• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Metaknight should/will be banned" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
I agree with Yuna there, no matter how "easy" it is to play metaknight it's not like anyone can pick him up and win a tourney even if the others aren't allowed to use him.

Sure metaknight is not hard to learn but there are a good number of metaknights I'm able to beat consistently.

Anyway, banning a character is just silly, stop acting this moronic, first everyone is, no1 that's not Snake can't win a tournament, now it's Metaknight should be banned, and **** me but every time I beat someone with Ike it's just "his range is insane", "he's too fast for a heavyweight" and stuff like that. No character is broken in Brawl, you have too much options and the lack of 0 to death combos pretty much means the game resets after a few hits, just with different %s.

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
Sure metaknight is not hard to learn but there are a good number of metaknights I'm able to beat consistently.

Anyway, banning a character is just silly, stop acting this moronic, first everyone is, no1 that's not Snake can't win a tournament, now it's Metaknight should be banned, and **** me but every time I beat someone with Ike it's just "his range is insane", "he's too fast for a heavyweight" and stuff like that. No character is broken in Brawl, you have too much options and the lack of 0 to death combos pretty much means the game resets after a few hits, just with different %s.
Don't use the "I can beat good Metaknights" argument. Noone here cares about whether you can. It's about everyone. Whether you can is irrelevant.

There are not 0-death combos is Melee. That's an overexaggeration made by people arguing in favor of Brawl who never played Melee.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
He's the best character in the game, get over it. He's only winning over the rest by a small margin. So what?
Not that I disagree with you, but you have a truly distorted view of a small margin. The only character that comes anywhere close to MK in terms of high placements is Snake, and even he is having trouble keeping up these days. All of the other characters have less than one third of MK's score on the Character Rankings. MK's ability to win is significantly greater at this point than any other character in the game. Regardless, there are still other characters that can win, and there are certain characters that (I think) have the advantage over MK when played right.

It won't do to argue that this game is balanced with respect to Metaknight. This game is thoroughly unbalanced in regard to him. The real argument is that a lack of balance isn't new to fighting games at all, and MK doesn't currently dominate. He's just really freaking good.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
if metaknight was the lightest char in the game, or took more damage as compared to other characters, that'd be delicious.

but we'd all be complaining the same if snake was super dominating the tournaments. I'll never get over why the space next to his utilt exists, there's no legit reason. But he's got his glaring weaknesses.

MK is just...MK. Imma put DK at the top if it kills me.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
The thing is : Metaknight is the most powerful character in the game. Ok. But he's also the quickest to learn... That destroys the metagame.
Did Sheik destroy Melee's metagame when she remained at the top of the tiers for so long? Hardly.

I'm not convinced he needs a ban just yet. I can see how it would be detrimental to the metagame, but I haven't found myself in need to constantly study on how to beat a MK. Granted I'm not a huge tourney goer, just local stuff, so take what I say about that with a grain of salt.

He's not unbeatable, and he's not Akuma. I think that's reason enough to leave him be for now.

ThaPhantom07

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThaPhantom07
I haven't been here for a while so I didn't know this was even a discussion but it's stupid IMO. Why the hell would you ban Metaknight? He is amazing, yes, but not to the point where he is the only viable character. That's absurd and I don't think Brawl's metagame would ever stagnate that much.

imafatone

Smash Rookie
Define "broken." MK works perfectly fine. That's why he wins.
MetaKnight ALONE might not be broken, but in the hands of at least a mildly skilled player (let alone very skilled,) it becomes so immensely difficult to win the match with any character below his tier.
Um...that would be sarcasm. Or just failure to know what "broken" means in which case your explanation doesn't help him much.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
How easy a character is to play technically is inconsequential and irrelevant.
Very False.

Shiek in melee was easy to play, but a better player could choose a lowertier and still win with a huge margin. Competitive brawl is almost like trading hits back and forth, the winner most of the time goes down to the last stock. So whats to stop a very intelligent player with DK or Marth, watch how m2k or forte plays metaknight, quickly see the spacing, semi combos, and techniques they portray, copy it in a small amount of time, and see the skill of your metaknight grow to a better main character then one you could of spent so much time on.

Meta is too simple to learn. It's to simple to spam. The fact that metaknight can be chosen after you lose your first game to someone and increase the chances of you winning is completley obsurd and can damage the future of tournament brawl.

Yuna, its simple to say that metaknight isnt unbeatable, because everyone on smashboards knows that simple truth. Metaknight in the hands of a complete noob isnt something to be worried about. A noob that knows any sense of spacing, the best moves to spam with metaknight, and a low knowledge of character matchups has a high chance of competiting on the same level as a pro using a lower tier character.

And to your previous posts, dont eve try to compare brawl to 3rd strike, marvel, or any other fighting game. Brawl is so different and the skill it takes to play brawl is totally irrelevant to how hard it is to play those different games. The number of characters and the size of the tiers is the same to brawl. Storm, Magneto, Sentinal, Cable, Captain Commando, certain teams like Clockwork, they all are in comparison to like 60 characters playable in that game, or whatever number it is. 3rd Strike Yun isnt even close to chun-li, so i already dont respect your knowledge in other games.

Let's also look at the pros and cons to banning metaknight from most tournaments.
Pro - Matches will be more determined by skill and matchups will be more equal, in a sense that everyone is using a character that has some bad matchups, unlike meta who has none.
- The metagame will be saved due to no one can just pick metaknight when they are in a tight situation.

Cons - Metaknight players will have to learn a new character...meaning within a week they will be fine.
- I honestly dont see any cons to banning metaknight.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
if you cant win vs a metaknight you might aswell not play.

instead of making jons about why you lose to him why dont you become better and beat him.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i haven't played many really good Metaknights so its kinda hard to say

but i don't think he should be banned...hes annoying but not invincible

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I figured out how to get Yuna's link on the definition of a scrub. Honestly, I think that anyone who wants to ban Metaknight somehow falls under Yuna's definition.:
http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm

While we're discussing Metaknight, any way we could get Snake, GW, Ice Climbers, and Olimar banned? I know it's a scrubby thing to say, but those characters are rediculously powerful:laugh:. No, really, I hate those guys so much that I started maining them to overcome their strengths. They are all PAINFUL to fight.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Eddie in 3 different incarnations of GGXX, X in SCII and SCIII, Yun in 3S, Magneto, Storm and those other two in MvC2 (sorry, I don't play it).

Many games have definite Top Tiers who often do well or win tournaments. Many games have characters with no disadvantageous matchups. They're "destructive to the metagame". So? And how destructive are they, really?

No one has yet addressed the fact that Meta-Knight's prowess is carried out by a small number of elite Meta-Knight players and that there are still plenty of players who win using characters other than Meta-Knight. Or that he's only winning by a small margin a lot of the time.

He's the best character in the game, get over it. He's only winning over the rest by a small margin. So what?
The fact that he has the most tournament wins isn't really the issue, I explained exactly what the issues were with MK in my first post on this thread.

Generally speaking, broken beyond belief isn't the actual criteria, it's just an easily recognizable variation of "significant decrease in the diversity of viable characters". When something is broken beyond belief, the number of tournament-viable characters is reduced to 1. At that point, it's pretty easy to make the ban call, even when the meta-game is immature.

So, it should stand that lesser decreases in the diversity of viable characters can be banned, it just requires a significantly more mature metagame in order to be sure that the character actually makes a high enough number of characters not viable for tournament play. As of right now, MK almost definitely fits the the criteria NOW. But the question is, will he fit the criteria when the meta-game is mature?

Maybe, maybe not. For right now, banning him would be completely pre-mature, because if things do develop that make MK lose this position, were he banned they could not develop.

Regardless, it doesn't help if people mischaracterize other people's arguments, which was really what I was commenting on in the post you quoted.

I figured out how to get Yuna's link on the definition of a scrub. Honestly, I think that anyone who wants to ban Metaknight somehow falls under Yuna's definition.:
http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm

While we're discussing Metaknight, any way we could get Snake, GW, Ice Climbers, and Olimar banned? I know it's a scrubby thing to say, but those characters are rediculously powerful:laugh:. No, really, I hate those guys so much that I started maining them to overcome their strengths. They are all PAINFUL to fight.
Again... it's not that he's TOO GOOD, it's that he's destructive to the meta-game. Reread the "what should be banned" section, paying careful attention to the section "The Two Excellent Examples of “Super Turbo”". Specifically the second one (no, we are NOT dealing with an Akuma-esque character here, obviously).

It's pre-mature to have him banned now, but were the meta-game mature, he would deserve it.

PTR

Smash Rookie
No I don't think Metaknight should be banned. Why you ask? It's simple the only way a character should be banned is if the said character is overpowered against every character in the roster otherwise known as an uber character. These uber characters have no weaknesses what so ever and can fight any character having always an advantage. In this case Metaknight doesn't always have an advantage, he also has a few weaknesses such as having low kill power, no projectile, reflector or counter. It is also too early to determine whether or not he should be banned because this game is only a few months old, however i don't think he is ban worthy because the gap between Metaknight and the other characters isn't very huge.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No I don't think Metaknight should be banned. Why you ask? It's simple the only way a character should be banned is if the said character is overpowered against every character in the roster otherwise known as an uber character. These uber characters have no weaknesses what so ever and can fight any character having always an advantage. In this case Metaknight doesn't always have an advantage, he also has a few weaknesses such as having low kill power, no projectile, reflector or counter. It is also too early to determine whether or not he should be banned because this game is only a few months old, however i don't think he is ban worthy because the gap between Metaknight and the other characters isn't very huge.

That's not the criteria.

Read the what should be banned feature that Sirlin did.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not that I disagree with you, but you have a truly distorted view of a small margin. The only character that comes anywhere close to MK in terms of high placements is Snake, and even he is having trouble keeping up these days. All of the other characters have less than one third of MK's score on the Character Rankings. MK's ability to win is significantly greater at this point than any other character in the game. Regardless, there are still other characters that can win, and there are certain characters that (I think) have the advantage over MK when played right.
You have the wrong interpretation of "a small margin".

Let's say I'm better than you at basketball by a small margin. I'm the best, you're 2nd best. We both enter 100 tournaments. I win 75 of those, each time by a small margin, you win 20 and 5 other people win the other 5.

Does this make me unbeatable? Does this make be tons better than you? No, I'm still just beating you (and those other 5) by a small margin. I'm better, yes, but only by a small margin. But if you hold a ton of tournaments, I'm going to win the majority of them because I'm the best.

MK is not leagues ahead of everyone else. Yes, there is a gap between him and Snake and G&W. And then there's a gap between those three and High Tier. But not by such a margin we need to ban anyone (yet).

But I still have to fight tooth and nail and go even and almost lose constantly.

Also, again, Mew2King, one of the best players in the nation and other great Meta-Knights are largely to "blame" for his placements. They're the ones going around placing well as him. A select small number of great players using their main and doing well as them.

Ken won virtually every single tournament he entered for 2+ years. Marth was banworthy in Melee?

It won't do to argue that this game is balanced with respect to Metaknight. This game is thoroughly unbalanced in regard to him. The real argument is that a lack of balance isn't new to fighting games at all, and MK doesn't currently dominate. He's just really freaking good.
Yes. This we can agree on.

0-edgeguard =/= 0 to death

I hope that eventually there will be a soft ban for the sake of the lower tiers.
Yes, let's ban good characters so the Low Tier mainers can place a little better!

Ease of play on a technical level is inconsequential. Ease of winning is all that matters.

Nobody cares if it takes less time to learn how to play MK properly than a lot of other characters if at the end of the day, he's still got matchups that are either disadvantageous or even.

And to your previous posts, dont eve try to compare brawl to 3rd strike, marvel, or any other fighting game. Brawl is so different and the skill it takes to play brawl is totally irrelevant to how hard it is to play those different games. The number of characters and the size of the tiers is the same to brawl. Storm, Magneto, Sentinal, Cable, Captain Commando, certain teams like Clockwork, they all are in comparison to like 60 characters playable in that game, or whatever number it is.
I'm so sick and tired of this BS.

"Brawl is so different, nothing from any other game can apply here!"

Why the hell not?! We're still playing it as a Competitive game. We're discussing banning a character for being "too good". Of course we can compare it to other games with similar situations where there are characters who are good and possibly "too good" to put things in perspective!

3rd Strike Yun isnt even close to chun-li, so i already dont respect your knowledge in other games.
Umm... what? Yun and Chun are the Top 2 of 3S. Yun has no bad matchups, but Chun has better matchups than Yun against some people. If you're "disrespecting" my knowledge of 3S, then you're disrespecting the knowledge of the combined Competitive 3S players of the world, because that's what they think. Who are you, anyway?

Let's also look at the pros and cons to banning metaknight from most tournaments.
Pro - Matches will be more determined by skill and matchups will be more equal, in a sense that everyone is using a character that has some bad matchups, unlike meta who has none.
- The metagame will be saved due to no one can just pick metaknight when they are in a tight situation.
The word "skill" is thrown around a lot here. This is Competitive play. We don't ban things to maximize "skill".

If we're banning Meta to makes things more equal, then Snake and G&W have to go next. Meta has no bad matchups (except maybe Snake, according to some) but he's got a few even matchups. And many where his advantage isn't that huge. This is not reason enough to ban him. It just makes him a very good character, not "too" good.

The metagame won't be "saved". People will just go to the next best things, Snake and Game & Watch. If we ban those, then they'll just play High Tier. If you want to play Competitively, then play to win. If you want to play a character with a few uphill matchups, so be it.

But don't whine about it and then demand characters who are better be banned.

Cons - Metaknight players will have to learn a new character...meaning within a week they will be fine.
- I honestly dont see any cons to banning metaknight.
Because it would be Scrubby... and idiotic.

The fact that he has the most tournament wins isn't really the issue, I explained exactly what the issues were with MK in my first post on this thread.
I didn't read it. Because I skim threads like these with tons of spam, thus, I miss out on a lot of posts.

Generally speaking, broken beyond belief isn't the actual criteria, it's just an easily recognizable variation of "significant decrease in the diversity of viable characters". When something is broken beyond belief, the number of tournament-viable characters is reduced to 1. At that point, it's pretty easy to make the ban call, even when the meta-game is immature.

So, it should stand that lesser decreases in the diversity of viable characters can be banned, it just requires a significantly more mature metagame in order to be sure that the character actually makes a high enough number of characters not viable for tournament play. As of right now, MK almost definitely fits the the criteria NOW. But the question is, will he fit the criteria when the meta-game is mature?
Or not. He doesn't fit it yet. No, not even if things stay like this when the game matures.

I'll reiterate: This game is so imbalanced, if we want to ban characters for hindering diversity, then we have to ban everyone down to Mid. Because in Mid (and below), everyone counters everyone and it's anyone's guess.

Ban MK, then we have to ban the rest of Top and High.

Regardless, it doesn't help if people mischaracterize other people's arguments, which was really what I was commenting on in the post you quoted.
How do I micharacterize people's arguments?

It's kinda funny how there aren't any soft bans in America. MK is a prime candidate for a soft ban - beatable, but shuts down a large amount of the cast.
Snake, Game & Watch and NTSC Melee Sheik say "Hi".

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Um...that would be sarcasm. Or just failure to know what "broken" means in which case your explanation doesn't help him much.
I can ensure you that my statement was sarcasm. :laugh: To an extent anyway. I understand the meaning of broken, and I understand why one would say that MK is/might be broken. But as far as banning him, I'm still not sure if that's the way to go. He might be O.Sagat like, but even O.Sagat can be beaten.

However, that's obviously not the argument anymore. The question is whether or not he hurts the overall Metagame of Brawl, and he will if people are lazy and decide that they wanna take the easy way out and defeat MetaKnight with MetaKnight. But its a double edged sword. On one side, people who want to win will play as a character perceived as the best. On the other side, if everyone is playing as MetaKnight, the metagame for the other characters (especially the more unpopular, underused ones) will start to fail hard, if they're not failing already. Like in Melee, even with Marth, Fox, Falco, Shiek, etc. being winning *** characters, the metagame with the low-tier characters were developed. (correct me if I'm wrong though) If people don't develop the metagame for Brawl's mid- and low-tier characters, Brawl's metagame will be severely damage.

And that's the reason why I'm kinda on the fence with the banning MK issue. It's like, why should you walk when you can ride a bicycle? Okay, let's even the playing field by banning the bike. Obviously a poor analogy, but you get the idea.

Yuna said:
Snake, Game & Watch and NTSC Melee Sheik say "Hi".
Wait... Melee Shiek wasn't beast like that in the PAL version? (honestly asking, not sarcasm)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This topic leads absolutely nowhere...

Random newb A [insert name]: Meh...MK iZ t0O fr34KinG g0Od. W3 muSt b4n hIm !!!111oneoneone
Yuna: Some reasonable arguments
Random brawler dude A [insert name]: It's too early to say it (or some stuff like that)
Random newb B [insert name]: N0o!!!I c4N't b34T hiM. w3 mUst b4N h1M!!!111oneoneone
Random brawler dude B [insert name]: Get better then ! (or some stuff like that)
Yuna: The same reasonable arguments (nobody bothers to read...)

...and then it basically starts again

@Yuna

I'd just like to know, why you even bother to repeat your arguments over and over again? I mean no offence, but it seems to me like your wasting your time with these guys...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yuna and i are similar in that we think that if we logically explain things to people they will understand and convert. However, ill have to say a good 75-80% of people lack the ability to understand logic anyway so it's pretty much a worthless argument, hence why i'll post once or twice then give up. People are stupid and impossible to convert even with logic, look at religion.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
yuna and i are similar in that we think that if we logically explain things to people they will understand and convert. However, ill have to say a good 75-80% of people lack the ability to understand logic anyway so it's pretty much a worthless argument, hence why i'll post once or twice then give up. People are stupid and impossible to convert even with logic, look at religion.
Quoted for the truth. Amen

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
People really don't seem to understand just how good you have to be to get banned. To ban something it has to truly destroy the competetive scene of the game so that you have no other choice but to play that character or lose.

I'll go back to an earlier example. Does anyone play Advance Wars. Yeah, Colin is broken, you go to a tournament with 16 people and all 16 play Colin, he cannot possibly lose unless you completely suck at the game. So he got banned, quickly. Metaknight is not broken and not ban worthy. He's just good. Someone has to be the best and it just so happens to be him. Deal with it.

And honestly people have said that he is only getting better as time goes on, but I'm not so sure. For a while people thought that Snake was the only person with a decent matchup against him, but we now have a list of about 6 or 7 who have roughly an even matchup with him. So no one has an advantage, big deal. That just means you have to practice and learn the matchup.

I'll say it again, practice. The key to everything.

Doyoudigworms

Smash Cadet
I think the vast majority of people are missing the point. I think we can all agree after the community developed around SSBM, that SSBB is now considered every bit as competitive as SSBM. Despite some of it's major downfalls that have put a bitter taste in competitive players mouths ie. Tripping, no hit stun, & nerfing of the classic roster. I do believe many forget that we are dealing with a fighting game here, and we approach it from a competitive sense. No fighting game is truly balanced, so what players do is exploit. It's all based on Darwin's Survival of the fittest. Kill or be killed.

This is what divides players, is the fact that one character has a substantial amount of kill power, priority, and speed, then their own. It sucks, to put it bluntly. Where is the diversity? But the ideology is to adapt, or suffer the same fate as most.

No characters should ever be banned. If we are about to ban characters because they are good, we might as well hold the same mentality for the crappy characters. I can only imagine:

"Sorry, we can't allow you to be Samus..."

"Well why not? I'm good with her, and I have great spacing skills"

"We can't allow you to suffer the injustice of loosing against higher tiers"

Tiers exist in fighting games, regardless of what form they take. In Marvel vs. Capcom 2 you could set up many traps and infinities to win a match, but the player had to be skilled enough to do so. Not much different then Ice Climbers 0%-Death Chains.

The way I look at it, is keep playing the characters you love. If someone beats out that character, play someone else. After all it is only a video game.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait... Melee Shiek wasn't beast like that in the PAL version? (honestly asking, not sarcasm)
With DI, Upair doesn't kill Peach on FD 'til around 157%. Dthrow can't chaingrab anyone and at most, it'll lead to a dashattack (at lower percentages, the dashattack might lead into a Fair or another aerial).

In NTSC, her chaingrab shuts down a large number of characters.

I'd just like to know, why you even bother to repeat your arguments over and over again? I mean no offence, but it seems to me like your wasting your time with these guys...
Because if I can make even one person "convert" per thread, then I'll have done the world some good.

Wolfandike

Smash Apprentice
Heh

I hate meta with a passion and I want him banned but like panda said Its to early for all we know shiek who now is junk in brawl they might come up with a weird technique or somthing to make her the best for right now meta has the best metagames but we never know wut will happen

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You have the wrong interpretation of "a small margin".

