• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Simpsons Mafia || GAME OVER! Who lived hap-diddly-aply every after?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ran: i'm in the process of reading your post. I've think we're at the point where this argument is largely pedantic in nature. But I was just tryna say that the explicit action wasn't why you found me scummy, but instead my motivations/reasons behind it. I guess the point you were trying to get across is, that while the action itself might not be scummy, me doing the action in this current context was scummy.

Earlier you said that you found me scummy because of the action which I thought was ridiculous so I said what I said, however that wasn't the whole story of why you found me scummy(you expand on it eventually) but then you started saying I was being slanderous which I HAD to argue against cuz that WAS ridiculous. Which in turn made me concretize my position in the argument so that you could atleast see where I was coming from.

Also, I didn't say your vote was invalid, just that that reason you gave was invalid and i was just looking for you to recognize that or expand/clarify why you found me scummy. You're of course free to vote anyone for whatever reason.

anyways, imma finish reading your post/rest of the thread

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ranmaru, Your points about DH are really weak and I couldn't stomach to get through the rest even though I hated a certain line in that post.

#HBC | ѕoup

Nevermind I found it

Ranmaru said:
You bold Soup's statement that everyone would just claim vt in this setup, to justify his own reason that Badwolf must be trying to softclaim a pr as scum, which I didn't see at all. It seemed here like you were also wondering the same thing... Yet...

Serious lack of reading comprehension on the bolded here. I didn't say that Badwolf was trying to softclaim anything, I was trying to say that his intention to hide behind his role was scummy, never did I imply a softclaim from him.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Sort of. You see, I find one defending themselves is neccessary, yet I don't expect people to try to argue deeply to do so. I just think they would say "I was doing this because of this", or rather that they clarified their actions and showed it was in a town mindset. I just always think of "Would scum do this?" as a way for scum to defend themselves, which is why I found it scummy. (This is why I mentioned wifom, because I was taught that scum will always try to defend themselves with wifom)
Ah, I feel you. I do use this reasoning a lot though, but generally in situations where I think the WIFOM aspect of it doesn't matter or where it's clear that scum isn't more likely to do it than town. of course in situations like clear bussing/etc where the WIFOM is apparent and scum is explicitly doing things to get a town sides, it's different and this kind of argument wouldn't work.

You say that, but your statement "But I do think he is most likely scum" sounds like you were, in a way. Do you disagree?
I can definitely see that confusion. I did clarify when you asked me to.

That statement was basically just a 'while this vote was a joke vote, I see where Soup is coming from on baddy and I also thought his actions were suspect.'

The reason why I think you were voting Baddy was because you may have not had as much options on who to vote.
It was really just a joke vote. I hadn't yet started taking this game srsly and was just in post w/e **** I want mode

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Soup:

Hmmm, I saw it that way. That's what I thought you were attacking him for. I'm sorry for misunderstanding, but can you also show where you exactly said that it was because of him trying to 'hide behind his role'.

Also, you say you find my reasons for DH scum weak, but please can you try to train your stomach to that of a Dodongo's level and expain why you think my reasons are weak, instead of just discrediting me without really explaining why?

#HBC | ѕoup

I got to one point, but your case on DH doesn't really concern me as I don't have a problem with you or him, there's not much reason for me to get explictly involved unless you're implicating that some of your reasoning behind DH scum is because of my actions.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ranmaru said:
Hmmm, I saw it that way. That's what I thought you were attacking him for. I'm sorry for misunderstanding, but can you also show where you exactly said that it was because of him trying to 'hide behind his role'.
It was like my second post after I voted Badwolf...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Macman, I hope you are reading my case on Soup/DH. Comment on those for me.

I got to one point, but your case on DH doesn't really concern me as I don't have a problem with you or him, there's not much reason for me to get explictly involved unless you're implicating that some of your reasoning behind DH scum is because of my actions.
Yes, but the point was regarding you since you bolded the statement where I was referring to you. And I checked the last post and don't see anything about DH. I think it is important that you do explain why you feel I may be wrong on DH because:

1. He is your town read
2. He is my scum read

It would help us progress in the game and see other people's pov's. Also consider your reason for your DH read is weak as well, so it would be for the best that you showed your POV here. I'm not saying DH's actions become scummy because of yours, they are individual tells yet I do see you two as possible Buddies. I'll get to your response soon.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
wrt to ran's post on soup/dh, I really think you're attributing motivations to some of soup's actions that are stretching it. Soup's 'vote vinyl' thing was clearly a RVS post since literally nothing had happened in the game yet. Same with his early vote on Badwolf, it just seemed to me that he was being liberal with his vote and tryna get baddy to respond. He accepted me into the brocrew because we're ****in BROS. Lol but seriously, he's not saying he thinks I'm town, that was just early game banter. Kevin, Marshy, FF and I do this a lot in games.

so it's seems like you're stretching alot wrt to soup. you're attributing mal-intent to actions that don't really justify it

also fwiw soup is by far my strongest town read

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol so I'm reread the first couple pages (cuz of ran's post) and baddy's #53 (and his everything else) don't make any sense to me. Ran, earlier on, you said that you think it's easier to read newbies... and I completely disagree, cuz I never know whether theyre doing bad stuff because they're scum or because theyre new. And I don't hold them to the same standards of better players so it makes me overlook some of their scummy play.

anyways, I'm fine with almost everyone in this town. I want either DH or ORI to go today. After they're out of the picture I think I'd wanna focus on Baddy. Even after rereading his posts i'm still swinging back and forth on him.

I agree with ran that DH's vote on me seemed opportunistic. This is further solidified by the fact that his reason(s) for voting me was weak. His explanations for me as scum didn't seem to coincide time-wise with the actions of the game. (He gave reasons for me being scum that occurred after he initially painted me as scum)

Dark horse, how exactly did vinyls actions remind you of your noobscum play in CRM?

Soup, I don't see how you think DH's pushes seemed genuine

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Quick post/s before I go to sleep so I'm sorry if it's scattered and shallow. I'm dead tired and I'm basically just here until my sleep cycles line up with my wakeup time. Whatever you'll work it out I guess.

@Ran: I'm leaving my vote on Badwolf until he responds to my posts about his read of Macman. He blatantly went from wishywashy to solid scum to saying it was a (pressure isn't the word I'm looking for but whatever) pressure vote in the course about one game page. He needs to explain that ****. (On an out of game note, the conclusions you come to on some posts is always odd to me. I'll have to chat to you about it after the game because I feel it's just a difference in thinking/playstyles).

In my current state, if I were to make a call on DH, it wouldn't be well thought out. I'm sorry.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ranmaru said:
Yes, but the point was regarding you since you bolded the statement where I was referring to you. And I checked the last post and don't see anything about DH. I think it is important that you do explain why you feel I may be wrong on DH because:

1. He is your town read
2. He is my scum read

It would help us progress in the game and see other people's pov's. Also consider your reason for your DH read is weak as well, so it would be for the best that you showed your POV here. I'm not saying DH's actions become scummy because of yours, they are individual tells yet I do see you two as possible Buddies. I'll get to your response soon.
Alright.

Quoting from your post about me and DH:

Dark Horse votes Vinyl yet doesn't express why, yet says "Dead serious here"
I think DH explained that; did you clarify on this DH?

I ask him, yet he cuts the question out from the quote and doesn't answer, yet does say he has a vote on Macman in spirit. I feel this may be scum motivated in re-reading. I felt at the time it was him agreeing to support me, yet he says that wasn't focused on my push on Mac at all. So, Dark Horse: What exactly did Macman do that set your alarms off besides my push on him?
So from your perspective he's appealing to the masses? That's what I get out of this paragraph. I haven't read DH's responses to you. I know Macman asked me why I was reading DH as genuine with his pushes so i'm gonna try and knock that out too. It's really just a feel i'm getting from DH, I admit I haven't looked into it that much but I feel like he's townie this game, I guess that's all I can really explain to it, the talk about consistency in alignment sums it up, and I feel he's been consistent; I would expect ScumDH to not get involved as much as he has.

DH's vote here seems like DH trying to get on macman's wagon since he said he'd support me in spirit, yet he hasn't given the reason why he did before, since Macman said that AFTER DH said he already was considering Mac. It doesn't line up. I feel this is a bit opportunistic.
Your point here, however, is good. I'm sure DH has covered his response to this so i'll get to it.

Bold + Underlined:

I don't see the point of him voting Vinyl because of how he himself acted in Celeb. Everyone acts and thinks differently so this seems like him trying to justify his vote on vinyl with a bad reason (him trying to apply his own actions to other people's thoughts+actions, no other way I can explain it), especially since he didn't consider it enough to lynch. Also consider DH's "Oh I was doing it to pressure" is on the same line's as Soup's early pressure as well, and consider DH voted Vinyl (right below the bad vote) on page 1 as well.
This all falls under how DH explains himself sadly, but I get what you're saying here but I still feel it's a bit weak, especially considering half of these happened early within the game and DH might have been just looking for reactions like myself.

#HBC | ѕoup

What I want you to cover is this Ranmaru: Why wait so long to play your hand? What was in it for you to be observant if you had problems that stemmed so early in the game? Why not just knock them out then? I see you bringing up these huge walls on past matters but you're just getting to them, is it because of something else that happened further on that you decided to wait?

#HBC | ѕoup

As much as Summoner hasn't been fully here I generally like his responses and sticking to his guns, I know I covered the talk about possible inactivity scum but i'm going to lean town on Summoner for now, he seems to have his priority at hand and If I recall his response to me about his other scumpicks they weren't too shabby but perhaps just lacking effort.

I really want Ori to do more.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just didn't know how to approach this. Considering Macman is a vet, and i'm sure you are a better player than Rake (Sorry Rake no offense), I didn't know how to push the two of you at the same time. Basically I want to focus on one scum at a time, plus I want to see how my other scumread would act when I am only focusing on one. This gives me better info because I'm looking individually and not JUST by the connections. Also, I would see if you would support me or not. Then if my sole scumread flipped scum I would try to look more into my other read. Easier that way really. I also like to keep my reads close to my chest usually.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Like, with Rake, his scumminess was already splattered all over the town, but with better players it's harder to SEE it so I have to poke and prod a bit more, and of course see how they act over a long period of time to see their intentions.

#HBC | ѕoup

DH claims in most of his posts that everything he done was for pressure and said that he didn't out his reasoning for that matter. What makes his statement not true and incriminates him?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
As much as Summoner hasn't been fully here I generally like his responses and sticking to his guns, I know I covered the talk about possible inactivity scum but i'm going to lean town on Summoner for now, he seems to have his priority at hand and If I recall his response to me about his other scumpicks they weren't too shabby but perhaps just lacking effort.
agre ed

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Soup about DH:

I think DH explained that; did you clarify on this DH?
DH hasn't responded to my last post yet, so no. I noticed he said it was pressure, so he should have a read on vinyl then. Agreed? That isn't the sole reason for my concern with DH's slot though.

So from your perspective he's appealing to the masses? That's what I get out of this paragraph. I haven't read DH's responses to you. I know Macman asked me why I was reading DH as genuine with his pushes so i'm gonna try and knock that out too. It's really just a feel i'm getting from DH, I admit I haven't looked into it that much but I feel like he's townie this game, I guess that's all I can really explain to it, the talk about consistency in alignment sums it up, and I feel he's been consistent; I would expect ScumDH to not get involved as much as he has.
From my pov, yes. He gives support to my Mac push yet later on votes him with reasoning that comes AFTER his original point of suspicion 'in spirit' on Mac. You get me? He had a reason to support the mac push at that time, that is what I want to know because I haven't seen it yet.

Your point here, however, is good. I'm sure DH has covered his response to this so i'll get to it.
Yeah this is related to the previous paragraph.

This all falls under how DH explains himself sadly, but I get what you're saying here but I still feel it's a bit weak, especially considering half of these happened early within the game and DH might have been just looking for reactions like myself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I feel the Mac 'spirit vote' and actual vote are the most condemning points on DH. You say it's a good point, though right? DH hasn't responded yet so I want your updated read on DH after he does.

Your response up next.

#HBC | ѕoup

DH:

In #86:
Unvote, Vote: Macman
In #227:
Unvote, Vote: Badwolf
I realize you had a back and forth with macman, but what prompted you to stop voting macman? I don't recall you resorting that read out and you changing over to Badwolf after your re-read seemed like you just had different priorities that took place.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Soup:

To get reactions. I'm one of the people who hates RVS and actually has purpose behind the things I do; I use RVS as an excuse to do different things however. I had no specific read on Vinyl. and I already explained my reasoning as to why I did that in #21.
I know you do so to get reactions, mostly from seeing your play as NoLynch, I just don't get that towny vibe from you. Why? I just felt you were targetting easy targets, it just FELT scummy, you feel me? Like, I would expect town you to at least understand my view on Badwolf from earlier on but yet when I tried to explain it you kept pushing it. I also am PoE'ing as well, for example I see Vinyl as town, and Badwolf too, so your statement that you feel one of them may be scum yet you are fine with either kind of feels like you are keeping your options open there to mislynch both of them when the time comes. Here is the quote:

Anyways, I asked the inactivity question because I've got way too many town-reads currently right now, I'm reading DH/Macman/Ranmaru as my main ones and leaning town on Vinyl. I still dislike Badwolf a ton but I believe that Vinyl/Badwolf aren't aligned and I'd like to get rid of one of them to solidify the other, I'm fairly confident in my reads on the formers I mentioned simply because they each have specific tells I look for.
This is what I'm referring to. Do you know how to read Vinyl?

Vinyl. didn't respond yet, and I voted Vinyl. as he was still viewing, he didn't show interest in my vote so I switched to Badwolf to see what reaction I could get out of him too, mostly because he reminds like Vinyl. and his reactions are a lot more telling than the content they produce. I thought Badwolf was going to get upset and sarcastic like his usual self but he kept his cool, he had a good reaction for the time being and there was no reason to push it further because I already got what I wanted out of it. Why are you so hung up on these small instances that have already been explained?
Ah ok, that makes sense. I mean the vote hopping from vynil to baddy makes sense because even I would hop if my vote wasn't doing any good. Why? Because I found it scummy? I don't see why I shouldn't talk about something that is concerning. I don't expect scum to leave big trails so of course I'll have to start small.

It reflected as null-town. I didn't have reason to push Badwolf there after a good reaction like that. Also yes, in a way I was prodding both of them to move discussion and get out of RVS but I also had my own intentions there.
How sure are you on your Badwolf read? How did his next scummy action bring him back to a scum-read, and how does it conflict/line up with his previous reaction?

Macman openly offered to buddy me in the game and I like mac, there's your highly detailed answer. Why the hell are these things such a concern to you? I seriously don't understand your disposition to comment about all these things or merely wait to comment on them if they bothered you at first-hand, you're not a player who does this often Ran.
Usually I try to garner a read on a person before buddying really. This is why it matters to me, because I want to see why you'd buddy without really having a read yet. Even if you are bro's outside the game you still have to explain why you just are cool with him in-game, because it can be possible you as scum would take advantage of that to have him by your side. (Personally I like buddying once I have a town read on the slot so that way I can have fun with the game and be able to trust someone without always looking at them all the time) How often do you see me give full reads list or town reads, or pushing multiple scumreads at one time?

What? I was surprised that a player in the middle of RVS could have such surface level reads when he says he doesn't care for RVS or finds it pointless, his jump on pretending like he knew everything there bothered me. How was I trying to do that? Where do you see this? I had no concern with Mac and was only focusing on what I wanted with Badwolf for the time being.
At first he said he was not going to do anything, but then your vote on him prodded him to, so I don't see why you didn't see that.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Sure sure. What is your read on Vinyl then? I also don't see you as the type to pressure vote. Unless your vote on Badwolf in Gheb's game was a pressure vote? I'd expect you to vote accordingly with reasons. Now then, I would think you would have a legit vote AFTER all that but I don't really see it that way. Check this out:
@Bolded are you ****ing kidding me?

I have vinyl as leaning town. I didn't see anything incredibly scummy fom his play after that.

Bold, I don't see how this is scum motivation? Did Badwolf ever call Vinyl scum? Also, check these quotes: (below Badwolf's quote, the quotes of you)
It's badwolf attempting to paint vinyl in an ugly light, in addition being pretty damn defensive. It's certainly scum motivation.

