• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

-Mars-

Smash Hero
when knees get powershielded. this is what happens.

lol Man, now I want to rewatch Dragon Ball.
do you really need a reason to watch dragon ball?

I Sniff Smash Balls For A Living
BRAWL SINGLES
1: Mars :sheik: :fox: :wario:
2: deathbysuarez :toonlink: :sonic:
3: Staz :falco: :diddy:
4: Fluttershy :yoshi2:
5: CherRy :peach:
5: Decimo :sonic:
7: Newba :samus2: :pt:
7: Rock Lee :snake:
9: Esx :diddy: :falco:
9: Faith :zerosuitsamus:
9: Sasuke :wolf:
9: Tshy :pikachu2: :kirby2:

BRAWL DOUBLES
1: Samson Experience (Mars + deathbysuarez) :sheik: :fox: :wario: + :toonlink: :sonic:
2: Flutter Scratch (Fluttershy + Lada) :yoshi2: + :rob:
3: Amaterasu! (Staz + CherRy) :falco: + :peach:
4: Trollzorz (Newba + Esx) :samus2: :pt: + :diddy: :falco:
samson, trolling.... where was i?????

so.... you got caught. this week on to catch a criminal, smash brothers, digitally smashing your little brothers.
nutrition free carbs and hot water FTW

It would be cool if people actually showed up for tournaments

:phone:
would being the keyword.

This one will even have free food and unlimited arcade games on free play all night. Also lots of cool people and free energy drinks to help you stay up all night long. DS4, Tsuteto, and I have been to 3 already, and they are well worth it and lots of fun.
is it possible to talk to samson in this venue? thats like the most important part.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
This one will even have free food and unlimited arcade games on free play all night. Also lots of cool people and free energy drinks to help you stay up all night long. DS4, Tsuteto, and I have been to 3 already, and they are well worth it and lots of fun.
I've been to two, actually.

Anyway, I'll be throwing a smash tournament there, yes. Only planning for Brawl singles and teams (Singles for sure, have to plan out teams if possible). There will also be a UMVC3 tournament, and an Omegathon to compete in. No, I don't have prices. When things get more set together, I'll let you know. I've got some different things to work with (Like coordinating times due to having 8 hours or so to get everything done with).

In the mean time, lock-in starts at 11:30 PM on Friday Dec 2, goes until open the next day. You can either pay $10 pre, or $15 at the door. If you're under the age of 18, a parent will need to sign a "minor release" form for you before you're able to enter (either the week before or the night of). If they're unable to, I'm working something together where I can be your "sponsor", but I would need verbal permission from a parent. But I'll work details on that.

Rules coming tomorrow most likely, no later than the day after. Will keep you posted.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ill be bringing me, my brother, n dscrub. With us 3 n u and zz we're guaranteed to have at least a 5 person tourny lmao

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'm sure we could get you something Rockmix. I'll make an official "tourney" post tomorrow, probably. Do note though that tournaments ARE most likely going to clash together throughout the night, just because of time constraints and being unable to plan with one another XD

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
lol

itd be cool if a lot of people came to the lock in
but thats prolly not going to happen

but since the neumont tourney is a kinda far off
everyone should make themselves available for that one
cause i know weekly tournies is kinda stupid
ill try and get my bros to come and talk to more
people that are interested

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey all, just updated the ruleset to be the Unity ruleset... mostly. I did away with the ledge grab rules, and also moved two of the "neutral" stages to be counterpicks. Other than that, everything is the same! Oh, and the pause rule. I think you guys are smart enough to figure things out in regards to that.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
It's Fluttershy...he's shown many of times already he lacks knowledge in many aspects of the game by what he has said

Like Cassio said, it's amazing to see people who have blue names who don't really show they even deserve it.

Yo Fluttershy, why don't you pick a different character when you play said MK main who now plays Wario and see how you do, so you can be on equal grounds, instead of bragging about getting 1 place higher than 5th and 7th, like that's any good to begin with. Bet you lose LOLOLOLOLOL
Kain goin in with the ****

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You forgot the post 2 or so after that where I called him out, then someone came in hard supporting me. And now he still hasnt even responded and he's been online.

To be fair you're not the one who should be deciding this.
Far far from it.

I would much rather listen to Z'z'z'z'z'z'z'z'zponyfreak before you or 90% of the other people in this or the MK ban thread, and that's saying something.
Problem?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
You forgot the post 2 or so after that where I called him out, then someone came in hard supporting me. And now he still hasnt even responded and he's been online.

Problem?
It's funny because no one supported you, it was Spelt saying stupid **** like always cause Spelt is Spelt, he tries to one line insults but no one cares. Woopity Doo for having a random be your supporter, it actually seems like he was making fun of you at the same time to me

And you didn't really...call out? You merely stated something that no one knows its true besides you and the MK player so you could be 100% false for all we know.

It's cool that you think I'm angry at you for...making you look stupid about thinking Peach is a good character with MK gone? In which like 20 or so more people chimed in and laughed at your stupidity too? Kk buddy.

Have fun making yourself look stupid over and over, like you did once again with this post by assuming many things with no proof or facts as usual, and continuing to think I have ill feelings towards you or some **** for w/e reason. I merely enjoy picking fun at people who make stupid posts, sorry you happen to fall in that category constantly time and time again

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It's funny because no one supported you, it was Spelt saying stupid **** like always cause Spelt is Spelt, he tries to one line insults but no one cares. Woopity Doo for having a random be your supporter, it actually seems like he was making fun of you at the same time to me
I didnt say anything about Spelt...

And you didn't really...call out? You merely stated something that no one knows its true besides you and the MK player so you could be 100% false for all we know.
...What?

It's cool that you think I'm angry at you for...making you look stupid about thinking Peach is a good character with MK gone? In which like 20 or so more people chimed in and laughed at your stupidity too? Kk buddy.
First off, I never said that Peach was factually better, I said that imo, she has the potential to be better. And constantly flaming/calling names at everyone who even remotely disagrees with you imo is a sign of saltiness.

Have fun making yourself look stupid over and over, like you did once again with this post by assuming many things with no proof or facts as usual, and continuing to think I have ill feelings towards you or some **** for w/e reason. I merely enjoy picking fun at people who make stupid posts, sorry you happen to fall in that category constantly time and time again
Good job calling me stupid when I made a joke and you took is seriously, you're really cool bro. And if you personally think I AM stupid, alright, fine, feel free to feel that way. It's not like the other 90%+ of the people Ive ever even met/talked to on this site over the 10.5k posts I have also think that, because I can guarantee you most know Im pretty decently knowledgeable about the game.

Now please, if you have any further need to ***** and moan to me about how you always need to be right, take it to PM's, there's no need to start acting like an ******* in a random State Social thread you've never even been to.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I didnt say anything about Spelt...

...What?

First off, I never said that Peach was factually better, I said that imo, she has the potential to be better. And constantly flaming/calling names at everyone who even remotely disagrees with you imo is a sign of saltiness.

Good job calling me stupid when I made a joke and you took is seriously, you're really cool bro. And if you personally think I AM stupid, alright, fine, feel free to feel that way. It's not like the other 90%+ of the people Ive ever even met/talked to on this site over the 10.5k posts I have also think that, because I can guarantee you most know Im pretty decently knowledgeable about the game.

Now please, if you have any further need to ***** and moan to me about how you always need to be right, take it to PM's, there's no need to start acting like an ******* in a random State Social thread you've never even been to.
No point to take it to PM's, just stop being butthurt and make it seem like I'm attacking you or being a victim. IDC if people offline think your smart, alot of ppl are different offline then they are online. Even worse quit being a victim, if for some reason I'm hurting your feelings sorry bro. Sorry calling you stupid=salty. Sorry calling you out=*****ing. You are confusing. If you have an issue PM, cause I don't have one with you. Even though you've taken part in trying to call me out at times, unlike you idgaf

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dont make me go and quote how many times over the past few pages you've insulted/flamed someone, cuz Ill do it lol.

And how the hell did you think I was referring to offline when I clearly said:

It's not like the other 90%+ of the people Ive ever even met/talked to on this site over the 10.5k posts I have also think that
And Im not insulted, im more disappointed in your hardheadedness.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Then you should be disappointed in yourself, your constantly trying to point out one little flaw in something just so you can keep arguing even if your wrong.

You were joking cool, apparently 4 other people couldn't tell you were joking either.

It's the internet, flaming/insulting is a norm, I could go back and see you doing the same.

Having alot of posts doesn't equate to you being smart about the game, but I won't get into that, maybe you are. All I know is the things we've argued about you've already been wrong about, and a majority of people in the thread seemed to think so too.

Like I said it's w/e though, if you have more to say just PM. Not coming back in here anymore. Suarez summoned me so I'm out.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Then you should be disappointed in yourself, your constantly trying to point out one little flaw in something just so you can keep arguing even if your wrong.
And you arent?

You were joking cool, apparently 4 other people couldn't tell you were joking either.
Which is why just a few posts later, I clearly said:

I now realize I probably shouldve worded what I said differently so others could see that I was more poking playful banter
It's the internet, flaming/insulting is a norm, I could go back and see you doing the same.
Sure, but its not really very nice is it? And it makes you look like a jerk.

Having alot of posts doesn't equate to you being smart about the game, but I won't get into that, maybe you are. All I know is the things we've argued about you've already been wrong about, and a majority of people in the thread seemed to think so too.
When did I ever say lots of posts = smart? I said that over the 10.5k posts I made, MOST ALL THE PEOPLE I MET would call me knowledgeable, the only reason I even brought up my PC was to point out that Ive been around, so I know a lot of people.

Like I said it's w/e though, if you have more to say just PM. Not coming back in here anymore. Suarez summoned me so I'm out.
Cya.

Grapefruit

Smash Rookie
Hey Play N Trade in Orem wants to host a SSBB Tournament. They want to know if you guys would be interested, entrance fee is $5, but they will have some prizes as well to go with the pot. Still haven't decided on a date so they are open to any saturday suggestions, or even a weeknight if a lot of people are interested.
160 East University Parkway, Suite G Orem, UT 84058
(801) 655-2242

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
Wtf Zz.. I don't want to see this garbage in my thread. Keep your bull**** where it belongs. Same with you Kain. This is the Utah thread.

Tourney in Orem would be amazing

Grapefruit

Smash Rookie
Ok so far from the surrounding area we have about 15 people who are coming, just wanted to see if anyone here would be willing to come to the tourney, we might have free food and jazz. The manager there told me if we got a decent amout of people there, he might host once a month. Its just up to us if we show up and want to keep doing it.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Hm
I would this is a good idea
But everyone knows what happened at the last tourney of fate
No cash payouts = no one cares
Myself included

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hey Grapefruit, Ill give you a call tomorrow. Im the main Tournament Organizer here and that sounds awesome.

Staz

Smash Lord
I don't know what date is best for everyone. but I think 10th of december is the best date for the orem tourney. since on the 17th we already have one at newmonth. and the saturday after that is christmas eve. and the 31st is new years eve and I am sure play n trade is not opened. unless you guys beg to differ. if it's on the 10th I could tell as much as people as possible and advertise. me, being the amazing person I am, could guarantee a huge turn out.

and also I could probably have a mini fest on friday and after we could head to the sandy cade lock in.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Yeah, so, everyone who IS planning on going to the lock in, LET ME KNOW. We want head-counts as to how many people will be there, so we can plan on food appropriately. And please please please, only say you're going if you're 100% (obviously if a car broke down last minute, I can't blame you, but kind of annoying if someone says they'll be there, but then they're not). I've got a list going already at the actual thread, but the more complete I can make it by Wednesday night, the better.

Oh, and still need another TV. Anyone wanna bring please?

EDIT: Also, added a link to the main tourney post. This is the link: http://forums.beatgamer.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=176lockin

Just some stuff about the lock-in, roar.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
So, funny story. Was filling out an application, all is going well, yadda yadda, get to the last page, mostly auto-fill stuff, submit. There's an automated phone screen, which isn't a problem. Clicked "Call me," got a call, and then it went through with it's introduction, then said, "To make sure, this is Tsuteto Hansmann, correct?"

Epic fail on my part.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I've got ya covered Rockmix. Expect me to show up around 9:30 pm-ish Friday night. We're picking up one other person.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Been attacked by a terrible disease, hopefully will recover in time to still go, I still really wanna make it.

Top Bottom