• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Day Sixty: Ashley Robbins and Ragna the BloodEdge

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Jiggs

Original 12. She wasn't cut in Brawl even if Jiggs is an old Pokémon, and not so popular in the US.
I just can't see why they would remove her.
99%

Dixie Kong

Her chances are REALLY high, since she was one of the Forbidden Seven and was actually planned to be played with Diddy, changing characters with Down B.
I actually think that she has more chances than K. Roll because of the fact that she almost made into Brawl.
80% 5-deserving

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nominate (Veterans):
Marth (x5)

Nominate (Newcomers):
Genesect (x5)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Victini- 61%

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff- 100%. Part of the original 12, even if everyone (including myself) does hate it.

Dixie Kong- 40%
FOR
-Partial files were found in Brawl.
-Not hated by fans.
AGAINST
-Competition from K. Rool.
-Not much moveset potential.
-Was originally planned as a tag team with Diddy. Since that idea was scrapped, I doubt she'll appear.

Nominations
Veterans: Meta Knight [5]
Newcomers: Caeda [3], Medusa [2]

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Jigglypuff: 95%
Jigglypuff was in the original 12. Anyone who gives jigglypuff anything lower than a 80's judgement is clouded by their hatred of Jigglypuff. I don't hate jigglypuff, and I don't understand why anyone does. Anyhoo, in japan, jigglypuff is incredibly iconic, almost as iconic as pikachu. To the japanese, removing jigglypuff would be akin to removing pikachu. Furthermore, Jiggly is a very useful character in-game, being a fearsome aerial combatant. It will stay.
I give jigglypuff a DESERVING
Dixie Kong: 60%
Eh, I'd say she's a possibility, either as a team with diddy, or on her own, but I don't think DK should get a new rep, and if so, should be K Rool.
I give Dixie kong an UNWANTED.
Nomiations:
Waluigi (mario party/kart/sports rep) x3
Bubbles (clu clu land) x2
Ness x5

D

Deleted member

Xhampi said:
Can we nomitate again if we have already in the past ?
Yes you can.

@Zzuxon: You cannot nominate Ness, he has already been polled.

@Barbasol: There was difficulty implented Diddy and Dixie Kong together, thus why she was dropped.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Jiggs: 89%

She's one of the original twelve, but she's not that deadly anymore. Maybe I won't actually mind her to be cut.

Dixie: 68 %

She's quite important to the series, but might end up as Diddy's clone, but if they had to team up, that's again another issue. She's though important and reeks some moveset uniqueness.

I'm neutral for her inclusion. (3)

Nominating:

Newcomers

x3 Takamaru
x2 Meowth

Veterans
x5 Pit

D

Deleted member

Jigglypuff gets 90.92%
Dixie Kong gets 55.91% and 3.38 in want.

Flavor coming later.

Pseudomaniac wins five more veteran nominations, I win five newcomer nominations.

You may now rate how likely Zelda and Victini are (Oh boy is the latter going to be interesting). The poll ends at 8:00 PM CST.

On deck are Pokemon Trainer and Isaac. You may rate the score they get the next day.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Zelda - 100%

Victini - 50%. I think it's seriously a 50/50 toss-up between Zoroark and Victini right now.

Nominate
Sheik x5
Meta Knight x5

Predictions
PT - 75%
Isaac - 69%

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Zelda- 99%

Victini~ 64% Victini is probably the front runner out of Gen Fivers, but that's still not too much guarantee. With Mewtwo, Zoroark, Deoxys, Genesect, Darkrai, Meowth, Team Rocket, Giovanni, etc. all vying, it's hard to give a pokemon candidate a high percent count. Want-4

Newcomer Nominations- Skull Kid x5
Veteran Nominations- Zero Suit Samus x5

Predictions:
Pokemon Trainer 93%
Isaac 84%

D

Deleted member

Zelda

No reason to drop Zelda now. If buffed, she could even stand by herself.

100%

Victini

This deserves to be listened to with awesome music.

Definitely deserves to be playable. Would be extremely unique and is the best choice for a 5th gen rep. It's the only likely good choice for a Pokemon newcomer anyway. Not only that, it would make Mewtwo's/Lucario's return that much more likely. Deserving

Victini is more likely then most people would like to admit (Although that is starting to change).

Yes I said it, Victini has a good shot of being playable. It had move come out eight days ago which is three months before SSB4 starts development. Notice that Lucario had a movie come out three months before Brawl's development and he was playable in that game. Victini is also more relevant, more important to the Pokemon series, increasing in popularity and demands to be playable in SSB4, and receives a ton of false arguments that Victini supporters can easily fight off.

The only thing standing in his way is the fact that he's a Mew-like Pokemon, which have always received a Pokeball. However, with more things going for then against it's inclusion, I have a very good feeling about his status as a playable character.

80%

Prediction:

Predicting that Pokemon Trainer gets 78.17% and Isaac gets 74.14%.

*Surprised by Barbasol giving Zelda 99%

Zelda - 101% (100% actually) Never leaving. Like it or not

Victini - 75% Alongside with Zoroark, he's the most likely next pokemon rep

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Zelda - 100%

She's popular (albeit not for tier reasons), very relevant, very important, deserving (5), and her name is part of the frickin' franchise title. Zelda is not going anywhere.

Victini - 75%

I'm just going to refer to SSBFan's blog entry regarding Victini rather than repeat the same points.

That said, Zoroark does stand a good chance against Victini, but considering Victini's two very recent movies and relevance, I think Sakurai will look first at Victini as the potential fifth-gen rep. And I'm not sure if he's going to look back or not at Zoroark. So I think this Pokemon has some decent chances at hand. Although I do like Zoroark and would enjoy seeing him in SSB4 as well, Victini would break the "anti-Mew-type" cycle Pokemon characters have followed in Smash Bros. and is more relevant and likely to become more popular. For me, it's wanted (4).

BTW, two things SSBFan: one, the link to your Victini essay in your signature leads to the outdated version. Second, that's one frickin' awesome Pokemon remix of a song that should be in SSB4 in some form, no matter if Victini, Zoroark, or whomever takes a spot.

My Nominations:
Yoshi x5
Jiro x3
Diskun x2

My Predictions:
Pokemon Trainer - 75%
Isaac - 85%

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Zelda - 98%

Victini - 68%

Even I admit Victini's chances have gone up in the past few days, I've also changed my mind a lot about his inclusion, but he still has the highest chance to be Pokeball'd out of all the new Pokemon contenders.

He also has to deal with 6(8) veteran Pokemon and Zoroark who are still more popular (next to Zoroark he can be debated, though at the moment, current polls show Zoroark is still beating him) for one of the 5(?) spots.

Thanks to SSBF's propaganda, I'm now neutral on his inclusion, 3. :awesome:

Predictions
PT - 88.88%
Issac - 80%

Nominations: (lets rate the husband and wife on the same day!)
Marth x5
Caeda x5

JordantheGiant

Smash Cadet
Hopefully I do this correctly:

Zelda - 100%. I see no reason for Zelda to be removed.

Victini - 41%. I give the other 39% to Zoroark, with the remaining 10% being a different Pokemon character (Genesect, Mewtwo, Lucario, Meowth). I agree that the 5th gen rep is a toss up, but I do give the edge to Victini. I Want-4 Victini the most.

Predictions:
Pokemon Trainer 92%
Isaac 71%

D

Deleted member

@JavaCroc: Done. Edited my signature to reflect my latest essay. I won't make another essay on Victini for now, so anything I do on Victini will be revised before I show it to other sites.

Either way, I can least say that I have succeeded in getting people to consider Victini's inclusion.

@JordantheGiant: You did it correct, all you have to do now is add nominations (Read OP for more informations on them).

@CrimsonFeint: You only have five veteran nominations right now. Unless the vote change, I will count Sheik. Why not use your five newcomer nominations instead?

Also, putting down my nominations:

Veterans:

Marth (x5)

Newcomer:

Medusa (x1)
Takamaru (x1)
Ryu Hayabusa (x1)
Diddy and Dixie (x1)
Slime (x1)
Meowth (x1)
Genesect (x1)
Sukapon (x1)
Travis Touchdown (x1)
Bomberman (x1)

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
Zelda - 100%
Shes Zelda nuff said
Want lv- 5

Victini - 65%
Just seems like the all around most fitting to rep gen 5 to me then again theres always the possibility that there may or may not be any Gen 5 rep as a main fighter at all for all we know though I highly doubt that'll be the case. Could have a really cool original moveset too.
Anypoo
Want lv- 5

Prediction:
Pokemon Trainer - 80
Isaac- 73

nominations :star:
Vets-
:marth: x2
:falcon: x3

Newcomers-
Eggman x3
Lloyd Irving x2

Barbasol

Smash Ace
@Berserker

Well for me, 99% is still REALLY high. I only give out 100% for the ultra-allstars like Samus, Mario, Pikachu, etc. There's always that weird chance that Smash 4 could do away with lots of characters and do something zany.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Zelda: 78%

Considering Skyward Sword, I don't know what they'll do for Zelda in that game.

Victini: 70%

Wow, this guys' not that bad actually. Sounds fun to battle in Smash by use of Psychic and Fire powers. As he has his movie coming, I think that might grow his chances.

I say I want him. (4)

Nominating:

x2 Takamaru
x2 Lip
x1 Palutena

Predicting Isaac to 76%.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Zelda: 100%
Need I say more? No I don't. DESERVING.
Victini: 80%
I'm just going to use SSBF's blog entries about victini as my explanation. They are brilliant. Even though vicini is Mew-Like, it's not a complete wall, and could be used to create a unique character, perhaps using really long jumps. DESERVING.
Nominating:
Waluigi ( as mario party/kart/sports rep) x3
Bubbles x 2
Ness x5
Predictions:
PKMN Trainer: 77%
Isaac: 80%

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Zelda: 78%

Considering Skyward Sword, I don't know what they'll do for Zelda in that game.

Zelda is in Skyward Sword :p

Zelda- 100%. She'll be there.

Vicinti- 65% (I think that's what I gave Zoroark)
Reasons are pretty much the same as for Zoroark.

Veterans: Ness [5], Lucas [5]
Newcomers: Medusa [3], Caeda [2]

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Zelda: 100%

Victini: 76%

Predictions:
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard): 97%
Isaac: 77.12%

Nominations:
Wario x5
Mii x5

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Zelda

Again, no reason to remove her. Also, she is pretty in Skyward Sword. :embarrass:
100%

Victini

I really don't understand why he has sooo many supporters. I think Zoroark has higher chances than him. Being in the "Mew Legendary Status" also doesn't help his chances.
I dunno how was his movie and how he could be played, but I assume he has some nice moveset potential.
60% 3-neutral

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nominate (Veterans):
Marth (x5)

Nominate (Newcomers):
Genesect (x5)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pokemon Trainer- 79%
Isaac- 69%

finalark

SNORLAX
Zelda 100% - A main character of a flagship franchise, she's going nowhere.

Victini 15% - He's a hard-to-get event pokemon like Jiratchi and Celebi. If those two got in only as special pokeball mons then I doubt that Victini would get a playable spot.

D

Deleted member

@Pseudomaniac: Ness and Lucas have already been polled. Pick someone else to nominate.

@Zzuxon: Ness has already been polled. You cannot nominate him anymore. Pick another veteran to nominate (Ones that haven't been polled or are not current On Deck yet).

@Young Horsetail: His movie came out on July 16, 2011. Still, this does help him.

@Lightosia: Actually, with the exception of maybe this site, most people prefer Zoroark over Victini, although this is changing as we speak. The demands from what I've seen is moderately high.

@finalark: To be fair, Zoroark is an event-only Pokemon as well.

D

Deleted member

On the off hand, Zoroark was also made to be similar to Lucario.
Zoroark having similar body structure to Lucario is pretty much why I am against his inclusion because he would more likely then not keep Pokemon from getting five slots by squeezing Mewtwo and Lucario out of the picture. But that's a discussion for another day.

D

Deleted member

Poll has ended. Getting the new day up as soon as possible.

D

Deleted member

Zelda had a highly impressive run this time around. She earned herself a score of 98.23%, which was almost perfect in her eyes. She gave a smile and a wave to the crowd to show here appreciate. She then transported herself out.

The results were also good for Victini. It scored a decent 64.15% as it was considered by many people and more to come to be a great candidate for SSB4, which pushed its deserving score in 4.11. Victini said its name and jumped around as people cheered it on. Victini then left the building and went back home, hoping he would be accepted.

Pokemon Trainer and Isaac stepped up to the plate, awaiting their likely faith.

Lightosia wins five more newcomer nominations. Kudos to him.

You may now rate how likely Pokemon Trainer and Isaac are.

On deck are Marth and Takamaru. You may predict the score they get tomorrow, although only Takamaru will count towards winning nominations.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I'd type more, but I had wisdom teeth surgery so I don't feel up to it... :)

Pokemon Trainer ~94% A fantastic character addition with great appeal and solid design. Very possible to represent a different generation next time. Want- 5

Isaac-~ 84% One of the most likely additions, popular, tons of potential and deserving. Want-3

Newcomer- Skull Kid x5
Veteran- Zero Suit Samus x5

Prediction-
Marth- 95%
Takamaru- 54%

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pokemon Trainer - 95%

3 Characters in one, who doesn't want that, Red (while often misstaken to be Ash) is awesome to have somewhat playable and is very deserving, Charizard is the most popular Pokemon in the franchise (eat your heart out Pikachu), his chances only go down if they use a new Gen. Trainer. I want him back, 5.

Issac - 80%

How he wasn't in Brawl is beyond me, very deserving, could have a unique moveset with his sword and Psy Energy powers (mix of Toon Link and Zelda?), I give him a 5.

Prediction:
Marth - 98%
Takamaru - 47.77%

Nominations:
Snake x5
Caeda x3
Ryu Hayabusa x2

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Pokemon Trainer - 65%

Pokemon Trainer was one of the more unique additions to Brawl. While he is guaranteed to return in some form, the question is what form.

Most likely, IMO, we will keep both the Red character design and the first-gen Pokemon. I'd give the chances of Brawl's Pokemon Trainer returning unaltered at around 65%.

However, we could also see some new Pokemon from other generations swap with some of Brawl's Pokemon to give better representation, or see a new, more current design for Pokemon Trainer himself. The chances of this occurring are around 35%, IMO.

The chance I gave for Pokemon Trainer is based on the fact he returns unaltered. If the chance represents Pokemon Trainer returning in any form, his chances are definitely 100%. And yes, he's deserving (5).

Isaac - 85%

Much like Little Mac, Isaac is one of the more likely new franchise reps. He's popular; the release of Dark Dawn keeps him relevant, even if he wasn't the protagonist; he's more iconic than Matthew; the reveal of his franchise at Nintendo E3 conference proves that Nintendo see his franchise as important and viable; and his earth-based powers would create a unique moveset.

Simply put, there's not much reason to not put Isaac in for SSB4. He's less likely than Ridley or Little Mac, but if we get a second new franchise rep after Mac Baby, Isaac will very likely be it. I think Isaac has almost everything going for him, so I think he's deserving (5).

Nominations:
Yoshi x5
Mike Jones x5

Predictions:
Marth - 100%
Takamaru - 80%

D

Deleted member

Just FYI, forgot to mention that only Takamaru will result in players winning more nominations. Sorry for not making that clear.

Going to make my post now...

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Trainer

Pokemon Trainer will be coming back in some form, the question is, will he return as Red? I sure hope so and I have a very good feeling about it.

Despite not being as relevant as a 4th gen Pokemon Trainer, Red was selected over Lucas. Why is that? Because he was the most popular and important Pokemon Trainer in the series; being the protagonist of the game that started it all and continues to be loved to this date. It shows that relevancy isn't everything and that importance to the series is the most important factor in deciding characters. He was a decently popular choice for a Melee rep and thinking about it, he deserved to be in that game over Pichu. Screw it if it gave us no 2nd gen rep, at least it would have been great.

With that said, there is no reason for him to go. His only threat is the possibility of a 2nd/3rd/5th gen Pokemon Trainer taking his spot; but this move would cause lots of outrage, moreso then Mewtwo's removal, so I doubt he's going anyway.

90%

Isaac

There is no reason why Isaac should not get in. He would be incredibly unique and would be a fantastic character that would make many people happy. He also reps a popular C-list series. Deserving

While I wouldn't mind Matthew getting in, he has numerous problems with his inclusion. The only thing going for him is that he's the protagonist of the latest game and that he is relevant, which is probably not going to be enough to get him a spot. He has very little fan demand, his game was the worst selling and worst received game in the series (Not bad, but not as good as previous games), and while important, is not really the defining face of Golden Sun. Picking him over Isaac for the sake of relevancy would be a slap in the face for fans who desperately want Isaac in (I guarantee you that fans are more picky about Golden Sun reps then me, so this is understandable). As such, his chances are low.

Isaac is still relevant, was the protagonist of the best-selling and best-receiving game, is the most important character in the game, and receive near unanimous demands for his inclusion in SSB4 (When was the last time people spoke against him?). Icing on the cake, he was an Assist Trophy in SSBB. This is a case where importance and popularity by far overpowers relevancy to the series. Since Isaac has all three and I doubt Matthew will be playable; I don't think it's a question of Isaac or Matthew, but likely instead Isaac or no Golden Sun rep.

80%

I predict 71.22% for Takamaru.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Trainer - 96 %

I really don't see this character to leaving Smash Bros. as he is a perfect representative for the Pokemon series. He is very unique, and well loved as well in the Smash community.

Issac - 85 %

I think Issac has a solid chance of getting in. He would be able to rep an unrepresented series and I'm sure that he would bring some kind of unique moveset. However, it does depend on how relevant his series still is by that time (though I see Issac getting in).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
PKMN Trainer: 60%

Quite sure Red makes it back- but there's quite a huge chance he'd be changed up to representate newer gens of PKMN. (-i-i-)

I'd wish him to get back though, and please, he'd better have his stamina-mechanic being removed.

Isaac: 80%

Yep, I really believe strongly that this guy is that likely. As many have said, he representates one of the best defining franchises on GBA, and even if being another sword-character, he'd be actually very unique one by use of Psynergy-moves. Since his element was earth in Golden Sun, he'd have some attacks based on that- special moves might consists of some Psynergy spells too. (The notable example would be Move as the Side-B- can push enemies out but to not make overpowered, it charges by time like Wario Waft)
Down B? Djinns, surely. Or they will be the assist trophies.

This guy's also superly POPULAR, so I'm quite sure he's pretty much in the same level as Mac. (-lvl-)
Matthew-issue is quite same as the Isa Jo-question when talking about Sin & Punishment-rep. At the end revelancy doesn't really matter- just look Marth.

Yeap, he's absolutely deserving. (5)
Isaac and Stafy together just makes my heart jump. Go GBA Team!Nominating:
Newcomers:

x4 Lip
x1 Bomberman

Veterans:
x5 King Dedede

Predicting Takamaru to get 68%.

D

Deleted member

Here are my nominations:

(Veterans):
Bowser (x5)

(Newcomers):
Medusa (x1)
Ryu Hayabusa (x1)
Diddy and Dixie Kong (x1)
Slime (x1)
Meowth (x1)

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Trainer- 99%. Unique character, no real need to remove him. The individual pokemon might get changed up a bit, but that's it.

Isaac- 90%
FOR
-Popular among fans.
-From a successful series.
-Was an AT in Brawl.
AGAINST
-Nothing much.

Veterans: Snake [3], Sonic [2]
Newcomers: Medusa [3], Caeda [2]

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer: 96% (as is, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Isaac: 81%

Predictions:
Takamaru: 53.9%

Nominations:
Wario x5
Mii x4, Tingle x1

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Question out of curiosity:
If anyone has any idea or record of it, in the successful version of RTC for Brawl, what were the final Top Ten (where seven of the characters made it in in some form)?

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
Pokémon Trainer - 93%.
Pretty much what P. Maniac.
Want lv: 5

Issac - 88%
Want lv: 4

Nominations :star:
Vets-
:falcon: x5

Newcomers-
Eggman x1