• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

tedeth

Smash Master
Just want to say a few things before I go to be. So many people helped out today it would have been impossible to do as much as we did without everyone's cooperation and I'd like to thank all of you for helping to make this as successful as it was.

For the top 3 in melee, I still have your prize money I'll keep it on me and at my next tourney we'll start by finishing those games.

Thanks again, shoutouts 2moro.... need sleep.....

Zero

Smash Hero
Quick shout before school, did anyone collect my pen? If so, please hold onto it for me until the next tournament/gathering thingy. Thanks

Throwback

Smash Lord
Tedeth you should post the results of the tourney to the character rankings list in Tactical (first post stickied I believe, too lazy to link).

Tourney was awesome, thanks to all had a great time.

I'd especially like to thank Luke & Ted for saying my DK is great before the tourney. I had a lot of fun destroying your credibility :D

jambo

Smash Cadet
Was great to finally make it to Sydney. I'm still pretty new to the tourney scene but keen to get to more. Few quick shoutouts:

Luke: What can I say man, the Mario Bros. plus their long lost brother Snake pwned the brawl doubles. Was awesome teaming with you man, keen to do it again !

Isaac: Thanks heaps for the lift man. Had some good matches with you and Zia in the doubles and lots of friendlies as usual. That jenkins win in melee was OP, your paper tech was just WTFZORZ lol

Tedeth: Awesome tourney. Had a great turnout and was well organised. Great final in doubles man, was so close. I almost thought you had us when it was 2-1 in your favour.

Toby and Meteor: Thanks for a great match in doubles and Meteor pwning me in pools. Was a shame I didn't get to play any singles against your PT Toby, he's gotten truly epic ! Grats on getting 2nd.

Shaya: Nice work on the W man. If only I didn't get you and Meteor in Pools, you guys are too good for me ATM !

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yo everybody, was a fun tournament, wow @ me coming first, short of a miracle, really.
Toby: you're awesome, I love you like my smash child (along with FTS and NOW ZERO), and well, my god its shown how our regular matches has put us quite ahead of so many others, especially you, pokemon trainer is high tier for sure :D.
S.D: Close match, I probably should have stayed Marth, but thank god I won that anyway, you both [inc Toby] were my toughest matches of the day in brawl, and lol they're on almost exact opposite ends of the tier list.

Everyone else, glad to have chatted with you and played matches with you, mercury, you're a real man for having mates/etc bring that huge tv, god tier in my book, all of you. I hope the many new people there can forgive me for 2/3 stocking them, or stopping our matches early due to tournament stuff.

Good luck ILAG at getting better, you remind me of Dekar a lot, you even look a lot like him too, I realise you're a bit young and people give you stupid copious amounts of **** here continually for no elongated reason, but I know, now at least, that you have good intention and you're out to improve and be a regular normal guy here, continue to prove that a youngun can be more mature than the adults :D. Sorry for the others when I was giving you strats :p. But yeah, I'm all for a real metaknight main to rise up, I hope it can be you.

Luke/Jambo: RAGE AT FIREBALLS. Tis all. Almost beat my Falco in the second match of pools, god **** that evil fsmash :D.

Meteor: You'll get no sympathy from me.

teddy: Tournaments take maybe 5 years off your lifespan, I hope technology in the future will reduce it to maybe only 5 minutes, but until then we're just sacrificing our livelyhood for the greater good.

Zero: Actually, I lied at the start, our first match was ***** against me, and I felt completely hopeless, perhaps joining the ranks of Shaya's awesome smash children will give you that edge, because I know you have it, you really just need the experience.

Turtle: jigglypuff is so god **** gay, right? *SIGH* :)

lampi: I hear you did well against many, but I think you got tired towards the end and fell short. I hope you liked your first proper aussie tournament.

Artur: Ditto above, but god **** WHY WOULD YOU USE ICE CLIMBERS, RAGE. I'm sorry you hate my Marth; I was too lucky at winning the first match on Halberd; Halberd is so aweful against Pit :(.

Kadaj: Your d3 skills won me the tournament.
Neo: Your pivot grabs got me rocksmashed, and shame you suicided in the second match, hopefully you'll be able to beat that newb charizard next time. :p

I LAG

Smash Lord
ok shout outs:

tedeth: ****ING BULL**** BLASTER SPAMMING IS ****ING BULL**** ON LYLAT ****ING TILTING AND PLATFORMS getting in the way. anything that the nado cant go through should be banned.

scott: how good did you feel when my mum came and i had to go and you got my spot in the top 16bracket. i think your captain falcon and spamming wolf did better than all the other characters for some reason.

mike: nice work in the crews

shaya: ****ing best brawl coach ever, coaching me mid match agaisnt luke and scott helping me 3stock scotts marth. i wish i had more time and then i could of played you.

Turtle and SD: nice doubles matches SD when you killed turtle in the 1st match that was so funny. if only my lv9 luigi who died in the 1st minute of the match had a better partner he could of won that first match.
2nd match with the lv9 marth was **** did u beat me by like 3,4 stocks lol.

gords and EA: i'm glad i won a match in the doubles with a lv9 cpu. Sorry it had to be you.

hayden and mike: i cant believe i won of the matches and then the next match i got ***** on the green something stage i cant remember wat its called but you guys wrecked me and luigi on that stage.

luke: why wouldn't you be nice to me and use weegee instead of snake and his brutal tilts. the 3 way tie in the pools ways bull**** lol i have never seen or heard of a 3way tie before in pools. very rapist like snake.

stereo: i dont like to john but i was also in melee mk mode and i am sure your marth was in melee mode as well. ggs.

g&w guy i played after stereo: thats some nice bacon spamming. ggs.

gords: nice melee sheik and diddy ggs

toby and meteor: i wish i had more time and then i could of played you.

S.D

Smash Master
1st: Shaya
2nd: TCR
3rd: Bjay
4th: S.D
5th: Turtle and Tedeth?

It got extremely close at the top end. EXTREMELY. Most matches were coming down to the last hit.

tedeth

Smash Master
hey come on i just got back fom uni ill get the results now. wait like 20 min and they'll be up.

EDIT: Actually can't do it 'till 2moro sorry guys, my USB drive with all the results on it isn't here and i can't get it 'till 2moro.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Scoot used waaaay too many characters.

From memory, Pit, Marth, DK, Snake....and maybe some others I didn't see.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Iso is right. Even I don't remember who I played entirely. Can't even remember who I won with or lost with. Only who I won against and who I lost to.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
=Tedeth's Western Sydney 15/03/09 =
Entrants: 33. Entry: $15.

1 - Shaya (Marth, Dedede)
2 - tcranter (Pokemon Trainer)
3 - Bjay (Wario)
4 - S.D (Metaknight, Pit)
5 - Tedeth (Wolf)
5 - Turtle (Metaknight, Snake)
7 - Meteor (ROB, Ness)
7 - Scoot (Metaknight, Marth, Pit)

Bjay

Smash Lord
Shoutouts later.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Post results omg, I really want to know them!

What happened with crews =S Did nothing happen? Yay The **** is saved as I will be there next time RAWR
S.D can provide you with the details =D

oh, sorry, I've got the results for top 8 of brawl.

I just wish to know who Scoot used.
You could have just put them up anyway and edit your posts later!

A full list of who I used.

Metaknight, Snake, Falco, Marth, R.O.B, DK, Pit, Wolf and Fox. :p
Did you actually use all those characters in the Top 16 Double Elimination?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
brawl doubles

1st: jambo and luke, mario and luigi/snake
2nd: tedeth and scoot, wolf and pit
3rd: shaya and maurer, marth and snake/meta
4th: tcranter and meteor master (I think), Pokemon trainer and rob

Dekar289

Smash Hero
sd and turtle must be pretty pro to pull that off
and they dont even play brawl
gg

Toby.

Smash Master
Shout outs:

Ted: Great tournament man, it's awesome that you've got the initiative to make these things happen. As always you're a killer brawl player and melee ganon was just too cool. You need to come to sydney more often so we can do some training in both games! I know you'll come back and **** us with wolf again soon.

Luke: Don't let your placing get you down mate, because it wont be long before you jump to the top again. Awesome work in doubles. You and Jambo were truly epic and deserved the win. Also, thanks for the adaptogens. They'll be in my fridge whenever you're in sydney and feel the need for speed. You're always welcome at my place. I think liam learned a lot from playing you at my place. He needed your killer snake to put him in his place :p

Meteor: Doubles failure! Nooooo! I think we learned a lot from those uncomfortable defeats. As always you owned wherever you went, and I look forward to seeing the new direction you take in the future. Your pursuit of improvement and sheer tenacity constantly inspires me, so keep at it. We'll be back with a vengeance before long!

Jambo: Jeez man you've improved so much since I played you at canberra. You really know your way around mario, and I wish we could have had a couple friendlies so I could appreciate it even more. You should consider coming down with luke next time he comes to a sydney meet. I'm sure you'd gain a lot from it. You're a great guy and it was cool having a mario pro wandering around being generally nice and awesome.

Shaya: Blegh! Too good once again. I always learn a lot from playing you, so despite my loss I'm grateful that I got to experience such difficult matches. Your marth is a massive bundle of **** cleverly disguised by that flimsy tiara; I know your true power ;) D3 Chain grab killing me on the walk off section of delphino was pretty lame tho :p. I'll make sure to ban delphino next time :)

Sam: I really wanted to at least have some friendlies with you, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. Next time I'll make sure to sleep and eat before the tournament so I dont have to waste potential friendly time stretched out on the grass outside. Whilst I didn't see any of your matches I think its safe to assume that you tore it up with pit/lucas/metaknight, so as always congrats on being generally epic. You're a top bloke and pretty much represent what most smashers should be aiming for. You even had a stylish hat, which is +10 points.

Turtle: So basically you're so good that you came and beat almost everyone despite a screwed up hand. Nice. Thanks for being so cool about our melee match even though jigglypuff doesn't need a shred of ability past **** loads of weaving and baiting. Once again you placed well in brawl without even playing the game. Good ****. Hopefully you and I can make it to a wollongong meet some time in the future, it would be great to chill out and play some games with a great guy such as yourself.

Bjay: Great matches man. I've been looking forward to playing you for a long time and you definitely didn't dissapoint! Your sportmanship was really refreshing, and playing you was really enjoyable and interesting from the moment we sat down. Keep up the great work, and try and come to more tournaments! Thanks for all the kind words before and after our matches, as well as the support prior to my massive loss to shaya. I look forward to playing you next time :)

Mercury Adept: I can't remember if you are the lucas I played early on, but if so you were surprisingly good! You really got the jump on me early on and reminded me not to assume I can win just because I dont know the other player. Really good stuff. Mid match commentary was both distracting and humorous :p

Throwback: Don't get so down about your skills man! All you need is experience, and thats exactly what you're getting. I can see your DK coming a long way in a short period of time, and its a smart move picking up a character that doesn't require you to be insanely good all the time! Work on that cargo carry stage spike and you'll be busting heads in no time.

Scoot: wtf no friendlies? It almost seems like we're never going to place each other in real life. You did well in singles and doubles. Good work, and now you know not to try and walk with liam. He's a speed demon I tells ya.

Maurer: I dont think you ever come to the boards, but you're cool. I hope you enjoyed the bread. :)

Zero: ...is unexpectedly epic and a really nice guy! I really wanted to have some friendlies with you as well but there didn't seem to be the time. Good work totally ****** shaya in your first match, it was pretty godly. I hope you get your pen back :p

Gords: You always pleasantly surprise me man. I was pretty lucky to take out your final stock in crews, since you really gave me a taste of my own medicine in that half a friendly we had afterwards. Keep up the good work!

Tim: Pity about the crew battles man, but don't lose hope. Theres time for it all to come around and finally get sorted. I'm amazed that you retained a level of patience despite no one paying you money (myself included :() and the battles taking forever/not happening at all. I really appreciated the work you're putting into this, so stay strong!

FTS: Drop out of school and come play smash with me.

If I've forgotten anyone I apologize. I need to sleep pretty badly.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
a smart move picking up a character that doesn't require you to be insanely good all the time!
that an insult to the skill of DK users?

FTS: Drop out of school and come play smash with me.

School really sucks, my half yearlys finish this Wednesday and i've got plans for a metameet (more info later)

so it wont be long before i can start busting heads with my DK which is surely overweight and in need of a new tie

Top Bottom