• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Day Sixty: Ashley Robbins and Ragna the BloodEdge

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sanke: 75%
I kinda wonder should 3rd party characters be kept as staple veterans for this game: this must not evolve into multi-company franchise fighter, ya know.

Lip: 79%

Ya wonder why I give this huge number opposed to many others who think she's kinda low on chances?

Here's huge and compherensive reasons:

(I really recommend reading these because these might actually change your opinions a bit about Lip's chances and how much obstacles she has to get in SSB4, or even the next installment after it.)

1. Nintendo's in huge need of a deserving puzzle representative, and more female protagonists being playable: Lip's being qualified by both, especially in puzzle representativeness. and deserves to be in Smash Cast mostly by that reason.
Besides I'm sick of using HER OWN PROPERTY as replacement of not her being in playable in Smash.

2. Since the time I've decided to look at Lip Stick's origin, I met her this way and her game series, which made me now very huge fan of Puzzle League today. I've thus been waiting forever to see her in Smash as playable, not all the time faceless. (Only a song, and her item, even that Kirby's Down B move ”Stone” had Lip's garbage block.
There's two hypothisis for this: they're either building up her debut for SSB4 or later, or can't just include her in any better way than this.

3. Lip will be able to presentate a puzzle genre more uniquely than Dr.Mario did. Puzzle League also needs to get revived or shown more prominently in Nintendo's history: it's an original puzzle game series that were produced by Gunpei Yokoi, why put a Mario-spinoff as a puzzle presentative?

- Sega used Puyo Puyo when doing their first Sega All-Stars-game.

- Konami again used Taisen Puzzle Dama-characters as bosses for Jikkyo Oshaberi Parodius's Sega Saturn/PSX version. Parodius one of their hugest crossover parody franchises.

But Nintendo hasn't so far presentated their original puzzle game series very well IMO (Despite even localised version like Tetris Attack and PKMN Puzzle League).
If Lip got in, Puzzle League/Panel De Pon would get more exposure than it has today, and be more better known as Nintendo's puzzle game series. Puzzle League has kinda died in videogame industry, despite it's innovation and originality: I'm still waiting for the sequel.

4. Lip's Stick can't be an obsctacle for her to come, it's her item, besides look at Screw Attack-item: Samus still retains Screw Attack-move despite that item appearing.

5. She's one of the most known obscure characters in Nintendo, but she's still popular in Japan. (See the official Panel De Pon-site) And nowadays, she has gained more fame than ever. This will make her just more requested if Sakurai pulled off that poll fr japanese again like what he did when developing Brawl,

6. While many have been thinking she's competing the retro slot with Takamaru, Lip's not a retro character, unlike what many think: her game appeared in 1995, and she's not a one-shot character like ones in the 80's games (Devil World, Clu Clu Land, Urban Champion, Ice Climber)
She's appeared in Planet Puzzle League, where you can unlock her stage after clearing all the Puzzles in japanese version. The stage has been locked up in localised versions, but not completely, as you can use Action Replay to get it.
To be honest, many fans of the series were actually more of disappointed for this action than content after finding out about it. (-l.l-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxiYnHIFY1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU5ITYgWgHA

And then there's infamous game Captain Rainbow.
I say let both Takamaru and Lip in- they quite equal each other in means of requested obscure Nintendo-characters. Takamaru was too generic in Samurai Warriors 3, but aside from that, he was great.

7. We need more female characters that are unique, Peach and Zelda are known to be very vital characters in plots, but Lip's a protagonist from her own game. Samus drives her role as famous game heroine very well, and I suggest we need more females that have this reputation too, not just damsels in distress (Though Zelda is less that).

8. Aside from her importance to Nintendo's puzzle game history, she would be interesting to implement: Lip's primary weapon is her flower magic which could utilise flowers and other natural plantlife as it's inspiration.
Shortly she'll be a mix of Ivysaur and Zelda, except replacing leaf powers with flower magic.
The developers could get creative to give her some original attacks.
For stronger attacks, she uses her stick, which has the same effect as the Lip's Stick, but is weaker They could make flower damage function like Nana's damage from Ice Climbers, but maybe a bit weaker. Lip might sometimes lose her stick, and others could use it, but Lip has to get it back. If thrown off stage, Lip should get automatically it back.

Here's the link to my moveset that shows what she can pull off based on her puzzle game series: http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=191409

9. Even though she might not appear in next SSB, she will become playable in the series itself eventually: I don't think the developers will keep on that trend of referring her SO MUCH with stickers, item, garbage block reference from Kirby's Stone-move and her song... It's like kicking a dead dog. Lip's fans must be happy for this fanservice, but it would wear off if done repetitively for rest of Smash-games. Sakurai's also been stating to not just make new SSB with just new characters and stages, but he's more into making an all new game with it: this might break rules regarding character additions.

Besides, if the developers are going to just use her stuff again, they will mostly go back to revise those things and add them in the games, like the item, music, etc...Maybe along the way when they're developing those things, couldn't they suddenly think of the character herself as playable? Lip as an Assist Throphy sounds though crucial and biased if there's even Lip's Stick as an item.
In my opinion that show's how much potential she has as a playable.

Absolutely deserving character, and one of the missing All-Stars of Nintendo, who'll be very unique and fit to representate the puzzle genre of Nintendo. (5)

I wish these reasons I pointed out have helped to show that Lip's not that unlikely, I mean, I would've seen it already myself as I'm being one of her hugest fans, but I've seen she can do actually much more.

Nominating:

Newcomers:
x5 Prince Sable

Veterans:
x5 Kirby

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Snake ~84% He's most likely coming back, but there's always the lingering possibility that guest characters might be one time only. And if either he or Sonic are going to leave... The hedgehog will edge out the serpent.

Lip ~31% She is one of those classic Nintendo characters that probably wouldn't have me raise an eyebrow if they made it on... but I can't say she's very likely. I don't expect her for the same reasons I don't expect Takamaru or Sukapon. When we get a region specific characters, it has to be a BIG franchise. The entirety of Fire Emblem or MOTHER 3 big.

She would bring a lot to the table, moveset-wise, series wise, etc. But I can't justify her likelihood of appearing being higher. Want Level-2

Sorry Horsetail, to me, that's why she SHOULD be in... but I don't see that as qualifying as IF she'll be in.

Nominations:
Duck Hunt Dog x5
Young Link x5

Predictions:
Genesect 22%

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Snake - 75%

He's popular, he's a veteran, but he is a 3rd party character, and we don't even know if Nintendo wants 3rd partys in SSB4, his chances are high for returning, but not as high as Sonic's,

If he comes back as Old Snake, I give him a 5. :cool:

Lip - 35%

While I can see her somewhat in Smash, she's not very likely and lacks fan support, personally I think she'd be better as an Assist Trophy, plus we already the Doc for a puzzle rep and chances are he'd get in before her, I give her a 2.

Nominations:
R.O.B. x5
Ryu Hayabusa x5

Predictions:
Genesect - 7.77%

D

Deleted member

So an essay on why Lip is likely? My response on why this doesn't change my mind (I hold nothing against your vote on Lip as I will count it, but remember, I did encourage debate).
Young Horsetail said:
Nintendo's in huge need of a deserving puzzle representative, and more female protagonists being playable: Lip's being qualified by both, especially in puzzle representativeness. and deserves to be in Smash Cast mostly by that reason.
Besides I'm sick of using HER OWN PROPERTY as replacement of not her being in playable in Smash.
Being a female does not increase's ones chances. The only ones with decent shots at being playable are Medusa and Dixie Kong and they have a decent shot for more then being females.
Young Horsetail said:
Since the time I've decided to look at Lip Stick's origin, I met her this way and her game series, which made me now very huge fan of Puzzle League today. I've thus been waiting forever to see her in Smash as playable, not all the time faceless. (Only a song, and her item, even that Kirby's Down B move ”Stone” had Lip's garbage block.
There's two hypothisis for this: they're either building up her debut for SSB4 or later, or can't just include her in any better way than this.
Not seeing much of a build up. Just a song, some stickers, her Lip Stick, and Kirby's Down B move? The fact that she didn't get much exposure if anything, shows that Sakurai lacks interest in the series.
Young Horsetail said:
She's one of the most known obscure characters in Nintendo, but she's still popular in Japan. (See the official Panel De Pon-site) And nowadays, she has gained more fame than ever. This will make her just more requested if Sakurai pulled off that poll fr japanese again like what he did when developing Brawl
Lip gets very little popularity within the Smash community. The only place where it's even semi-noticeable is GameFAQs. Everywhere else, if you suggest Lip, you will be shoot down. Takamaru has been more widely accepted to the gaming community and is generally regarded as more likely. This isn't just for one reason, she has multiple things going against her inclusion. And what if she did poorly in the Brawl polling? It'll pretty much seal her faith as a playable character in SSB4.
Young Horsetail said:
While many have been thinking she's competing the retro slot with Takamaru, Lip's not a retro character, unlike what many think: her game appeared in 1995, and she's not a one-shot character like ones in the 80's games (Devil World, Clu Clu Land, Urban Champion, Ice Climber)
She's appeared in Planet Puzzle League, where you can unlock her stage after clearing all the Puzzles in japanese version. The stage has been locked up in localised versions, but not completely, as you can use Action Replay to get it.
To be honest, many fans of the series were actually more of disappointed for this action than content after finding out about it. (-l.l-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxiYnHIFY1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU5ITYgWgHA

And then there's infamous game Captain Rainbow.
I say let both Takamaru and Lip in- they quite equal each other in means of requested obscure Nintendo-characters. Takamaru was too generic in Samurai Warriors 3, but aside from that, he was great.
Neither Takamaru nor Lip can definitely be considered retro characters. A retro character by Sakurai's definition is someone that has not appeared in a game for sixteen years. Lip got a cameo in a game that absolutely bombed in Japan, Takamaru got a remake inside Samurai Warriors 3. Takamaru is certainly relevant whereas Lip can barely even be considered that. This hurts Lip's chances a lot. I very much doubt both Lip and Takamaru will get in.
Young Horsetail said:
We need more female characters that are unique, Peach and Zelda are known to be very vital characters in plots, but Lip's a protagonist from her own game. Samus drives her role as famous game heroine very well, and I suggest we need more females that have this reputation too, not just damsels in distress (Though Zelda is less that).
Refer to the first argument for why the female argument is BS.
Young Horsetail said:
Even though she might not appear in next SSB, she will become playable in the series itself eventually: I don't think the developers will keep on that trend of referring her SO MUCH with stickers, item, garbage block reference from Kirby's Stone-move and her song... It's like kicking a dead dog. Lip's fans must be happy for this fanservice, but it would wear off if done repetitively for rest of Smash-games. Sakurai's also been stating to not just make new SSB with just new characters and stages, but he's more into making an all new game with it: this might break rules regarding character additions.

Besides, if the developers are going to just use her stuff again, they will mostly go back to revise those things and add them in the games, like the item, music, etc...Maybe along the way when they're developing those things, couldn't they suddenly think of the character herself as playable? Lip as an Assist Throphy sounds though crucial and biased if there's even Lip's Stick as an item.
In my opinion that show's how much potential she has as a playable.
That is your opinion. I think there's a more then sizable chance that she will NEVER be playable in any Smash game. Is Lip a trophy? No she is not? That goes to show how much you over exaggerate her chances.

There are many reasons why Lip is very unlikely to make an appearance as a playable character in SSB4. She is irrelevant, unpopular outside of Japan, receives very little requests to be playable, you over exaggerate how much reference Lip gets when she didn't even get a trophy, and you completely ignore the skirt issue that Sakurai said himself that it would be too inappropriate for her to be in Smash. Takamaru will very likely be chosen over Lip as a playable character.

I rate Lip as a dismal 25%

I am Neutral on her inclusion though, so it's not like I hate her. That said, as big of a Lip supporter you are, I would like to be convince otherwise.

Snake

Snake got in because Kojima practically begged Sakurai to put him in Melee but it was too late. Thus, he got into Brawl. Kojima and Sakurai are also friends and Snake is an incredibly popular Smash player. MGS3 is getting a remake on the 3DS as well, which also helps his chances of returning.

Two things that may get him cut is that he's third-party and that Konami's relationship with Nintendo is not as good as that with Sega's. Still, he has a very good shot of being playable.

80%

Predicting that Genesect gets a 22.72%.

Nominate Kirby five times.

Nominate for newcomers:
Ryu Hayabusa (x1)
Slime (x1)
Diddy and Dixie Kong team (x1)
Deoxys (x1)
Ghirahim (x1)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Being a female does not increase's ones chances. The only ones with decent shots at being playable are Medusa and Dixie Kong and they have a decent shot for more then being females.
You're meaning in the that Medusa's a villain and Dixie's prominent heroine in DKC-series, right?
Lip's a protagonist in puzzle game series- that would say as something... or not.

I didn't though mean saying that her being a female character increases her chances more than her being puzzle representative.

Not seeing much of a build up. Just a song, some stickers, her Lip Stick, and Kirby's Down B move? The fact that she didn't get much exposure if anything, shows that Sakurai lacks interest in the series.
Sakurai isn't interested on Panel De Pon?
I remember back in N64-days reading something about Sakurai calling Panel De Pon " a masterpiece".

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostReturn009.html
-A person makes a list of suggestions, only one of which Sakurai acknowledges. They say they want more female characters like Lip from Panel de Pon put in the game. Sakurai says he thinks Panel de Pon is a great masterpiece. Then he says some stuff which I'm not really sure of the meaning.

I found it in here:

http://fryguy64.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ssb&action=display&thread=2418

That matters at least someway: we can't really say Sakurai isn't interested on the series.

There are many reasons why Lip is very unlikely to make an appearance as a playable character in SSB4. She is irrelevant, unpopular outside of Japan, receives very little requests to be playable, you over exaggerate how much reference Lip gets when she didn't even get a trophy, and you completely ignore the skirt issue that Sakurai said himself that it would be too inappropriate for her to be in Smash.
Maybe you're right on those parts. I don't get it though, if she's all that, why they keep referencing on her like that? Kinda makes me feel sick a bit. If it's just because to appeal at Puzzle League-fans, it'll get old very, VERY quickly.

And where did he say about the skirt issue? They would just give her bloomers and we're all set. Really.

And she'll never be in a Smash-game? Geez. That's brutal. I don't really believe on that though. I might just stop supporting her for good then if that was being true entirely.

There then... that was not much convincing...

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Takamaru will very likely be chosen over Lip as a playable character.
Which I would find an insipid choice for Sakruai and his team.

Yes, Takamaru is more relevant now and more likely, and Lip is less likely, I'll give you that. But you have completely underrated Lip's chances for SSB4. Lip, IMO, is more deserving as a retro rep than Takamaru, and more likely than you think.

Lip - 50% and Deserving (5)

Snake - 88%

Snake is a third-party character. His company also arguably is in not as good of a relationship with Nintendo as Sega or Square Enix is. Those are about the only factors against Snake's inclusion.

However, Snake is now a popular Smash Bros. character, he probably made Konami some good money off his appearance in Brawl, and the 3DS remake of Snake Eater shows how the Metal Gear franchise is expanding.

Snake could go, but I don't think he is.

Is he deserving? I personally think he's earned his spot in the Smash Bros. series. 4 and Wanted

My Nominations:
King Dedede x5
Black Shadow x5

My Predictions:
Genesect - 20%

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Snake- 90%. There's a chance that he could be removed but, due to the circumstances surrounding his inclusion, I doubt it.

Lip- 35%
Not going to bother with my normal pro\con list, but she's nowhere near as popular as Takamaru and I believe her most recent game bombed. However, if Sakurai liked Panel de Pon so much, she might have a chance. I'm still pretty doubtful though.

Nominations
Veterans: Meta Knight [5]
Newcomers: Black Shadow [3], Black Mage [2]

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
About the guys saying Puzzle League DS bombed in Japan, it's not true:

Puzzle League DS sold about 143K at the year it was released. Punch-Out Wii again when localised to Japan, sold just about 19k. S&P 2 again sold 15 K.

Here's the sources:

PLDS: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Famitsu_2007_video_game_sales

POWII:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403378

S&P 2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403378

So it's like PunchOut's and Sin & Punishment's newest games bombed themselves in Japan: Panel De Pon's recent game for DS didn't, though.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Snake: 94%
If nintendo get's rid of all 3rd parties, then he's going. But 3rd parties were a big draw in Brawl. You can make Mario fight Sonic! Or snake. Anyhoo, I very much doubt it will happen. NEUTRAL.
Lip: 49%
I like young horetails essay, but Lip is still not a super likely person. However, she would be an excellent DLC character. NEUTRAL

Nominations:
Bubbles x2
Tingle x3
PREICTION:
Genesect: 48%

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
Snake - 89%
Want lv: 5

Lip - 40%
Want lv: 3 (neutral)

Nominations :star:
Vets:
:metaknight: x1
:drmario: x1
:popo: x1
:rob: x1
:sheik: x1

Newcomers:
Dr.Eggman x1
Palutena x1
Fawful x1
Lloyd Irving x1
Flint x1

Predictions:
Genesect - 30%

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Snaaaaaaaaakeee?

Sonic actually boosts Snake's chances. It is like this: Sonic is almost a guarantee. Everyone wants to see Sonic fighting Mario. If Sonic stays, Metal Gear fans would be upset if Snake isn't in.
Also, it is a good way to advertise his future games: Metal Gear HD collection and MGS3DS.
89% 5-deserving

Lip

Well, there are many references to Panel de Pon since Melee's debut. From an item to music and stickers, it looks like she is getting more chances in every smash.
Her moveset could be quite unique, using puzzle blocks and her Stick for example.
Also, Sakurai seems to like her. That's why I think she has more chances than Takamaru.

59% 4-wanted

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nominate (Veterans):
Young Link (x5)

Nominate (Newcomers):
Black Shadow (x5)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Genesect-49%

D

Deleted member

Snake escaped from the building before a bomb, carrying with him an excellent 86.90% overall. Lip was not so lucky, with her flower wilted when her score was revealed to be at a mediocre 48.3%.

Unless I missed some prediction, I believe that I win five veteran nominations. I will run back to see if I was right. Young Horsetail wins five nominations for newcomers.

Up for polling are Mr. Game & Watch and Genesect. Poll ends at 8:30 PM CST (I have to work late). On deck are Kirby and Ryu Hayabusa. You can predict the score Ryu gets tomorrow.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Mr. Game & Watch: 100%
Genesect: 8%

prediction:
Ryu Hayabusa: 7.1%

nominations:
King Dedede x5
Tingle x3, Samurai Goroh x2

D

Deleted member

Mr. Game & Watch

Great WTF! character that deserves to stay.

100%

Genesect

I very much doubt Genesect will ever make a playable appearance and truth be told, he will never have much of a chance. The fact that he hasn't been revealed yet makes it impossible for him to be relevant, not to mention that he is less popular then Zoroark or Victini are now. He will also have almost no importance to the series until a few years off thanks to not being relevant.

