• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~*Melee n Brawl Smashfest @ Zom~B's May 8th*~

BigLøu

Smash Lord
hype this shiz up guys and lets step up our games. tell ur freinds ur freinds friends and ur parents and brothers and sisters and cousins and neighbors. GA brawl ftw

tubes

Smash Ace
So is this thing melee and brawl or just brawl? Cuz according to mapquest I'm 16 mins away from there. I could bring a wii but it looks like you have enough.

Umby

Smash Master
So is this thing melee and brawl or just brawl? Cuz according to mapquest I'm 16 mins away from there. I could bring a wii but it looks like you have enough.
Man up, and bring Melee, regardless of how many people come for Brawl. Shit, I know Lou and I will play, at least.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
This is PRIMARILY for brawl because we suck at the game. However, I'm sure when I've got my 4 man apartment next semester I'll be doing more things like this, and those will be both. It looks like a lot of the melee crew is expressing interest in this too, and I know you guys are dedicated enough to bring setups too. We're really gonna need some TVs though. I'll see what's going on with the community center but it can probably be both, I know I like to play both.

SUMMARY: I'll let you know in a couple hours probably. I don't see why both would be a problem, especially since I imagine the melee crew would bring more setups than the brawl crew.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Lounis when are your finals again? We can make this after that, I know they're in like a week or something?

BigLøu

Smash Lord
well if the smashfests are like on saturdays or fridays ill prolly go to those even when im still in school. I generally do all studying things on weekdays and on sundays.

tubes

Smash Ace
Well then I guess I'll come as long as there isn't more melee at a different location at the same time as this. Anythings better then coms.
Friday could be cool as we could all go back to waba the following day for the weekly.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
If I am able to come, I can bring a wii and a gamecube with brawl and melee.

Throw some dates out there :o.
May 8th is looking really good on my calendar. I probably won't be able to do anything before then because I have AP calc exam on May 6th and I want to be putting my attention to that.

Well, dayum! I'm offended ;_;
Aww, Scatz, I posted that back when only Frozen Popo, 4leaf, Rayku, and Zom~B said they were coming. I can smash with them whenever so it wouldn't have been much of a big deal to me. But now that all of these smashers are coming, I'm really pumped and wouldn't care who showed up or not.

You can count on me for Melee. You're too fun to play. Teach me how to moonwalk.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I've talked to the RA/smasher here, I don't have a date yet, but we'd be able to get SIX TVS from the school. SIX. That's a lot of TVs especially if we get more people to bring some too. I can bring one from my room so that's SEVEN, and I think he said he had one too. That's EIGHT. It's looking like we'll have enough wiis/gamecubes for that too so keep on posting what you can bring! I want this to be good. With this many TVs though I'm not seeing any problem having Melee AND Brawl.

Get hyped.

Player-3

Smash Hero
if i am able to go ill be there.
and get laughed at for my pathetic melee skills in the works

<:

Saltix

Smash Lord
I think I win. I don't recall beating a lvl 9 while I played melee...ever. I never owned a gamecube and only played with friends on occasion. Or when my cousin brought it over. I'm so scrub. xD
Congratz sir. You win the internetz!

I think If I can go to this, I'll practice some melee at about 3:41 AM
That way all the good players will be fatigued and their technical skill will drop down to my level: That of a little boy with icing on his hands

BBQ°

Smash Champion

<:
You havent seen pathetic in Melee until you've played OcTIx!
Just ask Mars and Tubes :(
i win. i almost got 3 stocked by a lvl 9 falco. :urg:
I think I win. I don't recall beating a lvl 9 while I played melee...ever. I never owned a gamecube and only played with friends on occasion. Or when my cousin brought it over. I'm so scrub. xD
Maybe we should just forget the Brawl training session and skip to Melee. this **** is sad.

tubes

Smash Ace
You can count on me for Melee. You're too fun to play. Teach me how to moonwalk.
If you really want to learn to moonwalk you should check out redshirtkrt's guide in the falcon forums. Its inside the complete moveset framedata and moonwalk guide sticky. Its got graphs and ****. really helps you understand how to do it.

<:
If I laugh then its only funny because I get wrecked by the melee vets just as bad.
Jab jab jab jab jab jab
I hate that **** so much. That and lvl3 marth's broken edge game. The dude just sandbags until you happen to go off the ledge then BAM! FORWARD SMASH!
To beat lvl 9. stand still and forward smash.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
at this smashfest, I would like to see
*brawl training
*crew battle
*doubles

I want to see how well I can do if I team with certain people. I'd like to try Scatz and Zom~B when they've got time during the smashfestivities. And also Dyno if he shows up.

Purple

Hi guys!
Guys. Sorry to put this out so big and in the open, but i know some of us are car-less. So just so you know, Biglou's giving rides to SPSU if you don't live far away. get your gas money ready and ask in advance for a ride.

Make sure to discuss with each other how rides will work, we don't want guys driving around for an hour and a half to pick up one guy :<

-Turtle-

Smash Rookie
Who wants to go out of their way to pick up a "high school scrub" that will bring his wii and tv? at waba

xExile

Smash Cadet
yea 50 minutes might be too far for me O_O. Im sure theres someone near tyou though that may be able to get you
Yeah, don't blame you for not wanting to drive that far haha. Hopefully there is someone nearby though.

Edit: I got to waba last time cuz my mom drove me there. I can drive myself there though if someone picks me up from Waba. My parents are pretty strict about where I drive and such..I'd drive myself to SPSU but its pretty far away from me. So my parents wouldn't be willing to let me drive out that far...especially for the sake of playing some smash.

Top Bottom