• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

tibs7

Smash Champion
Sweeeeet!
so I have a newer wii with no GameCube compatibility :( could you hack it so I could download games? Play burnt games etc etc?

:phone:

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
um yes burnt games
Nintendo updated their wiis in 2009 with new disc drives. Thus making burnt games that were playable through homebrew unplayable/unreadable.

Not sure about mod chips though. Burnt games may still work with a mod chip on the newer wiis.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
You can play copied games on a modchiped wii. Not sure about homebrew, but I have seen Ted boot up a copied melee before on the gc backup launcher. So I donno :s, maybe Wii copied games just don't work.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
There is a lot of ways to get around most wii's to make them do anything (region free/burned/usb). All you have to do is modify the cIos files on the wii through homebrew software.

Easiest way is wode if you have $100, just put ur ISO's onto a usb or SD card and away you go. Also allows use of burned dvd games. I've had one for about 5 months and its amaze. Just have an external plugged into it with like 200 games.

I'll bring it to BAM.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
billy the wizard broomstick racing tournament replacing brawl at bam

*rocket broomstick racing

tibs7

Smash Champion
awesome. will bring my bad wii to someones before bam to hack muahahaha

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I think Phil might be having something on tonight. Either way, I should be having some kind of meet in the next week or so, maybe at the new venue?
It's still being decided.

Nido

ily Sebby
Well I can't make this meet and cbf going to the major so when's the monthly after BAM?
Attila let's have our mm then.

Splice

Smash Hero
There was a tournament on today at my house but the registration ended at 1pm

Guess you all lose

Splice for #1

SL.Chris

Smash Cadet
Re: Next Smash Event at ShadowLogicHQ, Oct 28th.

Hey Guys,

We're looking to have the next Smash Tournament at SLHQ the following Sunday, so October 28th.

A couple of changes from the last event we had:

- More Setups!, last time we had 8 TV's this time we're looking to have 10.
They will be a little bit smaller but it should help us with the crowding issue we had last time.

- Speaking of crowding, I didn't really like the fact that I couldn't comfortably fit 4 chairs around 1 screen for Doubles. So I've picked up a few splitters so when we run Doubles, we'll be using 2 screens instead of 1, that way we won't need to have 4 of you around 1 screen.

I might not have explained that well but here is a picture, 1 xbox to 2 screens:

So when we run singles we can utilize the full 10 CRT's for 10 Setups, but when we run doubles we'll only have 5 Setups since we'll need 2 screen for each one.

Lastly, we'll still need your help with consoles as we haven't been able to pick up any of our own yet, so any equipment you guys can bring would be awesome, consoles, games, controllers, every bit helps =).

Jei will update the original post with the rest of the details later tonight.

Thanks. :)

cheese619

Smash Ace
Are the splitters powered? If they aren't you're going to have issues with input lag (particularly in melee because of the strict timing it requires) and the picture will be darker as the signal isn't being amplified at all.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Sounds awesome, thanks Chris!

Lets all remember to bring setups for sunday guys!

Also, unfortunately I''ve lost my folder which had all my pokemon stickers in. But, Im gonna make my own sticker sheet with the dreamworld pokemon art. =)

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/i...m=*535 535Tympole+Dream.png#mw-category-media

If anyone would like a sticker of any pokemon, or of something similar to this. (the easy art style is recommended since its easier to prepare and cut out.) Let me know here or message me. ^.^

I could make a sticker of anything really lol.

cheese619

Smash Ace
I call horse-s*** on the no-power, no-lag. May as well play on huge LCDs with 30 frames of post-processing. (exaggeration)
But hey I don't care because I won't be there.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Are you kidding Syke? If they use unpowered splitters I'm setting you up with the ultimate john for when you next lose to Dekar.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
so... when "they" use unpowered splitters.. "you're" going to set... "me" up with the ultimate john.. when we play.. singles..... on a setup meant only for... doubles...

I think you need to put down the red cordial son.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
have you even used a splitter before, like what the **** are you talking about cheese

i didn't even know you could get splitters that need power

amazool *****

cheese619

Smash Ace
Redact, anytime you split a signal you are creating lag. The lag created by most powered splitters on the market is measured in microseconds and generally has no effect on the game because the lag is equal to less than one frame. An unpowered splitter however has no signal amplification resulting in a darker picture and milliseconds of lag so you'll usually end up with a few frames of input lag. It's the reason why people record from a tv's av out instead of splitting the signal straight from the wii.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Redact, anytime you split a signal you are creating lag. The lag created by most powered splitters on the market is measured in microseconds and generally has no effect on the game because the lag is equal to less than one frame. An unpowered splitter however has no signal amplification resulting in a darker picture and milliseconds of lag so you'll usually end up with a few frames of input lag. It's the reason why people record from a tv's av out instead of splitting the signal straight from the wii.
powerless split lag is dependant on total cord length between aplification.

the gamecube/wii provides enough power to do like 25m+ without any noticable lag (by noticeable i mean not even 10 ms, let alone a frame)

I've actually tested this before, split an image about 6 times using 3m cables on each split and no noticable lag between splits was present, and there are sources out there than can back this up too. my tests were simple thus not 100% accurate but theyre solid enough to actually go by the results

going through tv's can help or harm depending on the tv's actual setup and acutal ampage with its output if it does amp it rather than just split itself.

and heres the bit thats just simple logic: the reason why people record from tv outs rather than using splitters is because you only need 1 cord rather than 2 cords and 1 splitter. a good part of people that record have done 0 lag research and just choose the cheapest option

Top Bottom