• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Snake with nothing but a box

~Unlock Message~
“When all else fails, the box will prevail. Use Snake’s box to clear a path to victory!”

~Codec Conversation~
Snake: Colonel, what am I doing here?
Colonel: What do you mean, Snake? You’ve already been briefed on the mission.
Snake: No, I’m over there, on the other side of the stage.
Colonel: Snake, we’ve been over this before…
Snake: But this is different! That guy had all my moves, this guy only uses my box.
Colonel: …
Snake: Never mind…
<\\End Transmission//>

Stages
Shadow Moses Island with the side-walls permanently destroyed

Assist Trophies
Otacon with nothing but optical camouflage

With nothing but his optical camouflage, he just uses it disappear into the background. Nobody knows when he disappears, it will forever remain a mystery…

Unlocking Requirements
Unlock Snake with nothing but a box.​
I lol'd so effing hard at these.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Box Snake and Marluxia are win.

I NEED A NEW PAGE. =D

EDIT: YAY I GET TO DOUBLE POST

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Looks like I'll have to work more on Yeager now.

I was planning on playing through the game again to help me think about his moves.

I shall not be bested Tanoooookieeee.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
It seems okay so far, but a little short.

Will you be using MYM movesets, or just focusing on the Kingdom Hearts series?

For example, will Demyx be sat with his Sitar, or will Demyx be sat eating a Wispa?

Akiak

Smash Ace
LOL Kholdstare that video was....yep, you guessed it, EPIC.

Spore ROCKS!!!

Its been some time since a decent moveset hasn't it?

Who did Black Doom? Haven't read it yet...

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
All of this Tales of Vesperia talk is making me want to try my hand a Gauche and Droite (Go-shh and dwot, for those who aren't familiar enough with French). I really loved the whole Leviathan's Claw guild, and those characters stood out (as well as Yeager, but he's taken). Unfortunately, I'm backed up with a painting I have to get done and resuming my AP Calc class, so we'll see how much time I get.

Also, Kholdstare: Epic vid. That is all.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Next MYM, I'm not gonna focus so much on my SM. It's becoming a bit overwhelming to include this insane roster. And why the hell are most people calling them BBQs now? What's on the Stadium is the current official name.

Either that or the roster's gonna be much smaller. AT LEAST I'm toning the max down to 100.
I recommend you just tone down the roster and perhaps take one/two representatives per moveset creator, be it by either your own judgment of quality or of their own requests. A good adventure needs protagonists it can identify with as much as it does a few favoured characters.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Eh, not counting the Brawl characters, this one has 100. So maybe next time just selectively include Brawl characters that fit in with MYM franchises.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Tolerance at the Limit - Chapter 2, Part 1: A murder in the coming:

Has been posted in the social group/The link in my sig (Tolerance at the Limit) has been updated with the new part

People who are included:

Spadefox
Lenus Altair
Sonic the Baron
Darkserenade
Smashbromike
Goldwyvern
MasterWarlord
people like me... :( to compare me to smashbrosmike, i am very insulted. ive taken advice, tried to stay on topic, and worked hard on my movesets. unless you are just kidding :bee: but that would be lying because spayd doesn't like me :(

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
All of this Tales of Vesperia talk is making me want to try my hand a Gauche and Droite (Go-shh and dwot, for those who aren't familiar enough with French). I really loved the whole Leviathan's Claw guild, and those characters stood out (as well as Yeager, but he's taken). Unfortunately, I'm backed up with a painting I have to get done and resuming my AP Calc class, so we'll see how much time I get.

Gauche and Droite are pretty cool, they could be like the less grabby Ice Climbers.

Sorry for taking Yeager though.

On a side note, it's difficult to find images of Yeager x.x

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
LOL Kholdstare that video was....yep, you guessed it, EPIC.

Spore ROCKS!!!

Its been some time since a decent moveset hasn't it?

Who did Black Doom? Haven't read it yet...
:D

:D

I should get to work on my secret project and some movesets.

Fufufufufu...

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
BIG THE CAT

I put a good bit of time into this moveset, and I think it's really good, better then the K. Rool one in that there's less comparison to Bowser and more original overall. While this character obviously isn't as deserving, it wouldn't be considered a NEGATIVE thing if he joined the Brawl, unlike some of the more recent posted characters. As in, I could see him in by, say, SSB15 or so? As a small note, his belt is green, as that's how his appearance is for the majority of Sonic Adventure. Anyway, on with the moveset, enjoy.

Stats
Screen Name: Big
Size: Same size as the other big heavies, of all of them, probably closest to Dedede.
Weight: 7/10 - Lighter then Bowser, Dedede and company, but not by much.
Walking Speed: 5/10 - Big can walk perfectly fine, but you'll rarely do this over running.
Running Speed: 3/10 - Big's barely any faster then when he's running.
Power: 7/10 - His power is comparable to DK, being below that of Bowser, Dedede and the others.
First Jump: 5/10 - His jump is average, comparable to Dedede's first jump.
Second Jump: 6/10 Big has surprisingly decent jumps for a heavy character.
Hover: No
Fall Speed: 3/10 - Big is strangely a rather floaty character, having an exceptional air game somewhat in the vein of Wario.
Crouch: Yes.
Crawl: No.
Wall Jump: No.
Wall Cling: No
Gliding: No.

Basic Animations:

Basic pose: If left alone too long doing nothing, Big will rub his hands on his tummy, it growling slightly.
Walking: Walks, casually, one arm at his side and the other up holding his fishing pole.
Running: Starts swinging his arm back and forth, the same walking animation from Sonic Adventure.
Dashing: Brings his other arm down and moves both arms back and forth quickly, his legs moving faster.
Crouching: Sits down, holding his rod with both arms in a fishing pose.
Jump 1: Leaps up off the ground with both feet, then puts his legs at his sides.
Jump 2: Spins around in mid-air as he goes higher, like Wario's second jump.
Shield: Blocks face with fishing pole and other arm not holding fishing pole.

Basic Attacks:

A: A simple whack of his rod fishing rod, doing 5-6%.

AA: Froggy hops out from behind big then quickly leaps forward and whacks tail at any enemy in front of big, doing 4-5%, then lands on Big's head again. Goes back behind big if AAA not used shortly after this attack.

AAA: Froggy sticks out his tounge and swirls it around in a circular motion, the graphic effect looking somewhat like Pit's side B. Each hit from the rapidly swirling tounge does 3%.

Ftilt: Big headbutts the enemy, does 7% damage.

Utilt: Lets out a single punch upwards with hand not holding fishing rod, doing 11% damage though being rather laggy.

Dtilt: Being in the fishing pose from crouching, Big casts the line from his rod forward, Froggy being on the end of it. If Froggy hits the enemy, does 11-12%, if the line hits them, does 3%. Decent amount of ending lag as Big reels Froggy back in.

Dashing Attack: Identical to King Dedede's, Big comically trips forward, there being a decent amount of starting and ending lag.

Smash Attacks:

Fsmash: Big lifts both his hands up behind his head as he charges, then slams them down in front of him. The main hitbox for the attack is where and when he slams down his fists, doing good knockback and dealing 21% damage uncharged, being slightly faster but weaker then Dedede's fsmash. If you don't get hit by the meat of his hands or get hit by his hands as they're above him swinging down, you'll get minimal knockback and 5% damage.

Usmash: Froggy hops out from behind Big, jumping on top of his head as Big charges the smash attack. Upon having finished charging, Froggy will extend out his tounge to attack enemies directly upward, dealing 14% damage. The longer you charge the smash, the further Froggy's tounge extends out, not dealing more damage, like Snake's usmash.

Dmash: Big first stomps to the left, then the right, then leaps up slightly and lands on the enemy with his rear end, a multi hit attack. The first two stomps have set knockback, pushing the enemy into the next part of the attack, both doing 6-7% uncharged while the slam down with on his buttocks does 12-12% uncharged and having impressive knockback. The stomps come out decently quickly, but the finishing butt slam has a large amount of lag, being hard to catch enemies in without hitting them with one of the stomps.

Aerial Attacks:

Nair: Big turns to face the camera and Froggy emerges from the fur in his chest, sticking out his tounge and swirling it around in a circular motion, there being multiple hits of the attack. If hit by every last hit in the attack, does 17% damage.

Fair: Big puffs out his chest and leans forward, the hitbox being his tummy, dealing 10% damage, the hitbox being his tummy. One of Big's faster attacks, being a good approach move.

Bair: Big wags his tail behind him while Froggy hops from behind Big onto his head, sticking his tounge out and covering the upper half behind Big. The tounge is multiple hits, and the hits will have set knockback that pushes the target down into Big's tail, which has higher knockback. The tounge does 3% per hit while the tail has decent knockback and does 14% damage.

Uair: Big the cat does a single stab upwards with his fishing rod. Does 5% and minimal knockback if you hit with the blunt of it, but 16% and good knockback if you hit with the tip.

Dair: The blue buffon takes out a rock from who knows where and throws it downwards. The actual act of taking out the rock and throwing it is rather laggy, but once Big does so the rock drops straight down with great haste. The rock spikes and does 21% damage.

Specials:

B - Crazy Casting: The bulky cat lifts up arms above himself and casts his rod upwards, then starts spinning the rod around in a fashion to cause the line to spin around himself, there being a big rock at the end of it to hit people with, it having high priority. If you're directly above Big when he first uses this move, you'll take 7% from being stabbed by the pole. If hit by the rock, you'll be dealt 19% damage. The longer you hold down B, the faster Big will spin the rock around himself with the fishing pole, making it easier and easier to hit with, but if you hold it down too long Big will end up entangling himself with the line comically, the rock coming up and smacking him in the face, being extremely vulnerable and dealing 8% damage to him.

B side - Frantic Froggy: This move functions very vaguely like Ike's side special, meaning you hold down the button to charge the move, then release for Big to charge forward. However, what causes Big to charge forward is that Froggy hops forward and away from Big (The longer you charge the farther Froggy does so), and Big comically rushes after him to save him, shouting "FROGGY!". While charging the move, you can angle Froggy to face up or down, who will have hopped up on Big's shoulder. Once you release the button, Froggy will hop in the direction he's facing. You can't hold the maximum charge like Ike's side special, and if you hit someone you'll continue running to Froggy past them, whereas Ike stops as he hits the target. If Big hits someone in the way of where he's charging, it does 15% and decent knockback. This can be used as a recovery, if you're off the stage and angle Froggy diagonally upwards, he can hop onto the stage, after which Big will defy logic and run to him. If froggy hits someone as he's hopping, he'll deal a minimal 4% damage with little to no knockback.

B up - Reel in: Big casts his fishing rod upwards, the line coming out from his fishing pole quickly. If hit by the rod, you'll be dealt 8% damage, while you'll barely flinch if hit by the line for 2%. The line can be used as a tether recovery, Big reeling himself in after grabbing the ledge with the line. While one would think big is vulnerable to edge hogging due to his up B being a tether, he has decent jumps and he can use his B Side and to a lesser extent to his B down to recover, so he surprisingly has an above average recovery.

B down - Body Slam: Big extends out his arms and legs, then quickly plummets to the ground, dealing 16% damage with good knockback. At first glance, this may appear to be just like Bowser and Yoshi's down special, but Big bounces off the ground considerably after using the move, getting him in position to possibly do it again. If Big hits an actual enemy with the attack, he'll bounce off the enemy before hitting the ground. This move spikes, and can be used to further help Big's recovery with the bounce he gets off his enemies. Overall, a great multi purpose move.

Grabs and throws:

Grab: Big grabs the enemy with one hand, the animation resembling Dedede's, Froggy hopping up from behind Big onto his head after he successfully grabs an enemy.

Grab attack: Froggy attacks the enemy with his tounge, stabbing them in their eyes (Or the general area where their eyes would be in the case of some characters), doing 1-2% damage.

Fthrow: Froggy hops on the enemy and whacks them with his tail, doing 3-4% damage, then Big whacks them away with his fishing pole for 5-6% damage.

Bthrow: Big throws the enemy behind him for 6-7% damage, Froggy sticking his tounge out to hit them shortly after he does for another 3-4% damage.

Uthrow: Big holds the enemy above him, then Froggy wraps his tounge around them, dealing 2-3% damage, then tosses them upwards, doing 8-9% damage.

Dthrow: The crazy cat tosses the enemy down, dealing 4-5% damage, then Froggy quickly hops behind Big and sticks his tounge out at him, causing him to fall forward onto the enemy and deal another 7-8% damage.

Final Smash - Tidal Wave:
The screen zooms in on Big as he starts the final smash and he lets out a stupid laugh. Big proceeds to let out an insane leap off the top of the screen, and a tidal wave starts coming forth from the background. Big is seen riding the top of it with his life preserver belt, safe from harm. The overall graphic effect looks like the lava coming in from norfair, but with water instead of lava. The water lasts long enough on the playing field that it can't be dodged like the lava in norfair, though, making the final smash completely unavoidable. The tidal wave deals 40% damage and does knockback that would match Bowser's sweetspotted fully charged fsmash. After the tidal wave passes, Big falls down from the top of the screen to where he was and lets out another stupid laugh, becoming vulnerable again.

Taunts:

Up Taunt: Froggy hops up on top of Big's head and Big looks around questioningly in a fashion like Wario does when he can't find his bike, stupidly saying "Where's Froggy?", then shrugs as Froggy hops back behind Big and out of view.

Side Taunt: Big does a belly drum and laughs stupidly.

Down Taunt: Big lays down on his back and relaxes, starting to fall asleep, but Froggy comes out from behind Big and jumps on his tummy to awaken him from dozing off.

Entrance: Big falls down onto the stage comically, landing on his rear end. Big then proceeds to get up and rub his buttocks in pain.

Results Screen Poses:

Win 1: Froggy is in Big's hands, happily licking him in the face, Big chuckling.

Win 2: Big does his crazy dance animation from when he clears a level in Sonic Adventure.

Win 3: Big is snoozing, fast asleep, Froggy hopping on his tummy trying to wake him up.

Lose: The fat cat shakes his head back and forth sadly.

Alternate colors:

Default - Blue team
Blue fur is green, white fur is orange, belt is blue, froggy is red - Green team
Blue fur is red, white fur is yellow, belt is purple, froggy is blue - Red team
Default costume, except his life preserver belt now comically looks like a rubber ducky.
Blue fur is black, belt is white, froggy is white
Blue fur is purple, white fur is red, belt is teal, froggy is teal

Kirby hat: Kirby gets Big's head on top of his head in a fashion like the Yoshi Kirby hat. Big's standard special doesn't have nearly as much range when used by Kirby due to him being so much smaller. If the move backfires and hits Kirby, from keeping B held down too long, he'll lose his copy power as he gets smacked by the rock.

Codec Conversation:

Snake: Who's that dumb fat cat?
Otacon: Oh, him? That's Big.
Snake: You don't have to tell me what I already know, Otacon. . .
Otacon: Not what I meant, that's his name, Big. Anyway, he's really strong and he has a pet frog that'll cause problems for you with it's tounge.
Snake: . . .A frog?
Otacon: Yes, a frog. You shouldn't be questioning it, Snake, you're a reptile too! (Laughs)
Snake: . . .Stick to the lab, Otacon. . .

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
That was great Warlord, especially mission 71 (I think it was that, but not sure), as it seems to be inspired by Rampage, and I liked that game when I was younger.

Whilst it wasn't as epic as your last chapter, the quality of writing is still the same- and tricking people into picking up those trophies is so sly :p

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Jimnymebob - I expected YOU to know better. D:

Anyway, as far as I know are comments on Story Modes to be posted exclusively in the respective story's thread.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hell, yeah a new chapter!

With the crackers part and Iago, you are genius. You guessed one of his main moves that I had for him and included it. Major props.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom