• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<b><span style="color: #00CC00;">Brawl & Melee:</span></b> London Gaming Con 2011 - D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
As I'm sure few of you are aware, AnimeLeague hosts a bi-yearly event at the rocket complex in London, in which there are normally Brawl and Melee tournaments.

This year, we're trying to make a much bigger deal of it, so we're inviting SmashBoards!
Hey it's Fuzzyness deciding to help out and run this tournament at London Gaming Con! So going to make sure this runs as smoothly as possible with the help of Jolteon and Anaky

This is going to be a big influence on UK smash so I want everyone to try and attend, especially cause its an awesome 2 day event with the whole gaming community in London and other Competitive communities around =)

Europeans are welcome! =D

Grand Finals for Melee Singles + Brawl Singles will be projected in front of hundreds of gamers!

Also, there's going to be other games going on including DDR, other fighting game tournaments so if you know anyone else interested feel free to invite them :D

Use the #1_ to search this thread easily

INFO #11

REGISTERING #12

TOURNAMENTS + PRICE #13

SCHEDULE #14

RULES #15

ACCOMODATION #16

INFO #11

18+ ONLY

Date

December 3rd + 4th

Venue Address

The Rocket Complex London Metropolitan University
166-220 Holloway Road
London
N7 8DB

Directions are on this website: http://www.londongamingcon.com/travel.php

T.V's

There will be CRTs definitely for melee, and Possibly LCD's for Brawl!

Setups

I require the community to bring setups, Otherwise this tournament will not run smoothly, thanks!

REGISTERING #12

http://www.londongamingcon.com/register.php

Register through the website, but when you Register put "Smashboards" in the notes section and pay only £10 for both days, Ignore the automatic email when you receive it saying to pay more!

BASICALLY £5 for each day..I had to make this huge and in caps since people don't understand apparently

This offer is valid until the 20th November (online) then the price will increase to £14 entry for both days (online)

Otherwise £10 on the door (each day at the event)

TOURNAMENTS + PRICE #13

Melee Singles - £5 Entry
Melee Doubles - £5 Entry Each

Brawl Singles - £5 Entry
Brawl Doubles - £5 Entry Each

Prize Pot Split : 60:30:10

SCHEDULE #14

Melee + Brawl Singles Signups - Saturday 11am -> 12am

Melee + Brawl Singles Pools + Brackets - Saturday 1pm -> 9pm

Melee + Brawl Doubles Signups - Sunday 11am - 12am

Melee + Brawl Doubles Bracket - Sunday 1pm -> 9pm

RULES #15

General Melee Rules
4 Stocks
Items Off
8 Minutes
Team Attack ON
Master Hand Banned lol

Melee Stages

Neutral Stages

• Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Dreamland 64

Counterpick Stages
  • Pokemon Stadium

General Brawl Rules
No Metaknight Ban
3 Stocks
Items Off
8 Minutes
Team Attack ON

Brawl Stages

Neutral Stages

• Smashville
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages

• Pokémon Stadium 1
  • Castle Siege
  • Halberd
  • Delfino
  • Frigate Orpheon

Other Rules

Stage Striking
- This is done first game (and only first) of every set.
This is where is where you do Rock, Paper, Scissors and who ever wins gets to Strike 1 of the Neutral Stages, then the Loser Strikes 2 Neutral Stages, leaving the winner to decide from the 2 remaining Neutral Stages to play on

Stage Banning - Each player is allowed 1 stage ban from the entire stage list for this tournament, but not before stage striking occurs

Advanced Slob Picks - Loser ALWAYS chooses next stage, then winner chooses character, then loser chooses character

Daves Stupid Rule - You cannot chose a stage you have just won on, unless your opponent agrees on it

The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is 2 minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After 6 minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set

B.Y.O.C - Bring Your Own Controller

ACCOMODATION #16

http://www.londongamingcon.com/register.php

If you need accomodation, information can be found on that "register" page.

or you can ask a fellow smasher to possibly house you

ATTENDANCE LIST!

MELEE

Fuzzyness
Professor Pro
VA
Alpha Dash
Jolteon
J3ly
Unreal
Deathgazer
Tamoo
Willz
GM Jack
JJlinyard
AC
Hao
Bullet Bill
Yeniths
Bishkin
AmcD
Mitsuki
X1-12
Brado
Fortune Cookie
L-J
Mr_Hero
Feather
Keoni
Daniel
Brawl

Anaky
Calzors
rko
Dueler X
Golden-psyco
Kyoshi
istudying
Marcbri
Sol64
Cloudrain
Laem
Neath
Mr-R
BeLia
Satanpute
Luigimitsu
Keoni
orion
gaki
Luke
Laurence
Blubolouis
XIII

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Interested.

Prize amount?

Edit: What TVs do you use? Melee lags on non-crt TVs. :/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh, hello, this is new
its on the same date as another smash event. but i can guarantee that this will gather more interest

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Suffice it to say that you will get a good attendance. Most of the UK smash community have been talking and are very interested in attending.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
I searched on the website but couldn't find this (sorry if I missed it):

Is the Melee tournament Saturday or Sunday night?

And are their setups for Melee friendlies during the whole convention?

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
What the **** is with these 18+ only tournaments. Youre gonna lose attendance, im 17, ive hosted and been too many tournaments. Such a stupid rule. Cant believe im going to miss out cuz of some ******* age limit for some 3 year old party game.

- Willz

:phone:

Laem

Smash Champion
I think the age limit is cuz this is hosted by "AnimeLeague" and people who go here for just that (anime) are probably pedophiles.

Smash though. In UK. I'm deff interested (and 19).

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
The reason for 18+ becauase theres a bar inside is the worst reason ever. Its like saying you can't go in a pub or club because theres a bar. Its not like everyones gonna be purchasing alcoholic beverages, and you don't have to be 18 to purchase soft drinks :L
I just went to a gig recently and there was a bar there and the gig was 14+!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The reason for 18+ becauase theres a bar inside is the worst reason ever. Its like saying you can't go in a pub or club because theres a bar. Its not like everyones gonna be purchasing alcoholic beverages, and you don't have to be 18 to purchase soft drinks :L
I just went to a gig recently and there was a bar there and the gig was 14+!

Stop beng mad. you wouldnt go anyway :B
all theyre doing is covering their ***** legally. cant really blame them for that

Heartstring

Smash Legend
stop being mad still
once again, theyre covering themselves from potential lawsuits. cant blame them

Laem

Smash Champion
^ Honestly that doesn't make sense. Last time I checked alcohol has to be bought, and when doing so you're required to show your ID when asked to.

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
What potential lawsuits? Stop talking out your *** GP. It would make sense to ID people at the bar for alcohol, not the tournament. There's no law which states you can't go in pubs/clubs cuz you're under 18. So this tournament isn't breaking any laws unless they sell alcohol to someone who's under 18.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
What potential lawsuits? Stop talking out your *** GP. It would make sense to ID people at the bar for alcohol, not the tournament. There's no law which states you can't go in pubs/clubs cuz you're under 18. So this tournament isn't breaking any laws unless they sell alcohol to someone who's under 18.

Actually there is a law where you cannot go into pubs when you are under 18 if you do not have the correct licensing some places don't bother getting it and im gonna guess this is why?

Maybe (i have never been to an anime convention) its because some anime's and manga's are graphic or very violent etc and are for people over the age of 18 and they would require coverage for that too.

Also if the money to get in to the whole event goes into the prize money then that could be seen as a form of gambling also requiring a legal age of 18

Heartstring

Smash Legend

lol i work in a pub which is affected by this very law because we lack the proper liscense (owner is too cheap to get to sorted out properly XD). this always conufsed me, i was allowed to go there to work, but not for drinks
its likely this place has the same issue

j3ly

Smash Champion
attending for sure

I live around the corner, and am willing to house anybody I like who lives too far out of london - leaving the venue on saturday and returning sunday will cost £2.60 in total.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Maybe so then, still pissed off considering i cant go the monthly the week before because of parties and got court that week anyway so i wanted to make this instead
Nvm... -_-

yeah, it is a pain in the ***, but they cant go breaking the laws otherwise they wouldnt be allowed to host events in teh futue *shrug*

its okay, you can always come to blastzone 2 :B
i really need to get the date confirmed so i can hand out fliers at this conventino thing

AmcD

Smash Ace
attending for sure

I live around the corner, and am willing to house anybody I like who lives too far out of london - leaving the venue on saturday and returning sunday will cost £2.60 in total.
If I go to this, would you house me?

Dimitris

Smash Ace
The person who TOs this tournament, is he from the smash scene, or someone from the convention?

Calzorz

Smash Lord
training for this and il confirm soon , we got doubles leon (if i can get my skill back lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom