• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

05/09/09 - SC Bi-weeklies - FUBAR!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
RESULTS!

****ed Up Beyond All Repair!

Points of Interest:

#1 -- No spectators, space is limited. Don't bring your homies if they're not competing.
#2 -- There will be a door fee of $1! This is to keep the non-playing homie count down, so everyone will be paying.
#3 -- I will be providing drinks and snacks, which people will be able to purchase. Since I'm not trying to make money, they'll be cheap—like a dollar for chips & a drink, or something.
#4 -- TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF!

2025-H Miller St. -- Apt. H
Lancaster, SC 29720

Schedule:

Registration starts at 11:00 a.m. -- run late and risk not being in the tourney. Call me if you're going to be late, or else I'll assume you're not coming.

Melee doubles — 12:00 p.m.
Melee singles — 1:00 p.m.

Brawl doubles — 3:00 p.m.
Brawl singles — 5:00 p.m.

Fees:

—$1 door fee.

—$5 for singles.

—$10 for doubles ($5 each).

Prizes:

Singles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Doubles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Rules:

~BRAWL~

Double elimination.
3 stocks, with an 8 minute time limit.
All items are off, no smash balls.
MK is banned.

Stage Selection:

Neutral

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counter picks

Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium I
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd

Banned

ALL OTHER STAGES

~MELEE~

Double elimination.
4 stocks, with an 8 minute time limit.
All items are off.

Stage Selection:

Neutrals

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (singles)

Counterpicks

Pokefloats
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Green Greens
Corneria

Banned

ALL OTHER STAGES

Additional Rules for Single's Play-

- Any games ending in time running out will be decided by stock and then percents.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on unless agreed upon by their opponent.
- If a game ends in a Bowsercide (Kirby, Dedede, Ganon, etc.), the sudden death will be ignored and the match will go to the player who initiated the move.
- If two players meet twice during a double elimination bracket, then the second set will be best of seven continuing on with the previous set. Finals are excluded, best of five remains.
- Double blind character pick may be called before the start of the first match of a set.
- First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed above using the striking procedure.
- Advanced slob picks in effect.
- Dave's stupid rule in effect.
- At the start of each set, each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the duration of said—after character selection, but prior to a random stage being picked.

Additional Rules for Double's Play-

- Life Stealing is allowed.
- Team Attack is set to ON.

Notes:

If you get lost/need more information -- 803-235-8145.

Attending:

Devin
TGB
ARS
JMan
Snap(803)
Thunder (+2)
sk47
TRC

Total: ~10+

Set-ups:

(4) TV — Devin, TGB

(1) Gamecubes — TGB
(2) Wiis — Devin, Crio

(4) Melee — Devin, TGB
(2) Brawl — Devin, Crio

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
We need ppl to man up and quit bailing.

Once in a while is understandable, as that is life. But every time??? Everytime we have a tourney?? That is the EXACT reason SC Smash is the joke it is, inconsistent ppl

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
i really want to come, ill see if i can, but after waht happened with the last one, im not making any promises.

but like i said, ill try as hard as i can to come.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
change the date. just push it back/forward one day and i can come lawl.

and change the title to devins good *** smash tournament and tv storage. lawl.

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Barring some unforeseen circumstance, I'll be coming to this one. I'll probably be bringing at least two, maybe three, maybe even four/five (D: ) friends. I need to check and gauge interest. Obviously, I'll get back to you and let you know what to expect.
Also, that FUBAR video... the first one anyway... painz...

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm really interested in the videos from YCBTC. When do you expect to have those up, Devin?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Thanx, i def want the doubles up, they were f Ucking sick man, seriously. Some of my best clutch performances to date imho

Duo55

Smash Ace
I know some of you were interested in attending, so I got the directions off his face book. " Johne Gistingeris (kuja) going to be memorialized on Wednesday April 29th at 2:00 PM at east Georgia road Baptist church in simpsonville south carolina. service is opened to all"

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
if you guys are going to kuja's funeral. id be more the happy to ride with.
pay my respects and whatnot.

oh and by the way i may be coming to this after all. my principal said i may not be able to go to prom because of my constant absences.

so. yeah xD

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Im going for sure, i got the ok from my manager today

I knew him well enough to feel i should pay him my respects. Truly, he was one of those cool *** ppl you meet in life. Tragedy

Vilt

Smash Lord
I cannot make it to his funeral so someone make sure to include NC smash in their goodbyes. Imma miss that bro.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
... no way, that'd be a little unfair, wouldn't it? the coolness of Scha and the um, whatever qualities I have, combined? sounds so broken, it almost has to be Eddie!

/stupid guilty gear joke on my part

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
We need ppl to man up and quit bailing.

Once in a while is understandable, as that is life. But every time??? Everytime we have a tourney?? That is the EXACT reason SC Smash is the joke it is, inconsistent ppl
I would kill another human being to go, commit robbery WHATEVER -- I'm too ****ing poor I hate it!!!!!

EDIT: Did we lose another smasher? :(

Vilt

Smash Lord
And I would love to make it to this one but you happen to nail the date on a Street Fighter tourney is going on in gboro. I swear I will go to the next one.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Woah, wtf? Everyone bails -= no tourney.

Who IS going.... a 5 man smashfest isn't my thang...x D Not driving all the way to Lancaster, and leaving early to go get Marlene at least, xD

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Hm.

In any case- hey Joke, I saw in the last thread you live in Irmo? This is my last week of classes, and I'll be heading back to Columbia to leave from there for next week- if you need a ride and there's room in my car, you're welcome to ride with me. I don't know how comfortable your parents would be with that though? I mean, random college dude from the internet taking me somewhere = instant no for me when I still lived with my parents ^__^;
In any case, the option is there, as far as I'm concerned. Let me know if you need to/are able to take it ^^;

The Director

Smash Lord
If I had a car my chances of coming to this would be better. I'm probably getting one this weekend, so we'll see.

Another thing is the fact that I've WAY fallen out of smash recently. Clinging to Melee is pretty much the only thing thats keeping me into it, and the non-interest shown in Melee (4 entrants lol) this past weekend was really discouraging...

But I'll update you guys once I get a set of wheels. Until then, I'll lurk around...heh heh heh...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
If attencdence dictates, im going.

if not, im staying and going to the zoo with my neice instead.

Obviously, Marlene wants me to stay.

If we get over 13 ppl, i'll go and get complained at as she is going out sat to some club with her hoochie friends

Top Bottom