• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pink Shinobi is one of the best peaches in the world

Cia

das kwl
LOL, if something ever happened to my ignore list, I would probably just avoid using smashboards altogether.

Fun Fact: Teczero has the most legendary ignore list on smashboards. 3 months ago, I counted over 60 names. and the list has grown significantly since then :laugh:

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I think it was something like that, actually. I'd love to go to more tournaments than I've been able, really, but between school, work, and now not having a car, I don't find those odds to be too promising. There are so many people better than me, though, and I'm sure if I played Wife he'd have beaten me. He probably still can now, honestly. ^_^;

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
God.. this armada stuff again??

maybe I should start playing people who don't DI dash attack so I can get that same recognition D:
I don't understand how people can think that armada doesn't play good people. Who do you think he is? Are you stupid?
he isn't even close to being the best peach
No, he really is. I don't mind if you people think that loads of other peaches are better, but saying that Armada isn't on that level is just not true.

And noone had in here had mentioned Armada before me. :|
I have a hard time understanding how you can get annoyed with "71252735" europeans that post about armada when there's only guy that mentioned him so far. >.> (You... DO realize that almost no european smashers post on smashboards at all, right?)
How the hell can you be annoyed with me mentioning Armada? Try being the guy who gets his youtube combo vids spammed by americans saying america is better at smash before you complain about being annoyed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnQ89h9cLoI&fmt=18)

This "european smashers deserve no recognition" attitude needs to die ASAP. The fact that me mentioning someone who isn't from the US starts this flame-war is just ridicioulus.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Armada DOES play against good smashers but he isn't nearly on the same level as US's best Peach players. /FACT.

Unless Armada comes to the states and proves us wrong, we are not gonna change our minds about him. In fact, Armada should come to the states for Genesis. Then we can see how good your precious prodigy is.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Armada DOES play against good smashers but he isn't nearly on the same level as US's best Peach players. /FACT.
How the hell can you know that?
Unless Armada comes to the states and proves us wrong, we are not gonna change our minds about him. In fact, Armada should come to the states for Genesis. Then we can see how good your precious prodigy is.
The thing I don't understand is that why your initial mindset is that he can't compare to US smashers. Since he hasn't played any US smashers yet, there's nothing to back it up. How can something that can't be backed up be a "fact"? It's just assumptions and speculations.

I really hope US and Europe get to play each other soon. :) btw, US smashers are just as obligated to come here ;).

Cia

das kwl
umm, I never said the people he plays aren't good but merely pointed out a serious flaw in their playstyle. and he gets soo much credit for ****** Europe's/ Asia's? top Foxes. so I see like one or two of these videos and these foxes are not only CCing Dsmashes, but they're actually approaching. LOL

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but this "Armada is the Best" rhetoric is starting to get reeeeeal old. (and it's been said a lot in a similar thread to this, so it's not the first time)

also, you asked "Are you Stupid?"

Answer: No

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Oh, I should have realized that Americans DI dash attacks perfectly everytime, even if it is the initial hit in a combo that interrupted whatever the other player was doing. My bad.

I also should have realized that America players never makes silly mistakes, and that they can never beat a Peach without camping. So foxes that don't camp suck against peach! Again, my bad.

Honestly though, the people that he ***** are really, really good. There is no reasonable way to deny that. "Pink Shinobi sucks since he just ***** people in the US!"=your type of logic. Fantastic.
I guess your only hope to deny that is that ALL of europe and the top names in japan ALL SUCK. Yhea, that's really legit. :laugh:

"Armada is the best" has barely been said at all anywhere from what I've seen. I'd like to see threads/vids/anything where it's been spammed to half the degree that the comments on that youtube vid have. Or even said more then twice. :| Links please.
Also, why the hell is it taboo to say that Armada is the best? Why isn't it taboo/controversial to say something like Mike G/Cort/Xif/Xelic/Pink Shinobi/Vidjo/whatever is the best?
And don't say "because he isn't on the same level", because he is. You just need to look at his tournament placings and the people he's beaten.
Although it probably won't say much to you, since you're to ignorant to know anything about the smash scene outside the US. :) (I don't mind you lacking that knowledge though... as long as you don't criticize PAL smashers.)

