• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Day Sixty: Ashley Robbins and Ragna the BloodEdge

Barbasol

Smash Ace
This brings up again: what can the DHD do?
DHD is a hunting dog, as such we can assume several things
1) He is a skilled tracker
2) Hunting Capabilties.
3) Familiarity with hunting tactics like the gun and clay pigeons.

We can extrapolate then that DHD could be a quadruped when he moves, but can rear back onto his feet for more powerful strikes like smash attacks or tilts.

It's more likely that we can see DHD to use clay pigeons, light guns, ducks, things he actually comes into contact with, rather than say... sprout a flaming phoenix whenever he punches.

Majora's Mask begs to differ @ potential

although, you also say potential when Toon link, who could have used WW items became a Link Clone as well...
Well, consider how many games each has to draw from. Young Link has his half of Ocarina of Time, as well as Majora's Mask. While Toon Link has Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Four Swords/Adventures, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, etc.

Yeah, Young Link has potential, but Toon Link has more... But, regardless, it's unlikely that Toon Link would revert to Young Link. A Young style link is only feature in OoT and MM, while Toon Link is a style that's been consistant throughout the handheld titles.

Dunno, personally I'd have Skull Kid, Tingle, or another seperate character.

How can you say the DHD has more potential than Eggman?
I'll concede this part for sure. A poor choice of words, I meant more like Robotnik isn't a fist fighter, and it would be very odd to see him abandon his machinery to stand on ground ala Mario & Sonic at the Olympics.

I do strongly feel that in the off chance Sonic gets a second rep, they would put in one of Tails/Knuckles/Shadow, and Dr. Robotnik would probably be third. I'd like him in, yeah. I just can't see it.

D

Deleted member

Young Link

I think we have a 90% of us getting a small Link in SSB4. The 10% assumes that Skyward Swords Link acts as a replacement for a Small Link with Tingle/Ghirahim taking the fourth spot. But since that's incredibly unlikely, it's a showdown between Young Link and Toon Link.

Right now, in terms of which small Link gets in, it's a neck and neck between Young Link and Toon Link. If neither gets a game between now and SSB4's release date, it is a toss-up. If Toon Link gets a game, Toon Link is almost certainly keeping his spot. But if Young Link gets Majora Mask remade on the 3DS and no Toon games comes out, Young Link is probably coming back.

He isn't guarantee a spot, but I will tell you this now; out of all of the cut Melee vets, he has the best chance to return.

45%

Dr. Eggman

He has very limited move set potentials and would have to rely on electronic devices to fight. Against

Let's be honest here, in the slim chance Sonic gets his buddy to join him, Dr. Eggman will almost certainly not be one of them. His only hope is that he gets the third spot which has like 1% or less chance of happening. Given how unlikely it is for Sonic to get a second rep in the first place, having almost no move set potentials, receives almost no demands, etc, it is ridiculous to assume he has a realistic shot of being playable. He will much more likely be a boss or an Assist Trophy, so hopes are better placed there.

There's also that slight chance Sonic may not even be playable in SSB4. Keep in mind that third-party characters are not guarantee.

5%

D

Deleted member

Nominate:

Meta-Knight (x5)

Ghirahim, Diddy and Dixie Kong, Samurai Goroh, Slime, and Krystal.

Predicting 48.59% for Black Shadow.

Day has ended.

D

Deleted member

Young Link left the audience and went into the wood with shame as his inadequate score of 30.57% was revealed.

Eggman's invention broke when he was told that he gained an abysmal 14.14%. He swore revenge on Sonic and his friends, but many people doubted that.

Winner of veteran nominations is JavaCroc. Winner of newcomer nominations is me.

Up for polling are Black Shadow and Wario. Poll ends at 8:00 PM CST. On deck are Meta-Knight and Lloyd Irving. You may predict what Lloyd gets tomorrow.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Wario ~99% Possibly the most deserving addition to Brawl, Wario is coming back. "I'ma gonna win-a"

Black Shadow ~61% Black Shadow has definitely overtaken Samurai Goroh's popularity ever since GP Legend aired. The bull-headed villain is the most likely representative to come out of F-Zero due to his significance to the storyline and recent exposure. F-Zero is one of two only long-running franchises in Smash Bros that has appeared in all three games and hasn't received another game.

In fact, F-Zero has been dormant since 2006, and Fans are actively asking Nintendo for a new system. SEGA has also mentioned they were interested in developing another game like GX was. With Falcon being one of the most famous characters thanks to Smash Bros, another character is very possible. Want Level- 4

Nominations:
Rawk Hawk x5

Prediction: Lloyd Irving 15%

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wario - 100%

Black Shadow - 30%

F-Zero doesn't/won't need a new rep when the series is on halt/dead, plus he was awesome at the end of the F-Zero anime when he fought the Cap, "FALCON PUNCH!!!!!!" :cool:

I'm neutral on any F-Zero rep so I give him a 3.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wario - 100%: No way he is not returning.

Black Shadow - 10%: While he has support it isn't nearly as large as for Samurai Goroh. Plus a lot of people only want him in so he can take Ganondorf's moveset. Which isn'y very likely at all.

D

Deleted member

Wario

Anyone who thinks Wario isn't coming back has got to be kidding me here.

100%

Black Shadow

I'm neutral on any F-zero rep, however, I lean towards Black Shadow because I agree that he should take Ganondorf's move set. Makes a lot more sense he would be a lugified clone of Captain Falcon then Ganondorf. Neutral

I would say that he has the best shot of all F-zero reps to be playable. The F-zero GP Legends anime made him more popular then Samurai Goroh and there is a good reason for why people support him; to give Ganondorf his own move set, which I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai agreed with. He's also been moderately requested, so it's not like he's completely out in the left field.

Two things that could keep him from getting one. One is that Samurai Goroh is more highly requested and another more crucial thing, which keeps me from expecting a second F-zero rep, is that the series is at a screeching halt and lacks relevancy. This is not an absolute barrier, but it is a major barrier he has to cross if he gets in.

So he has a mediocre shot of getting in, but he's F-zero's best bet for a rep.

55%

Predicting Lloyd Irving gets a 13.26%.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wario: 99%

Sakurai now better give him his original and deserving Wario Land-based moveset.
Aside from that, he's quite likely, and one of my favorites.
EDIT:GO Javacroc! (->w<-)

Black Shadow: 48%

I've seen he's quite important in GP Legends, but I still wonder will Sakurai consider him. Goroh's been more known and prominent in appearances on Smash Bros, and fits more as Captain Falcon's rival.

I'm neutral at his inclusion. (3)

Nominating:

Newcomers:

x3 Meowth
x2 Vaati

Veterans:

x5
Pit

Predicting Lloyd to get 20%.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Black Shadow: 22%
Wario: 100%

prediction:
Lloyd Irving: 13.9%

nominations:
Pit x5
Samurai Goroh x5

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Wario - 100%

The question is if Sakurai will actually ******* pay god**** attention to the Wario Land side of Wario's franchise in SSB4. My guess? Sadly not. :mad:

I have this gut feeling that Sakurai thinks Wario Land rips off the Kirby series since both games involve transformations and Wario Land came after Kirby, and that this will mean all WarioWare once again.

If that's so, stop being ******* biased, Sakurai, and treat the franchise with the same representation you give WarioWare or any other major Nintendo franchise.

If not, nevertheless, Wario Land deserves more than a sticker! :glare:

Black Shadow - 50%

Black Shadow has been becoming more popular with requests, and this is the result of two events; one, his appearance as a major antagonist in the F-Zero anime, and two, the concept that he can take Ganondorf's old moveset and become a Luigified clone of Captain Falcon while Ganondorf gains a new, completely unique moveset. Both of these events increase his popularity, which helps increase his chances. In addition, Black Shadow was mentioned twice in Sakurai's pre-Brawl notes discussing potential characters - Samurai Goroh wasn't mentioned at all.

However, Black Shadow hasn't recieved as many requests yet as Samurai Goroh, although I feel he's nearing him. Samurai Goroh was an Assist Trophy, which gives the SSB4 team something to start with; Black Shadow only appeared as a trophy and sticker. And finally, the F-Zero series is on hiatus, which makes Black Shadow mostly irrelevant to current gaming.

He is tied with Goroh for the possible second F-Zero rep, but the problem; a new F-Zero rep isn't likely at all.

I wouldn't mind his inclusion, no would I mind his exclusion. Neutral (3)

Nominations:
Dr. Mario x10
Sukapon x5

Predictions:
Lloyd Irving - 15%

D

Deleted member

Would anyone mind if I extend today to 3:00 PM CST tomorrow since I have to work extremely early tomorrow and plan to go to sleep at 8:00 PM CST?

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Nominate:

Pit (x5)

Krystal, Samurai Goroh, Slime, Diddy and Dixie Kong, and Ryu (Street Fighter).

Day has ended

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wario: To some degree, he is a staple Mario character. He's the arch rival of Mario himself, and that alone is something that makes him worthy to be in Smash. But the fact that he has been taken step further and made his own series is just another reason that elevates him on the demand list. Wario gets a 95% in my book, and rightfully so.

Black Shadow: is in a stickier situation with me. He has Samurai Goroh as a major source of competition, who would most likely make it into SSB over him. That is, unless we already have someone like Lyn or Takamaru who uses a Katana. Circumstances can change, and for that reason I give Black Shadow a 40%. He gets a 4 in deserving, because hey, he is the main antagonist of his series right?

