• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~*Melee n Brawl Smashfest @ Zom~B's May 8th*~

Purple

Hi guys!
Smashfest at ZOM~B

Call Zom~B for Details
(770) 595 4432​

Wii setups from high school scrubs and car rides for high school scrubs *greatly appreciated*
When​
May 8th
Where​
ZOM~B's House
1420 Oldeforge Lane;
Woodstock, GA 30189

Why?​
Quite Frankly.
We suck.
We don't plan out anything in advance for our scrubby GA brawl players to get better, while melee progressively gains interest.
This smashfest is for people who constantly don't have practice against smashers par or above their level.​

What the balls? Housing?​
People who live real far away can be housed for this event. (we're looking at you Kismet >:] )

What you should bring​
Wiis with brawl
TVs
you
controllers
your game face
at least $5 for Stevi B's​

What will Be Provided

Possibly drinks(definitely tap water lol)
We will be going to dinner at some point, STEVI B'S ANYONE?
3 TVs, ROOM FOR MORE, need wiis
HOUSING for any who need it
If you need a ride I can probably bring you down thursday night(though this doesn't exactly work for the highschoolers eh?)

Rides
Zom~B's house is a good distance drive. Alot of us live far away from here. But I'm thinking that we can have designated people carpool to this event from a set place.

Waba since everyone knows where that is.

Anyone who needs rides would have to pay the driver a few bucks. When i say a few i'm really talking a few. It costs about 4 bucks or so to get from southern poly tech and back.

If you guys are having some deep money johns, i'll pay for your gas. This is a helpful event afterall.​

Wiis (8)

Zom~B
xExile
Bigman40
Bigman40 (2)
Frozenpopo
TurtLe
Octix​

TV's :O (8)

SPSU(6)
Zom~B
Desu
-Turtle-

Rides
Biglou
Desu

Possible smashfest goers (14)

Marsfool
BBQ
xExile
Biglou
Fullmetal
FrozenPopo
Rayku
Zom~B
4leaf
Pervatasaurus
Desu
Teh Umby
TurtLe
Diablo (possible)​

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'll pose this question again: how the HELL do you know about my school?

edit: never mind. this is gonna be ****in' awesome! need to set a date for this so i can clear my schedule.

Purple

Hi guys!
i'll pose this question again: how the HELL do you know about my school?
I'll give a more detailed answer because this is the actual thread.

Zom~B Goes to SPSU
I talk to Zom~B
I'm looking for a place for a smashfest
Zom~B Recommends SPSU
SPSU has a Smashfest.

But considering you go to this school. I will take it you're coming? :]

4Leaf

Smash Rookie
Ugh No one knows who I am still. I should really come out of the woodwork... =/ Guess I will go to this since I am freakin Zom~B's room mate...

Wooo I <3 being in someone else's shadow

bigman40

Smash Master
Ugh No one knows who I am still. I should really come out of the woodwork... =/ Guess I will go to this since I am freakin Zom~B's room mate...

Wooo I <3 being in someone else's shadow
lol, if you said it earlier then we would've known XD No need to hide stuff from a community that needs to get better.

On topic: I'll definitely try to make this. I might get ****ed over since my dad is getting some trouble getting my car fixed.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Just beat everyone you play and people will know who you are. And they'll be shakin' in their boots when they see your name against theirs in the brackets.

And talk to peepz. Lots of peepz

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'll come to this. I'm going to SPSU in the fall so I can just tell my masters that I am getting acquainted there. I would prefer it if people like Biglou showed up though. I play a lot against The Nerds but I've never played against Biglou or Desu.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I can't speak for him, but he lives like ten minutes away, so if it's after his finals he'd probably be down.

Purple

Hi guys!
Do we have an approximate date?

I'm thinking of giving this about a month's time for a couple of good reasons.

1) finals will be done for a good deal of college people.
2) people with jobs can call those days out
3) high school kids can have more leeway since summer is coming so soon.
4) allows the smashfest to get more hype.

You can expect the smashfest to be a while from now.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I have to talk to Ron about when the community center is free and stuff. If possible we want a lot of people to come, so please put input on dates you might like! I'll go from there and see what I can do.

Edit: It will be after my finals depending on move out date. We could do this after I move out of my dorm, but then I could offer no housing/post-friendlies friendlies. We could do all the fun stuff here that never happens at real tourneys too like draft crews and such.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Personally I would like this to be on a Saturday. The idea of me playing smash is already bad with my masters, so it'll be worse if it's on a weekday.

Crew battles would be tight. Woodstock vs everyone else.

Purple

Hi guys!
I would say friday settles best with people, it still gives you a that weekend feel after the smashfest is over, considering it'll be saturday and all, we could out to eat afterwards. XD

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I play a lot against The Nerds but I've never played against Biglou or Desu.

I might come depending on the date. Oh and who shows up.

/BigLou/ZOMB~/other notable people with gay characters I can't beat in a campfest game.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I have seen and acknowledge this thread.
I'd be willing to go to SPSU given a practical date.
My friend Gene goes there, so I could get drunk housing there too.

Purple

Hi guys!
I can't give a good date because this isn't my venue. However Zom~B's going to talk about to whoever the guy is that's needed to be talked for locking this place down for us.

All i can tell you guys about a decent date is that.

1) it will more than likely be on the weekend to meet most people's needs
2) It will be -at least- two weeks away from this date.

I'd rather just wait til zom~b gets back with the word before i start changing stuff in the first post.

@vietg- good people will come, you will get ***** more than half the time you play XD

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I would say friday settles best with people, it still gives you a that weekend feel after the smashfest is over, considering it'll be saturday and all, we could out to eat afterwards. XD
Friday would be really good, actually. I just liked the idea of Saturday because it could be more of an all-day thing rather than a half-day thing.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I might be there. Just to pop my head in and say hello to my school buddies I dont see that often.

@FrozenPopo: I go to SPSU as well. But I hate all the ******s that hang out at the student center so Im never up there.

Purple

Hi guys!
I wish Columbus wasn't like 2 years away from everything ;_;
I barely see you if at all when it comes to tournies. Maybe we should set up something for people who come far away? Free meals? iunno. More icentive :S

I updated the first post with a list of people who've shown interest or is coming to this smashfest when it's available.

As for the date issue, i told you guys the guidelines for the date in a previous post. Throw some dates out there :o.

xExile

Smash Cadet
If I can make it I can bring my Wii no problem. I can delete all of the profiles from New Jersey people to make room for you guys. So you can put me down for bringing a Wii. Any date should be fine for me. Oh, I'm wondering if it this will possibly be as late as June? Cuz I'm starting college in June...so I'm gonna have less time to smash. Should be cool as long as its on a weekend and I don't have too much work. Lol

bigman40

Smash Master
I'll come to this. I'm going to SPSU in the fall so I can just tell my masters that I am getting acquainted there. I would prefer it if people like Biglou showed up though. I play a lot against The Nerds but I've never played against Biglou or Desu.
Well, dayum! I'm offended ;_;

I'll be bringing my group up to this (Deo, Afk, Fob, and me).

Purple

Hi guys!
You know me. Just need a ride.

I'll put you on the list, your rides usually come through for waba tournaments. Hopefully the same goes for this.

@exile- this particular smashfest won't be as late as June, but this isn't a one time thing. I'll put your name down for a wii

xExile

Smash Cadet
Alright then. Sounds good. I may need a ride though. If there are gonna be car pools from waba it shouldn't be too much of a prob though. Gas money shouldn't be a problem either.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
oh yeah, put me down for having a wii too. if need be we can probably also set up some stuff in my room as well (assuming this is before the move out date).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well my tv would have to be in my room (its my roommates) but i have one at home i can bring. pretty sure transporting it here wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Rayku

Smash Lord
If I came I would have a Wii, as well. I thought that was kind of assumed, though.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Count me in as a possible goer as well!
And if you need a Wii, im the guy. I COULD do a TV, but its not exactly small

Top Bottom