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Dude... the level of play here in the States is much greater than any other place around the globe. That is why Armada is NOT the best Peach. The reason why people say Vidjo/Cort is the best is because they can compete with the best here in the US. US > Europe. Logic wins.

Clearly, you're not that good of a player if you think otherwise. The reason I say this is because if you were good, you'd be able to notice the difference in the level of play in the US and Europe when you watch current videos of US smashers.

Seriously, you're making it seem like we've never seen Armada play. WE HAVE. That is why we say the things we say. They are not just random accusations and assumptions.

And don't get me wrong. HE'S GOOD. Just not nearly on the same level as some of the Peach's here in the US.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
You really have no way of knowing that US->Europe @ smash. I'm not saying the opposite, but I'll say this:
The "gap" between the level of play of the best players in Europe and the best players in the US is nowhere near as big as you think.

Thinking you're the best is one thing (I expect nothing less from Americans) but saying that he's "not nearly on the level as some of the Peach's here in the US." is flat-out not true. Not to mention disrespectful and arrogant.

Cia

das kwl
I definitely did not say that fox needs to camp to win. however, if Fox is getting multi-stocked by a Peach, he's clearly doing something wrong and should instinctively know to start camping. if they don't, then YES I can just say US smashers > European smashers.

and once again, I never said that he wasn't good, but until he actually proves that he can fight against people that actually know what they're against peach <_<
-----------------------------------

P.S. I'm ending this now because frankly.. I do not care. any useless responses to this will literally go unseen

:D

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I definitely did not say that fox needs to camp to win. however, if Fox is getting multi-stocked by a Peach, he's clearly doing something wrong and should instinctively know to start camping. if they don't, then YES I can just say US smashers > European smashers.
So... you're trying to say that europe such at smash b/c armada multi-stocked some fox?
Do you realize how stupid that is? So if I go to youtube and find a vid of Cort ****** some noob, would that mean that Cort sucks? :| Off course not, that's ********. And you must also realize how stupid it is to think that those are the only type of players that he plays, I shouldn't have to explain why.
It's not like there's foxes that go even with him and beat him from time to time. Nah, those don't exist. Let's somehow let a random fox that he multi-stocked represent his skill!
and once again, I never said that I wasn't good, but until he actually proves that he can fight against people that actually know what they're against peach <_<
Wait.... So you're saying that none of the top foxes in all of europe know how to fight peach?...
...wow...
Didn't you try deny being stupid a few posts back? :laugh:

Eggm

Smash Hero
You really have no way of knowing that US->Europe @ smash. I'm not saying the opposite, but I'll say this:
The "gap" between the level of play of the best players in Europe and the best players in the US is nowhere near as big as you think.
Maybe it isn't, but those gaps at the highest levels are the hardest to overcome. Not only that, but our peaches have been beating the people who are better than the guys in your area consistently for years AND they do it to foxes with stronger up airs and up smashes sheiks who can combo off down throw and falcos who can spike with the end of their dairs. As far as I know all the top tiers got nerfed in PAL and peach was unchanged. So the character advantage is higher and our players are better.

Europes getting beast tho I enjoyed watching your guys new vids I even left a comment on one of the matches " If europe gets any better US needs to watch out." I believe it was on a calle W match his falco is awesome. :)

Oh and after reading this thread I beat the 2nd best active peach in the world with falco. ****. For the record I think falco vs peach is fairly even. DSW just sucks vs peach one of his few bad matchups. IC's also are awful vs peach, but I think that chu normally switches to pikachu vs peach and cort always had trouble with it, but eventually overcame it and won a set. Anyways both of those wins are far more notable than anything pink shinobi has done.

Pink shinobi is mad cool tho I think I was one of the first to regonize his skills on the east coast watching the vids. Even before he beat SS and came close to beating magno. But he simply hasn't proven himself out of state yet, that simple. I think as a whole norcal does suck vs pecah lol. Understandable tho cause there aren't many peaches there. Md/va back when they were super active holding c3's for melee I did better than I should have there with falco cause they all sucked vs falco and there were none there. It happens even in the most beast reigons (md/va was the best back then.)

I'd also like to say that you guys don't play nearly gay enough in cali cept for mango. And it shows in your videos and makes them look much more exciting and overhypes you guys I think. At gensis you will see how much gayer (better) the east coast plays and the vids won't be nearly as exciting and I think a lot of the east coast is gonna place the highest.

Edit : Can't believe I read this whole thread. >.>

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
LOL you HAVEN'T seen Mango play gay.

But it's true... save for a handful of smashers who would be able to compete, EC is going to **** Genesis lol.

Thinking you're the best is one thing (I expect nothing less from Americans) but saying that he's "not nearly on the level as some of the Peach's here in the US." is flat-out not true. Not to mention disrespectful and arrogant.
No, the gap IS as big as I think.

Nothing I've said is disrespectful. I've only stated facts. At this point, it's obvious that you're an Armada fanboy who can't understand that Armada is not as good as US's best Peach players. That doesn't mean Armada isn't good, it just means he's not at the level of Vidjo, Cort, PC, Xelic etc. (they play at a very VERY high level).

You just can't accept the fact that the best product Sweden (or Europe) has produced is only 2nd rate. Armada isn't even as good as Japans best Peach, Mikael (who has retired... correct me if I'm wrong).

Like I said, let Armada come to the States and prove us wrong.

I'm through with this. Seriously, arguing with fanboys is just a waste of time.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I'm the fanboy? :laugh: You're the one who arrogantly denies that Europe's best might just be on level with the best in the US. If I was a fanboy I'd go around saying europe->US omfg rapee!! Sort of like you do with your "europe isnt on the level of US" BS.
But I don't, I just try to get people to stop with this "europe deserve no recognition" attitude.

There is no evidence or any stable arguments that can support the "fact" that US is SO much better that you think.
Notice how I didn't even say that Europe is better. I'm SUCH a fanboy.

Having the opinion that Armada is the best Peach is just as legit as having the opinion that Mike G/Cort/Xif/Xelic/Pink Shinobi/Vidjo etc have the best peach. It doesn't necessarily make me a fanboy. Or maybe it does since I'm from the same area, but that'd also make everyone else rooting for the people in the same area as them fanboys, making basically everyone fanboys... >.>
A fanboy would be someone who denies the skills of others to make what they root for look better.... whos been doing that in this thread? hmmm...

I'm pretty **** sure Mikeal and Armada have never played each other. IDK where you got that from, AFAIK Mikeal basically quit before Armada started playing.

But hey, I'm probably a fanboy since I don't agree with you. People who don't agree with you must all be ignorant fanboys since you're always right! They must also suck since they cant see how right you are.
But hey, you're "through with this", right? Just like Vanz you'll back off as soon as you get cornered, who conveniently enough cut off the argument when I asked him for links to people saying "Armada is the best".

I need to go to the US again and meet some reasonable people there so these boards don't convince me that the "americans think they're the best at everything without knowing anything about the outside world" stereotype is true. >.>

Niko45

Smash Master
lol that stereotype is obviously weighing heavily on your reasoning in this argument but since the US is basing this opinion on video analysis, relative lack of competition, and PAL, you're actually being a stereotypical European who stereotypes Americans as thinking they're better than everybody solely because their American. :)

PB&J

Smash Hero
LOL XiF ***** me =[

oh ****tt mikey lenetia

Also, wife places very consistently high. He makes a ton of mistakes, but he just plays smart and consistent overall and beats the flashy technicals (like colbol)
he only beat colbol once buddy where colbol has beaten almost every peach player out there..just stating facts so...and one more thing about europe..gawes was there for a year and said only a few people can touch him and said america would destroy europe ..anyway if u think differntly come to america and get *****...like genesis will be good for europe to play america

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
lol that stereotype is obviously weighing heavily on your reasoning in this argument but since the US is basing this opinion on video analysis, relative lack of competition, and PAL, you're actually being a stereotypical European who stereotypes Americans as thinking they're better than everybody solely because their American. :)
Those arguments are not legit since the people saying them obviously don't know enough about the European scene to be saying that. ;)
The video analysing is especially funny, with Vanz admitting he had only seen a few vids of Armada against crappy foxes he multistocked.

And if you people really do know anything about our scene, mention 20 top level players from Europe and 10 players of top 10 calibur in sweden. If you know the scene so well that you know that it "lacks competition" making such a list should be pie.

And the version differences are nowhere near big enough to give Peach some kind of tier boost. Falco's barely changed, Sheik can combo from his dthrow, fox's Uair is just as strong, etc.

I wonder if my mentioning of Armada would've started this if Armada was from America... Actually that's a pretty stupid question. I'm 100% sure it wouldn't have.
Point? You people are doing an incredible job of living up to a stereotype I wished wasn't true. I honestly don't think it is, in fact I know it isn't (for most) cuz I've been to the US several times and met a wide variety of people there.
But I guess the majority of the people on these boards are part of the dumb America that do live up to that stereotype. If not, you people have been doing one hell of a job convincing me that it must be the case.

EDIT: LOL i've gone so far in my america bashing, this is hilarious. You people suck ***, kthxbye. :laugh:

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
The USA has already proven to be the best country for Melee, hands down.

There are a handful of Europe smashers than can compete with top US competition. Nihonjin and EK come to mind, but they both quit didn't they? The problem is that outside of those handful of people, the rest of Europe simply cannot compete. As I recall Captain Jack came over to Europe in 2006 and started taking most of the tournaments there. The Captain Jack that was beaten by Ken, Azen, and a slew of other japanese smashers that got stomped by tier 2 US players. The fact is that Tier 1 Europe smashers are about as good as Tier 1 US smashers, but then Tier 2 Europe smashers are like our Tier 4 smashers. US players have already gone to europe. GAWes (Our Savior Marth) went and started making top 3 at all the UK tournaments. GAWes is good, but he's never even played outside of Georgia in the US, a relatively weak smash state compared to the big 5 regions (New York, California, Texas, MD/VA, and Florida).

If Armada is beating people like Nihonjin and EK then I give him mad props, but I haven't really heard of it. Plus not to mention Peach is SIGNIFICANTLY better in PAL version thanks to the fact she can meteor cancel marth's dair, kill Fox faster, not always die from a falco dair, and actually live past 84% against fox's up smash and up air.

There are good players in all the major smash regions of the world, but the US has just far more, far better players.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Peach is not significantly better in PAL at all, you need to update yourself in the differences between the versions. I've played both quite a bit btw. Fox's Uair hasn't been weakened and Peach cannot survive a falco Dair unless the falco is trying to get the weak hit.

As for the rest of your post, I actually kind of agree. the European scene is smaller and therefore the number of talented players is also smaller. My point is that the top of the top players in europe could deffinetly hold their own against the US's top of the top. :)

EDIT: btw I just had to point out, you talking about EK shows how out-of-date you are when it comes to knowledge of european smash. Sorry. :p.
"If Armada is beating people like Nihonjin and EK then I give him mad props, but I haven't really heard of it"
This is just ridicoulus... you DO realize that Armada has been the best in sweden and has consintently beaten people that have basically surpassed EK for quite some time now? >.>
I don't understand how you CAN'T "really have heard of it". There's even armada vs nihonin sets on youtube.

aquteen

Smash Ace
Smash Wiki said:
Fox's up smash weakened, damage dropped from 18% in NTSC to 17% in PAL, knockback dramatically weakened, for example, in PAL-version Peach would die to Fox's Usmash at as high of a % as 83%, whereas in the NTSC version Peach only needs to be at 70% for her to Blast away as a screaming star.
Idk how true this is but it looks like fox's u-smash is fairly weaker in PAL which would make the peach fox matchup a lot easier for peach.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I personally think that USA is a step or two above Europe.

