• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Does Rumble even have a bad match up in top lane? Like, from what Ive seen, his hardest match up is Diana and that match up still feels even.
Rumble is very weak early levels. Aggressive champs like Riven can go in 1-4 ish and clearly be ahead. Rumble also tends to push the lane with Q more than he wants, and you can exploit that by having the jungler come or threatened to come. His damage comes from Q not only being overheated, but hitting for as long as possible. If he misses a few ticks and you have the right champion, you hug HARD to his nutsack and make him pay for it.

He's still got strong laning obviously, but he's doable for some characters and for some that the MU isn't "great", you can abuse the likely fact that Rumble will push the lane.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
She is like Akali in the way if she gets a kill or 2 she can snowball a game.

I think she is more fun to play than Akali though.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I think Diana's a bad character design and needs a reason to use moonlight. It makes no sense to have a no-cooldown application on her ult when the move already has no cooldown.

She's bullcrap and needs nerfs in my book. She feels like Old Talon 2.0.

Lovage

Smash Hero
a highlight of phreak commentary is when he spends 5 minutes explaining how TF's passive is the reason SK/ocelot are going to be comfortable stalling until lategame

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
a highlight of phreak commentary is when he spends 5 minutes explaining how TF's passive is the reason SK/ocelot are going to be comfortable stalling until lategame
While he has the camera panned to a solo lane farming/not dragon fight or jungle skirmish where someone dies.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I hate listening to Phreak.
I did appreciate how he knew that clg was baiting baron. They killed a ward but let Fanatic see them aggro baron first, and then they walked out to that bush and hid. The other caster insisted the entire game that they (repeatedly) accidentally clicked on baron as they were trying to clear the ward.

Also, I now understand why alistar is banned in low elo (shameless re-post from reddit) http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=5KfYUrHpaxc&v=Cm7GHWOWiDk

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
****ing dead from that video

>Ashe runs by bush
>alistar qs bush

she never knew how close she was to dying

:phone:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'm conflicted about Diana. I really think an assassin with her damage output shouldn't have the ability to farm so quickly and safely through the early game. Both her clear speeds and farm in lane need a hit if she's going to have such strong mid and late game damage output.

Assassins should instagib your badly positioned squishies, it's fine, but they need to have some exploitable weakness. Diana's early game is way, way better than say Kassadin's or Akali's. Isn't it dangerous to have a character with such a safe early game snowball so hard? At least Riven has obscure lane counters like Trundle and ****.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I personally agree that Diana needs some type of nerf atm. Usually I really have to think about who to ban but Diana is usually an easy choice unless me or someone else on the team going her. I usually wait for last ban to get rid of her though cuz almost half the time they ban her for me haha.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
mogwai, i gotta tell you that im loving nunu top, i feel like im playing a better version of gp that can solo baron at 20

ty for opening my eyes

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I still can't understand what's so good about Diana. I feel like even post-nerf Zyra is a better pick than her for mid.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Met her on takashi's stream, had a conversation about feminism in the video game community, she told me she streamed, so I became a regular and now pretty tight.

How do you know kirei? Haven't seen you around her stream before, you irl friends or something?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I still can't understand what's so good about Diana. I feel like even post-nerf Zyra is a better pick than her for mid.
You do know Diana can Top and Jungle as well right? Shes not forced to go mid (even though shes still a solid mid).

And shes good because, for a champ that snowballs so easily, shes actually got a VERY good early game, meaning getting the ball rolling is MUCH easier with her than it is with other snowball champs.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You do know Diana can Top and Jungle as well right? Shes not forced to go mid (even though shes still a solid mid).

And shes good because, for a champ that snowballs so easily, shes actually got a VERY good early game, meaning getting the ball rolling is MUCH easier with her than it is with other snowball champs.
She just seems to be generally accepted as far better at mid than jungle, and I have not actually seen one go top myself. I don't really see how she has a better early game than Akali though. Akali's harass is targeted, has spellvamp, and doesn't cost mana. I would also think Akali's less susceptible to early ganks.

I haven't seen many Dianas lately because she's always banned, so I may be missing something. It just seems like she's overhyped compared to when I've played her, and when I've seen others play her in my games.

Top Bottom