To me, this does NOT sound like he is trying to be safe while putting his vote on him. He was just clarifying that his read on Macman was less than definite scum, which is a good thing to express when someone mentions their read on that person while asking to join them on the wagon. So I feel you didn't really consider that and tried to use that to paint Badwolf as scum.
YES IT DOES

Ran, I feel like you're not considering the scum motivation behind it. It makes perfect sense for scum to do that, so they can push a mislynch without eung under too much fire. There's certainly scum motivation.

You just say "ok" once Soup replies that town or scum won't want to die at night so it must mean they would all claim vt, you just go along with it and it doesn't seem like you were really questioning it at all, which seems a bit fake to me. I would think that anyone could get defensive when it comes to people possibly rolefishing, and to me it seemed like a misunderstanding...
...what?

I'm sorry, what? Are you trying to say that I shouldn't have backed down when I saw where he was coming from? Should I have kept going, even though I understood exactly what he was saying?

Now then. You NOW vote Badwolf because you think that his claim thing came out of the blue, right? Yet why didn't you mention this at all when Soup was pushing it?
I hadn't been paying that much attention to him, out of human error (I thought vinyl was origionally suspicious, so I decided to immediatley pressure him, while ignoring badwolf). Later on, I kept him scum with macman, so I hadn't been paying that much attention to him. What summoner prompted me to reread badwolf, and that's where I found this stuff now.

I already answered the whole "spirit vote" thing: I thought Macman was joking, so I wanted to get him to stop joking around.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Concerning Ori, does he usually play like this? Or does he get more involved? Because if so, I can see him as third party trying to lay low.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I realize you had a back and forth with macman, but what prompted you to stop voting macman? I don't recall you resorting that read out and you changing over to Badwolf after your re-read seemed like you just had different priorities that took place.
I did when I realized "badwolf is bad" was a joke.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
DH, how did vinyls play remind you of your noobscum play in CRM?
In Celeb rehab, near the beginning of the game, I feel like I dropped in at one point just to have some odd interactions/questioning with PL (Vinyl's whole "you're not buddying me" and my "what are your reads." I feel like it's somewhat the same here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Badwolf, you going to explain that **** to Summoner?

Also, what do you think of DH? Would you join the wagon?

#HBC | ѕoup

Ranmaru said:
I know you do so to get reactions, mostly from seeing your play as NoLynch, I just don't get that towny vibe from you. Why? I just felt you were targetting easy targets, it just FELT scummy, you feel me? Like, I would expect town you to at least understand my view on Badwolf from earlier on but yet when I tried to explain it you kept pushing it. I also am PoE'ing as well, for example I see Vinyl as town, and Badwolf too, so your statement that you feel one of them may be scum yet you are fine with either kind of feels like you are keeping your options open there to mislynch both of them when the time comes. Here is the quote:
My intention was to target easy players. I explained why I targeted them specifically and explained how they are read better based on their reactions. I didn't care, to be honest, I had my own read on Badwolf prior to that much like you had your own.

This is what I'm referring to. Do you know how to read Vinyl?
Yeah. I said they aren't aligned based on their interaction with each-other early on, and I'm scumreading Badwolf right now so....

Ah ok, that makes sense. I mean the vote hopping from vynil to baddy makes sense because even I would hop if my vote wasn't doing any good. Why? Because I found it scummy? I don't see why I shouldn't talk about something that is concerning. I don't expect scum to leave big trails so of course I'll have to start small.
Irrelevant, but thanks for explanation.

How sure are you on your Badwolf read? How did his next scummy action bring him back to a scum-read, and how does it conflict/line up with his previous reaction?
It didn't matter to be honest, reads change. Badwolf did something scummy and I didn't factor how I felt previously. I'm confident on what I have on him now.

Usually I try to garner a read on a person before buddying really. This is why it matters to me, because I want to see why you'd buddy without really having a read yet. Even if you are bro's outside the game you still have to explain why you just are cool with him in-game, because it can be possible you as scum would take advantage of that to have him by your side. (Personally I like buddying once I have a town read on the slot so that way I can have fun with the game and be able to trust someone without always looking at them all the time) How often do you see me give full reads list or town reads, or pushing multiple scumreads at one time?
You're thinking too much about this, I was just buddying mac back because he buddied me, there was nothing telling about it and I would even say that it wasn't that game-related. I don't look back at that and have it as a defining read for macman, but rather everything he's done past that. Not often, but I was curious. I know you are a bit of a back-seat player but that doesn't mean that you aren't willing to produce content when needed or jump to your feet when you're bothered by something.

