• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pink Shinobi is one of the best peaches in the world

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I know I said that and that that's what started the chain of events that led up to the argument, but it wasn't what I was arguing about
I was arguing against people claiming that he was second rate and couldn't compare and bla bla bla (which obviously isn't true). I don't even remember making a single comment about who I think the best peach is after that 1 post.
It really started with an arrogant comment from Vanz. not trying to blame him or w/e, just saying that's what I was arguing against/about

kirbstir is the best second best player in the world if he uses kirby. mitchell "the best player in the world" tang is the best player... in the world

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I know I said that and that that's what started the chain of events that led up to the argument, but it wasn't what I was arguing about
I was arguing against people claiming that he was second rate and couldn't compare and bla bla bla (which obviously isn't true). I don't even remember making a single comment about who I think the best peach is after that 1 post.
It really started with an arrogant comment from Vanz. not trying to blame him or w/e, just saying that's what I was arguing against/about

kirbstir is the best second best player in the world if he uses kirby. mitchell "the best player in the world" tang is the best player... in the world
you already proved you don't know what the **** you're talking about with your chaingrab comment

please don't dig europe a bigger hole than you already have, it's ****ing disgraceful

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
superryan doesn't have to be so mean...

so... paul won another tourney with norcal's finest present...
i wanna see how he'll do at genesis...

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I think people fail to realize that it's the fact that Sheik CANT combo off throws at HIGH percents that give Peach the advantage in PAL. Low percent combos aren't that big of a deal.

Also, Vidjo is DEFINITELY up there with PC and Cort for the best Peaches. The reason I say Armada is 2nd rate is because... like Samo said, PC and Cort are simply better than him.

1st rate Peaches = M2K, PC, Cort and Vidjo (Maybe Xelic... maybe). It's probably safe to assume that Armada is not on that level.

When I say "2nd rate," I'm speaking on relative terms and the level those Peach players play is far too great compared to the level of other Peaches. It's NOT an insult the way Mike makes it out to be. Just wanted to clear that up.

Another thing...

Does Pink Shinobi fall under Ken's Peach theory? Just curious ^_^

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I think people fail to realize that it's the fact that Sheik CANT combo off throws at HIGH percents that give Peach the advantage in PAL. Low percent combos aren't that big of a deal.
WTF? Low percents is when grabs are the most important since thats when CCing works (so you grab to not get CC'd). At higher percents approaching with other stuff that you can combo into kill moves is safe (since it can't be cc'd).
Off course it's a disadvantage, but it's not such a huge deal that it would change Armada's tournament placings. At all.

It's not safe to assume that Armada "isn't on that level", at all. How the hell could it be? here is no logical argument at all to back it up.
Samo never even said such a thing and it simply isn't true. Just b/c she thinks cort and PC are better doesn't mean Armada isn't on that level. HE IS.
If you want to try to argue with me about this, start with the arguments from my previous posts (the ones that you ignored because you where to butthurt to respond)
EDIT: lol, I just realized you admitted it's an assumption. :bee: Good job, try editing it like you did last time you made an idiot out of yourself.
you already proved you don't know what the **** you're talking about with your chaingrab comment

please don't dig europe a bigger hole than you already have, it's ****ing disgraceful
Lol, how the **** did I do that? Through not saying "If they DI towards it doesn't work"? How the hell does it matter, since if they DO di towards you can do anything you can from a NTSC dthrow.
Don't grasp for straws.

EDIT: Off course, sheik's dthrow is nerfed and im not trying to say that it isn't. I'm saying that it isn't a big deal enough in this matchup to change Armada's tournament placings. (this was the entire argument)
Just had to point that out cuz I knew you're going to ignore my point and try to make it look like I'm saying something else in an attempt to embarass me.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
It's not safe to assume that Armada "isn't on that level", at all. How the hell could it be? here is no logical argument at all to back it up.
Samo never even said such a thing and it simply isn't true. Just b/c she thinks cort and PC are better doesn't mean Armada isn't on that level. HE IS.
If you want to try to argue with me about this, start with the arguments from my previous posts (the ones that you ignored because you where to butthurt to respond)
I like how you say there is no logical argument to back up my assumptions then proceed to state that Armada IS on their level. I'd love to hear YOUR bases for making such a bold statement... nah don't waste your time.

OK, here you go: Armada is Amazing.. he's TEH BEST! Is that enough to help you sleep? I hope it is.

Also, if you're wondering why I haven't responded to your past posts... it's because they are just as ******** as this one.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I'm basing that off videos and tourny results. Tourny results above all, there is no way a "second rate" peach is able to place as well and beat as big names as he does.
Now we're back to the point where you desperately try to say that Armada cant be good despite all that b/c all of Europe is teh suck and can't compare to America.
"Let's dismiss the smash scene of an entire continet (a scene that I don't even know anything about to begin with) in an attempt to discredit Armada!" Good job *******, very convincing.
Off course you can still try going there, but it won't work any better then it did last time.

You wouldn't respond to my other post because they're "just as ******** as this one"? Then why did you respond to this one? :|
So, you're basically telliing me there are other factors involved for you not responding to my previous post, since you responded to this. Obviously because I ripped you apart so bad in my previous posts that you had no chance for a come-back, but you won't admit that. It's okay though, you provide decent entertainment so I'm satisfied.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
a rose by any other name is still a stupid flower...

haha i miss ice ninja, i'm gonna pm him or something...

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I'm definitely convinced it's the latter.

I really don't know why I bother, I mean.. he's gonna **** my **** no matter what I say. I know NOTHING about the European scene but he knows OH SO MUCH about the level Smash here in the States. He definitely must be right in all respects.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
my peach tree in my backyard owns the entire U.S. european peach scene.

i win haha.

ur all noobs kthxbai

(but pinkshinobi is still the best)

but pc beating mew2king with peach, in that match, hes the best peach in the world.

pc is also the best peach in the world in another match, where he beats forwards falco.

but other than that my peach tree will 4 stock any other peach in dittos

Zoap

Smash Master
I play peach too. Hey Kirbstir you're comin to Genesis right?! We should get more Chicken N Biscuit when you get here.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I'm definitely convinced it's the latter.

I really don't know why I bother, I mean.. he's gonna **** my **** no matter what I say. I know NOTHING about the European scene but he knows OH SO MUCH about the level Smash here in the States. He definitely must be right in all respects.
I don't have to know alot about american smash to know more about it then you know about the european scene. Unfortunately for you, I'm fairly educated in what's going in the US scene.

We could compare knowledge if you want. Which states/countries in Europe/America (respectively) are the best at smash? Who is the best with each character in respective area? Who places the highest in tournies, both in and out of state/country? Who are the (most likely) top 10 in Europe/US?
I could make up a bunch of more questions like this. I answer these questions for US and you do the same for Europe, and we can see if you truly do know anything about smash in Europe.

Please inform me if you want to make a fool out of yourself/take this test

Zoap

Smash Master
Is the peach player from europe a little kid(younger then 18). I heard about him and was entertained by his videos.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
I don't have to know alot about american smash to know more about it then you know about the european scene. Unfortunately for you, I'm fairly educated in what's going in the US scene.

We could compare knowledge if you want. Which states/countries in Europe/America (respectively) are the best at smash? Who is the best with each character in respective area? Who places the highest in tournies, both in and out of state/country? Who are the (most likely) top 10 in Europe/US?
I could make up a bunch of more questions like this. I answer these questions for US and you do the same for Europe, and we can see if you truly do know anything about smash in Europe.

Please inform me if you want to make a fool out of yourself/take this test
if u thought the best in america is mango or mew2kng.. then ur wrong!

the best in america is actually KFC, but he doesnt want everybody else to know that. i heard hes gonna use 20% of his actual skill level at genesis, instead of his usual 2%. and win genesis without losing a single match :chuckle:

but this secret is only passed on in the highest of circles.. so consider urself lucky that u know of this awesome great player. if i were u, i would start takin bets of the winner of genesis cus u already know the answer :chuckle:

Samochan

Smash Master
Kouryuu, I think mike is still riled up (and me bit as well) because you keep refering armada as second rate, plus you just now referred everyone else beside cort and pc second rate, which literaly means mediocre, imperfect. That's an insult on my books toward someone who plays quite accurately and consistently on terms of techs, movement, mindgames and everything else involved. Armada, if nothing else, is accurate and consistent on what he does. Not to mention you also called everyone else not cort or pc mediocre. I think it's safe to say none of the more known and high placing peaches are mediocre, but definitely first class in fact. <_< Especially when we consider those other 6 million melee users who are not lol.

Niko45

Smash Master
Kouryuu, I think mike is still riled up (and me bit as well) because you keep refering armada as second rate.
Second rate is harsh, but that comment came way after all this bull**** about "embarassing yourself," "destroying arguments," being "desperate," etc. So you can understand a lack of patience there.

I think what REALLY happened here is that mike got riled up because he's not good enough at the game to be able to tell the difference between a good peach and a great peach (as well as the skill level of the opponents they're playing) and decided the only reason the US is considered better is because they're arrogant and can't respect european smash. Turns out that's false and he needs to get better and shut up.

pockyD

Smash Legend
what also happened is that kouryuu confused "second rate" with "second tier", and despite it being pretty clear what he meant, people chose to read that one term instead of the entire post

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Okay...I'm mad I actually read everything...seriously, xD.

1.) We won't know ANYTHING until we see them in tournament. So all this is...just smack talk. Pointless smack talk that will be up and done with once we see results.

2.) Kouryuu, use some tact...Mike, you too. Honestly, we've seen things happen that scare people. Look at the Japan vs. East Coast matches. That was some scary stuff, 'cuz Japan was ****** hard core. Anyway...yes: There are people in America that ride the coattails of some players, but let's be real: We've lost a lot of those players to Brawl. We don't know HOW things will turn out now.

3.) I'm considered to be...well...yeah, and I've never once gotten my peach chaingrabbed by a Shiek.

4.) The most important note of all- XIF I love your sig

5.) The second most important note- Kirbstir, you're amazing

6.) Americans do tend to think a bit differently when it comes to developing Metagame. Ken did things when he went to Japan (Chaingrabbing) and HugS played Samus they weren't prepared for. Also...Foxes CAN beat Peaches by approaching, but sometimes, people play to win...aka gayly. Spamerer vs. Vidjo....yeaaaaah, that was the most gay playing I've ever seen. Spam just barely won...and it was only because of % and time running out. If he was dumb enough to try and attack head on...he more than likely would have lost. JMan also had to camp out Vidjo. Now the difference is how badly someone wants to win. Armada is definitely ****** aggro foxes, which means if he came over here, and we had foxes that wanted to play Aggro, he might just **** them. HOWEVER, how would Armada do against a campy fox? <3 Armada, he's amazing, but how does he do against Campy foxes. I'd say Armada is an amazing Peach. I'd also say he'd do well at Genesis if he came over. Right now, though, you're going to have to just sit back and bite your tongue a bit. (No, that's not an insult.) One thing about American smashers...you gotta prove them wrong in tournament. That or get one of the top players to back up whoever it is. Look at how some are reacting to one of our own American players.

6.) This whole thing didn't even START off as USA vs. European peaches, someone turned it into that.

7.) This argument is gay now.

8.) Is my favorite number

9.) Armada is FAR from second rate. As far as I can see on the Peach Tier list he's mid/high. He may even be higher than that.

10.) Lol @ the Peach Tier list. I'm done...hope to see Samo and Armada at Genesis. ^_^

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Second rate is harsh, but that comment came way after all this bull**** about "embarassing yourself," "destroying arguments," being "desperate," etc. So you can understand a lack of patience there.

I think what REALLY happened here is that mike got riled up because he's not good enough at the game to be able to tell the difference between a good peach and a great peach (as well as the skill level of the opponents they're playing) and decided the only reason the US is considered better is because they're arrogant and can't respect european smash. Turns out that's false and he needs to get better and shut up.
Oh snap, another personal insult! AND pointing fingers at me for embarrassing people who suck ****! IN THE SAME POST!
I guess I'm just resorting to these "destroying arguments" and "embarrasing people", because I have no real arguments. Unlike you people, I just can't hold a candle to "you suck". What an amazing argument. I should just give up trying to keep up in a debate with such a superior intellect as yourself.

@Rain: I actually agree with pretty much everything you said.
My main point has been that the top players in europe is on level with American top players. If you don't want to think they're as good that's fine. But completely dismissing them when it comes to discussing the best players is NOT fine. (which lots of people have been doing, but not you)

Off course I understand that my argument has come across as way more aggressive then that, since I've went out of my way to offend/piss off arrogant posters (:chuckle:). but if you read my posts carefully you'll see that that has been my argument.
Sorry if I offended anyone that I didn't try to offend, btw.
Off course, I know that a very small amount of americans actually think that america is automatically the best at everything. I don't think that Americans think so in general. If I thought that I'd be hella stupid. I was just using a stereotype to poke fun at some *******es.

2 other details:
1. In PAL: Peach is CG:able with DI away, and no DI aswell I think. If they don't DI/di up/towards there's tons of other stuff you can do.
2. Armada has beaten many good campy foxes. Not as campy as spam (simply b/c ive never even seen anyone else as campy as him :p), but he knows how to handle the style well enough to place as well as he does. (and that says alot, mind you)

btw, I don't think I've seen those east coast vs japan crew matches, maybe my youtube searching skills but i'd love to have links to them if they're stream-able somewhere :)

Kouryuu

Smash Champion

Pretty much. Glad someone understands.

what also happened is that kouryuu confused "second rate" with "second tier", and despite it being pretty clear what he meant, people chose to read that one term instead of the entire post
I was speaking on relative terms on a National level when I said "second rate." That should have been obvious. I guess "second tier" works better. They're really the same thing in this context.

This thread used to be fun.

Edit: I love how all this started with...

Armada is still the best
And this guy is trying to pry reasoning out of everyone else after making such a bold statement. This is why me nor anyone else can take this trash seriously. He's already proven himself as an idiot with his initial post.

Edit 2: LOL Oc2. That Crew battle was pretty good though.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I was speaking on relative terms on a National level when I said "second rate." That should have been obvious. I guess "second tier" works better. They're really the same thing in this context.
well the point is, second-rate does NOT mean "not first-rate"; it has an implicit meaning of being mediocre or subpar

on the other hand, i thought it was pretty clear what you meant based on what else you said, so people latching on to such an argument were simply grasping at straws because they have nothing else to stand on aside from semantics

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
kouryuu: It's not any more of a "bold statement" then claiming vidjo/cort/pc/pink shinobi etc is the best peach since armada IS ON THAT LEVEL. If you can't take that opinion about armada seriously there is obviously bias involved. Second rate? Second tier? I don't give a **** what you call it, but Armada does not belong there. HE IS on the same level as the best peaches in the world. (ie: first rate, first tier, whatever you want to call it)
This is my entire point, and it has been all along.

Whatever, it's not like you're in a position to argue about wether or not Armada is on that level... since you already confirmed that you don't know what you're talking about through not accepting my challenge last page. :bee:

Arguing with people who don't base their opinions on facts, also called fanboys, is pointless. But I had fun, lmao

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I'm glad you had fun. Now go away.

Man.. I can't wait to see Armada come to the States (whenever that may be).

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I think Mike was trying a little too hard to prove something most people didnt care about.

People will always be biased, its almost always useless to try and convince the other side otherwise.

Top Bottom