• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Simpsons Mafia || GAME OVER! Who lived hap-diddly-aply every after?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
*When I say half, I mean a half-***** read just to justify the vote while being lazy. It doesn't fit to me as a town mindset.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ranmaru said:
It's not just the laziness though. It's being lazy while keeping a vote on someone, while half a possible scumread on that slot, and trying to twist things into his favor, which is what I think he is trying to do. I think him calling me out on the omgus thing is him trying to make it seem like it's all just about simple tells by themselves as if I'm hunting by the book, when in reality I'm looking at the whole picture and looking at his motivation.

So come on, don't you see what I see?
I see your perspective but I disagree with it, I don't see what's so telling about macman's early play and I'm honestly not concerned, could you tell me what you think of him regarding his responses to you?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
im currently responding to your post, ran.

i would like to reiterate though that I'm not (and never have been) trying to justify my vote on baddy. I would never bother doing that **** as scum or town. I've always been very liberal with throwing my vote around freely and I've never EVER been self-conscious about having my vote on someone.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@macman who do you think is scum (aside from me)?

Everyone tell me your stance on inactives at the moment

I'd be fine with lynching them if the day comes down to a wire. Don't think we should set out to lynch one right now, though, as one lynch and we're in lylo against scum, if SK shoots town both nights (somewhat unlikley, though I don't want to bet against it)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@Macman:
I said yes and no, meaning that it is situational. In YOUR case, I feel you would. It doesn't invalidate you from being scum because of my opinion that scum can do either. Also, you never asked me if I thought scum would do it more than town, so I don't see how that factors in here.
It is situational, I agree. But, you did say that that was the reason you were voting me. And the point I was (and am) trying to get through to you is that's a faulty reason for voting me because it doesn't say anything about with regards to being scum if that action isn't more likely for scum to do than town. (I'm not saying you said it was more or less likely, I'm saying that if its not more likely for scum to do than that reason is faulty)

Your response is that, I'm being general and abstract, while you're being specific in that you think I (specifically) have a reason to leave my vote on baddy. But what you need to understand is that me leaving my vote on baddy is NOT why you think I'm scum/a reason for me being scum. Which is the point I've been trying to make. You say you have reasons for why me as scum would leave my vote on baddy, but the act of me leaving my vote on baddy is not why you think i'm scum, but rather the reasons behind that action are why you think i;m scum. Do you see the difference? and do you see how I'm ****in right? =D

Well, can you list your two most recent games in which you did this?
I hate you.

Ok then. You have asked others questions as well, has this helped you in finding scum at all then?
Not really.

Just because I say it's situational for scum to leave their vote out doesn't mean it isn't likely scum will, and I feel you are trying to force that judgement in your favor. I also don't see why you don't ask me why I think you might do it, because then you could see why I am using that reason. Scum can either leave a vote out without reason or play safe and try to give plenty of fake reasons, I think you are doing the former and I have reasons for why I think so.
I didn't ask you why you think I might do it because you already told me the reason you thought I was scum was because of it. So I was attacking that and showing you the illogicality. Had I known that you had a deeper reason for why I might have done that, and that that deeper reason was why you thought I was scum, than I would have asked. THere was no way for me to have know this though.

And obviously I'm trying to force the judgement in my favor. Obviously I would try to defend myself. You think this is scummy?

I said that scum can do either, but there is a reason for why I think you are leaving a vote without reason. Keep in mind I have already explained my reasons first, yet you THEN asked if I thought scum could do either. I don't see why you asked that in the first place. I feel that you are trying to defend yourself by doing so, by eliminating the possibility of you 'leaving a vote out' as scum. Again, I feel it IS possible that you would, and that is why I am voting you. I will explain again, scum can do either voting without reason, or voting safely, with fake reasons. I think you did the former because I have reason to believe so.
obv im defending myself, etc. I'm nott trying to eliminate the possibility of scum doing that, I'm trying to show you that that's not a reason for me being scum. My point was not 'scum wouldn't ever do this'

At first I thought your first vote was serious until you responded, which was why I asked you why you voted me. I assumed your second vote was serious, just because you voted another person. You said you were joking around yet still say 'well he is most likely scum tho' which sounded like you were trying to justify your joke vote as being serious afterwards.
not tryna justify my vote, etc. This also doesn't really address why you think that I would have actually tried to go with a baddy lynch 2 days into the game based off of no reasoning.

I'm voting darkhorse because I think his reason for thinking i'm scum is ****ty.

With that said, why do you think I was leaving my vote on baddy? Is it like you said earlier: because I wanted to get baddy/you lynched?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@macman who do you think is scum (aside from me)?

I'd be fine with lynching them if the day comes down to a wire. Don't think we should set out to lynch one right now, though, as one lynch and we're in lylo against scum, if SK shoots town both nights (somewhat unlikley, though I don't want to bet against it)
noone really

i think soup and vinyl are town.

Ranmaru I want to go with town. I do think he should reread my first couple posts and see if he still thinks if his reasons for me being scum seem more likely than the simple reasons I've give for my actions.

i think baddy is bad (idk)

which leaves me with dh, ori, and summoner. And dh was the first to make a post that I thought was scummy so there ya go

fwiw, I still need to go back to the earlier posts and actually read them with the intent of finding scum.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ran: an example of me saying would scum do x, when trying to defend myself

now the question for you becomes do you think i did it on purpose knowing that it could hurt town? (this is debatable btw, i think its more important to assure that after a ****ty first shot, the correct **** goes down) do you think macmanscum would out relevant game mechanics information/strategy?

i actually want answers to these. actually think it over
This is just one that I can actually remember, I've also done it multiple times trying to defend other people or trying to delve deeper into someones thought process. (like when I was defending J to Tblock in my last game) This is basically how I think about the game.

Which is why I think its ridiculous when you say **** like I'm trying to 'slander' you or 'twist things to my favor', when all I was doing was my basic way of reasoning about mafia.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
sorry for this long drawn out crap with ran everyone.

It's not just the laziness though. It's being lazy while keeping a vote on someone, while half a possible scumread on that slot, and trying to twist things into his favor, which is what I think he is trying to do. I think him calling me out on the omgus thing is him trying to make it seem like it's all just about simple tells by themselves as if I'm hunting by the book, when in reality I'm looking at the whole picture and looking at his motivation.

So come on, don't you see what I see?
which i do all the time.. :rolleyes:

twist things in my favor? you mean by defending myself and arguing with you?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Anyways, question for you Ori_Bro: What is your opinions of Macman, Soup, and Vinyl?
See below, I'm going to give out a reads list.

If Rag is really Soup I will call him Soup.

Ran, make a case on Mac when you can.
Ori, I don't know if you were on phone, but I just saw you lurking; Be sure to answer questions on the past pages.
DH, step up.
I was probably on my phone, I possibly had the page loaded.

Everyone tell me your stance on inactives at the moment
Current Reads list
1. Macman - Null-town. I don't see where DH sees scum in his posts.
2. Ranmaru - Null-town
3. Badwolf28738 - Null-Scum, his play is way to wonky right now.
4. SummonerAU - too inactive to make a real judgement. When he was posting, all he was doing was asking questions.
5. Dark Horse - Null-town
6. Vinyl. - Null-town
7. Ori_bro - ultra free townie
8. Яagnarock - Null-town, liking his play right now. Nothing

@mod Votecount please.
^^^

my RVS vote is still on Macman

unvote

not sure what my vote is going to be I'lldo some more reading in a bit. Need to do some house stuff.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman

"Hey, look, is that Dad?"
"Either that or Batman’s really let himself go."

Deadline: 12.01am 30th August EST
With 8 Alive it takes 5 to lynch!

Vote Count
Macman :b::b:: Ranmaru, Dark Horse
Badwolf28738 :b:: Яagnarock
Dark Horse :b:: Macman

Not Voting (4)
SummonerAU
Vinyl
Badwolf28738
Ori_bro

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I think macman was just lazy earlier and don't think his vote and his "most likely scum...but that means nothing atm" were just laziness. His choice of language and tone of his last posts shows that he at least believes that the argument being put against him has faults. So, I'm not going to be down with a macman lynch for now.

All badwolf quotes:
Ehhhhhhhh, I had a shaky read on him, based upon some odd behaviour. But for now sure. It's not like I'm using it elsewhere.
Because I have a scum read on you.....
(when asked why he unvoted)You actually started caring.
Can you explain how your read went from 'shaky' to scum read in these few posts. Could you also elaborate on why your Unvote seems like you were only voting him to make him care about the game?
Can you please stop posting obnoxious pony images as well, that'd be real neato
Vote:Badwolf

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
EBWOP: I think macman was just lazy earlier and I think his vote and his "most likely scum...but that means nothing atm" were just laziness

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I will post later tonite, at an appointment.

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

Playing mafia is fun.

Anyways, I asked the inactivity question because I've got way too many town-reads currently right now, I'm reading DH/Macman/Ranmaru as my main ones and leaning town on Vinyl. I still dislike Badwolf a ton but I believe that Vinyl/Badwolf aren't aligned and I'd like to get rid of one of them to solidify the other, I'm fairly confident in my reads on the formers I mentioned simply because they each have specific tells I look for.

Right now, I disagree with Ranmaru's push but his general anxiousness and willingness to play the game is townie, it's understandable to come to conclusion that meta isn't a tell here, but some players are just really simplistic about it, I don't see an inconsistency with RanmaruTown as usual. Macman has been addressed, and DH falls under the category of his willingness like Ranmaru and kind of Vinyl., these are all players I can read easily simply because of their consistencies as alignment.

Getting to Badwolf, it's simply not the same case, because Badwolf has a different way of playing this game, through observation I've noticed that Badwolf tends to get really angry or stubborn when someone gives him chase, maybe even a bit sarcastic. Attitude was an important factor to me, but something more important was how he was responding. Remember that talk about consistencies as alignment? Badwolf has his own, but I can't simply read him the same because Badwolf has an anti-town vibe about him that's hard to pin, right now I feel he has that same vibe. It's plausible that he's town but right now I dislike him merely because his overreaction to Vinyl. and him clinging behind his role, there's a guilty conscience there and it seems a bit preserved, Badwolf can be a headache but something sticks out to me especially because it seems like a ruse to seem town. I've tried to get Badwolf to explain his actions but I don't recall (I should possibly re-read) him saying anything about it or simply shrugging it off. The only other factors are between Summoner and Ori, which have both been a bit inactive. I skimmed Summoner's post as much as I skimmed Ori's, but now that I've cleared the fog a bit I'd like everyone to talk about this possibilities of one of them being scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

I honestly did that because I was bored and nobody playing mafia gives me nothing do, I coulda just coasted but I gotta keep that town-cred up :cool:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh it's cool to see you don't feel like responding to any of the stuff people have said about you

really top notch play, i'm so proud

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Difficult to say.
[COLLAPSE=";"]
I just feel it is a tad off.

[/COLLAPSE]

Try not get the wrong idea of this though, it may be that he has been slightly concerned or it looked weird. This game has started early though, and he did ask BW for his reads, meaning that BW will say opinions on each person, including him.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
meh idk, various things make me swing back and forth on him. I would need to think about it/reread to get a better feel.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Them overall?

Soup is town; The only thing I see from him is being analytical, like post #179 (out of sheer boredom).

Badwolf, I already stated that is acts were dumbtown, but now it's looking like he's anti-town on this page. Only Ori and soup are giving out that he's scummy. I can see why, but they would be considered as mistakes. Reading his past posts, I do think he has made one mistake too many. I'm fine with lynching him, but I'm still not voting.

DH is null-wildcard, You said DH looked scummy for his bad reasoning against you, but you haven't told him to explain, which is what I'm about to ask now.

@DH explain you reasoning on Mac (#149) a bit more to what you mean.
Also, you didn't explain to ran why I you voted me, didn't you? Can you tell me why?

Ori_Bro and Summoner is still null for slight inactivity, but I have my sight on Ori for a bit since I asked him a question.

Mac, instead of me giving you out what you are, which is "lazy-longposter-wat huh? Sight town", make something tl;dr about you in this current game in general.

Ran, Is just looking pretty town with his direct responses and scumhunting. Idk if ran is doing an ISO on you or a "you're scum, so I will argue with you and get you outta hurr" segment, but I asked if he can make a case on you, so i'll await.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
no lol i meant what do you think of ran's posts regarding me. But thanks for the post anyways.

and dh did explain why he thought I was scum, he think's im being non-commital in my first 5 posts of the game... -_- Super strong amazing scum read, dark horse. Good job, 100/10, would read again.

also vinyl, i'm not quite sure exactly what you're asking me to do, can you reword?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@DH explain you reasoning on Mac (#149) a bit more to what you mean.
Also, you didn't explain to ran why I you voted me, didn't you? Can you tell me why?
I voted mac because I didn't like his interactions with badwolf, he had said that he thought badwolf is scum, yet the reads useless as he hadn't done any scumhunting. And now, after he's done joking, he still thinks badwolf's scum, though he says IDK.

I voted you because I disliked your origional interactions with badwolf; they reminded me of my noobscum interactions in celeb rehab. Though I wouldn't consider it telling enough to lynch off of right now, I did feel like pressuring you further, via the dead serious vote.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I voted mac because I didn't like his interactions with badwolf, he had said that he thought badwolf is scum, yet the reads useless as he hadn't done any scumhunting.
I think I made it pretty clear what I was saying:
lol i was just ****in around with that vote.

but I do think he's currently most likely to be scum... not that this means anything at this time
It means that if i had to pick someone to lynch now it'd be baddy, but since i haven't given much(or any) effort to scumhunting, the read is basically pointless

And now, after he's done joking, he still thinks badwolf's scum, though he says IDK.
Where do you see that I still think baddy's scum? And even if I did, why is that an issue?

I voted you because I disliked your origional interactions with badwolf; they reminded me of my noobscum interactions in celeb rehab. Though I wouldn't consider it telling enough to lynch off of right now, I did feel like pressuring you further, via the dead serious vote.
You mentioned my interactions in this post but you didn't say exactly what you disliked about them. Is it because I was being non-committal? (like you were saying before)

also i'm not noobscum. i'm amazingScum =p

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I voted mac because I didn't like his interactions with badwolf, he had said that he thought badwolf is scum, yet the reads useless as he hadn't done any scumhunting. And now, after he's done joking, he still thinks badwolf's scum, though he says IDK.

Oh my god, reading this is like I looked at the heavens.

Moving onward, do you agree with ran on lynchig Mac and his reasoning and posts directed to him? Is there anything you disagree on whatsoever?

And further more, I would be fine with pressuring, yeah. It's always best to do so whenever.
And since you answered that to me, now I don't feel a bit bothered by soups questioning on my questions on me as he would partially think the same.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mac, instead of me giving you out what you are, which is "lazy-longposter-wat huh? Sight town", make something tl;dr about you in this current game in general.
can you reword this?

also what do you think about ran's/dh's points against me?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
also vinyl, i'm not quite sure exactly what you're asking me to do, can you reword?
Like, describe your playstyle in general and current playstyle now. I would that you're currently scumhunting, responding at full, and somehow joking-ish...ish

Do not describe too much at all.

You know what, this is stupid and I'm stupid. What the hell was pulse for that question anymore.

Like,.what are you doing, bro.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Where do you see that I still think baddy's scum? And even if I did, why is that an issue?
166. It's an issue because of your... "wishy-washyness?" in posts such as 189.

You mentioned my interactions in this post but you didn't say exactly what you disliked about them. Is it because I was being non-committal? (like you were saying before)

also i'm not noobscum. i'm amazingScum =p
...I was talking to vinyl

I honestly haven't been paying that much attention to ran's push on mac. Give me a sec...

Top Bottom