At first he said he was not going to do anything, but then your vote on him prodded him to, so I don't see why you didn't see that.
Are you talking about the first reaction? Yeah, that was a bit alarming...but..i've gone over this so many times Ran, are you still not satisfied to some extent?

#HBC | ѕoup

DH, I'm reading your interaction with Ranmaru just recently and you say you have Vinyl. as town, why didn't you feel the need to explain that? People are on you because of your lack of explanation to everything, I understand the need to keep some things hidden but it seems trivial.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Dark House Rising:

@Bolded are you ****ing kidding me?

I have vinyl as leaning town. I didn't see anything incredibly scummy fom his play after that.
I lol'd. I forgot about your dayvig gambits, but you usually don't pressure vote as much though. I would think you would just vote with logic, so that is why I thought of that. Though, have you pressure voted people before though?

It's badwolf attempting to paint vinyl in an ugly light, in addition being pretty damn defensive. It's certainly scum motivation.
Yet I didn't see him call vinyl scum. Did he?

YES IT DOES

Ran, I feel like you're not considering the scum motivation behind it. It makes perfect sense for scum to do that, so they can push a mislynch without eung under too much fire. There's certainly scum motivation.
Right. So why do you think Badwolf unvoted Macman then?

...what?

I'm sorry, what? Are you trying to say that I shouldn't have backed down when I saw where he was coming from? Should I have kept going, even though I understood exactly what he was saying?
You should have actually used more words so others can understand where you are coming from and how you form your conclusion. AAIGHT won't cut it after just a "wait a sec" you know? Also, you agreed with me that Badwolf might not have known this was an open game. How does this reflect your read on Badwolf?

I hadn't been paying that much attention to him, out of human error (I thought vinyl was origionally suspicious, so I decided to immediatley pressure him, while ignoring badwolf). Later on, I kept him scum with macman, so I hadn't been paying that much attention to him. What summoner prompted me to reread badwolf, and that's where I found this stuff now.
Ok, so sorry I have missed this. Where exactly did you start to like Vinyl, and when did you express such a sentiment? (of endearment :awesome:)

I already answered the whole "spirit vote" thing: I thought Macman was joking, so I wanted to get him to stop joking around.
Remember that you said "Actually, as a matter of fact, consider my vote on him in spirit". I was thinking something else made you re-consider Macman. Is this true?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
DH, I'm reading your interaction with Ranmaru just recently and you say you have Vinyl. as town, why didn't you feel the need to explain that? People are on you because of your lack of explanation to everything, I understand the need to keep some things hidden but it seems trivial.
I somewhat explained it here:

I didn't see anything incredibly scummy fom his play after that.
But to go into more, I don't him panicking or acting like noobscum would after the vote. He was still playing cool, which was why I have him as leaning town.

Right. So why do you think Badwolf unvoted Macman then?
There are a couple possible reasons to from a scum PoV:

A.) He felt as though macman would be a much harder lynch after he started stopping joking around

B.) He didn't want to get credit for a macman mislynch, especially since he had said that his read was shaky

C.) He was playing safe and did eventually be on the lynch (Look at the votecount now. He hasn't voted anyone since then)

So yeah, it makes sense from a scum PoV.

You should have actually used more words so others can understand where you are coming from and how you form your conclusion. AAIGHT won't cut it after just a "wait a sec" you know? Also, you agreed with me that Badwolf might not have known this was an open game. How does this reflect your read on Badwolf?
It's Aiight, with two Is, not two As. Though on a more serious note, I hadn't really gone into more detail because I didn't see how. Soup had just given a valid explanation for why the FBI agent wouldn't claim. It makes sense. What's to go into?

