• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey Zz, send me a text when you post the info? May be getting a new guy into the smash scene. Well, "new".

Oh yeah, and tourney results for top three!

1st - Lada
2nd - Mars (From smash community)
3rd - DS4

Lots of fun was had, and everyone was pretty chill about the whole thing. Got some things together so I can plan better to include both doubles and singles the next time around.

I'll compile the full break down list later, lazy right now, and very very tired (even after sleeping for 5 hours already). Other competitions were the ITG tournament (I only know first went to Mario/Mars from the DDR community, and someone named Tony, who was here from Oregon to run said event), UMvC3 (no idea on the results on that one), and the Omegathon (I am now the reigning champ, having placed last year's champ, b33f/Tyler from the DDR community, as the runner-up). For those who want to know what we did for the Omegathon, since it's a lot of fun:

Round 1 - Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
Round 2 - Area 51 (Australian style [Hold the gun upside down and shoot with your pink])
Round 3 - Silent Scope (No Scope)
Round 4 - Basketball (Was originally the crane game, but things didn't go well there XD)
Round 5 - RAM Check Fail! (Link: http://www.indiegames.com/2008/03/freeware_game_pick_rom_check_fail_farbs.html)

Lots of fun was had. And pizza.

EDIT: @Kenny - Oh trust me, we missed you. Yaz is, of course, the one who missed you the most ^^ Glad to have you back though, I look forward to sick competitions in teams against you and Yaz :p

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So I dare someone to give me an update on everything that happened in the past two years so I don't have to waste my time catching up with everything.

Ready... Go!

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
It's not gonna be a competition. It's going to be man slaughter. 1st degree murder. I'm going to jail for life.

And you guys are going to the grave. People are going to say, "He died too young. "

I would wish you guys good luck... But even with all the luck in the world, it would still be the #1 definition of ****.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Save for, you know, you don't have MK any more. Any other character I can fight pretty well with Zelda ^^

Except GW. He can just die off already.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Your coming back into a scene with Meta Knight now banned and practically no Top Tiers with a ridiculous amount of People who play really good with High-Mid Tier chars (Kevin with ROB, Mars with Sheik, XDDD with Zero Suit, DS4 with Toon Link/Sonic, Me on Yoshi, etc). When compared to the good stats like California and the East coast, we kinda suck, we're pretty much equal to all the not as big states in skill.

A lot of veterans are gone (I consider everyone here before me a veteran btw) but we do have a lot of new faces, some of which (example, XDDD) are very, very good.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
So I dare someone to give me an update on everything that happened in the past two years so I don't have to waste my time catching up with everything.

Ready... Go!
Hey Kenny what's up?
Few smash tournaments summer had some tournaments winter had some tournaments. Summer genesis.

:phone:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I got unlazy. Here's the breakdown of tourney results:

BRAWL SINGLES:

1st - Lada
2nd - Mars
3rd - DS4
4th - Colus
6th - Staz
6th - Sephiroth
8th - Devin
8th - Tsuteto
12th - Walter
12th - Roman
12th - Rockmix
12th - Holland

If you don't recognize the name, that's probably because it was someone from the DDR community who competed. Props to Colus, though it is to note that Steve had won the match set, between the two for at least 4th, but had to leave due to work, thus making Colus advance instead. Also, Rockmix had a pretty hard match up to start off too, my bad. Fought Kevin to begin with, then me in the loser's bracket. Sorry Rockmix, I apologize for the mismatch on my part :(

-Final-

Aria♪
Trust me, nothing's happened in the last two years, except for half our smash scene leaving and a bunch of weirdos joining. And Metaknight getting booted.

In other words, what Rockmix said.

:quill:

-Mars-

Smash Hero

Ready... Go!
Hi Kenny.

Last 2 years:

Perfect Chaos died. (may he R.I.P.)

Dryu n Sinz stopped coming to tournaments.

A new person ZzGashi/Fluttershy the pony weirdo joined the scene in 2010 and became our main tournament host.

Gangstakirby is all coked out.

Rockmix started getting good.

DS4 started getting bad.

Yaz stopped caring.

Lada still plays gay.

Steve still never beats anybody good.

XDDD (a new player) is pretty good. Mains MK, but is good with Snake and Wolf........don't know where ZZ got ZSS from lol.

X hasn't been in Utah for a minute but for a while he was wrecking in National level tournaments.

Minato plays every fighting game known to mankind.

Lanky ragequitted.

Other than that not much went on. Utah Smash scene is kind of inactive and has been for a while. Seems people are getting tired of the game.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I just got off probation for a class B misdemeanor for possession of a controlled substance.

Wanna hang out?
my face:
:D

:|

:D

:|

no comment

Also, Ken is back? I think I remember him from a long time ago when I talked a little to him, he's the snake main right?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Thanks for the updates. It's good to be back.

So, if I show to this tourney on Saturday who'll be there? And is there info on the tourney yet?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
dance with the white dragon once and everyones like, "that ***** dances with the white dragon all the ****in time"

~RJ

EDIT: will post MY version of what happened while kenny was gone later.

XDDD

Smash Rookie
I probably won't be coming to anything until late January/Feb
I'm still uncertain about my main also ZZ; Right now it's MK

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You all need to come on Saturday! And definitely choose ZSS over MK cause MK is the only matchup I remember LOL
btw snake is low tier now kenny, theres a whole bunch of new gays and chaingrabs on him for like the whole cast its sooooo lol.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL sweet, now no one can John about me using snake and it'll actually give me a challenge now XD

/trash talking when I'm too years rusty. Too good.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL I'll probably end up in the munchies catagory even using the snack character. All my smash skills are gone. I'm worse than a scrub lol. I'm getting my mind prepared to get my butt handed to me on saturday.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, imma post tournament info when I get home from work in about an hour or two alright?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
LOL I'll probably end up in the munchies catagory even using the snack character. All my smash skills are gone. I'm worse than a scrub lol. I'm getting my mind prepared to get my butt handed to me on saturday.
its like riding a bicycle, you just cant forget.

Guys, imma post tournament info when I get home from work in about an hour or two alright?
guys guys ima fap when i get home from work in an hour or two alright?
where is it at zz? 0_o
that qualifies as info

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Why the **** are we having tourneys every week?
That justs takes away from the quality of one
Monthlies ftw

:phone:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
If everything gets secured with the apartment I'm looking into right now (should hear back tomorrow), I'll see about throwing good monthlies every month or so.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
TOURNAMENT INFO:

12/10/11 - Orem Play n Trade
160 East University Parkway, Suite G Orem, UT 84058
Starts at 10am SHARP
$5 Entry fee, no venue

Top Bottom