Genesect is stuck in an unfortunate position where only a miracle will get him in as a playable character. Yet for some reason, I see him as a dark horse candidate. I do, however, Want him in as a playable character.

15%

Predict that Ryu Hayabusa gets 31.78%.

Nominations:
Shiek (x5)

Newcomers:
Duck Hunt Dog (x1)
Samurai Goroh (x1)
Ghirahim (x1)
Slime (x1)
Diddy and Dixie Kong (x1)

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Mr. Game n' Watch ~94% Very unique tribute to Nintendo's days. He's very likely to return, but there's always the possibility Smash Bros could have a shake up in Retro characters, etc. Want- 3

Genesect ~27% He's a possible new character, who will likely be featured around when Smash 4's roster will be determined. Like Zoroark is to Lucario, Genesect is like the new Mewtwo. But he doesn't have much notable popularity, exposure etc. I'd like him (Want level 5), but I doubt it. Victini is my bet.

Prediction
Ryu Hayabusa- 9%

Nominations:
Black Shadow x5

(I think my +5 to DHD yesterday went uncounted.)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mr. Game & Watch - 100%

Genesect - 1%

Based on how the Pokemon series and Nintendo handles event Pokemon he has no shot at all, chances are his movie will come out the year SSB4 is released, popularity doesn't matter on his inclusion as he must be recognied by Nintendo 1st before anything, I give him a 4.

Predictions:
Ryu Hayabusa - 45.44%

Nominations:
R.O.B. x5
Krystal x5

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Mr. Game & Watch

What made people believe he was getting cut in Brawl was an interview that actually went wrong (GW, IC and Young Link out and Krystal, Ridley, Toon Link in)
If he passed this "trial" before, I don't think he'll be removed.
There is a slim chance, though.
96% 5-deserving

Genesect

One problem for Genesect supporters: He is just like Arceus was for about 2 years, he isn't revealed to the public yet.
In a future pool, his chances will surely go up (movie release, for example).
But for now...

17% 2-unwanted

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nominate (Veterans):
Young Link (x5)

Nominate (Newcomers):
Black Shadow (x5)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryu Hayabusa- 4%

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Mr Game and watch is the the mascott of the first nintendo system, so he deserve his place as a playable character.
92 % Want level five

Genesect, I love and support this guy but at this point of time he is the Darkrai of Generation 5: huge poppularity but not available at this point of time and no movie.
For the competion with him we have:
Zoroark who is the first pokemon announced, is poppular and has already a movie (so he is in some sort the Lucario of generation five).
Victini is poppular and have his two movies in Japan two weeks ago so he is now the curent movie pokemon (not comparable to anyone of generation 4).
You will be agree than that is some strong competition for our poor Genesect.
18 % Want level 4

Prediction
Ryu hayabusa 12 %

Game and watch - 100%

Guaranteed to return.

Genesect - 20%

Same reason with anyone but I'd give him a want level - 4!

I predict:

Ryu gets a 45%.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
What made people believe he was getting cut in Brawl was an interview that actually went wrong (GW, IC and Young Link out and Krystal, Ridley, Toon Link in)
Minor correction. The interview stated it was Bowser Jr., not Krystal, who was joinging the cast in Brawl, as well as Ridley and Toon Link.

But it's true that if Mr. Game & Watch survived Brawl, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Mr. Game & Watch - 95%

He was a perfect WTF handheld character representing an oft-ignored chapter in Nintendo's history. His moveset was completely unique. And cutting him would create quite a backlash in the Smash Bros. community (not outside of it, though, since most other SSB players seem to not care for him).

However, he's not guaranteed. He could be cut for some new and different reps, but I doubt it.

Genesect - 25%

Everyone else has stated the reasons. If Game Freak has a specific planned time to reveal Genesect within SSB4's development and works closely with Sakurai, I can see Genesect having a better chance. Otherwise, he's simply unlikely. But he's definitely the "dark horse" 5th-gen contender for the Pokemon series.

Nominations:
Wario x3
R.O.B. x2
Krystal x4
Jiro x1

Prediction:
Ryu Hayubasa - 30%

D

Deleted member

Day has ended. Sorry that I forgot, getting to the next day. Hopefully, it'll be around by 10:00 PM CST.

D

Deleted member

Mr. Game & Watch in all of his retro fashion showed himself off to an outstanding 97.13%.

Genesect plummeted down to the ground with a terrible 16.38%, despite getting a 3.88 in want.

PaulKagebin wins five newcomer nominations.

Kirby and Ryu Hayabusa are up for polling. Day end at 8:00 PM CST. On-deck are R.O.B. and Duck Hunt Dog, both of which can be rated.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Kirby - 100%: He is a staple of the series and an Nintendo icon. He isn't going anywhere.

Ryu Hayabusa - 5%: I would have given him 1%, but because Team Ninja did work on Other M I gave him a couple of points for that. Not much as I doubt that will affect anything.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kirby - 100%

Ryu Hayabusa - 45%

• Next to Mega Man he has the next best chance of being the 3rd Party newcomer,
  • He has a good history with Nintendo with games on the NES, SNES, GB, NDS, and 3DS, and more announced for the Wii U and 3DS,
  • With the recent support with Team Ninja on Other M and the Metroid Stage in DoA 3DS, his chances go up even more,
  • His chances are only lowered due to Mega Man as his competition and being a 3rd Party character,

I give him a 4 (I think Mega Man should come before him).

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Kirby - 100%

Sakurai, the creator of Smash Bros., is the creator of Kirby. Enough said.

Oh, and he's deserving (5).

Ryu Hayubasa - 30%

Team Ninja has been developing a stronger relationship with Nintendo recently. Thanks to their work of Metroid: Other M and the confirmation of Ninja Gaiden on the Wii U, I could see Nintendo and Team Ninja taking advantage of their relationship and adding Ryu. Ryu's earlier games were all NES releases, and as --- notes, he's also had releases on many other Nintendo consoles, so he has a decent history with Nintendo.

However, simply being a third-party characters hurts his chances. In addition, he hasn't been popular at all yet in SSB4 requests. Team Ninja hasn't expressed interest either yet in him appearing in SSB4, while Capcom Japan has already contacted Sakurai on the subject of Megaman.

His chances are probably as good as most third-party characters right now - which is not saying much.

I really don't know much about him to give a definitive opinion. Neutral (3)

Nominations:
Pit x5
Sukapon x5

Predictions:
R.O.B. - 95%
Duck Hunt Dog - 50%

D

Deleted member

JavaCroc said:
while Capcom Japan has already contacted Sakurai on the subject of Megaman.
Link to this (Would love to see it)? All we've gotten is that Capcom Unity contacted Capcom of Japan to contact Sakurai about Mega Man.

Kirby

Made by Sakurai. Of course he's getting in.

100%

Ryu Hayabusa

Ryu from Ninja Gaiden would be great from Smash and is my second personal choice for a third-party rep. Not enough to be deserving like Mega Man, but I do want to see him in. Wanted

I think Ryu Hayabusa is among the more likely third-party characters not named Mega Man. He has a good history with Nintendo, with half of his titles having been on Nintendo systems (Present and upcoming games), recent collaboration with Nintendo on Metroid: Other M and Dead or Alive: Dimensions, one of the most well-known ninja characters of all-time, and his games been critically acclaimed.

However, he is third-party, so by default, third-party characters will never be shoe-ins, veterans or not. What keeps him below Mega Man and Slime is the fact he gets hardly any requests (Which can be said for anyone that isn't Mega Man and to a lesser extend, Geno). He is one of the more likely third-party characters, but still unlikely.

30%

Predicting R.O.B. gets a 92.14% and Duck Hunt Dog gets 27.28%.

Nominate Sheik (x5)

Nominate Tingle (x1), Krystal (x1), Slime (x1), Diddy and Dixie Kong (x1), and Samurai Goroh (x1)

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Kirby, Kirby, Kirby, he's the star of the show. Kirby, Kirby Kirby, that's a name you should know!~ 100%

Ryu Hayabusa ~ 2%: Now, this is at least unconventional in it's nature. I guess I can see the requester's logic in wanting Ryu. Made by Tecmo Koei, who have developed Other M through Team Ninja and featured Takamaru in one of their games.

But... that's really not anything substantial. I mean, Square has developed more games alongside Nintendo, companies like Level 5 have been strong in exclusive support, Namco featured Link in Soul Calibur. Yes, Other M was made by Team Ninja. But it's not like they're obligated to turn around and put Ryu in a game.

That and Ryu Hayabusa isn't very popular AT ALL by Smash fans. Even Ryu (SF) and Professor Layton are more widely requested. He also wouldn't bring anything interesting to the table, which is what Sakurai likes to go for. Shiek basically does everything Ryu would do. That's not so much a knock against him, but rather a nullifier.

Want Level- 1

Predictions
:
R.O.B.- 91.5%
Duck Hunt Dog- 30%

Nominations
Shiek x5
--
Kamek x3
K.K. Slider x1
Black Shadow x1

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Kirby: 100%
Ryu Hayabusa: 7%

predictions:
Duck Hunt Dog: 18%

nominations:
Diddy Kong x5
Tetra/Toon Zelda x5, Vaati x4, Samurai Goroh x1

Kirby 100% - Sakurai would be damn ******** if he was gonna remove Kirby. He created Kirby. I'd laugh at the person who'd give Kirby a 99.99% LOLOLOLOL.

Ryu Hayabusa 20% - Despite helping nintendo with Other M and a collaboration in DoA 3D, he's pretty much unlikely. However, I do want him (Want - 5)

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
Kirby - 99.99% 100%
Want lv: 5

Ryu Hayabusa - 23%
Want lv: 1

Nominations :star:
Vets:
:metaknight: x2
:popo: x2
:sheik: x1

Newcomers:
Dr.Eggman x5

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Kirby is unlike an other pink puffball really deserving to be in smash bros.
(>^u^)> 100% <(^u^<)

Ryu hayabusa have a good history with nintendo bus is a 3rd party and his not as requested than a Megaman, Slime or Bomberman.
11% Want level 1

Nomination:
Dr Mario X5

Meowth X3
Pacman X2

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I guess I lost my yesterday's nominations, right? Too bad. (-l-l-)

Kirby: 100%

Sakurai'll be (maybe) happy to see his little kid again- so why not?

Ryu Hayabusa: 48%

I might see him in, but I don't think he can make it as well as Megaman, despite the fact Nintendo's been working with his company a few times (with some... respect-reducing results... at least in Other M)

Nominating:

Newcomers:

x5 Tingle

Veterans:

x5 Wario

D

Deleted member

@Link2thelost90: You cannot use decimal when rating how much you want a character. As such, I'll count your Ryu Hayabusa vote as a two unless stated otherwise.
I was actually referring to what you just said, I just wrote it wrong. Sorry if I got your hopes up.
Not that big of a deal. I think there's a decent chance of that happening anyway.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Kirby
100% 5-deserving

Ryu Hayabusa

Not so popular character. Team Ninja has some good relations with Nintendo, and upcoming games for the 3DS and WiiU.
Even then, there are more popular choices, and I don't want him stealing other 3rd party slots.

10%- 1-Against

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nominate (Veterans):
Young Link (x5)

Nominate (Newcomers):
Black Shadow (x5)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duck Hunt dog-27%
R.O.B-98,5%

Top Bottom