Ok, so sorry I have missed this. Where exactly did you start to like Vinyl, and when did you express such a sentiment? (of endearment )
I started to like vinyl after he started posting after my vote on him, and it showed that he wasn't bringing too much attention to when I voted him. Even when he did start questioning it (This was after I had switched to macman), I felt as though he didn't really panic about it at all. Hence the town read.

Remember that you said "Actually, as a matter of fact, consider my vote on him in spirit". I was thinking something else made you re-consider Macman. Is this true?
That was the thing. Here's the original post:

I get the feeling he's still joking around.

Come to think of it, consider my vote on him in spirit
I thought it was implied that it was because I thought he was still joking around, but apparently not.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not really, no Soup, that's simply how I see it and the reason why I state it is because I want everyone to know what I feel. But I'll consider looking into DH first and going from there. Simple as that.

Now I'm ****ing tired of this thread going so slow... it's just me-soup-macman-DH mostly here.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Yet I didn't see him call vinyl scum. Did he?
Missed this. Yeah, he didn't. That makes it worse, as it reads more like he's setting something up for another person to call vinyl scum for. Also, just because he never outright called vinyl scum doesn't mean the intent's not there

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Vynil: Next post, I want you to put a vote down. I want you to look at my Soup/DH case and comment on it.
@Ori_Bro: I want your vote in play. Once you post your thoughts I WANT A FRICKING VOTE.
@Summoner: It's cool, I'll await your response when you are fully awake and stuffs.
@Badwolf: I WANT A VOTE FROM YOU TOO. ****ing explain your actions. Or get lynched.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i could get behind a baddy lynch, DH is making me second guess.

Ori_bro is the person we really need to hear from the most

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Nevermind I found it

"Ranmaru said:
You bold Soup's statement that everyone would just claim vt in this setup, to justify his own reason that Badwolf must be trying to softclaim a pr as scum, which I didn't see at all. It seemed here like you were also wondering the same thing... Yet...

Serious lack of reading comprehension on the bolded here. I didn't say that Badwolf was trying to softclaim anything, I was trying to say that his intention to hide behind his role was scummy, never did I imply a softclaim from him.
lol so I'm reread the first couple pages (cuz of ran's post) and baddy's #53 (and his everything else) don't make any sense to me. Ran, earlier on, you said that you think it's easier to read newbies... and I completely disagree, cuz I never know whether theyre doing bad stuff because they're scum or because theyre new. And I don't hold them to the same standards of better players so it makes me overlook some of their scummy play.

anyways, I'm fine with almost everyone in this town. I want either DH or ORI to go today. After they're out of the picture I think I'd wanna focus on Baddy. Even after rereading his posts i'm still swinging back and forth on him.

I agree with ran that DH's vote on me seemed opportunistic. This is further solidified by the fact that his reason(s) for voting me was weak. His explanations for me as scum didn't seem to coincide time-wise with the actions of the game. (He gave reasons for me being scum that occurred after he initially painted me as scum)

Dark horse, how exactly did vinyls actions remind you of your noobscum play in CRM?

Soup, I don't see how you think DH's pushes seemed genuine
Quick post/s before I go to sleep so I'm sorry if it's scattered and shallow. I'm dead tired and I'm basically just here until my sleep cycles line up with my wakeup time. Whatever you'll work it out I guess.

@Ran: I'm leaving my vote on Badwolf until he responds to my posts about his read of Macman. He blatantly went from wishywashy to solid scum to saying it was a (pressure isn't the word I'm looking for but whatever) pressure vote in the course about one game page. He needs to explain that ****. (On an out of game note, the conclusions you come to on some posts is always odd to me. I'll have to chat to you about it after the game because I feel it's just a difference in thinking/playstyles).

In my current state, if I were to make a call on DH, it wouldn't be well thought out. I'm sorry.
@Vynil: Next post, I want you to put a vote down. I want you to look at my Soup/DH case and comment on it.
@Ori_Bro: I want your vote in play. Once you post your thoughts I WANT A FRICKING VOTE.
@Summoner: It's cool, I'll await your response when you are fully awake and stuffs.
@Badwolf: I WANT A VOTE FROM YOU TOO. ****ing explain your actions. Or get lynched.
Will answer all this **** when I get back, in comp class right now and leaving within the next 5 mins. I'll have responses once I get home.

Top Bottom