• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECCSL 2009-2010 Opening Event: Its a trap! June 20-21st

swordgard

Smash Hero
East Coast Canada Smashing League 2009-2010 Opening Event:

Its a trap!

East Coast Canada Smash League is proud to present it's opening event : Its a trap! . Come and show that you have the skills required to take the top positions to gain points for the ranking system! Also come and assist to our many sides event which will include brawl + and most probably some street fighter 4 action .This event wil alsol be the first one which will be worth 100% of it's actual value in points and will determine the direction that the league will take depending on how well it goes and feedback given by players on how to improve the actual organization . Stages are still subject to debate, please however do not debate on these in this thread. They will be tested heavily during 2 weeks to see their viability before the final list is out.

Hype this shiz.

Date: Saturday and Sunday, June 20th-21st, 2009
Time:10:00am-11:00pm

Tournament Organizers

Brawl Staff:
Swordgard
Holynightmare
Ally

Melee staff:
DivinoKage ( the warrior! )

Brawl+ Staff:
Kev!

Entry Fees and Format

Venue Fee – 5 $

Singles - $15

-Round Robin Pools (size and quantity to be decided depending on sign-ups); top 32 players advance to a double elimination bracket. All matches are best of 3, except for Winners', Losers', and Grand finals, which are best of 5.

Doubles - $20 ( $10 per person)

-Double Elimination. Matches are best of 3, except for Winners', Losers', and Grand finals, which are best of 5.
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Set team attack to ON

Prizes:
- Singles and Doubles: 55%/25%/10%/15$ split for 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th.
10%-15$ will go into the pot for the league's championship event.

Schedule

Saturday

-10:00 am Doors open
-11:00 am Registration for Melee Singles and Brawl Doubles
-12:00 pm Registration ends
-1:00 pm Melee single pools and Brawl doubles brackets
-2:00 pm Registration for Brawl Singles
-3:00 pm Registration ends for brawl singles and registrations for melee doubles
-3:30 pm Brawl Singles pools and Melee doubles brackets
-When these are done - Crews
-9:30 pm People should start cleaning up
-10:00 PM everyone leaves

Sunday

-10:00 am Doors open and Registration for Low Tier tourney (brawl) and brawl+ registration
-11:00 am Registration ends and Low tier and brawl + brackets
-2:00 pm Melee singles bracket
-3:00 pm Brawl Singles Bracket
-6:00 PM SF4 Side event

Brawl General rules:

• 3 Stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
  • If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stalling is banned.
  • Japanese ledgegrab rule : If time runs out and either player has over 56 ledge grabs, he immediately loses the match. In the case were both players have over 56 ledge grabs, a one stock match on a neutral stage will determine the outcome of the match.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce 1 neutral stage and 1 counterpicks/neutrals to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral stages (will be on random select):
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

Pokemon Stadium - Melee
Castle Siege

Counterpicks (are not on random select, but are legal stages to be selected):
Rainbow Cruise - Melee
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd

Jungle Japes - Melee
Brinstar – Melee
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Onett - Melee
Pokemon Stadium 2
Corneria - Melee

Banned (can never be used under any circumstances):
Pirate ship
Port Town Aero Dive

Norfair
Luigi's Mansion
Hanenbow
Bridge of Eldin
Green Hill Zone
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Spear Pillar
Skyworld
WarioWare, Inc.
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Green Greens - Melee
Shadow Moses Island
Temple - Melee
Yoshi's Island - Melee
Big Blue - Melee
ANY custom stages

Super Smash Brothers: Melee

General Rules:

Items are set to off
The stock is set to 4
Time limit: 8 Minutes
All sets are best of 3 matches except for finals.
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose the stage they last won on
Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
Stalling or using a technique which prevents the game from continuing is banned.

Set Format (in order of procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Random Stage List
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Mute City
Poke Floats
Lylat System: Corneria
Kongo Jungle

Banned Stage List
Everything else
Mute City (Banned in doubles)
Fountain of Dreams (Banned in doubles)

Additional Rules for Double's Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Participants
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Swordgard
Ally
Holy
Kr3wman
Kage
Thatguy
Nightmare
Ambrose
Agora
Steb
Hype
Jer
CasperJ15
Kingace
Guard
L2P
Fornaxxx
Niko_K
Minus
Raynex
Unknown
Kirt
Vwins
Vrud
Kev!
Dom
[/FONT]

Equipment:
Obviously, a tournament needs a sufficient amount of equipment to run smoothly; this is where we as hosts put our faith in everybody for making this as efficient as possible. For all you generous people, please include your willingness to share your following equipments

TVs
Ambrose
Jer
Kirt
Kirt

Wiis
Swordgard
Swordgard
Kr3wman
Kirt

Cubes
Swordgard
Kr3wman
Jer
Kirt
Vwins
Vrud

Power bars

Extension Cords

Swordgard

Recording Equipment
swordgard
swordgard
swordgard
Swordgard maybe a 4th one

Housing

I'd like everyone from the MTL area to help out here.

Credit goes to System failure 333 for the formatting.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I will be willing to staff for Melee and help run it. I'm going to help run it at the Toronto tournament so i'll get some experience on how to run tournaments properly.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
In for Bawrl Singles and Doubles...
Hoo~ I'll need a new team partner by then!

So if I get this right, you get two bans, but one of them has to be a neutral?
The rules also state that you're enforcing the "winner can't change character on the next round if it's a neutral" thing, wasn't this dropped in the end?

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
The chances I show up are VERY high........accually...... It all depends whether or not Swordgard can give me a lift. lol

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Okay SG, confirm me for singles, and with you for doubles.

Also, two TVs, one wii, one gc is needed, with a game each, powerbar, and ps3 on the side if ever we have time for you know what.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Wrong thread, ****.
Wow, nice fail.

@ Swordgard: You should specify which Wiis are hacked (Ex: have gecko OS and Brawl+ codeset)

That would make things much easier for me.

Oh, and I just noticed I'm not in t3h list, I thought I should point out that I'd be there, considering the duty you placed upon me in the OP lol

I also just lost Aces to 3's for the SECOND TIME, this evening.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So if there are any requests about melee rules, or anything about melee just talk to me. =) I already arranged the levels such as I allowed Corneria as a CP but I have banned Green greens. All the other rules I'm sure everyone knows them and also i will do my best to have fair pools and brackets! =D

Gichan

Smash Champion
depending on my financial situation near the time I may bus it there, just a heads up to TO I don't think Ambrose will be coming, so yeah. Niko, wanna possibly bus to this? I'm not completely sure, but I'll keep in touch for it.

If I do, I'll bring my wii with an sd card with the code set for Brawl +. I hope you guys do go with hosting a side B + tourney.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
If I do, I'll bring my wii with an sd card with the code set for Brawl +. I hope you guys do go with hosting a side B + tourney.
Of course, just make sure it will be the most recent version and all. You wouldn't want to switch Wii's for a round and realize Rob still has that horrible SideB glitch on the new one lol...

Also, you can pm me if there's any Brawl+ related questions. I have LOTS of spare time.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Of course, just make sure it will be the most recent version and all. You wouldn't want to switch Wii's for a round and realize Rob still has that horrible SideB glitch on the new one lol...

Also, you can pm me if there's any Brawl+ related questions. I have LOTS of spare time.

We now have a AiB tourney page thanks to holy. http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6015

Also, il be updating this post tommorow. Hype!!!

Top Bottom