they stand differently, can do so under their authority. Now the catholic church/whoever doesn't have to marry same sex couples, while X religion can do so if it wants.

That should be the end of it. Unless you are talking about convincing a particular Church or group to support gay rights. Which is one mess of a debate.
Shouldn't it be the exact opposite, if anything?

I mean, practically speaking, what's the difference between a married and an unmarried couple? Tax cuts and everything becomes considered shared (officially speaking that is, not necessarily in practice.).

Javix

Smash Apprentice
Marriage is a legal thing, religion shouldn't really have any influence on it. That being said, something most people don't know about me is that I have a deep and relentless hatred for Overswarm. I don't even know the guy, I've only seen him twice, and I still hate him immensely. I'm not entirely sure why.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Because he wants you to hate him. He's actually cool IRL, but he loves the hatred he gets online.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Zozefup made a very bold statement for a room like this. Something most people don't know about me is that I'm afraid of a serious relationship.

camerino1

Smash Lord
They aren't anything to be afraid of. The most you should be nervous about is your first time having sex and possibly getting engaged.
I'm afraid I'll be a let down... I have only had a bunch of 2 week relationships with girls, so I haven't got much experience in relationships. So now I'm worried that I wont be good enough... doing that... ya know? If I get them to engagement I'm set :p.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, serious relationships aren't anything to really worry about. I mean by the time you can call it 'long term', you pretty much know what to expect.

Heh, something people don't know about me is that I absolutely HATE it when people judge me better than I judge myself. Not sure why it bugs me so much, but yeah.

D

Deleted member

Gay marriage should be a basic right of Americans. Don't see why it's banned in a lot of states.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I'm afraid I'll be a let down... I have only had a bunch of 2 week relationships with girls, so I haven't got much experience in relationships. So now I'm worried that I wont be good enough... doing that... ya know? If I get them to engagement I'm set :p.
You're gonna get let down...alot. That's life. I've been cheated on and I've been lead on numerous times. It sucks and it's frustrating, but you can't let it deter you. Hell, all of my 3 relationships lasted no more than 2-3 months.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I used to feel the same exact way. Hell i used to be in the same situation as you. But honestly just put yourself out there. Whats the worst that can happen? Being let down again? Just rebound and keep your head up. Youll find that one person some day. It could take a few tries but just dont think yoir not good enough. Because that wont get you anywhere in life.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I used to feel the same exact way. Hell i used to be in the same situation as you. But honestly just put yourself out there. Whats the worst that can happen? Being let down again? Just rebound and keep your head up. Youll find that one person some day. It could take a few tries but just dont think yoir not good enough. Because that wont get you anywhere in life.
I don't see how you could have troubles as cute as you are. :chuckle:

Top Bottom