Let's say I'm better than you at basketball by a small margin. I'm the best, you're 2nd best. We both enter 100 tournaments. I win 75 of those, each time by a small margin, you win 20 and 5 other people win the other 5.
Okay, I see what you mean. My mistake.

regorris

Smash Apprentice
There is no reason in discussing that hypothetical because it'll never actually happen.

And FYI, at the tournaments I attend, MK/Snake rarely ever win. Pikachu (Anther) is almost always first.
I find the fact that I'll never be able to beat Anther very liberating. No need to play a character I detest in order to delude my sense of pride into thinking that I can win.

I play for fun. I'm not going to play a character that I don't like for some scrub rule (ie: the ever-decreasing-in-value dollar is good).

Admit it, tourney goers, the vast majority of you pay the money for the privilege of having your *** handed to you by someone better than you.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Actually, I find MK a fun character to play. The primary reason I don't play him is for a foolish sence of scrub pride that I'm thinking about sacrificing. MK is fun to play as, not so much to play against.

Mmac

Smash Lord
It works as everyone. There's no such thing as a character who cannot Meteor Cancel.
I know how to meteor cancel, but I still don't know why I can't get it to work against Yoshi. I tried UpB Canceling, I tried the much riskier Jump canceling. Nothing worked.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Because if I can make even one person "convert" per thread, then I'll have done the world some good.
Do I count?

In all seriousness, I think this thread has pretty much answered every "noobish" response thrown at it, so all it could do now is continue to build up that frustration people get against MK.

Even if *****ing and moaning won't do any good.

RDK

Smash Hero
I think the vast majority of people are missing the point. I think we can all agree after the community developed around SSBM, that SSBB is now considered every bit as competitive as SSBM. Despite some of it's major downfalls that have put a bitter taste in competitive players mouths ie. Tripping, no hit stun, & nerfing of the classic roster. I do believe many forget that we are dealing with a fighting game here, and we approach it from a competitive sense. No fighting game is truly balanced, so what players do is exploit. It's all based on Darwin's Survival of the fittest. Kill or be killed.
You obviously don't know the meaning of "competitive". Looking through Scar's thread would do you a world of good.

The fact is that in Brawl, the person who deserves to win does not always win. With things like tripping (and, to a further extent, items), a whole new level of randomness is introduced, and randomness is an anathema to competition.

No characters should ever be banned. If we are about to ban characters because they are good, we might as well hold the same mentality for the crappy characters. I can only imagine:

"Sorry, we can't allow you to be Samus..."

"Well why not? I'm good with her, and I have great spacing skills"

"We can't allow you to suffer the injustice of loosing against higher tiers"
Banning characters should not "never be allowed", although it should be scarce and only used when no other options are available. MK doesn't really fit the bill. It hasn't come to "choose MK or lose".

The reason why most of you aren't getting the point is that it requires a small bit of experience and understanding when it comes to actual competitive fighting games. It's obvious some of you have none.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
That reminds me.

On the issue for tripping, now that ocarina has appeared, would it be acceptable to use the no tripping code?

ALso not only the no tripping code, but hard written hacks that could be implemented to help speed up gameplay. For example if there was a method of bringing back L canceling, would this be possibly accepted?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
That reminds me.

On the issue for tripping, now that ocarina has appeared, would it be acceptable to use the no tripping code?

ALso not only the no tripping code, but hard written hacks that could be implemented to help speed up gameplay. For example if there was a method of bringing back L canceling, would this be possibly accepted?
This has been covered. The large consensus (not universally accepted) among non-SBR elements was that no-tripping should be tolerated in tourneys. You'll be hard pressed, though, to find as many players willing to hack the game further in tournaments. Personally, I disagree with anything beyond tripping.

RDK

Smash Hero
Scrub, an otherwise inferior person in some what way. Most often refers to social standings.
I literally facepalmed.

That reminds me.

I probably wouldn't condone using hacks to fix a game's competitiveness (although that does reflect on the sorry pile of Mario Party-esque crap that we got stuck with). Also, it would be ridiculously hard to universalize, and I'm sure not all the Wiis and all the copies of Brawl used in tournaments will have this hack.

Edit: I just finished flipping through the parts of the thread that I missed since I last posted, and found it extremely funny that people actually called Yuna an egotist as an insult.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
That reminds me.

the no trip code could be accepted,but anything else is pushing it

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
That reminds me.

No!!!
Let's never speak of it ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom