• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ganondorf Tech: Ganon Super Jump/Flight of Ganon!!!

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I've been able to do it this way:

Ledgejump (jump button from edge) > wait until right height > DJAD > fly
Yep. This has been covered, just not this specific example of off the ledge. You can do the DJAD out of anything as long as you do it at the right height off the ground. Good work, nonetheless. The more testing, the better as far as I'm concerned.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I am happy to see the Ganons finding new methods for this and new uses to boot.
Don't forget about Battlefield. It has got to be the best stage for using this in a serious fight.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I saw the thread yesterday.
I still don't see the hype.
Whats the King doing all the way up there? Being in an awkward position?
It's fairly obvious. If any character could jump that high it would only serve to help their metagame. If you use it quickly, it can be a follow-up for an up-smash or used to chase characters that like to recover high and come down to attack.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I saw the thread yesterday.
I still don't see the hype.
Whats the King doing all the way up there? Being in an awkward position?
Stay on the ground with the rest of the nonbelievers. Some of us have work to do. I'm telling you...I'm gonna rep a flubber ganon by '09.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
The wizkick cancel is performed by either using Ganon's vB off of a platform, or rolling against the edge of a platform and using his vB. (I'm including stages as platforms here, since that's basically what they are). It it's performed correctly, instead of his usual vB ending animation, Ganon will roll in the air and either land with less lag or be able to jump and use aerials. The latter thing is what makes it key to the superjump.
No, the one that goes off the ledge doesn't spin. That's the point. It just. . . ends. You get jumps back and you're in the air.

EDIT: Sorry, misread that. But my point about names stands. The Wizkick effect of going off the stage is the one that should be called the cancel.

So I think we need different names for them. Only the one that goes off the edge is a 'cancel', so it should be the one named cancel. The other just makes Wizkick behave. . . differently.

We should have the name account for the fact that it works from platform to platform, too. In fact, I bet its behaviour from the edge of the stage is just a limiting case of the actual mechanic, which was programmed for platforms. It is a "glitch" insofar as its behaviour with using it from the edge was probably unknown, but the whole mechanic wasn't necessarily unintended; they just probably had no choice on how to deal with ending Wizkick on a platform.

THIS CAN BE DONE WITH FALCON! It is useless cuz it only goes the same height as his regular jump...haha
That's extremely interesting. Why would that be? The kicks work pretty much the same in the air. A pause, a set momentum, and a tumbling end.

So I was messing around with Metaknight and I found out that if you buffer it right, he goes flying just as high as Ganondorf.

just kidding
You almost killed me.

Anyway, this whole thread gave me a Ganongasm.

Can't wait to use it myself.

Frown

poekmon
Remember, remember
the sixth of November
when Ganondorf mains found a trick they had missed

Remember, remember
the sixth of November
when the warlock moved eight spots on the tier list.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I completely condone the use of the word "JAUMP" as an alternate to The Flight of Ganon (though I still prefer the latter). Also, what a beautiful poem...tears to my eyes and sh*t.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
So it didn't really click to me when I saw Dad posting "NEW!" along side the information regarding FJ>>DJ Flight.

...'Cause that's what I was practicing alongside the jumps off the platform on Smashville and the Wizkick Flight version. It would work, but I was finding it extremely difficult to do consistently without slowing the game speed down. Only now have I've just started Short-Hopping into DJ as supposed to a Full Jump....and with only a few good tries I can now do this with about 50% accuracy as supposed to the 5% previously. No wonder I've been having such a difficult time. =/

(Drat...had I'd known everyone was first practicing the SH variation, I could of gotten credit for discovering Full Jumps work too. >=( )

TP

Smash Master
The period of time between Brawl's release and November 6th should be known as the Dark Ages.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
No, Peachy, he'll still continue to suck miserably. It is a really nice thing to discover, though.
What are you thinking? You are just asking to be flamed.
Ganon can actually tech chase and combo. Don't blindly follow the tier list. It's outdated.

Remember, remember
the sixth of November
when Ganondorf mains found a trick they had missed

Remember, remember
the sixth of November
when the warlock moved eight spots on the tier list.
0_0
I think I love you.

Excellence

Smash Champion
So does everyone else who saw this. :p

Two things:

1. He does not suck
2. This adds to his abilities to edgeguard or evade iminent death from the ground
I'd like you to give me a list of Ganondorf safe options of approach and KO.

Leave mah board, boi.

*Views the noob overflow*

*Goes to set up the cannon*
Hope that this doesn't end up like Pit's arrow loops which is so useless it's depressing.

I'll play you. :evil:
What are you thinking? You are just asking to be flamed.
Ganon can actually tech chase and combo. Don't blindly follow the tier list. It's outdated.

0_0
I think I love you.
A lot of better characters can tech chase. Aside from his Dair at 0%, I don't think he's coming anything because of his high damage and high knockback. It's your opponents fault if they get combo'd because Ganondorf is so slow and easily read AS he's attacking.

I'm not blindly following anything. I'm telling you the facts. Why do you think Ganondorf does not win tournaments?

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I'd like you to give me a list of Ganondorf safe options of approach and KO.
He doesn't have a safe way of approaching, but that's Ganon is much better sitting back and Thunderstorming everything you do. And nobody, but NOBODY, has a safe way of KO'ing that isn't gimping.

Hope that this doesn't end up like Pit's arrow loops which is so useless it's depressing.
I never quite understood why that was supposed to be so good. Ooh, I fired a bunch of arrows that will disappear if somebody hits me while my arrows are convienently high in the sky.

A lot of better characters can tech chase. Aside from his Dair at 0%, I don't think he's coming anything because of his high damage and high knockback. It's your opponents fault if they get combo'd because Ganondorf is so slow and easily read AS he's attacking.
If your example holds true, then the person who got hit is always to blame for not immediately reading exactly what the opponent's going to do and then dodging or blocking. It's infeasible.

I'm not blindly following anything. I'm telling you the facts. Why do you think Ganondorf does not win tournaments?
Because he's not MK, DDD, R.O.B., Snake, Falco, G&W, or any of those insanely overpowered characters.

M15t3R E

Smash Master

Why do you choose to come to a character board and bash that character? That sounds... foolish to put it mildly.
I don't think you have much Ganondorf experience. You should know that he doesn't get his kills by going all out aggressive. But he can punish well.
Oh, and only MK and the top tiers seem to win tournaments anyway.
Now, this is supposed to be a friendly thread that inspires joy among this community.
So now, kindly, GTFO.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Leave mah board, boi.

*Views the noob overflow*

*Goes to set up the cannon*
*hides*

Who needs a cannon when you have GANON? ;)
lol

He doesn't have a safe way of approaching, but that's Ganon is much better sitting back and Thunderstorming everything you do. And nobody, but NOBODY, has a safe way of KO'ing that isn't gimping.

I never quite understood why that was supposed to be so good. Ooh, I fired a bunch of arrows that will disappear if somebody hits me while my arrows are convienently high in the sky.

If your example holds true, then the person who got hit is always to blame for not immediately reading exactly what the opponent's going to do and then dodging or blocking. It's infeasible.

Because he's not MK, DDD, R.O.B., Snake, Falco, G&W, or any of those insanely overpowered characters.
*applauso*

Excellence

Smash Champion

If you plan on thunderstorming anything I do, please tell me how you plan to deal with a projectile or is that going to ruin you before the match even starts? I'd like to put out that Olimar's Pivot Grab, Marth's tipped Fair, and Lucario's FSmash are all safe methods of KO.

It is feasible. Like at what you said, it's all base on what the player does to defend themselves. If you put me in a situation where you can tech chase, then I will assume that is what you are going to do and take the steps necessary to avoid it.

Please explain why other characters who aren't in, "Redudant to Use Competitively" tier have tournament wins.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I can't help but notice that you quoted my challenge and failed to respond. Also...stop posting flame posts which are so wildly off topic in a freaking TECH thread that it warrants a report to mods.

If you want to talk about why Ganon is good or bad then talk about it in a Match-up thread. You know, those threads that are about match-ups between characters and how certain techniques, attacks, approaches, and defenses are good while others are bad? Oh, wait, you haven't heard of those? Well, let me tell you all about them, SON. You see, you go into a thread which is about, for instance, the match-up between Olimar and Ganondorf. You might find it in the Olimar boards, and it might be titled something like "Match-up discussion #3: Ganondorf" When you go in there, you'd say something like: "hey d00ds! he'z bad cuz da pikminz got a pivot grab duh!" and then we'd retort and then when the dust settles, we have a fairly accurate account of the match-up. Did you get all that? So could you stop posting things of this nature in a thread which is so specifically defined as the exploration of a new technique by the freaking TITLE of the thread? Thanks.

P.S. When you do finally find your way into the correct location for the type of discussion you're trying to pursue here, I highly suggest you don't start with something like "no he sucks." See, that use of language lacks this little nuance of communication called "intelligence". I'll see you when Ganon's character discussion get's around to Olimar.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
I can't help but notice that you quoted my challenge and failed to respond. Also...stop posting flame posts which are so wildly off topic in a freaking TECH thread that it warrants a report to mods.

If you want to talk about why Ganon is good or bad then talk about it in a Match-up thread. You know, those threads that are about match-ups between characters and how certain techniques, attacks, approaches, and defenses are good while others are bad? Oh, wait, you haven't heard of those? Well, let me tell you all about them, SON. You see, you go into a thread which is about, for instance, the match-up between Olimar and Ganondorf. You might find it in the Olimar boards, and it might be titled something like "Match-up discussion #3: Ganondorf" When you go in there, you'd say something like: "hey d00ds! he'z bad cuz da pikminz got a pivot grab duh!" and then we'd retort and then when the dust settles, we have a fairly accurate account of the match-up. Did you get all that? So could you stop posting things of this nature in a thread which is so specifically defined as the exploration of a new technique by the freaking TITLE of the thread? Thanks.

P.S. When you do finally find your way into the correct location for the type of discussion you're trying to pursue here, I highly suggest you don't start with something like "no he sucks." See, that use of language lacks this little nuance of communication called "intelligence". I'll see you when Ganon's character discussion get's around to Olimar.
Well said

10 :ganondorf:s

TP

Smash Master

That was the text version of Bouncing>Usmash>Flight>Dair>Warlock.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
:evil: we shouldn't let them.
I dunno. Isn't Ganon in need of people to main him?

Then again, we could sort of give them a sort of assignment to test their abilities. :demon: Yes, that's what we should do.

:demon::demon::demon:

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I dunno. Isn't Ganon in need of people to main him?

Then again, we could sort of give them a sort of assignment to test their abilities. :demon: Yes, that's what we should do.

:demon::demon::demon:
I would love if more people main him, or at least take him seriously. The Ganon boards are one of the more incestuous boards on SWF, and his metagame is suffering for it.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I tried this a couple days ago, and I got pretty good at the wizard kick version. Oddly I did it best when I held the controller a bit differently and used X to jump. I suppose if I were to use it in a real match my opponent would be far enough away to give me time to shift my hands >_> I couldn't get the airdodging version at all though.

HolySerpent

Smash Rookie
Okay so I tried this out with Falcon and it works!!! Same animation as Ganondorf's and everything.

But it only works from platform to platform and also it goes nowhere!!!
It goes about the height of his normal jump. I'll post a vid of it soon comparing them.

Top Bottom