• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ganondorf Tech: Ganon Super Jump/Flight of Ganon!!!

Tenki

Smash Hero
Things to do!!!

Okay so I tried this out with Falcon and it works!!! Same animation as Ganondorf's and everything.

But it only works from platform to platform and also it goes nowhere!!!
It goes about the height of his normal jump. I'll post a vid of it soon comparing them.
No.

I've done Falcon's from a [fullhop] > [delayed airdodge] (which confirms at least one thing: it IS ISJR!! - but is it airdodge-specific ISJR? still unknown :/)

Falcon's goes at his SHORTHOP height.. lol. Flight of Ganon > Wingless Falcon.

So, awesome things to do that I won't be able to test for a while:
1) Possible to do Flight of Ganon out of D-air/B-air/U-air/other aerial?
2) If 1 is possible, learn the ISJR timing from FoG and possibly do useful FoG chains. I have been able to do 3 Flights in a row via airdodge, but that's not very useful except for movement.

[edit]
Look what I found at the Falcon boards!
Optional Falcon Method (discovered it last night)

Full Hop > Rising Up Air > Second Jump + Uair > Uair > Jump+Down-B

It's REALLY useless and takes forever to setup.

But it allows you to do 4 uairs without touching the ground xD
Confirmation: ISJR positive!

So yeah, go learn the Ganon ISJR aerials, and you'll be able to do this in very... very useful ways :bee:

hyperstation

Smash Lord
No.

I've done Falcon's from a [fullhop] > [delayed airdodge] (which confirms at least one thing: it IS ISJR!! - but is it airdodge-specific ISJR? still unknown :/)

Falcon's goes at his SHORTHOP height.. lol. Flight of Ganon > Wingless Falcon.

So, awesome things to do that I won't be able to test for a while:
1) Possible to do Flight of Ganon out of D-air/B-air/U-air/other aerial?
2) If 1 is possible, learn the ISJR timing from FoG and possibly do useful FoG chains. I have been able to do 3 Flights in a row via airdodge, but that's not very useful except for movement.

[edit]
Look what I found at the Falcon boards!

Confirmation: ISJR positive!

So yeah, go learn the Ganon ISJR aerials, and you'll be able to do this in very... very useful ways :bee:
I REALLLLY appreciate your enthusiasm, but I already knew all of this, and I'm pretty sure most of the people who are testing this knew it as well. I am in no way trying to rain on your parade though, man. Trust me, I want to be doing it out of rising UAirs just as much as the next dude. It will happen.

You already covered it in your edit, but just in case somehow it's still not clear...this move REVOLVES around ISJR. Every single instance of FoG happens out of a recovered second jump (yes, even the wiz kick). I'm of the belief that when one jumps out of the roll out animation of ganon's wiz kick on the ground, it's actually an ISJR with a really easy buffer zone. Unlike, say, DJFJ Dair which is much more difficult due to the speed with which you're approaching the ground. The roll out animation holds you in the air for a long time and thus allows you a significantly larger buffer period in terms of frames.

Keep it up, Tenki. First one to get this to work out of a Dair which connects with an opponent wins so hard it's not even funny. I mean...can you f*cking imagine that...Dair at medium percents sending your opponent into the air while Ganon flies up behind him by like one body length for the aerial K.O. That's just disturbing. I mean...that's how freaking SONIC gets his kills!

Frown

poekmon
What are you thinking? You are just asking to be flamed.
Ganon can actually tech chase and combo. Don't blindly follow the tier list. It's outdated.

Remember, remember
the sixth of November
when Ganondorf mains found a trick they had missed

Remember, remember
the sixth of November
when the warlock moved eight spots on the tier list.
0_0
I think I love you.
Thank you, thank you.

:034:

Smash Hero
Four upairs without touching the ground certainly sounds sexy. And with FoG's height you can push out at least two... Then maybe another FoG...

Can you say 'epic mindgames'?

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I've pretty much gotten the ground version down, but the air version is still beyond my grasp. So many commands! :dizzy:

From what I can tell, it's tap x>x+L>downB+x

I can't get the timing right. Any suggestions on how it works, cause I'm lost.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I've pretty much gotten the ground version down, but the air version is still beyond my grasp. So many commands! :dizzy:

From what I can tell, it's tap x>x+L>downB+x

I can't get the timing right. Any suggestions on how it works, cause I'm lost.
Read my (somewhat exhaustive) post a few pages back. It's long and has lots of colors in it, so you can't miss it. For starters, use Z instead of L, and use Y instead of X. Z is better because it doesn't have the analog "squishiness" of the L button (less accurate), and Y is better because you can slide your thumb directly from Y to B while holding down on the control stick. Check out that post, and good luck.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to test it out later.

Wizkick cancel is definetely good for online matches. I've landed approximately 10 warlock punches from it and killed 1-2 people in the process. :chuckle: Dang I feel evil when I use this.

Is it official that November 6 is Jaump Day?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Changes to the thread:

- Title has been revised
- Fourth video has been added
- Credit has been given to hyperstation for his insightful post on page 6
- 'Excellence' has left the building (yayz)

Okay so I tried this out with Falcon and it works!!! Same animation as Ganondorf's and everything.

But it only works from platform to platform and also it goes nowhere!!!
It goes about the height of his normal jump. I'll post a vid of it soon comparing them.
White boys can't jump.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Read my (somewhat exhaustive) post a few pages back. It's long and has lots of colors in it, so you can't miss it. For starters, use Z instead of L, and use Y instead of X. Z is better because it doesn't have the analog "squishiness" of the L button (less accurate), and Y is better because you can slide your thumb directly from Y to B while holding down on the control stick. Check out that post, and good luck.
How can you slide your thumb from Y to B? They're 90 degrees of arc apart, with the fat A button between them.

No, sirs - set R to special. Yes. Yes, it works.

And I'll remember the sixth of November.
Oh, I'll remember it to the max.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
How can you slide your thumb from Y to B? They're 90 degrees of arc apart, with the fat A button between them.

No, sirs - set R to special. Yes. Yes, it works.

And I'll remember the sixth of November.
Oh, I'll remember it to the max.
I don't want to be using an inaccurate, squishy analog shoulder button for something which requires near perfect timing. I'm not going to tell you not to use the R button, but it seems silly to me.

I'll tell you how I do it. For those of you who want to know how I slide my thumb from Y to B...well...I just slide my thumb from Y to B. It's easy, and I even have really big hands. Those of you babies out there with dainty hands should be able to do this no sweat.

Smash Hero
I just claw it... Two fingers, one on Y and one on B. It's how I do TL's Double Arrow, the Quake and the aerial choke, and it's not letting me down so far.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
WOOT! I've done non-wizkick 11 times. It's pretty erratic for timing, I probably had around 100 failures of it. :laugh:

Still working.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol, I got the SH one about 10-20 mins after starting to screw around with the tech.

What's cooler is just learning it beyond the SH timing, and by the actual spacing from the ground. That way, you can like, be coming from a full hop, ledge hop, or even just being knocked up into the air, double jump before you land, and pewwwww fly into the air.

I was hoping someone would have at least gotten the aerial-ISJR version to work by now :[

Tenki

Smash Hero
Just remember the distance from the ground. That's the main issue of importance with the move if you're doing it from a DJ airdodge.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Alright...if anyone actually lands this in a real match on at least a slightly skilled opponent I will bow down to them.

It's a new badass edgeguarding tech. Just Murder Leap near the edge, then immediately do a Warlock punch and reverse it so you go off the stage with it, then UpB back to safety...yeeeaa. I know, I know, It's completely broken.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I've done wizkick method several times on Wi-fi and landed several warlock punches, killing around 10 players. :p

Of course, that was when they were distracted. :chuckle:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
>.> Was all you read "warlock punch?" Or did you read any of the other stuff?

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I'm not the best at using multiple techniques. I have little patience, so it's harder for me to master techs. Oh, and I love Taunt Parties. :chuckle:

Yeah, still working on it. Once I get everything down...:evil:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I don't want to be using an inaccurate, squishy analog shoulder button for something which requires near perfect timing. I'm not going to tell you not to use the R button, but it seems silly to me.
Yeah I was pissed at the L button initially too. I couldn't spot dodge or roll for weeks after I got the game.

But. . . it's just easy now to time a trigger depress along with a jump input. Like, I use it to do Fist Planting (wait. . . I've forgotten the name we gave this thing). It's almost the same as the B-stick version (nothing without B-stick can duplicate it exactly).

Neither can I imagine doing the Crazy *** Flying Murder Choke without it.

(while it's not one of the names I believed was Sliq's best, I still have enough awe for the idea that I use all of them, on principle ;))

I'll tell you how I do it. For those of you who want to know how I slide my thumb from Y to B...well...I just slide my thumb from Y to B. It's easy, and I even have really big hands. Those of you babies out there with dainty hands should be able to do this no sweat.
This just doesn't make sense!! I've got my controller in my hand right now. I can't slide my thumb from y to b. Where the heck are you holding the controller from?

If I reposition my thumb so that I can get Y, but B with the side of my thumb, then I can see a motion, but I'd lose my physical grip on the controller, and still hit A about 15% of the time.

Ah well.

What is meant by that 'baby' comment? It just seems out of place. Dainty hands = infantile? :confused:

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ganondorf has Flight of Ganon.
Falcon has Wingless Falcon. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203881

it bounces at his shorthop height >_>

My method of doing it was fullhop > delayed airdodge (timed to end/set up ISJR)> jump+down-B. He does the same "I'm doing downB- ...NOT!" flip and bounces up at shorthop height. Useful? Meh?

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Yeah I was pissed at the L button initially too. I couldn't spot dodge or roll for weeks after I got the game.

But. . . it's just easy now to time a trigger depress along with a jump input. Like, I use it to do Fist Planting (wait. . . I've forgotten the name we gave this thing). It's almost the same as the B-stick version (nothing without B-stick can duplicate it exactly).

Neither can I imagine doing the Crazy *** Flying Murder Choke without it.

(while it's not one of the names I believed was Sliq's best, I still have enough awe for the idea that I use all of them, on principle ;))

This just doesn't make sense!! I've got my controller in my hand right now. I can't slide my thumb from y to b. Where the heck are you holding the controller from?

If I reposition my thumb so that I can get Y, but B with the side of my thumb, then I can see a motion, but I'd lose my physical grip on the controller, and still hit A about 15% of the time.

Ah well.

What is meant by that 'baby' comment? It just seems out of place. Dainty hands = infantile? :confused:
Baby comment is not meant to be taken seriously. Don't read to far into it, as it won't get you anywhere.

Obviously, we just aren't using the same input technique, and that's fine. I'm sitting here telling you that all I do is slide my hand from Y to B, a technique that I know a lot of other people use for, example, aerial gerudo or quake. You're telling me that you use L or R, and that makes it easier. Apparently they both work, and that's good enough. I'll humor you by trying the R special technique sometime, and if I find it works as well as or better than what I do, I'll be sure to tell you. :lick:

Smash Hero
I've been trying to do full hop uair -> double jump airdodge -> superjump, and I managed it once. Then I tried full hop uair -> double jump uair -> superjump which.... Didn't go as well. It SHOULD be possible if you have the right height, but... It's hard to do without the airdodge. Insanely hard.

studly

Smash Ace
I just claw it... Two fingers, one on Y and one on B. It's how I do TL's Double Arrow, the Quake and the aerial choke, and it's not letting me down so far.
that what ive been doing

...so ive made it a point to go for this at least once a match or more ...
it seems to give ganon something to do......

also if i try the wizard kick cancel method and see them coming to punnish me io can buffer a diff move instead (f-tilt or down b)

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I've been trying to do full hop uair -> double jump airdodge -> superjump, and I managed it once. Then I tried full hop uair -> double jump uair -> superjump which.... Didn't go as well. It SHOULD be possible if you have the right height, but... It's hard to do without the airdodge. Insanely hard.
Indeed. I think the easiest (as if I can honestly call it easy...) way to do this with double UAirs would have to be using Tap Jump and A. This is because it's the fastest way to input a UAir and it will cause you to begin the UAir as early into the rising action of your DJ as possible. Congratulations on the UAir->DJ Airdodge->FoG. I think you may be the first. This is one of the two most intriguing possibilities of Fog (the other being the same except DAir instead of UAir). Keep it up, FD.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Whew... finally got the short hopped version down, though I had to set X to specials to make this work...

So far I have yet to actually manage to use it to do anything meaningful in a match, but it can be fun to use and watch your opponent go "uhhh... WTF?..."

Smash Hero
Indeed. I think the easiest (as if I can honestly call it easy...) way to do this with double UAirs would have to be using Tap Jump and A. This is because it's the fastest way to input a UAir and it will cause you to begin the UAir as early into the rising action of your DJ as possible. Congratulations on the UAir->DJ Airdodge->FoG. I think you may be the first. This is one of the two most intriguing possibilities of Fog (the other being the same except DAir instead of UAir). Keep it up, FD.
I've actually been having tap jump off as to not mess up the timing. To input rising aerials I always roll my thumb from Y to A, it works just as well.

The best part about FoG is that you can use it any time out of an airdodge if you still have your double jump. I think the easiest would be to learn the spacing by using various tools on the stage. You'll have to learn it for a lot of stages, but it'll be easier than getting the timing for EVERY possibility just right.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Well, if anything, you'll have to work with delayed aerials, instead of trying to find the 'right height' to do stuff.

The way I learned the timing to do a single jump Falcon Airdodge "jaump" (lol "Wingless Falcon") was:

[Fullhop]+[Airdodge] > [Spam jump and take note of the height Falcon can jump]*

*take note of this height.

Then I did another full hop, except this time, I started airdodge at that height*, while rising, and then I focused on buffering the [Jump]+[DownB] towards the landing.

You might want to try that "full hop adjustment" method with Ganon's aerials.

Top Bottom