• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Young Horsetail, your nominations total 7 and not 5. You may want to check that.;)

D

Deleted member

Palutena stood there motionless as the crowd debated on her odds. After a day of intense speculation on her chances, the crowd went together to pull up their votes for him.

Palutena did well today. In likelihood, she received a rather pleasant score of 4.12. Want wasn't as good, but it was still overall strong, hovering at a 3.65. The fans cheered for her inclusion as she lifted herself up back into the sky, defending the world she briefly visited and the one above.

But that celebration was soon interrupted by a virulent force. A wind of psychic darkness reeked in the air and burn the hype down to a stalemate. Everyone knew that the legendary psychic Pokemon was coming, they just did not want to believe it. Shortly afterwards, the Pokemon broke down two doors with telekinetic and threw it straight in front of a man, causing him to pass out.

It was clear that Mewtwo was back for revenge. After being forgotten in Brawl, Mewtwo was determined to do anything to return. Mewtwo would crawl his way through the process in order to prove himself that it was worthy of a return. It swore that if it was denied again, the world would suffer.

Unfortunately, the psychic master doesn't know that it's just a game. It is Sakurai that can decide it's faith and the best people can do is interpret it. With that, the heated battle began over Mewtwo's odds.

Day Eight begins! Mewtwo is the character being voted on today with us predicting Chibi-Robo's score tomorrow. The day ends very early morning on July 30th, 2012 since I want a full day and have to work very early that day.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, this is going to be fun.

Mewtwo is one of the most highly deserving characters that should be in Smash 4, with only Ridley and King K. Rool rivaling him in that. I really think that despite being cut from Melee that it will return with a vengeance.

There are of course many reasons why Mewtwo's return is justified, but I think this one reason is the most important:

Mewtwo is likely the most wanted character for Super Smash Bros. 4. He is the only character that is very highly requested internationally. In Japan, Mewtwo is heavily wanted and along with Roy, are the only ones who share this distinction (newcomers are decently requested at best). Not only that, Mewtwo is also among the very most wanted characters for Smash 4 in the West. It's definitely among the Top 3 in the West, only being rivaled by Ridley and King K. Rool (Roy is still popular, but he has quite a few detractors).

There is no other characters that can argue to be so highly requested internationally, not even Roy. Regardless of whenever or not Sakurai keeps the poll Japan-only or makes it worldwide, Sakurai will note the very large cry for Mewtwo (if he hasn't already, which I'm not sure why he wouldn't) and he will likely have no choice but to add him.

Along with other reasons (which I'll up to others, gotta catch Toonami tonight), I give Mewtwo a 4.9 in likelihood. Mewtwo also gets a 5 in want because I love Mewtwo as a Pokemon and it's among my all-time favorites. It was so disappointing to see it cut from the roster in Brawl and I would be very disappointed if it was left out. Currently my second most wanted newcomer.

I predict Chibi-Robo gets a 1.37 in likelihood.

I nominate Mega Man, Ghirahim, Toad, Mii, and Roy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want: 4.5
Likelihood: 3.5

Again, Mewtwo's importance, potential, popularity, and all the fixings are undeniable. When you look at how close he allegedly was to appearing in Brawl, having a classic mode screen and a victory theme, it's not a stretch to see him being brought back...he's easily leagues above Roy in this regard. ChronoBound and Toise both mentioned him being highly requested in Japan as well, which is a real boon for his resume.

Sakurai's quote regarding how difficult it is to negotiate with the Pokemon Company holds me back from giving him a higher score. I do think he'll feel pressure to include an advertisement Pokemon, whether or not it is wanted, as well as bring back all of Brawl's Pokemon characters, sans possibly Lucario. The people who argue that Lucario, Zoroark and Mewtwo can coexist may be correct, but they neglect the idea that this would bring Pokemon's character total up to -EIGHT-, which is absolute overkill, regardless of the franchise's success. Yes, Sakurai counts the transformations as characters, hence him mentioning Brawl having 39 of them.

My (controversial?) opinion: I don't think Lucario and Mewtwo will be included together in this game. One will miss the game, while the other is playable, alongside a new Pokemon. Mewtwo seems to have the upper hand with popularity at the moment, but if Sakurai decides to keep Lucario, the character casuals likely remember from the most recent Smash game, rather than Mewtwo, a veteran from two games ago, the latter would be out of luck. At this point, we know too little about Sakurai's philosophy on cuts to determine much of anything, though I do think the above reasoning is at least somewhat sound.

All that said, I do think Mewtwo has a great chance at returning to the game, hopefully with a stronger, more accurate moveset this time.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Want: Over 9000!!!!!!!! 5
Likeliness: 4.3

Pretty much the only major flaw that was noted in Brawl's roster from both critics and fans alike. A character that has missed 2 games due to time, and is now the most popular character for the next game with his Sonic-like popularity.

Sakurai would have to crazy not re-add him. However, I gave him what he got due to what seemed to be in Brawl a lack of priority in comparison to even Jigglypuff.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Want: 4
Likelihood: 5

He's coming back. Period. The fact that this is even up for discussion is laughable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was under the impression the majority of people didn't want the addition of clone characters in smash. All this high mewtwo wants is strange then

D

Deleted member

I was under the impression the majority of people didn't want the addition of clone characters in smash. All this high mewtwo wants is strange then
For your sake you better be joking about how Mewtwo is a biological clone of Mew...

Anyways.
Likelihood: 4.5
As stated before, Mewtwo was planned for Brawl, and cut for time restraints.
Sakurai tends to look back on things he couldn't quite do, such as Bowser, Dedede, and again, Mewtwo in SSB64, and Lucas (Earthbound 64 was cancelled) and Snake (Kojima didn't quite ask Sakurai in time) in Melee.

Want: 5
Mewtwo is one of my favorite Pokemon, and I enjoyed playing as him in Melee.
In fact, it was because of Mewtwo that I became a big Smash fan in the first place and was introduced to so many of Nintendo's other series.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

IceClimbers x5

Voting & Discussing

Mewtwo

Personal Bias: 4.72
Likelihood: 4.25

Everyone went into a mad uproar when they discovered that Mewtwo was cut from Brawl. Unlike the other characters cut from Melee, Mewtwo was completely unique & didn't deserve to be dropped out of Smash so early. He is still one of the most well-known pokemon out there even for people not familiar with the franchise. Some suspect he was cut in favor for Lucario, but this isn't likely; out of all the cut characters, Mewtwo had more development. He would of been in Brawl if it wasn't for time restraints.

Mewtwo is the only pokemon I care about making it into SSB4. I would actually prefer that he gains a better moveset to reflect on his powerful psychic status, but if he has his Melee moveset I wouldn't be that disappointed. He had such a huge backlash due to his removal so I think it is pretty likely we will see him again.

Prediction

Chibi-Robo: 2.48

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mewtwo, eh? Excellent...

Now Mewtwo's an interesting case. Out of the 5 Melee cuts, he was the one that was the most unique, and whose cut cut the deepest. That's why he's arguably the most popular character inclusion for SSB4. Not to mention he's a badass that was planned for all 3 Smash games.

Likelihood: 4.23

I predict a 2.6 for Chibi-Robo.

Also, x4 for Starfy, x1 Krom

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo:
4.75 in both want and likelihood.

Also, don't forget about his new signature move in the games, Psystrike. This would probably be included and replace a move like Disable.

Nominations:
5x Isaac

D

Deleted member

Just want to say that I forgot to announce the winner.

Right now, it's at 3.9, so Onyx Oblivion should win. However, I will check back tomorrow as MelMoe made the estimate of 4.12, in which case, jigglover would win ten more nominations (due to being right on the money).

Wanted to say this so that I don't get told I forgot to do so later on. Sorry for the complication.

Anyway, back to Mewtwo. I for one am curious to see what Habanero pulls. And Pieman0920 if he were in he very slim chance come here.

@Sqid: Mewtwo's Psystrike is a must for it's return, given that it is Mewtwo's signature move.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo:
Want: 4.5
Likelihood: 4.5 :awesome:

I do believe that Mewtwo will come back, not only because he's extremely popular, but also because he was in fact planned for Brawl, but cut due to time constraints or w/e.

Nominations:
Black Shadow x2
Samurai Goroh x2
Roy

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Likelyhood: 4.9

Mewtwo has basically had everything said about him that needs to be said. The only thing preventing me from giving him a full set of fives is the fact that there's one HELL of a lot of competition for Pokemon slots. Although I personally believe that we'll get a full set of 6 Pokemon characters (Pika, Jiggs, Mewtwo, Trainer, Lucario, Zoro), the possibility exists that we may get fewer than that. However, even if we do, Mewtwo still outprioritizes his two slot rivals, at least to me. Mewtwo, in my mind, ranks high enough in terms of likelyhood to join Ridley, K. Rool and Little Mac as the shoe-ins for Smash 4. I really don't think he'll miss attending twice in a row.

Prediction for Chibi-Robo: 1.5

My 5 nominations: 1 Goroh, 1 Medusa, 3 Adam

jigglover

Smash Lord
Just want to say that I forgot to announce the winner.

Right now, it's at 3.9, so Onyx Oblivion should win. However, I will check back tomorrow as MelMoe made the estimate of 4.12, in which case, jigglover would win ten more nominations (due to being right on the money).

Wanted to say this so that I don't get told I forgot to do so later on. Sorry for the complication.

Anyway, back to Mewtwo. I for one am curious to see what Habanero pulls. And Pieman0920 if he were in he very slim chance come here.

@Sqid: Mewtwo's Psystrike is a must for it's return, given that it is Mewtwo's signature move.
Is this for Mewtwo or Palutena?

D

Deleted member

Jigglover, that was for whoever won the Palutena prediction.

Now I need to go to sleep. Being forced to go to church sucks (and no, I am not a Christian, I just keep that image to prevent trouble within my family).

jigglover

Smash Lord
First of all, I'd like to nominate Anna x4 (I'm officially in the clear) and Bowser jr. x1 now that I am. I'm gonna make it back for Plusle ad Minun! Anyway, onto Mewtwo.
It is no question that it is popular, very popular, I never knew that he was planned for 64, but anyway. Personally, I think the roster will end up like this for Pokemon: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Zoroark, Mewtwo and Plusle and Minun, with Plusle and Minun replacing PT (Click the link in my sig and see how I implemented the mechanic with baton pass for them) and Mewtwo or Zoroark replacing Lucario, it doesn't really matter as long as they both get in. For want, I'll give him a 4.21 and likelihood a 4.86, for me he is a shoo-in status with a little competition on behalf of Zoroark and Plusle and Minun.
Chibi-robo 2.13

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo:

Want: 5/5
Likelyhood: 4/5

Time contraints left him out of 64, and Brawl, but he's still demanded a lot internationally. Newer Pokemon characters could mean his chances are a little slimmer than before, however with the demand Mewtwo gets, it's hard to picture it not making it to the roster. Hopefully heavily revamped this time though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think much explanation for Mewtwo is necessary. He's on average the most requested character worldwide, he's popular among both Smash and Pokemon fans, Sakurai originally planned for Mewtwo to be in all 3 Smash games so far, and he's already got an existing (flawed, but still existing) moveset to work off of.

Want: 4.4
Likelihood: 4.8

Nomz:
Isaac x5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There ain't nothing really wrong with Mewtwo's moveset, appart from Side and Down B. The hitboxes are just messed up, and most moves could use more priority, range as well as a boost in power and speed. For the rest his moveset is good for the most part. His tilt game is especially quite powerful in Melee for example.

Anyways, as for nominations: Impa x 5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Want: 5/5
Likelihood: 4.43

I feel that a large majority want Mewtwo back in but there are staill those few who think he isn't relevant or would replace him with Lucario/Zoroark. I am personally not one of them.

nominations:
Isaac x2
Skull Kid x2
Geno x1

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Want: 1.12
Likelihood: 2.45

Honestly at this point Mewtwo is probably not going to return, especially considering it was already cut in one game, has a lot of competition for a slot, and is a pretty atrocious character in it's own right. Not to mention Game Freak is a bit hard to negotiate with considering their 2nd party status. The only thing going for it is it's abnormally large support from brainless baboons.

As for Chibi-robo, I'll throw out a simple 1.22.

Nominations are Starfy (x2), Megaman (x2), and Zoroark
:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mewtwo gets a 4. Of all the legendaries out there, Mewtwo is the most memorable, but due to time constraints, never had the chance to be in Brawl. A possible comeback perhaps?

Nominations
1: Black Shadow
2: Bowser Jr.
3: Bandanna Waddle Dee
4: Rosalina
5: Samurai Goroh

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ah Mewtwo. Mewtwo was one of those Pokemon that was always such a ***** capturing. Back when I had no idea what gamefaqs was or game guides or even cheats - I spent hours trying to get this elusive *******. Years later, I found out easier ways to catch him but that was when Gold and Silver was first released so I kind of missed the boat.

Fast forward to Super Smash Bros. Melee and I was just starting to get into using the internet to help me in playing and completing games. I remember getting Melee and I went to a gamesite to look for cheats for SSBM. I knew Luigi and Jigglypuff would be unlockable but I wasn't sure who else would be.

As I scrolled through the list, I was like "Who the hell is Marth, Roy, and Mr. Game and Watch? Dr. Mario...interesting. Pichu?! What the f...." Then I saw Mewtwo. I was shocked. I instantly went to my Melee and unlocking **** as fast as possible. Needless to say, I finally got to Mewtwo. While I liked him, I could't get into his style of play and switched characters.

Mewtwo not only has a special place in Pokemon fans hearts but in Smash fans hearts. He was the first and only Legendary playable, he had a unique move set amongst clone characters, and he gained a lot of fans.

I feel Mewtwo will make an appearance alongside with Lucario or Zoroark. I also feel he will appear new and improved with either new or updated attacks and play style to emulate a character of its standing.

He is extremely popular to both Western and Japanese audiences, is highly requested globally, and has a large fanbase. Mewtwo is historically important to both Nintendo and Pokemon, the first Pokemon movie was about him, and (besides Mew), was the last Pokemon on the original Pokedex. In essence, Mewtwo was the first last obtainable Pokemon and the most powerful of the 1st Gen. While I understanding adding Lucario and taking of Mewtwo, I feel Mewtwo has the right to make his grand return.

For Mewtwo,

Want: 4.80
Likeliness: 4.20

Prediction for Chibi Robo: 2.0

Nominations:

Shulk x2
Skull Kid x1
Mach Rider x1
Dixie Kong x1

yani

Smash Lord
Mewtwo
Want:5/5
Likely: 4/5

I give him a 4 only because we don't know whether Sakurai will allow characters to return or not. He's easily the most wanted character/returnee.

Shulk x 5

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I purposely killed Mewtwo in my Blue version to show my pokemon's superiority to it.

...It was only after that I realized there was only 1 Mewtwo in the game to capture

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
MEWTWO!!!

after "the removal of absolutely nobody," mewtwo's return is the #1 thing i want to see in this next game by a wide margin. and if i recall, he's the most requested character almost worldwide, even more than actual new additions. i have high hopes for mewtwo. just saw SSBF's post on the topic, he sums it up quite nicely.

want: 10 5/5
expect: 4.5/5, only 'cause actually saying 5 would feel presumptuous.

nominations: ghirahim x5
ACTUALLY WAIT has genesect been discussed yet? if not, i move two of my nominations to him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My want is going to be 4.8/5
My guesstimate in Likelihood is 4.5/5

A lot of people seem to have no wanted/ expected Mewtwo to return in Brawl, Serebii of famed Serebii.net even admitted to sending a letter to Nintendo saying to keep Mewtwo out of Brawl. All because of how broken bad he was in Melee.

Well, they got their wish, and everyone regretted it. However, Mewtwo was in the data for Brawl, and was probably planned at some point. Retaining his infamy and popularity throughout the years, Mewtwo has once again rose to a popular choice for SM4SH. Surely technical issues with Mewtwo's balance shouldn't be too hard to correct? He'd make an awesome addition to the villain cast, or anti-hero.

IN Melee, Planned for Brawl, and a popular choice for SM4SH, Mewtwo's return seems likely. Only thing I see keeping him back is the fact he wasn't in Brawl.

I nominate Tom Nook x5
I predict a 2.5 for Chibi-Robot

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mewtwo gets a 4 in want and likeliness. Of all the legendaries out there, Mewtwo is the most memorable, but due to time constraints, never had the chance to be in Brawl. A possible comeback would be great since a lot of Smash fans were disappointed by the situation and is currently requesting him for SSB4 at the moment.

Nominations
x3 Medusa
x2 Shulk

D

Deleted member

@xX1337sn1PeWhatever and DilowcsNollsnn: Please explain your vote for how likely you consider Mewtwo or they will not be counted.

As for Dilowcs, you have two more nominations that you can use if you want to.

Also to Starphoenix, ---, and BKupa666, I've noticed that you haven't used your nominations in any days since the first one (in Starphoenix's case, not at all). Just wanted to remind you that you could.

Sage of Ice, Genesect has yet to be discussed. Nominations for Genesect added (along with nomination list in general updated).

D

Deleted member

I re-counted the Palutena votes and the likelihood score turned out to be 4.12.

Given that jigglover predicted that exact same score, he will be the winner of that prediction. And since he predicted perfectly, he gains ten extra nominations.

Feel free to use them at any time jigglover and you'll have the crowning distinction of being the first one to get a perfect score prediction (well, the likelihood was actually averaged to 4.117, but we're only going to the hundredth, so...

Thanks for MelMoe for reminding me.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Hey guys, it's been a while, was at Otakon all weekend FUNFUNFUN

Errm we on mewtwo?

For want, Imma say 5. probably the stupidest cut from melee.

as for likelyhood? Imma go with 1. I don't see them undoing a cut like that, especially with SO MANY PKMN REPS

they'll just replace him with another legendary IMO

5 votes for shy guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom