• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Board Revolution (AKA NEW CHATROOM!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hey Havokk, you didn't stay very long at the Peach boards :(

Lvl 1 :064: 491
My data was overlooked after I put so much time into it.

The Peach mains must truly not believe me, I feel like coding something in a lesser-then-Brawl-complex program, and prove things can be truly random.

Especially truly random based off of 3 variables, with a check on "if x == Pan, y !=Pan"

But nope, they're set on "omfg it haz a patterns"

So they don't need me, reminds me of the Link boards. Every bit of data (that normally is useful to know or have) is overlooked.

Also why I stay on the Snake boards, they like... worship my data.

1 :mewtwo: 443

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We have Steak, what do Peach boards have?

Answer that question and you'll know why we're a pretty good cult.

:090:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Meh don't mind that Havokk. It'd be interesting if F Smash did have a pattern though

And Kinzer, we have full on civil wars at the Peach boards quite frequently. Beat that

Lvl 1 :064 :490
Fail.

Also the only reason I stay at the boards, is either everyones friendly (Sonic), or people care about the stuff I do for their character (Snake).

Whereas Link boards, I 'found' the grab release on Wario, but its situational. HIGHLY situational. Almost impractical. But its there and no one seems to care.
Same with BACL (which is VERY PRACTICAL, and I do it MULTIPLE TIMES offline and online, but to them "its impractical")
Same with RAR'd zair edgeguarding, it can be better then hugging in some instances (predicting a 'sweetspot the ledge' recovery.) But to them "its useless"
Same with tapping and double tapping. (RAR'd zair, drop down, zair, drop down zair = double tap, and it leaves you at almost the maximum lowest distance to be tethered to the edge. An addition to RAR'd zair edgeguarding, but brushed off as "completely useless"

I could go into a days long rant over it, but I'll stop here.

1 :mewtwo: 441

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Lol not like we don't not get along here another, some people don't get along with Chis, X5, or CiTH/Boxob for that matter.

We have everything the Peach boards have and better... except maybe training bras. :p

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Lol not like we don't not get along here another, some people don't get along with Chis, X5, or CiTH/Boxob for that matter.

We have everything the Peach boards have and better... except maybe training bras. :p

lol wut?

:071:

Boxob.

Smash Lord
The only people who don't get along with me on here are those who need to be 100% serious all the time.

No one really hates anyone here, except maybe Tenki to X580.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
How could I forget Memphis and Tumby, like really?

Tumby hates Steak, and Memphis hates everybody.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate

???

Care to clear this up?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So I thought I could grab your attention, and get more False SBR failure...

Here's Infzy, just posting his own business, we all know he's a smart guy and all that jazz, anyway...

Well, some would argue it hasn't been working all that well. I wouldn't, but w/e, just sayin'.

OK so this is what it would be nice to see: some sort of commitment from the SBR that if they're going to be an exclusive group that should be the voice of the intelligent, respected core of the smash community, then they have an obligation to post detailed explanations of the decisions they reach. Lately, I think it's these explanations that have been very lacking. If a stage is supposedly ban-worthy, describe the strategies that make it so, and give us the arguments that were used for and against from some of the people who voted either way. Similarly for discussions about other tournament rules, changes around SWF and SBR membership, etc. I don't care about tier lists, they may cause more harm than good, so I won't go there.

Maybe with the recent "pruning" of the SBR, there might be some kind of revised mandate to this effect? I don't want to be pushy, I know it's a lot of work for them and we're all doing this for free and fun and la la la. Just hoping for a bit more openness, if we are to respect the decisions of a closed back room. I know that in my area there's been a lot of negative opinion of the SBR from our good smash players, and it's hard for me to defend the SBR when I can't see their arguments, or even if they're diligent.
Seems filled with credibility, I could see where he's coming from, right? Well guess what, the SBR has been purged, and apparently they missed one...

I just want to point out that March 08 here thinks the SBR hasn't been working, even though it's been around since before my time. Honestly there wasn't much if any anti-SBR mentalities floating around till Brawl's release.

As far as stage bans go, if you want more details why not try talking to an SBR member? It's not like the info you want is inaccessible. More than likely somebody had to do a write up and didn't want to go into a million details, or was busy with life or something. We are people too you know, and it takes a LOT of time to compile all of the opinions on each stage and present them in a logical manor.
Take a good look at the bolded/italisized part of the quote... I don't care what he did or how long he's been doing it, he had come out of nowhere and just bashed Infzy and no matter who he is has no right to do so, what's even more infuriating is that he didn't make an attempt to counter Infzy's post, but rather ridicule it just because "he's an 08er."

Infzy even clearly stated that the SBR were just a select group of the most intelligent players putting away time of their lives to get this through, and this jerk just goes out and makes Infzy look stupid. All Infzy did was just make a harmless suggestion, and he has to act like this.

God ****it we're not all ********, some of us actually know what we're talking about when it comes to Brawl, and the release of Brawl only invited more variety of people onto Smashboards. Look at Mmac who is a Smash Researcher... take a good peek at his join date and tell me that is not impressive with a straight face.

Now it's the SBR's job to at least keep things moving, not make up excuses for themselves. We know **** well that they are human beings with lives, but we don't need to be reminded of that, and we have a right as followers of their system to be informed of some things and be able to keep a log on their actions so we know things are getting done!

Save this quote for "SBR elitist fail moments" because when you just thought they couldn't get anymore lame after "Weekly Character Discussion: Sonic", they manage to come up with stuff like this in more threads.

Thoughts?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Anyone who judges someone by their join date is an idiot, end of story. I don't give a **** about join dates. You joined in 2003? 2007? You were a Melee expert? I couldn't care less. This is Brawl we talk about. Melee knowledge and join date are worthless to a certain extent because when you get down to it, Brawl is nothing like Melee. I'm sure they were complete noobs to begin with

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
**** right I have your back Infzy, nobody messes with mah homebois like that.

In this case, that's the smart 08er who plays Sonic.

GofG

Smash Champion
It's funny because lol barlw. 08ers are dumb because they play it, not because they don't understand it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Forget you two, I invited him over because he more or less didn't pole-jock Mookie because he was a SBR member as well, otherwise he probably does have nothing of major importance to him to be over here.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I'm not attacking him btw. Just to point out. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude :/

People also forget Brawl's trump card - Online. I love Smash Bros but with Melee, I never got to play other people apart from a select few

With Brawl, whilst the conditions are less than ideal, I get to fight a whole host of people. Which is why I play Brawl and not Melee

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
After reading what Gofg said in that above thread, he basically echoed my sentiments exactly.

The thing is, these moderators are pretty awful at times. It's weird because Mookie Rah's usually an alright guy. Judging people off their join dates is completely ***goted though, I thought we'd got over that stage ages ago. They usually attack people when they suggest things and don't even say that it's even being run badly, which to be honest it is.

Lol.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
*Hmph* right, I'm just in it for the fun/community/Sonic. Hell, if Sonic weren't in Brawl, I would probably be nerding it up with three level 80 characters in rare gear on World of Warcraft. Nobody else has the speed to somewhat defy Brawl physics and still be a challenge to play than Sonic (MK sucks because EVERYBODY uses him... :/).

Couldn't/can't play Melee because I didn't know any friends who were good at it, and I joined in too late to even matter.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
I'm not attacking him btw. Just to point out. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude :/

People also forget Brawl's trump card - Online. I love Smash Bros but with Melee, I never got to play other people apart from a select few

With Brawl, whilst the conditions are less than ideal, I get to fight a whole host of people. Which is why I play Brawl and not Melee
This ^^^

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Throwing a bone to the Pokeyman fanboys who would rather feel like they were actually IN the game, rather than just sticking to Pikachu/Lucario/Jigglypuff.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
SSB is all a big advertisement.

I did this wall of text explaining why. I'll find it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
The sad thing is I had an early '07 account, and I was into the competitive Melee scene. I never posted tho and forgot the password, but I been trolling swf for ages.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Go back to your Barlw boardz, n00b! (oh wait... >.>)

But no seriously, this is why you don't make stupid asumptions about people like that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No, Barlw sux, I'm comparing it to Melee lolol because Melee is faster and requires moar muscle memory/tech skitiles.

It's fun to pretend to be a stereotypical Meleef@g.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom