• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pink Shinobi is one of the best peaches in the world

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
LOL@ US getting some kind of "belt" after Ken going to Japan. In your imagination I guess. It doesn't make sense on so many levels that I shouldn't even have to explain. The people who beleive it to some degree prolly realize themselves that it really is just a bunch of BS, and see it as a tool for ****talk.
lol i just read this whole thread.
Most of the American smashers posting right now are just coming off as complete *******s.
MikeHagger was just asking for a little respect for one of their top players, it's not that unreasonable.
Thank you! lol
MikeHagger was also spouting false accusations/facts about Armada or rather, the Peach players here in the US. But it's obvious that our opinions aren't going to change so there really is no point in going on any further.
No, I didn't. If you think I did link me to those posts lol.
Funny how you come back when others start talking some ****, ignoring my reply to you I did a while back. To hard to respond to? You just can't think of any counter-arguments good enough, can you? (not that I blame you)
If armada is the best but never proves himself, he'll never be the best in our book, thats just the fact of life. In the end, your gonna need to prove it.
By that logic, none of the American peaches can be called the best either because they haven't "proved it". They really haven't done more then internationally to prove that they're better then Armada.

As for the rest of your post, off course you can make some judgements off skill based off videos. Looking at videos, you can see that the difference in skill level is not that big or even NONEXISTANT.
Don't try to deny it. It's obvious that you people don't know enough about the european scene to make any kind of judgements anyway. I mean jesus, still talking about EK. If you look at XIF's post about Armada, that's sort of as if I started saying "ya i heard that ken guy is pretty good, has m2k beaten him yet?". It's impossible to take judgements from a post like that seriously.
I'm also 95% sure you don't know much more about the european scene then XIF ;). You could try to prove me wrong, though. Who are the top 10 players in sweden? Who are the top 20 in Europe? Which countries have overall placed the best in international European tournies? (ie which countries are the best at smash)
In the end, Europe is gonna defend themselves regardless of logic.
lmao, why did I start trying trying to make an argument with someone who's this arrogant. idk if you realize how stupid that sounds, but since you lack the ability to make unbiased judgements you probably never will.

It's funny how people are now going to try to call ME the fanboy/patriot just because I don't worship the US. :laugh:

Anyway I'm done here, I just asked for some respect and recognition from you guys for Armada. But since he isn't from the US he won't get any from you arrogant patriots anyway. So there's really no point in posting here.
This thread brought out the worst of me, but that's what happens when people are this disrespectful. **** you, lmao.

JFox

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4YDAAWwFrA&feature=related

I'd like to point out how garbage sheik's down throw is vs peach in PAL. In the NTSC a grab means either a huge combo or guarenteed death at higher percents. In PAL, you just always DI away and thats it! Under 30% or so, you can be hit by a dash attack, but DI away from that too and its hard to follow up. After 30%, you DI away and you can't even be touched. That means that Sheik can't kill Peach using her throws! WOW. Also, even if she wanted to, she can't kill you off the top because of her uair being hugely nerfed.

Notice how CJ doesn't even go for the grabs at percents higher than 50%, even though he can easily get them when armada is at low percents. If this match were NTSC, I think it probably would have been a two stock, just because CJ has such a hard time finishing Peach without that dthrow to uair/fair finish. CJ's kill strategy was basically "oh no i cant use dthrow. I know I will just SH Fair til my opponent runs into one"

IMO this match is in Peach's favor in PAL, whereas in NTSC I would say its definitely in Sheik's favor.

Samochan

Smash Master
Last time I checked, sheik can cg peach up to those 30%, then dash attack peach before she can do much anything, into tilt fair combos. How is that much different from ntsc beside not getting the uair kill? >_> Does sheik magically get 10x times more fairs in the air and tilt 10x times more as well? Or are the tilts and dash attacks magically non-di'able on ntsc too?

Believe me, simple ntsc dthrow missing does not take any other of sheik's qualities away, like that really good statistical data of his, priority, range and quickness. <_< Peach is slow, sheik is quick = peach gets owned by quickness. Math is quite simple here. When KO'ing, sheik still has fair, bair, needles and upsmash, then edgeguard which sheik is really good at too and fair's downward direction makes it so peach can't even recover that high, thus being on the edgeguard range of sheik. The lack of guaranteed upward KO option does not make the matchup magically in favor of peach, but sheik still holds the slight advantage.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Samochan, we prolly shouldn't argue about matchups in PAL with Jfox considering how much more experience he has then us when it comes to PAL. MIRITE? Oh, whoops.

Seriously though, let them beleive that. it's obvious that they're pretty desperate in trying to discredit Armada if they're resorting to such arguments :/. If we give them a reality check they might not be able to sleep at night.

EDIT: btw, I have played NTSC quite a bit and I know the differences much better then most people do.

Samochan

Smash Master
Uh, I'm so very sorry to burst your bubble kouryuu, but the only things changed with sheik from ntsc to pal was uair knockback and dthrow. It has also been documented by many others and there's a topic on boards too. So unless you wanna horribly embarrass yourself further, I suggest you shut up now.

To name a few what was wrong on your post... what you don't even seem to realise from those aerials is that cj never hit with the sweetspot of em or ful strenght. Those with lingering hitboxes weaken greatly (doc's nair strenghtens) when out even a couple of frames or not hit with the sweetspot part of the hitbox. Not to mention armada smash di'ed that fair in the beginning lol. Fair also sends downwards at the same angle as ntsc, besides armada was already grounded and pressed shield button, thus instant teching the fair. It can be done against other attacks too, which armada does quite often. <_< All I can say is, you are just trying to make some idiotic excuses to your lack of knowledge in things because we already proved you wrong. And you're horrible at dissecting videos as well. :p

Edit: You really don't have any stand to say armada's second rate, seeing as you're even lower ranking yourself. <_< And last time I checked, CJ himself commented on how good armada was, ntsc wouldn't make much difference here as armada was good at spacing and avoiding those grabs unless they were inescapable. I agree with you though, there is no point in arguing with ignorant person. =)

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I'd like to see Armada play CJ in the NTSC version in tournament.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Edit: You really don't have any stand to say armada's second rate, seeing as you're even lower ranking yourself. <_< And last time I checked, CJ himself commented on how good armada was, ntsc wouldn't make much difference here as armada was good at spacing and avoiding those grabs unless they were inescapable. I agree with you though, there is no point in arguing with ignorant person. =)
LOL okay sweetheart, what ever you say.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I'd like to see Armada play CJ in the NTSC version in tournament.
It's funny how you think that the difference in results would actually be noticeable. :bee:

I also love how everyone ignores me and samo's long posts with good points to them.... While still trying to defend your side of the argument with some lame-*** "but the PAL-NTSC differences ;(" argument? Please. :laugh: Not forgetting to add "OMG U GUYS SUCK", off course. Ooohh! That one hurt real bad. Grasping for straws much?
Keep going though, its hilarious to watch. :) Please don't leave like everyone else I tore apart, that'd be boring. :(

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
^^ Funny how you edited that from "Armada is still second rate". I guess you took it back when the thought of me ripping your *** apart (again) arose.
I should've quoted it so everyone could see it... but when I saw it I didn't feel like wasting my time to argue against such a ridicioulus statement.
Whatever, (im guessing) mods can see editing history so it's not like you can deny it.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujPiov2ROuI&fmt=18
starts at 4:40
@ 30% armada techs away, idk if amsah mistimed the regrab or if he just should've dash attacked instead. (i dont have the exact cg numbers in my head). Either way dash attack could've worked there, it's easy to see + amsah does dthrow->dash attack several times in that vid (at a wide variety of percentages)

It's sort of silly how you didn't beleive Samo. Did you think she was lying or where you trying to embarass yourself?
Samo lying wouldn't have made sense so I guess you where trying to embarass yourself. That doesn't make sense either, but neither has anything you've said in this thread, so what can I expect :/

EDIT: btw, i just had to point this out: In the Peach vs Fox matchup the nerfed usmash doesn't matter that much. Why? b/c uthrow uair will combo @ high percents and kill at around the same percentages as the NTSC usmash.
Sure, they can SDI away if you hit with both hits. But against peach who goes high from the uthrow it's always possible (and easier then on most chars) to sweetspot the Uair (ie only hitting with the second hit).
Sweetspotting it isn't as hard as people make it out to be btw, you just need to learn the spacing and the timing required for that spacing.

the nerfed usmash is mainly a problem in matchups where uthrow uair doesn't work (like samus, i hate that *****)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
how do you like them apples?

i wish smashboards was as cool as pink shinobi... PAUL!!! i miss you...

JFox

Smash Hero
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujPiov2ROuI&fmt=18
starts at 4:40

It's sort of silly how you didn't beleive Samo. Did you think she was lying or where you trying to embarass yourself?
Samo lying wouldn't have made sense so I guess you where trying to embarass yourself. That doesn't make sense either, but neither has anything you've said in this thread, so what can I expect :/
Are you ****in kidding me...MikeHaggar you are the dumbest piece of ****, and should stfu. You know nothing about melee, and I am twice as good as you will ever be so why dont you learn some ****ing manners. Peach cant get chaingrabbed by sheik, not even in NTSC. If you don't DI forward, sheik cant regrab in time, Peach can just jump out because she goes too high. But you're too ****in stupid to realize that maybe you should NOT DI at certain percents until Peach is high enough that she can't be regrabbed.

Yeah, I wanted to embarass myself *******. Good **** lookin so stupid. How about you GTFO for a little while. You're almost as embarrassing as that guy tellin me that Peach can't chaingrab Falco. Quit sayin stupid things, you're pissing me off. "Oh yea, it doesn't matter that Fox's upsmash is nerfed" thats about the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Niko45

Smash Master
European argument: Americans are full of themselves and underestimate us because we are European.

American argument: Europe isn't as good based on actual smash-related factors X, Y, and Z.

European counterpoint: X doesn't matter, Y and Z don't matter THAT much. Insult, embarass urself americans, etc.

Particularly, trying to downplay the sheik down throw in NTSC is flat out incredible. WTF are you thinking?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
In the end, Europe is gonna defend themselves regardless of logic.
Those are some manners, Jfox. I should learn from you.

If Peach DI's towards you in PAL can do anything to her that you can in a non-di'd downthrow in NTSC. It might be possible to regrab anyway in PAL, I dont play sheik so I'm not sure.
Point is, in this particular matchup Sheiks dthrow nerf isn't a huge deal. It is a huge deal in some matchups, but not this one. Same thing goes for fox's usmash: in some matchups it matters alot, but not THAT much in the peach-fox matchup. Nowhere close to enough to significantly change how Armada places anyway, which was the argument I was arguing against.

Off course these nerfs matter alot to SHEIK and FOX, but not peach. That was obviously the point. Im not trying to "downplay the sheik NTSC downthrow", lol.

Niko: "X", "Y" and "Z" arguments where nothing but "we're better cuz we just are and i saw it in videos. europe cant compare! how dare you"". Counter-arguments have been "those are your own assumptions/judgements based off of very little actual knowledge and footage, and there is no evidence whatsoever to support your assumptions).

These anti-european arguments have been written in a way that makes it stupidly obvious that the people posting barely know anything about european smash (read XIF's post, it's hilarious*) and have barely even seen european smash videos to begin with (example: Vanz comment on the kind of foxes armada plays).

If I said something like "yhea us isnt that good except ken. its obvious in videos that hes not on par with euro players. the people he plays arent that good i saw him 3 stocking some fox cuz he kept jumping into his utilts." while portraying a very superior, know-it-all attitude... would you be able to take that seriously? Off course not. Would you make fun of me for making such ridicioulus statements? Off course.
It's the same thing here. If you people post such dumb **** while acting arrogantly don't expect me to be respectful.

*especially the GAWes argument. let's completely ignore that England isn't the only country in europe (and not the best at smash), and point out that GAWes is from a "relatively weak smash state" in attempt to downplay Europe!
England COULD be a "relatively weak smash country", but let's all ignore that.

EDIT: I wonder what these X, Y & Z arguments are. I guess they're "you suck" "europe sucks" and "US is better then europe"? Because it's seriously pretty much the only arguments that has been said. Loads of people here have cried "YOU SUCK", targeting me personally because I didn't agree with them and/or worship america.
Real mature, constructive arguments right there. Unlike mine. I guess I'm just a pissed off, delusional swede that's calling names. :(

SECOND EDIT: actually I don't mean to point out XIF as much as I'm doing lol >.> He surprisingly made one of the most realistic/unbiased posts about europe vs us in this thread (the overall point of his post is very agreeable)

PB&J

Smash Hero
XIF ON THIS ACCOUNT.

I know, and have known that EK doesnt play anymore.

EK and nihonjin are about the extent of my care for Europe smash skill. I stop after that.

And Jam. I love Jam.

<3 DMBC.

Niko45

Smash Master
Niko: "X", "Y" and "Z" arguments where nothing but "we're better cuz we just are and i saw it in videos. europe cant compare! how dare you"". Counter-arguments have been "those are your own assumptions/judgements based off of very little actual knowledge and footage, and there is no evidence whatsoever to support your assumptions).
How about:

X = video critique of opponents Armada plays
Y = PAL Peach > NTSC Peach
Z = The more spread out, smaller smash scene in Europe than in the US

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I've debunked X & Y, even in the very post you quoted. Look at my other posts for more detail (it's not like im going to repeat myself)
Z doesn't make any sense, but if you're trying to say Europe has a smaller scene then yes that is true. That doesn't mean Armada isn't one of the Peaches ever.

EDIT: I'm noticing that you're trying to turn this into "We bring the smart, reasonable arguments and you're just calling names". Decent try, but you know as well as I do that this is a case of "These arguments are so ********, misinformed and desperate that there's obviously bias and personal feelings of superiority involved". Just because I won't resist to point that out doesn't mean I'm wrong. ;)

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
True fact Pink Shinobi started playing melee in Minnesota and was beating people like chexr. That dude (PS) is amazing.

$5 says i knew Pink Shinobi was legit before anybody on the WC did.

Also, about the extreme butthurt between the Euros and us Americans: Who gives a ****? I know, I know, there's reputation on the line, but frankly that's why we have tournaments. Either Europe comes to genesis and Armada takes the best overall peach award by standings or Armada realizes that sheik has a uair and a fair out of dthrow to deal with now and gets beat (not to mention fox in anti-nerf form). Frankly i hope Armada destroys everybody so that Americans have to strive to get better so we can beat outside competition (global impacts ftw).

An old chinese proverb once said that "In internet arguments, there are no winners, only losers"

Edit: Hey pink, how does being a pro feel?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
betterthanbonds: I agree with that. What I was getting so pissed off about was people dismissing Armada as "second rate", "nowhere close to the level of american peaches", etc. Refusing to recognize any smasher outside the states in this way is so stupid.
Sure, there is no proof that he isn't "second rate" but there's no proof that he isn't the best peach ever either. So, is it pointless to argue over who's best? Probably. Fortunately I haven't even been doing that.

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
I don't really feel pro, ya know? I wanna pull off SS comboes and stuff and have people go like, "WHOA, NO SPIT" or something like that. Lmao, I just kinda dmash then edge guard, so I dunno.

And Kirby Kaze, I don't like your avatar if that's who I think it is. T_T

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
I don't really feel pro, ya know? I wanna pull off SS comboes and stuff and have people go like, "WHOA, NO SPIT" or something like that. Lmao, I just kinda dmash then edge guard, so I dunno.
Lol dude, you've been killin it out there.

The commentators call you paul, if that counts for anything as to your skills.

Ever coming back to MN like during the summer?:)

Samochan

Smash Master
Oh look, another person who's to stupid to comprehend my posts and see my point! It's sort of sad that I'm not surprised.
No, actually mike, you commented on how Armada was the best and that started all this argument thingy. <_<

Armada is still the best
Lol

Armada's "best" cause he's so awesome and one of my favourite players (and yours it seems) yea, but cort and pc still trumph him, however it's because those guys are insane with peach and generally regarded as one of the best players in the world for good reason, not because armada is lacking skillwise. Then other peaches skills versus armada's is debatable and there's no point in going there anymore.

Kirbstir >> everyone else though ;)

Top Bottom