However, I also know it's a possibility, so I'll shut up until Genesis.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol then why wont Sweden or whoever is the best over there just come to USA and show us what they got instead of thier smash goons taking kaka for them. no hate to any of them but USA has finished proving ourselves to be the ultimate power in melee.

done.

Samochan

Smash Master
lol then why wont Sweden or whoever is the best over there just come to USA and show us what they got instead of thier smash goons taking kaka for them. no hate to any of them but USA has finished proving ourselves to be the ultimate power in melee.

done.
Last time I checked, they are planning on showing up. But the top players in europe are either dutches who don't have money/are always busy liek work or swedish who are underage/have hard time traveling across ocean. Money is always an issue too.

And lol GaWes taking top 3 on uk, the only one good enough mentioning from UK is Fuzzyness and Zeppo's from scotland and others are only now getting better. No remarkable breaktrough at usa >> europe being done here. <_< In overall usa however > europe and I'm not denying that, too little really good players here compared to usa, but we have fewer smashers compared to usa as well. But a little respect there and there wouldn't go amiss, instead of this same old "we're 10x times better than you" attitude. >_>

Oh and peach can survive to around 95-100% from fox's upsmash on ntsc with di last time I checked from cort's vids (or some other peach). You guys should try it sometime. And if amsah and ek only come to your mind when speaking of top smashers in europe, you guys are sadly, sadly behind times. Only ones from europe that are better or at the same level as armada and capable of beating him/consistently beating him are amsah, adam and calle w, two of which are dutches and top in europe and other one is his top player & sparring partner from sweden who knows how to handle his peach relatively well by now. And everyone should know by now too how amazing amsah is on smash (it's almost an anagram even lol), adam's even better atm.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
no hate to any of them but USA has finished proving ourselves to be the ultimate power in melee.
How/when? Europeans and the US have barely played each other, ever :/.
A couple of great european players went to the us for fc6 and stuff, but that was a looong time ago.
I really do want to know. And Ken going to japan 100 years ago is not legit today.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
look, you guys have something to prove, so it's simple! gather ur strongest soldiers and ship them over here for our next biggest tourney. USA holds the biggest melee tourneys anyway. That way they can play all of USA's top players without any Johns. Yeah, Ken rock'd Japan when u were wearing diapers but you what? We still have the Champion belt. Now it's time for you guys to try and take it from us. :p

good clux tho LOLZ

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
This IS why he's a noob. He thinks the assumptions made have no bases to them. He just doesn't SEE the difference in the level of play (and he always ignores this fact).

I can't wait to see Armada come to the states and get torn apart by the US pros. :chuckle:

Edit: @Xif

You're giving Europe too much credit IMO. Tier 1 smashers in Europe would get ***** by tier 1 smashers in the US.

Samochan

Smash Master
look, you guys have something to prove, so it's simple! gather ur strongest soldiers and ship them over here for our next biggest tourney. USA holds the biggest melee tourneys anyway. That way they can play all of USA's top players without any Johns. Yeah, Ken rock'd Japan when u were wearing diapers but you what? We still have the Champion belt. Now it's time for you guys to try and take it from us. :p

good clux tho LOLZ
Gives us 800€ each and we might go lol. It takes around 800-1200€ from finland to get some middle european country and then to usa and to the nearest coast line side. lol

This IS why he's a noob. He thinks the assumptions made have no bases to them. He just doesn't SEE the difference in the level of play (and he always ignores this fact).

I can't wait to see Armada come to the states and get torn apart by the US pros. :chuckle:

Edit: @Xif

You're giving Europe too much credit IMO. Tier 1 smashers in Europe would get ***** by tier 1 smashers in the US.
Kouryuu, I'll be glad to gloat over your face when you face the truth and see just how little top players in europe get ***** by top players in usa, if at all. At least when I look at the american videos, I look underneath the underneath and see just why they are as good as they are, unlike what you seem to be doing (if you even look at the vids and if you don't, you have no base for these claims). To your dismay but obviously our fortune, I also see the same things when the good european smashers play. It is definitely you who is blind if you think top players in europe would get thoroughly beaten by usa.

But really, I don't care about some champion belt, not at all, as it also seems quite futile to bring down the whole usa with as few amazing smashers as we have compared to the mass amount of smashers in usa. But what I do care about is europeans kicking some american *** and teaching you some humility you obviously lack, but could use in mass quantities.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I have to say, that I actually do think there is a skill gap between the USA and europe.

But do your math, how many people there play smash? the fact that you are one country, and we are multiple also makes it harder for tournements here, we have a few that everyone from europe goes to, Epita and RoS come to mind.

The thing is, that this used to be very true, because amsah was most likely even to your top, but there was also a huge skill difference between tier 1, and tier 2 around here, but after some time, players like Faab and Adam sure did catch up.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I'd be glad to see the top players in Europe compete against the top players in the US. But seriously, Genesis is over 6 months away. The European smashers should save up their money and come to the states.

Samochan

Smash Master
I'd be glad to see the top players in Europe compete against the top players in the US. But seriously, Genesis is over 6 months away. The European smashers should save up their money and come to the states.
Uh, how you save money when you don't earn enough of that money? >_> I really doubt any smasher here has enough money to jump onto a plane and go to usa, they'r eeither underage or they work but don't get enough to spare much from living. Plus we all have esa3 to attend, but some americans are planning on showing up, which is good. :3

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
lol i just read this whole thread.
Most of the American smashers posting right now are just coming off as complete *******s.
MikeHagger was just asking for a little respect for one of their top players, it's not that unreasonable.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
MikeHagger was also spouting false accusations/facts about Armada or rather, the Peach players here in the US. But it's obvious that our opinions aren't going to change so there really is no point in going on any further.

I like Armada's Peach and I would love to see it in person (I'd love to play it even more). That's why I'm hoping that Europe would come to the States for Genesis. If that's not possible then oh well I guess =\

JFox

Smash Hero
Mike, are you trying to say that by watching a video, you can't see differences in skill level? I'm not saying that watching a video is as accurate a way to judge skill as playing someone first hand, but you are implying that videos show no proof of skill. When you watch a tier 1 player and a tier 2 player on video, you can see a large gap. People judging armada on his videos is the most accurate thing we can use, and if there is a big skill gap between him and lets say Cort, that gap would be obvious to us when we watched the videos. So don't say that we are just cocky americans who think we are the best hands down. We've seen the guy on video, and he just doesn't measure up to that tier 1 standard.

Also, the point made about PAL peach having an advantage is actually rather accurate. Marth not being able to spike is a pretty big difference. Fox's upsmash being nerfed is a big difference. Sheik's dthrow makes SOME combos impossible to pull off, limiting her to lesser combos which are far less devastating.

I think the biggest problem is that the level of competition that these guys play in simply isnt up to par with the level of competition that US peach players go through. We have SO many good players that make the bracket so hard you have to be flawless. We have players that are SO good with the top tiers that it makes peach look like a scrub. I just think the smash scene is too small/spread apart for Europe to compete with us. Thats not an insult, its just a speculation as to why US has always been at the top. We have soo many people that constantly challenge those top players and force the metagame to evolve at such a rapid rate.

Anyway, I think this conversation is kind of silly. In the end, Europe is gonna defend themselves regardless of logic. I think we should really just drop it. If armada is the best but never proves himself, he'll never be the best in our book, thats just the fact of life. In the end, your gonna need to prove it.

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
All country rivalry aside

I'm just looking forward to seeing the matches.

See what game Europe can bring

I think Armada has game but, Im acourse siding with U.S.

also
JFox said:
Anyway, I think this conversation is kind of silly. In the end, Europe is gonna defend themselves regardless of logic. I think we should really just drop it. If armada is the best but never proves himself, he'll never be the best in our book, thats just the fact of life. In the end, your gonna need to prove it.
^this

Top Bottom