I nominate:

Pichu x5

Jill Valentine x5

I don't care if I'm late. >.<

I wrote this up, so I might as well post it!

D

Deleted member

Wario's love of money is showned as he rolls around in it with excite of his 98.5%.

Black Shadow was in a very vexed mood when he found out his score of 37.63%, a poor score that he did not expect. Despite earning a 3.2 in deserving, Black Shadow swore revenge.

PaulKagebin wins five newcomer nominations.

Meta-Knight and Lloyd Irving are up. Poll ends tomorrow at 8:00 PM CST. On-deck are Pit and Samurai Goroh. You may rate who the latter gets tomorrow.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Meta Knight 99%
Lloyd Irving 45% the only thing that is preventing him is whether or not Namco will allow it 5 WANT

prediction
Pit 99%
S. Goroh 45%

nominates
vet pichu 5
Newcomer Krystal 5

D

Deleted member

@ZeldaMaster_1: You mean 45.0% for Samurai Goroh?

Pit

Pit is returning, no doubt about it. I would be very surprised if he didn't get someone to come along with him as well. Actually, I'd bet on four Kid Icarus reps before Pit gets cut.

100%

Lloyd Irving

I have never really understood why people wanted him in Smash. I honestly feel that there are no good choices from Namco aside from Pac-Man and even him I'm neutral on. Lloyd just doesn't interest me. Against

On the contrary of me expecting two Kid Icarus rep, I do not expect any sort of rep from Namco. If we do, it will probably got o Pac-man, who isn't all that likely in the first place. Lloyd Irving is a famous Namco character, but not as big as Jin, Cassandra, or Pac-Man. He also receives very little demands for his inclusion and isn't very relevant. Not really much to go for him here.

10%

Predicting that Samurai Goroh gets 48.24%.

Nominate King Dedede (x5)

Nominate Krystal, Jiro, Slime, Diddy and Dixie Kong, and Ghirahim.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Meta Knight: Is pretty important to the Kirby franchise. I don't know much about him, but I see him as sort of the anti-hero, and one of the few major characters in the series. He, along with King Dedede are the only ones so far that are worthy of Smash without question, although I wouldn't mind a certain purple goop, of a certain gooey consistancy. Meta-Knight gets a 87% because he's just so likely.

Lloyd Irving: has been known to cross over into other games before. He once dueled with the likes of Cassandra and Nightmare in Soul Caliber. He also has a fanbase on these boards, and no doubt throughout America, Europe, and Asia. That being said, I see characters like Pac-Man, Klanoa, and Nightmare getting in before Lloyd. With all the competition, I put him at a 7% chance. He may be cool, but he isn't likely. Heck, no third parties are likely at this point. He gets a 3 in deserving.

I expect Pit to get a 98%, and Goroh to get a 63% percent.

I nominate:

Pichu x5

Jill Valentine x3 Kanan (The Last Story) x2

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meta Knight - 100%

Lloyd Irving - 10%

He may be the best shot for a Namco character (I have no idea how Pacman would work), but with average relations with Nintendo in comparison to other 3rd Party characters like MM, Ryu H, and even Layton he has a lower chance then them,

Although he also does have a good fanbase and is in many fan made Smash games, I give him a 2.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Metaknight: 98%

This guy's so surely gonna come back for some more. He's also very badass. AND VERY. VERY DEADLY in ones who can master him.

Lloyd: 18%

Really, while many say that Pac-man doesn't feel like being much likely, I don't think Lloyd's gonna get in. Sakurai's still keeping good eye on 3rd party characters, so we better not raise our hopes too high for him.

Feeling bad? Play then Smash Flash 2. That'll make you feel all better.

Nominating:

Newcomers

x5 Demille

Veterans:

x5 Diddy

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
Metaknight 100%

I doubt the most used character in Brawl will get removed.

Lloyd Irving 10%

Highly unlikely but hey, I'm giving it a 10% benefit of the doubt. Lloyd Irving hasn't been a consistent face, though I'd like to think of him as the face of the Tales series.

Newcomer Nominations:
Krystal
Pokemon Trainer with different starter Pokemon
Tails

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Meta Knight ~ 95% Sakurai loves him, he rose to prominence thanks for Brawl, and is well-regarded by the gaming community.

Luh-loid Irving ~ 8% Lloyd was actually a sizably requested character when Brawl was inbound, but he's fallen from good graces. And being a third-party makes him very unlikely in the first place. He doesn't have very many requests anymore, and isn't a prominent character. Want Level 1; I just think there are so many more interesting characters to add, rather than have another Isaac looking character.

Prediction:
Pit-97.8%
Samurai Goroh- 47%

Nominations:
Kamek x3
Rawk Hawk x2

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
MetaKnight - 99%

Sakurai created the Kirby franchise much like he created Smash Bros. Deserving (5). Enough said.

Lloyd Irving - 10%

I'll admit I know next to nothing about this character, so I probably can't accurately predict his chances. However, Namco isn't likely to get a third-party character in SSB4 in the first place, and if anyone, it's probably Pac-Man. Since I know little about Lloyd, I'm neutral (3) on him.

Nominations:
Pichu x5
Dark Samus x5

Prediction:
Samurai Goroh - 40%

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Meta Knight: 100%
Lloyd Irving: 3%

predictions:
Samurai Goroh: 31.1%

Vaati x5, Palutena x5

100% - Meta Knight: You guys think Sakurai will remove Meta Knight!?

5% - Lloyd: I think Pacman will go first to him if Smash bros gets an opportunity for a namco rep. I doubt were getting a namco rep

D

Deleted member

Meta-Knight prepared his Halberd with the news that he had a 97.8% of returning.

Lloyd Irving was deemed very unlikely to appear with his less than satisfying score of 13.6% He got a 2.5 in deserving.

I win newcomer nomination since I was the closest to predicting Lloyd Irving's score. Poll ends at 9:00 PM CST. On-deck are Diddy Kong and Krystal. You may predict who both gets tomorrow. Keep in mind that we are assuming that Diddy Kong returns by himself and not bring Dixie over, which is a possibility.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pit - 100%

Samurai Goroh - 43%

He has more popularity then Black Shadow, has been with the series seen the beginning and Sakurai recognized his popularity by making him into a AT, but with F-Zero on halt/dead their is no need or demand for another F-Zero rep.

D

Deleted member

Pit

Anyone who thinks he's getting cut is crazy. We will see four Kid Icarus rep before he gets the boot. I bet money on this.

100%

Samurai Goroh

I'm neutral towards any F-zero rep. While I can live without a F-zero rep, I am aware that Samurai Goroh can be upgraded to playable status and I have seen much worse. Neutral

It's really a toss-up for him. Samurai Goroh is an Assist Trophy in Brawl, which helps his chances already, not to mention that he has appeared in a NPC in Melee's intro, which helps him even more slightly. He's also the most popular choice for a second F-zero rep and important to the series since he's been in it since the beginning. Also, like Yoshi, F-zero only has one rep. I can easily see it getting a second one.

However, Samurai Goroh has a few major obstacles on his way. The first is that the series is on a halt, having not received an installment since 2004, making him totally irrelevant to gaming. Secondly, he faces competition from Black Shadow and Black Shadow is considered more popular then Samurai Goroh overall (not in requests, but just in popularity). There's also the fact that people seem to want a F-zero rep just because it is "due" for it when in reality, it can live with just Captain Falcon.

I think Black Shadow has the slight upper hand when it comes to likeliness, but Samurai Goroh is another possible choice. However, don't expect a F-zero rep due to it's irrelevancy.

50%

Predicting that Diddy Kong (solo) gets a 78.09% and Krystal gets a 42.07%.

Nominate King Dedede (x5)

Nominate Diddy and Dixie Kong, Slime, Ghirahim, Jiro, and Meowth.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Pit: 100%
Samurai Goroh: 16%

predictions:
Krystal: 37.1%

nominations:
Tetra/Toon Zelda x5

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Pit~ 97%
Samurai Goroh~ 46% I'd delve into it, but I'm busy.

Prediction:
Diddy Solo~ 89%
Krystal~40.5%

Nominations:
Doopliss x1
Kamek x4

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pit: 100%

He's so having his best times in his whole life, gotta admit. The other retro characters must be eating their hats and be so green of envy. XDDD
Though I don't think Pit's content with that fact...

Samurai Goroh: 51%

Seemingly "the one most next" F-Zero representative, though making a moveset for him might be a little bit of a stretch. He uses a katana, of course, but I wonder can Sakurai make him an interesting moveset?
If he makes it in, I can then expect Black Shadow, too.

I'm neutral at his inclusion. (3)

Nominating:

x3 Meowth
x2 Prince Sable

Veterans:
x5 Dedede

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pit - With Uprising literally being the last game Sakurai worked on, him not being in would just, not make any sense. There isn't much going against, him. . . at all. I give him a 99% chance of returning.

Samurai Goroh - Has fans. He does. While, I really don't know if F-Zero will get another racer into Smash, I can say that he's been in the series from the begining. On top of this, did I mention he has fans? He's one of the three Melee villains and him, along with Ridley, have yet to becom playable. His chances havent gotten worse, in-fact, now that Brawl has added almost all of the important characters, his chances are just that much more likely. I give him a 45% in likelyhood. He gets a 4 in deserving. While he isn't a must, he's definitely wanted, and fans should get what they want right?

x5 to the Ice Climbers

Jill Valentine x5

Diddy Kong, I'm guessing will get a 95%

Krystal will get a 46%

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Pit 100% after all Sakurai has been developing his most latest game

S. Goroh 50%