• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
So it's like you're completing SirKibble's triforce of gaming with this moveset. :laugh:

I look forward to it. Have never played Chrono Trigger, but have spoiled myself to its story over the years, like FFVI. :dizzy:
Lol. Yeah, something like that.

As far as Chrono Trigger goes, all I can do is recommend it. Of course, I'd do that to anyone, anytime, anywhere. I just loved everything about the game so much. :chuckle:

lol I R Fail @ butterfly kirby.

Although I must confess, I briefly enjoyed a mental scene in which Kirby brutalizes a harmless butterfly in passing for absolutely no reason.
:laugh:

Yeah....X-Strike would just be a different-looking Critical Hit, anyways.

I'm gonna stop making suggestions now.
Lol, I'm sure I could make it a more unique move, but I really don't like the concept. I mean, that would get really weird having Frog be able to use X-Strike without Crono, especially if we had a Crono moveset in the same contest. :dizzy:

I wanna see Gemini Man, Kibble! I WANNA SEE! Oh well, that'll show up eventually, too. I can wait.
Thisthisthisthis.
Ah, but now I have already started Frog. I will plan on Gemini Man being next! :bee:

Astro Boy
Not bad for a first entry. Amidst all the craziness of MYM, sometimes it's refreshing to see a moveset that would actually belong in Smash. :)

One thing I'd definitely suggest, though, is finding a way to organize that so it's not so much a wall of plain white text. Some color or underlining or something.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah, somehow I missed Astro Boy on the last page. Don't know how, there was a huge picture....

Good job WolfCypher! Astro Boy's moveset is very practical and seems to be true to the character (I don't know much about him except from what I know from watching a few dubbed episodes on TV). Like SirKibble said though, people might find it more fun to read if you organized it a little better (separate different categories of attacks, maybe use some bold print or color here and there to emphasize important things). I like it though!

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
could you possibly review my Zexion and Marluxia movesets, please, SirKibble?
Click on the link in Kibbles sig which says "The stadium", from there go onto the "Sandbag reviews" and post your character and link to the moveset from there!

TatL news: The "Tolerance in the limit" link in my sig now has "Who've been introduced" section now!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I already have 3 movesets planned, 1 for now and 2 for MYM5! But I dunno which will I do after Pokey.

Axel Steel, Dr. Mario and Palkia/Dialga. Which should I do next?
Axel Steel, but you should do Axel Stone from Streets of Rage first :laugh:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Thanks SirKibble and FlyingF for the comments!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
could you possibly review my Zexion and Marluxia movesets, please, SirKibble?
Click on the link in Kibbles sig which says "The stadium", from there go onto the "Sandbag reviews" and post your character and link to the moveset from there!
What Frogman said. We're trying to keep things a little more official this time around, so no requests for reviews will be honored unless they're made at the Stadium.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
gosh....when more than one person actually tell me to do possible moveset ideas i throw around, I seriously think about doing them...

and FFVI did split the conventional Hero vs. Villain (i.e. Cecil vs. Golbez) into a Villain vs. Two Equal Heroes.

Celes and Terra/Tina both have personal reasons to take Kefka down and Terra/Tina is your starter in the regular world and Celes is your starter in World of Ruin.

But all Terra/Tina has going for her that can apply directly into Brawl is an easy-to-transfer Transformation Final Smash (Esper Mode). I mean, it would be a lot more interesting to make an Edgar moveset because of all his tools, or Cyan's SwordTech's.

Maybe I should make a GoGo moveset, and just throw in the most interesting of the FFVI cast's special skills.......

While I ponder on this, I'll get started on Cecil's moveset because it makes more sense right off the bat.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Celes and Terra/Tina both have personal reasons to take Kefka down and Terra/Tina is your starter in the regular world and Celes is your starter in World of Ruin.
I think practically every character has their reason for taking Kefka down, not only Terra and Celes.
Edgar for burning Figaro.
Cyan for killing the inhabitant of Doma.
Only the 3 hidden characters and Shadow probably have no real motive.

But all Terra/Tina has going for her that can apply directly into Brawl is an easy-to-transfer Transformation Final Smash (Esper Mode). I mean, it would be a lot more interesting to make an Edgar moveset because of all his tools, or Cyan's SwordTech's.
Hell yes, Edgar moveset. <3

Maybe I should make a GoGo moveset, and just throw in the most interesting of the FFVI cast's special skills.......
Albeit being a great idea... But Gogo is my Assist Trophy for Kefka! I did already write him out, I just didn't paste him to his moveset! ;-;

While I ponder on this, I'll get started on Cecil's moveset because it makes more sense right off the bat.
But don't post it until MYM5, then, because I want to submit Golbez there, not here. :ohwell:

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
alright, I'll hold Cecil off.

Good points, but Tina and Celes are still your starter gals.

Edgar would probably be pretty easy to do a moveset on, but I had a brief flash of inspiration on how to incorporate all 8 SwdTechs into a Cyan moveset. GoGo has no personality other than living inside of a Zone Eater and possibly being Adelai Stevenson, but the fact of the matter is that he COULD use SwdTech, Runic, Tools, and, I dunno, Blitz?

I should just wait until MYM 5 and post nothing but all of the FFVI cast (my favorite game of the series btw), Cecil, and Edward, the Spoony Bard as a jokeset.

Then I can get someone to make me those accursed BB tag things or whatever you people call them so everyone knows I'm a freak. A very dedicated freak.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Another preview.

Down B - Music Potion
A potion appears in front of Bubblun. Touch it, and you get the Music Potion. For five seconds, you fire bubbles faster, and half f them are special super Music Bubbles. Popping music bubbles makes a musical note appear, which follows one of the opponents. When it hits them, they receive eighteen damage and high knockback. However, there is lag when yo eat the potion and after five seconds you can't use it for another twenty seconds. The music notes travel quickly and are quite deadly, and break shields. However, their speed is also a downfall. Dodging will make them pass right through you and fly off the blast zones. They are quite deadly to bosses, and can be used to quickly drain their health. Blow a music into a huge pile of bubbles for a huge army of music bubbles. Pop them.

?????

Profit.

Music bubbles, like all special bubbles, can't trap opponents in them, but unlike the other special bubbles, can not be popped by the opponent. The opponent can hit it off the screen, but not pop it. Only use these when you really need them, because you never know when you'll really need them.

@kitsuneko345: Uhh, thanks, but no. Spadefox is right, bad idea. Maybe MYM, err, 9.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Ah, my noble group of inprimulent beings.

Electroplankton is going well but it'll take some time...

And I've decided to do a Mario enemy after that. One bigger than Bowser. One with red and white panties....

Also Baloo I'm really liking all of your movesets. All so colorful and cute. I think you can pray to somehow be good enough to challenge me but don't get your hopes up. LOL jk jk.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Dual Techs...

I'm probably going to incorporate them into Ayla's Standard B move...

Anyone have any ideas how? lol.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
After some thought (not a lot of it, mind you) I realized that I have neither the motivation nor the creativity to be able to make movesets for all of the FFVI heroes.

Impractical: Strago, Relm, Gau (I guess his whole Rage/Leap might be useful, but I don't even want to think about his regular attacks), Umaro (more like an Assist Trophy to me), Setzer.

Uninspired: Sabin (too easy, nothing much to it), Shadow (he can throw things and has a dog and some bad dreams, and that's it), Locke (great personality, can steal people's clothes, but I have yet to find a way to incorporate the latter as a move or mechanic).

As for the rest of them, I already have what I think is a good idea for Cyan's SwdTechs, but I can't think of any interesting normal attacks for him. Edgar and his Tools will be pretty cool, and his Final Smash would totally involve Figaro Castle burrowing up from the ground. Tina I have problems with, but only because there's so much to work with. Celes is a little more specific, but I also have reservations about Normal moves.

Instead of worrying about that, I should make a PT-style character made up of the temporarily controllable characters of FFVI: Phantom Train Ghost, Banon, and GENERAL LEO.

lolz.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
The only FF I know about is 7, so I can't help you there.

And even then, I got bored of trying to make Zack.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Locke (great personality, can steal people's clothes, but I have yet to find a way to incorporate the latter as a move or mechanic).

Instead of worrying about that, I should make a PT-style character made up of the temporarily controllable characters of FFVI: Phantom Train Ghost, Banon, and GENERAL LEO.

lolz.
Those two ideas are my favourites, and the clothes change could work- imagine Cloud from FFVII in the Dress :laugh:. I suppose it could be like Kirby's copy ability, except instead of getting a hat, you get a piece of their clothing, and access to one of their specials.

And the second idea seems more interesting than doing the more prominent characters.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Update on Bubblun: There are now eleven Kirby hats for Bubblun. And I guess another preview:

D Smash
- Liquid Kid
A portal appears in front of Bubblun, and out comes Hipopo. His ball of water slowly charges up to full size. When released, he jumps up and throws the bubbles down, releasing a big wave of water. This can do three to twenty damage, but takes extremely long to charge. He can't be attacked either, so he doesn't stay on the stage. The wave has high knockback, high range, and low lag.

However, there is a glitch that keeps him on the stage. Inhaling or bubbling him makes him freeze. See, he is, like Waddle Doos, and Bubble Bobble enemies, and item, albeit an invincible one. So, the game has no idea what to do if it is inhaled or bubbled, so it just stays, doing absolutely nothing except getting in your way, until the match is over.

Yeah, that's something no one has done before. Glitches? I haven't seen them in other movesets.

I might do a Hipopo moveset, but no promises.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Wow... Boy am I late for this one! Anyway, here's a move set I've been working on for a while now. It's not completely done, but it's pretty close, I only have a few more moves and I have a pretty good idea of what most of them will be. So, here's...

CHALLENGER APPROACHING!
Snake with nothing but a box

Solid Snake is already in the game, but this time it’s a little different. He’s lost all of his equipment, except for his box. Looks like he’ll have to improvise…

Obviously some things haven’t changed, but every attack, taunt, victory pose, and defeat pose is different, along with most stats and a few other miscellaneous things.

~Wii Remote Sound~
The sound of a cardboard box hitting the floor/ground.

~Alternate Colors~
Snake with nothing but a box stays the same color, but the trim on his box changes. The colors available are…

Red (Default/Red Team)
Blue (Blue Team)
Green (Green Team)
White
Black

~Appearance~
SmashWiki said:
Solid Snake himself wears a teal colored bandanna. It's Naked Snake, AKA Big Boss, who wore the dark green bandanna that Snake is seen wearing in Brawl. However, the Bandanna item in Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2 (which gives Snake infinite ammo) is also dark green. They might have let Snake wear that bandanna to explain why he has infinite ammo during battle.
Because Snake with nothing but a box has no weapons, he wears the traditional teal colored bandanna. Everything else is the same, except for the
H&K .45 caliber pistol that Snake carries in a leg holster but never uses in Brawl, which is missing along with the rest of his equipment.

~Fighting Stance~
The same as Snake’s, except that when he crouches, he gets under his box.

~Stats~
Size: The same as Snake.

Power: You’d think that with nothing but a box Snake would be pretty weak, but he’s a crafty one…
Walk Speed: Slightly better than Snake.
Dash Speed: Slightly better than Snake.
Range: Surprisingly decent.
Weight: Slightly less than Snake.
Jump 1: Slightly better than Snake.
Jump 2: Slightly better than Snake.
Air Mobility: The same as Snake.
Fall Speed: Slightly slower than Snake.
Lag: A lot less than Snake.
Traction: The same as Snake.

Wall-Jump: No
Wall-cling: No
Crawl: Yes (He crawls around in his box, hidden.)
Tether: No
Glide: No

~Entrance~
Snake is already on the stage under his box, he crawls out from under it to begin the fight.

~Symbol~

--Attacks--

~Neutral~
A: A punch with his left hand, 3%, flinch.

AA: A punch with his right hand, 3%, flinch.

AAA: He slams the box over their head (open-side down), 4%, no knock back but it does make them fall. Similar to a trip except they don’t stay down as long. This still leaves them open for attack provided it doesn’t have much starting lag, thus good for setting up combos.

Dash: As Snake runs forward, he lays the box on the ground (open-side facing him) and pushes it forward. On the way down, the box causes 3% damage and flinch. When being pushed, it causes 6% damage and low knock back.

~Tilts~
Up A: Snake does a quick uppercut, 6% damage and low (but not terrible) knock back even at high percentages, so good for setting up combos.

Side A: Snake punches forward in an overhead arc downwards, much like Ganondorf's forward aerial. Average knock back, 8% damage.

Down A: Snake is already under his box (it's his crouch/crawl animation), he throws it behind him. Flinch, 6% damage. It can also break a Smash Ball with one hit.

~Smashes~
Up A: Snake holds his box in an underarm arc, gripping through the eye hole (open-side up).

Uncharged - Snake tosses the box into the air, and the box rotates, acting very similar to the flipper item in Melee before eventually landing. Below average knock back and 12% damage. It covers about the same vertical distance as Regular Snakes fully charged Up Smash.

Charged - Snake tosses the box into the air, flipping once or twice, knocking opponents upward at different angles on it's way up, but only causing flinch on the way down. Decent knock back and 17% damage. It covers about twice the vertical distance of Regular Snakes fully charged Mortar (Up Smash).

Side A: Snake tosses the box out to his side like a Frisbee, then it disappears when it lands on the ground or hits someone.

Uncharged - The box spins a few times before it starts to fall. Covers about half of Final Destination, 15% damage, less than average knock back.

Charged -The box spins at least 5 times before hitting the ground and covers 3/4 of Final Destination before it falls. 19% damage an slightly above average knock back.

Down A: Snake holds his box diagonally towards the ground (open-side up).

Uncharged - Snake does a full 360 spin, with an opportunity to hit enemies on both sides once. Average knock back, 14% damage.
Charged - Snake does a full 720 spin, with an opportunity to hit enemies on both sides twice. Above average knock back, 18% damage.

~Special Moves~
Up B: Snake uses his box as a parachute. He falls a little slower than Mr. Game & Watch when he uses his parachute at the end of his Up B. It doesn’t do any damage, or raise his altitude, but it does slow his fall to give you more time to plan your next aerial attack. It also increases his air mobility, so while it’s not a great recovery, it can still be used to your advantage.

Side B: Snake punches with his right hand, and follows with a kick with his left leg. The punch does 7% damage, and the kick does 10%. At under 15%, the punch causes a flinch, and the kick has low knock back. Above 15%, the punch does low knock back, enough to keep your kick from connecting. With no start up lag this move is good for racking up a little damage at the beginning of the match, perhaps after doing an Up-tilt.

Down B: Snake slams his box on the ground (open-side down) and traps anyone who gets caught under it for a maximum of 5 seconds, or a minimum of 3 if your opponent mashes buttons fast enough. You have to hold down the B button for it to work, otherwise Snake will lift the box up after about 1 second. Every second that someone is trapped, Snake kicks the box, doing 2% damage each time. If you manage to keep them trapped for the full 5 seconds, snake will lift the box and kick much harder, doing 13% damage and great knock back. If your opponent mashes buttons fast enough to break out, Snake takes 3% damage gets knocked down. That’s why it’s necessary pay attention to your opponent, and if they going to crazy on the buttons, pull the box up to avoid punishment. If the attack is pulled off without a hitch, it can KO at as little as 30%

If Snake catches Yoshi with this attack, he says "Hmm, maybe I should capture one and see what they taste like..."

Neutral B: Snake crouches and holds the box with both arms (open-side away from him) using it to catch projectiles ad thrown items. Unlike Mr. Game & Watches Bucket, he can’t use it to reverse an attack, but he can catch 10 projectiles before it explodes and paralyses him for 5 whole seconds.

~Aerials~
Nair: Snake does a roundhouse kick, keeping opponents at bay with average knock back and 7% damage.

Fair: Snake kicks straight forward, like Ganondorf's "Wizard's Foot" on the ground, only in mid-air, and without dark energy. Snake and his surrounding area are a hitbox, but his foot is a sweet-spot. If his foot hits, it causes average knock back and 8% damage. Anywhere else does low knock back and 4% damage.

Bair: Snake holds the box behind his head (open-side up) and does a back flip. If Snake hits someone, it does no damage and flinch. If the box hits them, it does strong knock back and 11% damage. If the corner of the box hits them, it does a meteor smash.

Uair: In an attempt to make up for his Up B not being a recovery move, Snake knee's upward and launches himself into the air. Like Captain Falcon's Knee, except in another direction, and with no electricity. Less than average upward knock back, and only 8-12% damage, but works well as a recovery.

Dair: Snake sits down in the box (Open-side up) using his body weight to attack anyone he lands on. If the player you hit is on the ground, whichever side of the box you land on (provided you hit anyone) is the direction they’re knocked upward. If they’re in the air, they aren‘t knocked in any particular direction. If you manage to land dead center it’s a meteor smash. Either way, the knock back is above average on account of how heavy snake it. Snake falls fast in this move, almost as fast as King Dedede at the end of his Up B, and mobility during it is low. It does an impressive 35% damage.

~Grabs/Throws~
Z (L/R+A): Snake gets behind his opponent and wraps his arms around the box (open-side down), then uses the box to grab a hold of them and restrain them.

Grab Attack: Snake squeezes really hard, 4% damage.

Up Throw: Snake flips the box over and tosses it into the air with them still in it. It goes about as high as you'd expect, and does 10% damage when they hit the ground.

Back Throw: Snake turns around really fast and lifts the box, causing his opponent to fall on there face. Not much distance, only 3% damage, but they stay down a decent amount of time, so pretty good for setting up slower attacks.

Forwards Throw: Snake seals up the box with Duct Tape, then chucks it forward. The box goes a little less far than a normal crate being thrown, and does 7% damage when it hits the ground. If Snake throws it off the stage, it only stays closed for about 5 seconds if his opponent doesn't do anything. If they mash buttons fast enough, it only stays closed for 3.

Down Throw: Snake puts his box on the ground like in his Down B, then Body Slams it! A stunning 14% damage, a slight amount of lag, mostly Snake getting up. The box disappears, yet Snake magically still has it. Opponents only stay down a little bit though, so watch your back.

~Other~
Ledge Attack: Snake lifts one leg high enough to lay on the ground and sweep it across, the stand up using that leg for leverage. 2% damage, minimal knock back.

Floor Attack: Snake kicks up into the air and lands on them. Minimal knock back and 3% damage.

~Final Smash~
Boxageddon (as apposed to Armageddon)

Snake’s box becomes gigantic and covers the entire stage, with the players still under it. People can still be KO’ed if they’re knocked through the eye-hole, which is more likely than you’d think since everything is bigger, but still not very likely. While under the giganto-box, Snake’s attacks are 1.5x stronger. The box shrinks back to normal size after 20 seconds.

For the record, Snake carries more than one box in most games in the series. The same applies here, so when using his Final Smash, the next selectable color of box replaces the one he’s using.

~Taunts~
Up: Throws the box into the air, twirls around, and catches it before putting it away. (Just imagine Mario’s
Side-Taunt, except with Snake, and a box instead of a hat.)

Side: Lays the box down in front of him, open-side down, and sits on it for approx. one second before standing back up.
Down: Lays the box down next to him and stands on it, then throws his arms into the air.

How does the box support his weight? You have no time to ponder such questions, it just broke.

~Victory Theme~
The same as Snake‘s.

~Victory Poses~
Snake dances around and raises the roof with the box in hand.

Snake pulls out a boombox out and lays it down, then flattens his box on the ground and starts break dancing.
Snake kicks the box like a football before he realizes it's gone and starts to cry.

~Defeat Pose~
Snake sighs, “I should have just looked for my stuff…”

Unlocking Requirements
Play 15 matches in VS Mode on Shadow Moses Island as Snake.

Have Snake with nothing but a box to join your party in The Subspace Emissary. (To do this, you must beat The Subspace Emissary once, then go back to the Battleship Halberd Interior and find a hidden door. Upon entering the door, you must fight Snake with nothing but a box on Shadow Moses Island with the side-walls permanently destroyed.)

~Unlock Message~
“When all else fails, the box will prevail. Use Snake’s box to clear a path to victory!”

~Ending Credits Theme (After Classic and All-Star Mode)~
The Best Is Yet To Come

~Kirby Hat~
The same as Snake’s, though the bandanna change still applies.

~Codec Conversation~
Snake: Colonel, what am I doing here?

Colonel: What do you mean, Snake? You’ve already been briefed on the mission.
Snake: No, I’m over there, on the other side of the stage.
Colonel: Snake, we’ve been over this before…
Snake: But this is different! That guy had all my moves, this guy only uses my box.
Colonel: …
Snake: Never mind…
<\\End Transmission//>

Role in The Subspace Emissary
Snake with nothing but a box only appears in Adventure Mode after it’s been beaten once, like Toon Link, Wolf, and Jigglypuff.

Stages

Shadow Moses Island with the side-walls permanently destroyed

I trust that we’re all familiar with Shadow Moses Island. However, when you hold down the L button as you select the stage, the destructible side-walls on either side of the stage are gone, permanently. Well, until you start a match without holding the L button, anyway.

Of course, none of that is true in the real game, but in an alternate universe…

Assist Trophies

Otacon with nothing but optical camouflage

With nothing but his optical camouflage, he just uses it disappear into the background. Nobody knows when he disappears, it will forever remain a mystery…

Unlocking Requirements
Unlock Snake with nothing but a box.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
2 Things about Marluxia:

1. I added an unlock Message.

2. How do you like his theme song?

Also, just now, at 6:32 PM (CST) on January 5, 2009, I have just posted my first blog. It is a SSE featuring Org. 13 as the main characters---mainly vexen, tho. As stated in the blog, I start school tomorrow, and I have finals the week after, so be patient. I will have Vexen's along with the other members' movesets posted. again, BE PATIENT!!!!!!!

Smady

Smash Master
You really need to be more detailed with your movesets. Look at some of the movesets - such as the one linked by the picture in my signature - to get an idea of the level of detail you must go into.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Noone's gonna execute you if you use the pills as Neutral Special, cause they were awesome.

For the rest of the moveset, though, try to find something unique. Dr. Mario has not much things he can pull from games, so it'll be quite a challenge. Good luck.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Don't worry, this isn't a Bubblun preview.

I'm looking forward to Dr. Mario, I'd like to see how you make it different from the original. Are you doing it before or after pokey?

Random thingy: I listen to music from the game that my moveset is from while writing the moveset. It helps me capture the feel of the game, making the moveset seem more in character. Is that weird?

Yes.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Random thingy: I listen to music from the game that my moveset is from while writing the moveset. It helps me capture the feel of the game, making the moveset seem more in character. Is that weird?

Yes.
Well, I do it too, if that makes you feel any better. :bee:

And I think I'm gonna do Estelle from ToV instead of Little Red Riding Hood. All of the attacks I thought of for LRRH were too generic, and I've got some cool ideas for Estelle.

Also, can someone please link to me the guide for making character buttons? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom