• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Day Sixty: Ashley Robbins and Ragna the BloodEdge

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon- Original 12, and, even if he wasn't, his massive popularity from the game would bring him back.

Medusa- 90%
FOR
-From Sakurai's own series.
-Lots of fan requests.
-Main villain of a very anticipated reboot of a popular series.
-Would represent 2 minorities in Smash; females and villains.
AGAINST
-Some people are still stuck on her "eye in a wall" portrayal from the original game.

Om-nom-nominations
Veterans: Toon Link [x5]
Newcomers: Ghirahim [3], Black Mage [2]

D

Deleted member

@ZeldaMaster_1: To keep from losing interest, I plan on doing that.

Barbasol

Smash Ace

Douglas Falcon ~ 100% Want Level 5
He's become a sensation thanks to his Smash Bros. appearances, delving into the tongue-in-cheek hero he is today. It's a bit hard to take him seriously, but he's the Chuck Norris of the video game world. And I will gladly welcome him back.

Medusa~ 58% Want Level-3
She could provide some very interesting moves if she were to utilize her snake hair, that combined with her recent surge in Kid Icarus Uprising based popularity, it's quite possible. However, T don't really see Kid Icarus as the kind of premiere Intellectual Property that Nintendo would find worth devoting more resources too. It's not a flagship, and just saw a resurgance, Pit may be enough Smash representation.

Prediction:
Mii ~28%

Nomination:
Veteran- G&W x5
Newcomer- Waluigi x2
Black Shadow x2
Samurai Goroh x1

@SSBF

That, or once a week you could do a renomination special where a community-agreed character can be reevaluated.

D

Deleted member

Barbasol said:
@SSBF

That, or once a week you could do a renomination special where a community-agreed character can be reevaluated.
I don't plan on doing any re polling until after E3 2012/2013 and a trailer is revealed for the game. When that time comes around, we'll see.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Captain Nipples - 100.001 %

Medusa - 45%

Medusa would make sense if Sakurai would consider putting Palutena in. Still with kid icarus uprising, I could see her making a debut a ssb4.
want level - 3

nomnomation:

Kirby *5
Tails*5

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon - 9001% (100%)
Want lv: Hyesz! (5)

Medusa - 60%
Though I can easily see another KI character being added. She has competition for the 2nd slot of KI with Palutena whom has already technically appeared in a smash game (As a non-playable) though that said Pit's Final Smash involves a brief appearance of Palutena and being called "Palutena's army".
Though i'd prefer Palutena over Medusa I think Medusa has a slightly higher chance just because Palutena might get stuck as a Final Smash/story/cameo (with Pit) character again and because of being the main villain of the series.

Want lv: 3.3

Nominations :star:
Vets:
:snake: x2
:rob: x2
:sheik: x1

Newcomers:
Dr.Eggman x2
Palutena x1
Fawful x1
Lloyd Irving - x1

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Caps

YES. He is quite a symbol of smash with his Falcon Punch.
100% 5-deserving

Medusa

Hmm, I have to wait Kid Icarus: Uprising release to give a solid prediction. For now, her chances are good, because:
1- It is from a reboot made by Project Sora. We know that Sakurai is favorable to his characters (as you can see in Brawl's SSE)
2-Is a villian, which the Smash series is lacking.

So, when Kid Icarus release, her chances may change.
For now..

47% 3-neutral

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nominate (Veterans):
Snake (x5)

Nominate (Newcomers) DOUBLE POWER:
Genesect (x6)
Waluigi (x4)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mii-78%

D

Deleted member

@Lightosia: You have five more nominations you can use for getting your prediction 100% right yesterday.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
@Zzuxon: I believe you only have five newcomer votes, so your nominations for Bubbles will count only once
No, I have 8 newcomer votes, because of my accurate prediction of Isaac's score, but after it was predicted by ---.

D

Deleted member

No, I have 8 newcomer votes, because of my accurate prediction of Isaac's score, but after it was predicted by ---.
Sorry about that. Will add those in now...

Anyway, pretty much forgotten about this. I need to update it now. -0-0-

Yes, day has ended.

D

Deleted member

Captain Falcon gets 100%.
Medusa gets 63.35%

Flavor later...

Young Horsetail wins five newcomer nominations.

You may rate Zero Suit Samus and Mii today. The poll ends at 8:00 PM CST. On-deck are Yoshi and Waluigi; you may predict what the latter gets tomorrow.

On rating Mii's likeliness, be extra careful not to let too much bias get in the way.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Zero Suit Samus~ Abstaining Honestly, I have no idea with this one. Normally I'd weigh the options, but there's just too much up in the air.

Mii's

Dunno, to me telling people to be unbiased this one time is biased in and of itself. ;)

Mii's were touted as this amazing feature exclusive to the Wii when it was launched. With appearances throughout Wii Sports, Mario Kart, and etc., they were a cute way to get adults laughing at how silly they were.

Let me reiterate: The Mii was at it's height during Brawl's development. And since then, they've become relics of the Wii's stagnant release cycle of Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort, and Wii Music. Plus, they lost much of their originality when Xbox Avatars came out, which were, arguably, FAR MORE in depth with customization options.

Brawl came out while Wii Fit, Wii Sports, and etc. were at their prime, and they STILL didn't make it in as some kind of custom fighter, why should they get in to WiiU/3DS Smash Bros where they're only a nod to generic characters? Why not have Wire Frames or Alloys?

Mii's aren't anything special. They served their purpose, but there are bigger boys to fry. If they were to make it in at all, it would have been when Wii boasted it's Mii Channel service across several games. Even worse in likelihood, we have no idea if they are returning for WiiU.

Mii Not Coming- 17%
Mii No Like- Want Level 1

Nominations:
Black Shadow x3
Samurai Goroh x2

Predictions:
Waluigi-51%

D

Deleted member

Barbasol said:
Mii's aren't anything special. They served their purpose, but there are bigger boys to fry. If they were to make it in at all, it would have been when Wii boasted it's Mii Channel service across several games. Even worse in likelihood, we have no idea if they are returning for WiiU.
Look at the Chase Mii demo from E3 2011. They are back.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Z.S. Samus - 100%

But I do hope they change some mechanics on switching between her and regular Samus. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS SACRED, DON'T let her act like she did in Other M!

Mii - 70%

Chances are they'll make an appearance in some form, with the many new Wii Series games out now it should be even easier for them to get in and have a unique moveset, now being on the Wii U and 3DS only increases their chances,

Plus who doesn't want themselves in a fighting game beating up a video game character or someone you hate? I give them a 3.

Predictions:
Yoshi - 100%
Waluigi - 47.77%

Nominations:
Snake x3
R.O.B. x2
Ryu Hayabusa x5

D

Deleted member

Zero Suit Samus

I am expecting her to stay. The only reason why she would go is if the team feels like Samus doesn't need a transformation.

99%

Mii:

Not going to judge how likely they are. I fear my biasness wouldn't reflect how likely I think they are.

If they get in, I am neutral on them. Avatars don't really sound fitting to me, but who wouldn't want an Obama Vs. Bin Laden Vs. Miyamoto Vs. Your Mama fight?

I predict Waluigi gets a 37.19%.

Nominations:

Vets nominations all go to Mr. Game & Watch (x5)

Newcomer nominations will go to Ryu Hayabusa, Slime, Diddy and Dixie Kong, Genesect, and Jiro.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Zero Suit Samus: 100%
(although possibly with a haircut :glare: )

Mii: 73%
I sense them coming for a variety of reasons, although I'd much prefer Animal Crosser as a customizable character. I don't want issues with too much variation of stats and hitboxes, this isn't Mario Kart where only a few things have to be taken into account...

Waluigi prediction: 42.8%

Diddy Kong x5
Samurai Goroh x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Instead of doing two newcomers a day once we run out of veterans, how about Rate Their Chances: Stages? We could be voting on three things at once: newcomer character, past stage, and new stage? This whole thing has been extremely organized so far, I think it would work.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@Zzuxon: I think that will work. In a situation like this, the first to predicting the closest score gets five more nominations, the second to predicting the closest score gets three more, and others who predict it gets one more. I will put this down in my FAQs on the OP.
So I've got three additional nominations?

Bowser's 200%.

:phone:
You automatically win this thread for using a Louis the Alligator avatar - with Louis in the same pose as on my avatar.

Captain Falcon

Why isn't he available from the start in Brawl? No reason to put him as an unlockable anymore.
The only reason they made him unlockable as well as Ness is they decided they wanted the original four unlockable characters from SSB unlockable again.

A stupid decision on Sakurai and the Brawl team's part.

Yes, let's make most of the expected or unexpected newcomers available at start and make mostly frickin' veterans we're all expecting hidden. That's great reasoning, SSBB team. :glare:

I'm still skimming through posts in the SSBWii U thread right now, so I'll post my chances for Mii and Zero Suit Samus later.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yawza! Finally hitted Lady Luck. (-lwl-)b

Anyway, on to characters:

ZSS: 97%

While her inclusion was quite mostly positive in means of moveset, I'm kinda wondering are they really gonna keep her like that for next game. Maybe to go on showing us she's a girl and not "Metroid" like in 80's.

Mii: 95%

I'm so expecting these guys to show up, even in form of being those "customisable" characters Sakurai was thinking about back in last interview for SSB4.
Or they might become the next Polygon/Fighting Wire Frame/Alloy-team. Dunno. But I'm so sure they'll be included in some form.

And now for the best part (for now)...

Nominating!

Newcomers:

x7 Lip

x3 Prince Sable

No for veterans today, chumps.

Predicting Waluigi to hit it somewhere 45%.

D

Deleted member

JavaCroc said:
So I've got three additional nominations?
Yes you do.
PaulKagebin said:
Instead of doing two newcomers a day once we run out of veterans, how about Rate Their Chances: Stages? We could be voting on three things at once: newcomer character, past stage, and new stage? This whole thing has been extremely organized so far, I think it would work.
Good point there, but if I ever do this, it will be on a separate blog.

Basically, I'm sticking to my plans on two newcomers per day after we run out of veterans for this thread and if I ever do Rate Their Chances (Stage Edition), I'll be doing the same thing their. We'll see.

D

Deleted member

Zero Suit Samus gets 99.20%.
Mii gets 55% and 2.33 in deserving.

No flavor since today was extremely uneventful.

PaulKagebein gets five newcomer nominations.

Up for polling are Yoshi and Waluigi with poll closing at 8:00 PM CST. On deck are Lip and Snake, the former of which can have it's score predicted tomorrow.

Yoshi - 100%

Duuuuurrrrr

Waluigi - 30%

He has no mainstream appearances in mario. He's just a spin off character. (wanted - 2)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Yoshi: 100%
Waluigi: 67%
If you want to represent Mario Party/Kart/Sports in SSB4, Waluigi is the best choice there is. And Mario Party/Kart/Sports is absolutely HUGE. There are more of them then there are F-zero, Star Fox, and Mother games combined, and I'd be willing to bet that 85% of all Households who have or have ever had an N64, Gamecube, or Wii have had at least 1. But knowing Sakurai, he will have trouble seeong past the fact that they are not fighting games. But, there is hope, because he wanted to put the Excitebiker in Melee. I give him a DESERVING.
Nominations: Bubbles x 4
Tingle x4
PREDICTIONS:
Lip: 56%

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yoshi - 100%

Waluigi - 60%

He is popular and would be fun to have playable, he is also deserving, but what holds him back is no mainstream Mario appearances in comparison to other possible Mario reps, I give him a 3.

Predictions:
Lip - 38.44%

Nominations:
R.O.B. x5
Krystal x5

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi- 100%. Original 12.

Waluigi- 10%
FOR
-Marginal popularity.
-Appeared as an AT in Brawl.
AGAINST
-Many more hate him than like him.
-Competition against Bowser Jr., Toad, and Paper Mario.
-Never appeared in a mainstream Mario game.

No nominations. Too lazy.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Yawshi ~100%

Waluigi~ 64% A few weeks ago I'd give like half of this... but I'm suspecting more and more he may be the real dark horse contender. Most people say Toad is the most deserving, or Bowser Jr. better summarizes the new games... But Waluigi is just there.

Right There.​

He's been ever present in spinoffs, and I don't think that's a knock against him. Smash Bros IS a spinoff. And despite ire, he IS significant. Just not in mainstream titles. I suspect he may actually crop up in lieu of Toad, Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario.

I'm not sure how I feel about that... but I think it's very possible.

Want Level 4

Predictions:
Snake 92%
Lip 43%

Nominations:
Samurai Goroh x3
Black Shadow x2

D

Deleted member

@Zzuxon: After Day-Twenty-Five, you only have five nominations now. Just saying. The only way to gain have more nominations is to predict the score most accurately. As such, unless you wish to change, Tingle will be counted just once.

D

Deleted member

Yoshi

Not going anywhere. Period.

100%

Waluigi

If this guy had more mainstream appearances, I would be more willing to accept him. However, he has none so until then, Waluigi should remain as an Assist Trophy. Unwanted

His biggest problem is the fact that he is a spin-off only character. My point being is this, why would Sakurai consider a spin-off only character over more deserving ones that have made mainstream appearance? Plus there are far better candidates; Toad, Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario to give out good examples. The fact he's a spin-off character makes him less important then major characters who have gotten mainstream appearances, which also makes him irrelevant to the mainstream games. Finally, he is hated upon by gamers and I doubt many people want hated characters in Smash.

The only thing giving him a chance is that he is an Assist Trophy and he exhibit move set potentials, but I don't think we will be seeing him on the selection screen anytime soon.

30%

Predicting that Snake get 82.14% and Lip gets 42.17%.

Nominations: (Vets)
Kirby (x5)

Nominations: (Newcomer)
Ryu Hayabusa (x1)
Slime (x1)
Diddy and Dixie Kong team (x1)
Genesect (x1)
Ghirahim (x1)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
@Zzuxon: After Day-Twenty-Five, you only have five nominations now. Just saying. The only way to gain have more nominations is to predict the score most accurately. As such, unless you wish to change, Tingle will be counted just once.
What, so my new nominations were temporary?

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Snake: 95%
Waluigi: 42%

Predictions:
Lip: 38.5%

Nominations:
Diddy Kong x5
Samurai Goroh x3, Vaati x6, Animal Crosser x1

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Yoshi - 100%

Waluigi - 45%

I'm beginning to think this guy's chances are underrated.

Yes, he is hated by many, but at the same time; do you notice how many SSB4 rosters include him? He actually is pretty popular outside the Smash Bros. community.

Yes, he's only been in spin-off titles, but his appearance is almost mandatory now in the spin-off titles.

Honestly, though Waluigi has bad chances, he's up there with Toad, Paper Mario, and Bowser Jr. as the most likely new Mario characters.

This is mainly based on gut feeling, but I really think this gut feeling is true. As Barbasol said, he is the dark horse contender for a new Mario character.

I wouldn't mind Waluigi being in SSB4. I'm neutral (3) on him.

My Nominations:
Young Link x8
Slime & Chobobo x5

My Predictions
Snake - 80%
Lip 40%

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yoshi: 100%

I love this guy that much- my most fave Mario-character, then comes Toad.

Waluigi: 32%

Expecting this guy to make it in? Too Bad, it's no Waluigi Time This Time.

I think the fact that he's an assist trophy is already enough for him. He first debuted in a spinoff, and thus has been this "spinoff guy" in Mario-series and not much else in main games (which seemingly makes me wonder why he's being even bothered with these days) Why he's not in Warioware-games with Wario, anyway? (-i-l-)

If Sakurai just felt like wanting to make a representative for Mario-spinoffs, this guy would be their mascot and first choice. But I don't think he will, sadly enough.
Moveset-wise this guy has though some potential (it's kinda wierd he got more care and love put in than Stafy did), but it's just sad he's quite worthless to Mario-series...

Unwanted. (2)

Nominating:

Newcomers

x5 Tingle

Veterans:

x5 Wario

Predicting Lip to get 50%

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Meh, I lost yesterday's rates. I was watching EVO, hehe
Yoshi

100% 5-deserving

Waluigi

Wa-wa-wa!
It seems some people hate him, huh?
While he has only appeared in spin off sports games, he has benn constantly in.
While I was once a supporter of him, I now think Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. deserves more that spot as a new Mario representative.
An AT for Waluigi is already a good representation.
I wouldn't be mad if he gets in, though.

51% 3-neutral

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nominate (Veterans):
Young Link (x5)

Nominate (Newcomers):
Genesect (x5)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lip-56%

D

Deleted member

Day has ended. Next day should be up by around 9:45 PM CST.

D

Deleted member

Yoshi get a perfect score. He jumps around, smiling when his score came out.

Waluigi got a poor 43.1% and 3 in deserving. He broke his tennis racket and started to throw things at the crowd in anger. He was then taken out.

PaulKagebin once again wins five newcomer nominations. Give him a round of applause for his fantastic ability to predict the future!

You may rate Snake and Lip today. The poll ends at 8:00 PM CST. On deck are Mr. Game & Watch and Genesect; whom the latter can have it's score predicted for tomorrow.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Snake: 95%
Lip: 35%

prediction:
Genesect: 14%

nominations:
Meta Knight x5
Tingle x2, Samurai Goroh x2, Black Shadow x2, Vaati x2, Krystal x2

Top Bottom